Astrology, Free Will, Karma

akshat005

Astrology can be used to get knowledge about this. People attach all these with astrology but it is true that karma and free will are related to people's life.

JUPITERASC

Since I work in hospital I often observed the change of life event marked 1-2 months just prior and just after solar return. Which I also had experienced my own that way. The marking of time is so consistent that is hard for me to see much free will in life. I spent a lot of time to observe and to reflect on serious life matters to understand rather we truly have free will or not. Even depression or depressive period of life can easily be found from the changes of progression and transit on the natal promises. I do wonder the emotions we feeling and logical thoughts also are all written in natal.

Then I thought of how my boyfriend views life why predictive astrology works when you have the skills as everything marked by the motions of cycles and it is clear and definite in Chinese practice also. But then do we have free will then? as if everything is predestined then we all just living a programmed robotic life?
So why should we worry about karma as we can argue none of this being my responsibility.
karma = action = consequences of action :smile:

"Whatever karma I create,
whether good or evil,
that I shall inherit.
"

The Buddha Anguttara Nikaya V.57 - Upajjhatthana Sutta

SO
that's why:

"I am the owner of my karma .
I inherit my karma.
I am born of my karma.
I am related to my karma.
I live supported by my karma...."

SO
to argue that karma is not our responsibility
is unreasonable
Children claim they did not eat the cookies... but the evidence says otherwise
:smile:
The best I could come up with as: we are all being put into compulsory course structure that was set and we had to complete our course that way. Within such compulsory course structure it simultaning us to gain enlightenment and individuality yet all these are not up to us to design how it will be. If it was up to us we can never reach our maximal potentials as we will all by our free will rebel sufferings and powerless situations.
Our allegedly 'powerless situation' is inherited from past actions
those past actions caused by ourselves

astro_novice

Since I work in hospital I often observed the change of life event marked 1-2 months just prior and just after solar return. Which I also had experienced my own that way. The marking of time is so consistent that is hard for me to see much free will in life. I spent a lot of time to observe and to reflect on serious life matters to understand rather we truly have free will or not. Even depression or depressive period of life can easily be found from the changes of progression and transit on the natal promises. I do wonder the emotions we feeling and logical thoughts also are all written in natal.

Then I thought of how my boyfriend views life why predictive astrology works when you have the skills as everything marked by the motions of cycles and it is clear and definite in Chinese practice also. But then do we have free will then? as if everything is predestined then we all just living a programmed robotic life? So why should we worry about karma as we can argue none of this being my responsibility. The best I could come up with as: we are all being put into compulsory course structure that was set and we had to complete our course that way. Within such compulsory course structure it simultaning us to gain enlightenment and individuality yet all these are not up to us to design how it will be. If it was up to us we can never reach our maximal potentials as we will all by our free will rebel sufferings and powerless situations.
Poyi, through my own life experiences, I agree with you that it appears to me that if we have any free wills at all, it must be quite limited. In the case that we don't have any free wills, I agree with your view of "compulsory structure".

Although I don't want to think I'm a robot, my emotional preference has no relevance on the truth. If I am a robot, I am.

I'm undergoing a Neptune transit conjunct my second house cusp. Even when I knew about it, I had no free wills to change course. Furthermore, Neptune dissolved my personal net worth, and destroyed what I have valued personally as well. I feel the need of reconstructing my entire personal belief system, starting from whether a benevolent God even exists at all, and/or whether I have any free wills.

Again, and again, even when I was born with seemingly excess of willpower with Sun/Mars conjunct in the same degree, there is no escape of my personal fate.

JUPITERASC

'......Karma is the Sanskrit word for action = equivalent to Newton’s law of ‘every action must have a reaction’.
When we think, speak or act we initiate a force that will react accordingly.
This returning force maybe modified, changed or suspended, but most people will not be able eradicate it
This law of cause and effect is not punishment, but is wholly for the sake of learning :smile:
A person may not escape the consequences of his actions,
but he will suffer only if he himself has made the conditions ripe for his suffering......'

Ignorance of the law is no excuse whether the laws are man-made or universal
http://www.stevenaitchison.co.uk/bl...of-karma-that-will-change-your-life/?c=Simple