Astrology of fertility and children

hypatia

could anyone recommend a good book about astrology and fertility?
I have adopted children, so am not interested in conceiving myself - but I find it a very interesting area of study and I know many women who would be very interested in interpretations for the best times to try to conceive.

bevrostant

I was actually at a lecture given by Alison Price at SOTA (State of the Art Conference) last year who mentioned that the best time for a woman to become pregnant each month is when the transiting Moon for the month is at the same angle as her Natal Sun/Moon angle.

To determine if it will be a girl or a boy, the sign the Moon is in at that angle of the month, decides if it is male or female.

I worked this out for my three boys, my sisters four children and as well for my current grandchildren.....it worked for them all. I wish I had know this when I had my kids lol.

Have fun with it! Bev.:happy:

fushiafairy

With my conceptions the moon and sun were not at the same angle. As 2 of my 3 children are boy girl twins, the moon sign made no difference.

bevrostant

With my conceptions the moon and sun were not at the same angle. As 2 of my 3 children are boy girl twins, the moon sign made no difference.

That's a very good point.

JUPITERASC is correct. That question did come up during the lecture and fertilization can occur 2-3 days after the fact. Check to see if the Moon was changing sign during that time. She said that younger women can take 2 days while older women can take longer like 3 days.

For those who seem to get pregnant all the time, a little known fact is that 30% of women ovulate 3 times a month at random..........as if we didn't have enough to think of lol.

Have fun with it! Bev. :biggrin:

Gaya0708

Hello.my dob 07 aug 1982. In Mumbai at 02.32 am
My husbands dob 13 Oct 1982 in New Delhi at 00 14 am
We have been trying for a baby from 2 years now and now
Taking medical fertility help. Please tell when
Will I conceive and be blessed with our first child?

minotaur

my head is semi exploding trying to figure mine out...
can anyone help please? :3

Attachments

• astro_2gw_01_alicia_kim.43211.11232.jpg
    astro_2gw_01_alicia_kim.43211.11232.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 29

cherful24

Hi:

I too had some difficulty. I miscarried years back. I would like to try again, soon. I know I have mercury in my 5th house, but jupiter is on my 4th cusp...I have a jupiter transit in my 5th in the summer...

I would love it if some one can help indicate if I will have any luck, other challenges getting pregnant, or if and when I could have kids(s)

Thanks soooo much!!

natel.gif

hypatia

Hi Cherful24 - hopefully someone much more skilled and experienced than myself will reply.
But... as a 'start'... here are my thoughts...

have you kept dates (or are you able to work out dates) of when you've attempted conception in the past?
If so - can you look up what sign the Moon was in at these attempts? What do you notice about the sign the Moon was in on those attempts??
Also - look up what sign your progressed Moon was in at those attempts.

Cancer, Scorpio & Pisces are the most fertile signs.
If you are looking at future attempts at conception I would suggest looking up an ephemeris and ensuring that at least the Moon is in one of these signs.
Similarly, look up what sign your progressed moon is in now - if it's in a 'barren' sign, it 'might' be that it's better for you to delay your attempts at conception until your progressed moon is in a fertile sign. OR, as a friend of mine did, she just went to IVF because after years of no pregnancy or miscarriages, and with the progressed moon not due to be in a fertile sign for many years, she decided she might not succeed without assisted conception. (I am not saying this should be your next option, or even a future option for you).

As for your natal chart...
Your natal Moon is in Libra, which isn't the worst fertility sign, but it could mean that you may need extra help than others who do have more fertile signs on their 5th House Cusp, and for their Natal Moon.
The Sun rules your 5th House - so I would also look at what kinds of transits there were to your Sun at times when you've previously tried to conceive, and when looking at future dates/times I would look at times when there are quite favourable transits to your Sun coming up.

Would love to read updates, and how you go with looking at this - or other methods that you try to help you with your attempts with conception and successfully carrying to term.

hypatia

with a very quick look...
your progressed moon moves into fertile Pisces on 14th Feb 2015. Although the moon itself doesn't move into a fertile sign until 15th & 16th April 2015.
There are then multiple pairs of dates until about March 2017 that look like they could be fertile for you.
Then you have Jupiter conjunct your natal Sun in Oct 2015, and Pluto trine your natal sun in Aug / Oct 2015.
Which 'might' line up nicely with the MNN conjunct your natal sun in mid-2016.

And rather nicely, your progressed moon and the Moon will both be in Fertile signs on 2nd & 3rd Aug 2015, and on 4th & 5th Oct 2015, and 7th, 8th & 9th Dec 2015.

anyway - might be something to look at further yourself, and see if (1) I've worked them out accurately, and (2) if you think these could be a good support for your trying to conceive :)

good luck

cherful24

thank you so very much especially for the dates. I know what I will be doing on all those dates!

with a very quick look...
your progressed moon moves into fertile Pisces on 14th Feb 2015. Although the moon itself doesn't move into a fertile sign until 15th & 16th April 2015.
There are then multiple pairs of dates until about March 2017 that look like they could be fertile for you.
Then you have Jupiter conjunct your natal Sun in Oct 2015, and Pluto trine your natal sun in Aug / Oct 2015.
Which 'might' line up nicely with the MNN conjunct your natal sun in mid-2016.

And rather nicely, your progressed moon and the Moon will both be in Fertile signs on 2nd & 3rd Aug 2015, and on 4th & 5th Oct 2015, and 7th, 8th & 9th Dec 2015.

anyway - might be something to look at further yourself, and see if (1) I've worked them out accurately, and (2) if you think these could be a good support for your trying to conceive :)

good luck

cherful24

hello thank you so much!
I miscarried in 2002 but at that time I wasn't trying to get pregnant. he has several children now with his wife. but my ex boyfriend who I was trying to conceive with, we tried but ould not get pregnant and that was about a year and a half to two years ago. His now wife has just gotten pregnant so I know its not either the men, but that is was my body. and now that I'm serious with the boyfriend we were talking about it and of course i have a fearr that I won't be able to conceive!

Hi Cherful24 - hopefully someone much more skilled and experienced than myself will reply.
But... as a 'start'... here are my thoughts...

have you kept dates (or are you able to work out dates) of when you've attempted conception in the past?
If so - can you look up what sign the Moon was in at these attempts? What do you notice about the sign the Moon was in on those attempts??
Also - look up what sign your progressed Moon was in at those attempts.

Cancer, Scorpio & Pisces are the most fertile signs.
If you are looking at future attempts at conception I would suggest looking up an ephemeris and ensuring that at least the Moon is in one of these signs.
Similarly, look up what sign your progressed moon is in now - if it's in a 'barren' sign, it 'might' be that it's better for you to delay your attempts at conception until your progressed moon is in a fertile sign. OR, as a friend of mine did, she just went to IVF because after years of no pregnancy or miscarriages, and with the progressed moon not due to be in a fertile sign for many years, she decided she might not succeed without assisted conception. (I am not saying this should be your next option, or even a future option for you).

As for your natal chart...
Your natal Moon is in Libra, which isn't the worst fertility sign, but it could mean that you may need extra help than others who do have more fertile signs on their 5th House Cusp, and for their Natal Moon.
The Sun rules your 5th House - so I would also look at what kinds of transits there were to your Sun at times when you've previously tried to conceive, and when looking at future dates/times I would look at times when there are quite favourable transits to your Sun coming up.

Would love to read updates, and how you go with looking at this - or other methods that you try to help you with your attempts with conception and successfully carrying to term.

hypatia

thank you so very much especially for the dates. I know what I will be doing on all those dates!

I am not a professional astrologer - don't take my word for it - I think you should get a proper astrologer to look at it all for you, especially for something this important.

Your 2002 and 2011/12 dates are pretty much confirmed by your progressed moon which was not in a fertile sign in either of those years.
edited to add: plus in 2002 you had some fairly adverse transits to your natal Sun, so that wouldn't have helped. (given that the Sun rules your 5th House)

Last edited:

ena

Hi ,
I am really brand new to astrology and so i would like to ask if any of you can u tell me please in the composite chart with a man i am in a relationship at the moment we have two planets in the fifth house (our fifth house is in is in the sign of cancer ) and the planets there are Jupiter and Mars ... how does this relate to children in our relationship...I have none but he has one boy .

I have used the astro.com site to calculate the chart ;-))

sasa62

Hi:

I too had some difficulty. I miscarried years back. I would like to try again, soon. I know I have mercury in my 5th house, but jupiter is on my 4th cusp...I have a jupiter transit in my 5th in the summer...

I would love it if some one can help indicate if I will have any luck, other challenges getting pregnant, or if and when I could have kids(s)

Thanks soooo much!!

Hi,
I believe that the decision on a new attempt was made in 2012 ... still does not need to think much, because now is the right time ... I believe that the coming months will result in success

Larxene

I do not want to burst your bubbles, but your natal chart is not indicative of high fertility.

For children one typically looks at the fifth house and its ruler. The fifth house is Leo, a barren sign (because it is the house of the Sun, and according to Lilly, "Lions bring forth young rarely"). The Sun is in Virgo, another barren sign ("Maids do not give birth"). In the sign of Leo we have Mercury and Jupiter. Mercury is barren when in a barren sign, because he "discerns nothing of himself". Jupiter in the house is good news, but it is undignifed and contrary to the sect, though in a favourable house. This means his beneficence is lessened. Next we look at the position of Venus. It is dignified, in a favourable house and of the sect, so that is good for you. However, it is not configured to the Sun (the 5th house ruler), and while it sextiles Leo, sextile is a weak aspect.

So in summary, I'd say that the native would have little children at most.

My advice would then be to have sex as often as you can rather than only at specific dates. Sounds obvious but sometimes people try to time it. It may also be prudent to enlist medical reproductive interventions, taking your age into consideration.

If you want to time, you may contact professional astrologers of the electional/katarchic astrology variety. Books that talk about elections (choosing good times to do things) include Book 3 of Hephaistio of Thebes and Ben Dyke's "Choices and Inceptions.

sasa62

The only problem in this natal chart Ma conjuct Mo Ve.

If we go back in 2002 we will see Ju in cancer in 4 house as of now. and Ur 120 Mo sudden unplanned pregnancies also stressful period

So when a woman succeeds to conceive we can not speak about the problem of pregnancy, because it is the problem of maintaining pregnancy
If we ask ourselves what is the problem then we will see the stress period 2001/2002 and a possible period of reduced immunity as a factor in failed pregnancy.

But here would be a major factor in the failure could be pressured environment or partner on the cherful24 and she herself was not ready for pregnancy

At the moment when itself cherful24 she wants a child and not to give birth to a child for a partner or anyone else, pregnancy will succeed

I'm also interested in whether the decision for a new pregnancy was made in 2012?

Please cherful24 feedback

sorry for my english

cherful24

Hi:

Back in 2002 I had miscarried. But no plans for a baby in 2012. I am starting the process now. Before It was more of…well, if it happens then it happens, but looking back I can see that I was not ready. Now I know I am ready. So I hope it happens by the time I am 40. I am 35 now. Is there a way I can look at my chart or solar return, or any type of chart that can indicate when I’d birth a child? I want my own. I don’t want to adapt.

The only problem in this natal chart Ma conjuct Mo Ve.

If we go back in 2002 we will see Ju in cancer in 4 house as of now. and Ur 120 Mo sudden unplanned pregnancies also stressful period

So when a woman succeeds to conceive we can not speak about the problem of pregnancy, because it is the problem of maintaining pregnancy
If we ask ourselves what is the problem then we will see the stress period 2001/2002 and a possible period of reduced immunity as a factor in failed pregnancy.

But here would be a major factor in the failure could be pressured environment or partner on the cherful24 and she herself was not ready for pregnancy

At the moment when itself cherful24 she wants a child and not to give birth to a child for a partner or anyone else, pregnancy will succeed

I'm also interested in whether the decision for a new pregnancy was made in 2012?

Please cherful24 feedback

sorry for my english