Astrology Indicates Humans were Created by God

Opal

Premium Member
Hi, Opal. My point is, that highly rigid structured religions do tend to restrict women's "free will" significantly. The situation of women in Afghanistan now is a case in point. I can think of several fringe Christian groups that dramatically restrict women's autonomy. Yet their leaders believe they are following God's will.

To me, one of the most thought-provoking issues with the horoscope is that you cannot tell whether it belongs to a man or a woman, or what is the individual's social class or religious denomination, without supplementary information.
What I also like about statistics, is that men and women are equal in acting out abusively. Men are just stronger physically and their violence results in more abuse. But that does not negate the violence and assaults by women to others. Much hushed.

I do realize that there are many countries right now, where women are dominated. At the same time a very close friend is Afghani, here and treats his wife very well.

Men and women in our society, I like to use the society that I can observe and find statistics of, are equally violent and equally sexually abusive. We just ridicule the man that is abused. And laugh at the thought of women being equally abhorrent.

The chart is the chart. It does not discriminate between the sexes. People do.

Last edited:

Opal

Premium Member
You can’t tell denomination of religion. But I do believe we share Uranus in the 9th? Yours may be in the 10th, we both have it square the ascendant, me within a degree.

For me, I see it as why I am interested in the Bible from an astrological, mythological standpoint, unable to belong to any organized religion.

Admittedly, Uranus is in tight aspect to three planets as well within a degree. So they would affect the 9th house placement.

Can you see your “religious” way, in the chart?

It won’t say Baptist or United or Buddhist out right, but I would think it would say if you were prone to an accepted or cultish or an aloof attitude towards faith.

waybread

Back on topic, I see no evidence that astrology indicates that humans were created by God. This isn't to deny the possibility that God created humans. I would just like to see convincing evidence for it.

Opal

Premium Member
That would be a hard one.

Is there proof that a singular God exists?

Is there proof that multiple God’s exist?

Then is there proof that God or God’s created humankind?

I am not sure that proving is possible.

I don’t think we can prove back 500 million years.

And even if someone could, I don’t think that humankind would believe it anyway. Probably get stoned to death. 🗿🗿🗿

sentR89day

I feel like a higher spirit created us humans, along with everything else!
The big bang was like a growth spurt a person has at 12 years old! Explosion!

Osamenor

Staff member
Is there proof that a singular God exists?

Only to people who believe in a singular God.

Is there proof that multiple God’s exist?

Only to people who believe in multiple gods.

Then is there proof that God or God’s created humankind?

Only to people who believe that.

I am not sure that proving is possible.

It isn't possible to prove anything that rests on a matter of belief.

That's the paradox: to prove God, you have to start by defining God. However you define God only works for people who believe in God by that definition. People who don't will never be convinced. If the premise rests on something that, to them, isn't true to begin with, the proof won't prove anything.

There's another paradox here, too: people who don't believe in God also have their definition of God. They don't believe God by that definition exists. They do believe that if there were such a thing as God, it would have to be that particular definition of God. Which is why they don't believe in God.

Opal

Premium Member
Only to people who believe in a singular God.

Only to people who believe in multiple gods.

Only to people who believe that.

It isn't possible to prove anything that rests on a matter of belief.

That's the paradox: to prove God, you have to start by defining God. However you define God only works for people who believe in God by that definition. People who don't will never be convinced. If the premise rests on something that, to them, isn't true to begin with, the proof won't prove anything.

There's another paradox here, too: people who don't believe in God also have their definition of God. They don't believe God by that definition exists. They do believe that if there were such a thing as God, it would have to be that particular definition of God. Which is why they don't believe in God.
I call it a belief in a higher power. That is defined enough.

Energy. Life force. Battery. Cosmos.

JUPITERASC

Back on topic, I see no evidence that astrology indicates that humans were created by God.
This isn't to deny the possibility that God created humans.
I would just like to see convincing evidence for it.

The Christian explanation about hell
is that God does not send people to hell
because
God created us with free will :)
and we can either accept
or reject
his gracious gift of salvation.
In other words, according to this explanation
we send ourselves to hell by the use of our God-given free-will to reject God :)

notice:
Almighty God created a universe and human species
in which it was possible
and even inevitable :)
that
that human species would be guilty of a crime
that warrants eternal conscious punishment as the consequence.

God offers the only solution in the form of the brutal human sacrifice of his son.
And in some mysterious metaphysical way, this allows for the pardon
of those members of the human species who hear about it, understand it properly, and accept it. :)
human species have "..free-will.." :)
to accept or reject the offer.

However, the choice to reject it
is a choice for the punishment of eternal conscious torment.
In other words, God says, "..Accept my offer, OR ELSE..."

- this cannot be accepted as rational, just, loving, or liberating.

It is not natural for a child to believe the idea
that there is a God who will send a person to eternal conscious torment - Hell
as punishment for them not believing & following
a prescribed set of beliefs or practices.
If that wasn't damaging enough :)
- it is further explained to the child that Hell is a tribute to God's love - which is pathological.

- not ALL religion is meaningless or without value and benefit.
However, the orthodox Christian doctrine of Hell catastrophically harms people.

waybread

Osamenor, re: your previous post, there is a sort of joke that lapsed Catholics are actually saying, "The God I don't believe in is Catholic." Lapsed Jews are really saying, "The God I don't believe in is Jewish," and so on.

I have yet to track down the source for this quote, but there is a rabbinical saying, "If we could understand Him, could He really be God?"

The problem re: the OP and a thread on spiritual astrology, is that whatever one thinks about God and "free will," it's still not an argument for the soundness of horoscopic astrology. The Bible contains a fair bit of star lore, but it is not astrology.

sentR89day

I prefer the words 'higher spirit' than God. Maybe some kind of spirit manifested all this; The stars, the galaxies, the planets, the possible black holes!

The astrology? I feel like Pisces is 'the all' and created the infant, 'Aries'!

Osamenor

Staff member
I prefer the words 'higher spirit' than God. Maybe some kind of spirit manifested all this; The stars, the galaxies, the planets, the possible black holes!

God is some kind of spirit, by every definition. Except, perhaps, for those whose definition of God is, "We are God."

Higher spirit still means a monotheistic god. Same concept, different language.

sentR89day

I have North Node in Pisces. Perhaps I am supposed to at least study how other people perceive God, or at least their's, and mine's, ideas, about God!

sentR89day

Some believe that we are in a simulation! That sounds like something an Aquarius would say!
So is the simulation creator God? And the simulation is the planets, galaxies, stars, and us?

Humanitarian

katydid,

Hadn't thought to look for that, surprisingly! I DO have transiting Neptune sextiling my natal Jupiter in the Religious house (9th house), so that might explain these astrological insights.

Learning all the time,

Tim
Me too! In this year I have Jupiter sextile my :jupiter::conjunct: :neptune: :conjunct: :chiron: in 9H and I'm coming back to astrology because of this!