Astrology bringing you down

star2858

Hi all,

I have learned the basics and functionings of astrology and have used it a lot myself to have a better understanding of life over the last few years. However, it just feels that it is bringing me down.

There is not much good in my chart. Maybe that is the problem. The negativity (high virgo presence - worrysome, pessimism). And the harsh saturn aspects depriving me of my happiness.

Also, the low confidence (shy virgo) and 12th house Moon.

I worry about my health, my career, my money. Cause astrology tells me this is what i should know or want to know.

I want to get married, have babies, have a high-flying legal career, be happy. Knowing that none of this may be possible due to bad aspects and intuition is getting me down, really down that it makes me upset and makes it difficult to live life properly anymore.

The even worrying thing is that astrology has directed me, in the right ways you would think. The relationships i knew to avoid, when and how. The career setbacks i have had, the lessons i have learnt. I wish life could just flow on without it.

I have attached my chart if anyone can see any positivity to make tomorrow morning any good.

My life does not suck so much but i really want to have children soon, i may be getting married soon. But unfortunately, my chart does not seem good for children (but there is nothing wrong with me and i know that). So i do not understand the things said about astrological indicators of fertility. I am young, fertile, eat well and all that. Do these astrological indicator indicate strictly for all? Anyone got stories to tell? I am worried.

I just want to be happy and would probably do anything now to wish i had not met astrology.

Please help me/advise me. I am young, fickle and need direction!

Much love.

Attachments

• astro_w2gw_01_kkkk_hp_47239_15071.gif
    astro_w2gw_01_kkkk_hp_47239_15071.gif
    28 KB · Views: 93

kaminari

Hey I'm sorry life is bringing you down. Have you thoroughly studied your natal chart? The 6th & 12th are intercepted, thereby making those four planets & nodes intercepted. I have also had difficulty with my chart & problem planets. I learned about persona charts & was able to identify some issues there. Your chart ruler is Venus, close to the cusp of one of your intercepted houses. Perhaps running a persona chart on her would be a good idea to see if she's being expressed healthily. That would be a positive start. Just my thoughts. I wish you well on your journey.

Edit: another glance at your chart, I notice Venus in close aspect (square) to Uranus & she will be dominated. Yet another reason to pay close attention to your chart ruler, Venus, cause I feel like she isn't being expressed adequately, which would contribute to much of what you've described.

Last edited:

waybread

I don't know what you are reading that should make you feel so pessimistic, star2858, but I have seen plenty of charts that look far more difficult than yours. There are very few "vanilla" charts. Most people have a mix of difficult and easy-going aspects, just as you do.

Virgo is a fine sign. I have Virgo rising. 1/12 of the human population has their sun in Virgo. Most of them lead normal and productive lives. Each sign has its advantages and disadvantages. When you read up on the troublesome sides of the other signs, you may feel that Virgo isn't so bad.

What I think you do have--and what your message bears out--are a few aspects that tend to sap your self-confidence. These would be Neptune square moon and sun square Saturn. But it is important to distinguish between believing that your life will never go well for you, and having that actually be the objective, facultual case. There is a huge difference, with the warning that our beliefs tend to create our reality; and believing that your life will never amount to much is the best way to orchestrate it to match your self-fulfilling prophecy.

If you have no medical problems, there is no reason why you shouldn't have children. I have my sun, Mercury, Venus, [and in some house systems, Mars] in the 5th house; with these planets afflicted by either Saturn or Pluto. I have two super adult children.

The fifth house relates to all those things you really enjoy doing, just for fun. So are you bringing sufficient fun and joy into your life?

I think you should do well at a legal career. With Capricorn on both your MC [career house] and 9th house [law], you probably have some administrative ability. With your Saturn in the 7th, you should be good at one-on-one counseling situations. Your Jupiter, which also rules law, is pretty well aspected. In the 12th house, it suggests that you serve people less fortunate than yourself. Your analytical Virgo sense can be a real asset.

The thing about Saturn is that he can be your powerful teacher. He is Dr. Realty-Check. He runs a diagnostic on your life, so see whether you are reality-based. His lessons include frugality, hard work, resourcefulness, and even seemingly minor things like paying bills on time.

I don't know about a "high-flying" legal career. This can be difficult with young children at home. But you can certainly have a career to be proud of. With your 5th house focus, I think family law focusing on children would suit you; as well as generally serving people who are misfortunate (12th house.) This is also where your north node of personal growth lies.

But by all means, if astrology makes you unhappy, rather than thrilled about who you find yourself to be, I'd recommend a different hobby.

R4VEN

But by all means, if astrology makes you unhappy, rather than thrilled about who you find yourself to be, I'd recommend a different hobby.
I agree with what waybread says above.

The reason I began researching and learning astrology a little over 20 years ago was because I found it to be freakily accurate, and I found that to be very empowering. If astrology does not excite and empower you, then perhaps it may not be for you.

I feel that your Moon and Neptune are perhaps a bit wide to be called a square, even though astro.com says they are. You have Neptune and Mercury squared, and that can be tough to rein in while you are young, and still very impressionable. Check it out here:
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/astrological-aspects/neptune-square-mercury.php

You also have transiting Saturn beginning a conjunction with your natal Mercury - and so a square with natal Neptune - and in the 6th house of health/body, and so Saturn's transit here (for about another year) will increase your pessimism, leading you to seeing the glass as half-empty, rather than half-full. Saturn's square to Neptune by transit can confuse reality for you, and create for you a (temporarily) distorted view of reality, and sapping your confidence. You may also be feeling that all your goals and dreams - something which originates with your Neptune - are unattainable, and that you are living from your dreams, and not from any kind of reality.

As I see it, the whole tone of your original post comes from this transit of Saturn. Like all things in astrology, this will pass. This transit is meant to test your goals and dreams, and only the ones which are realistic and appropriate for you will remain. This is a good thing!!! :wink:

And it isn't astrology bringing you down - it's your perceptions of what you have come to believe is `written' in your chart. You need to study it in more depth.

Lin

If you want to feel better, study the following areas of your chart:

Moon trine Uranus
Moon trine Saturn
Neptune trine Mars from 5th to 9th cusp
Neptune trine Jupiter
Pluto sextile Jupiter
Moon in 11th
Jupiter in 11th
Saturn ruling the MC and trine Moon
Sun trine ascendant (very good for self promotion)

You are a bit young to be getting married. You don't seem to have a handle on who you are as an individual....it's hard to become a marriage partner before you know who you are authentically.

It's funny how you said "I may be getting married"....and didn't say "I"m in love"...."is this a good time to get married?", etc. Almost like you had no control over it.

If you want a career, work for it. Don't use the excuse of a "bad chart" or your narrow experience of the past couple of years. It's been a really bad couple of years for about 80% of the world's population, in case you haven't noticed.

Focus on your true career goals and don't obsess on your chart. Live your life.

By the way, even people with really bad charts (your's not one of them) get a lot of help from good or great transits throughout their lives. Progressions also help us. That is the changing energy "within" us, as opposed to the changing energy "without"....in transits.
LIN

Last edited:
You have had a lot of positive responses here, please listen to us....
Starlink,
What I think you do have--and what your message bears out--are a few aspects that tend to sap your self-confidence. These would be Neptune square moon and sun square Saturn. But it is important to distinguish between believing that your life will never go well for you, and having that actually be the objective, facultual case. There is a huge difference, with the warning that our beliefs tend to create our reality; and believing that your life will never amount to much is the best way to orchestrate it to match your self-fulfilling prophecy.

Absolutely, spot on here, your subconscious mind actually doesn't know the difference between fact or fiction and doesn't really care. What it does do, bit like genie and aldin's lamp is try to fulfil your wishes by birthing into your reality, whatever it is you are putting lots of thoughts, emotions and beliefs about!! So always keep your thoughts, feelings positive, create in your mind, visualise a future you want and put emotions behind that thought and it will come. Try buying the DVD 'The Secret' cos quantum phsyics has proven you are what you think about:w00t:

You have calculated your chart using the default on astro.com of placidus and I use Equal House system and am a modern astrologer. Lots of people that come into Astrology get their free charts calculated at www.astro.com and the default ‘house system’ used is Placidus and think that’s just the norm and all that there is……..BUT that is just the tip of the iceberg. You can change the default on astro.com in Extended Chart selection to Equal house and a few more.

Throughout the forums but mainly in natal astrology there are two main branches Placidus (unequal size houses) v Equal House (whereby each house is same size) but lots more……. For more information on these go here.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/House_(astrology)#Description
http://www.astrolozy.com/article19.asp
http://www.skyviewzone.com/birthinfoforms2/housesexplained.htm

It's only with study and research will you be able to assess where your planets are deposited and in which houses... thus see which 'glove fits'

Now in Equal house your moon is in 11th house of friendships, which may fluctuate, but wherever your moon is, is where we seek nurturance emotionally. I would expect friends to be important to you and as you age, will prob nurture them in return...

With regards a marriage partner, scorpio rules 7th therefore pluto and is placed in 6th house of co-workers, suggesting that is where you will meet your future partners and they may be Plutonian types ie: strong authoratitive, intense, obsessive, controlling types. Having Jupiter in 12th suggests a sort of divine protection/guardian angle thing.

Now cos your virgo stellium is in the 4th I can understand why you are concerned with family matters. Venus is conj 5th and mercury in 5th shows creative, artistic, musical abilities here. But your venus squ saturn also suggests a cautious reserved affectional nature and square to uranus (the divorce planet) suggests a need for freedom and independence to.

So change your mindset, focus on the positives instead of negatives, practise affirmations. Keep telling yourself simply things like: I'm healthy, wealthy and wise. I give love out and it returns to me several fold....
If you tell yourself something over and over, it becomes a belief, once that happens, it creates your reality to reflect your thoughts and emotions...:whistling:

It's obvious why over the last 2 21/2years why your confidence has been knocked with T Saturn, but that's ending now and Saturn only wants you to re evaluate who you are and what you want, by process of elimination.

Claire19

As your 5th house holds Sun Venus and Mars and ruled by the Sun there are male children potentially for sure. Possibly three children.

With Pluto ruling your 7th house of partnerships you need to watch controlling and manipulative behaviour. That you meet someone you work with is possible. You do have squares pertaining to Saturn in your partnership house and with the 5th house planets so it can be you marry someone older or there is a delayed marriage. You may decide not to marry at all even with children. I agree the situation is challenging but then growth producing as is the purpose.

Last edited:

star2858

Hi thanks for everyones' posts,

I am aware that in the equal house system, the moon moves to the 11th house and the 5th house stellium moves into the 4th.

I think my attitude can explained a bit due to the fact that i've just come out of my natal saturn square at 21 which was rather depressing. After it ended, i felt like a huge weight had been lifted off me. My life is changing, for the better. I am looking forward, again.

You're right, life is what you make of it. There is no fate but what we make...at the end of the day that cannot be denied.

S

Lin

There is no fate but what we make...

Hi Star,
Well, I wouldn't say that either. It's both....what you are given and how you use it. There are times that even the most agile of us can't seem to manage our lives and sometimes everything seems to fall into place.

As for marriage: make sure you and the partner are compatibility, and that he loves and respects you and your goals.
LIN

Claire19

Hey I'm sorry life is bringing you down. Have you thoroughly studied your natal chart? The 6th & 12th are intercepted, thereby making those four planets & nodes intercepted. I have also had difficulty with my chart & problem planets. I learned about persona charts & was able to identify some issues there. Your chart ruler is Venus, close to the cusp of one of your intercepted houses. Perhaps running a persona chart on her would be a good idea to see if she's being expressed healthily. That would be a positive start. Just my thoughts. I wish you well on your journey.

Edit: another glance at your chart, I notice Venus in close aspect (square) to Uranus & she will be dominated. Yet another reason to pay close attention to your chart ruler, Venus, cause I feel like she isn't being expressed adequately, which would contribute to much of what you've described.
Interceptions only occur with a certain house method of calculation.
Using equal or whole signs this problem is eliminated. I am not an advocate of the validity of interceptions.

Claire19

There is no fate but what we make...

Hi Star,
Well, I wouldn't say that either. It's both....what you are given and how you use it. There are times that even the most agile of us can't seem to manage our lives and sometimes everything seems to fall into place.

As for marriage: make sure you and the partner are compatibility, and that he loves and respects you and your goals.
LIN
We are not our charts, our charts are us. Must remember that. I too have been guilty of blaming everything on the chart and I know now that we choose this incarnation and all that it brings with it. That you are into astrology you are streets ahead of the game and to having profound knowledge and power to handle your life. Stick with it. I wish you luck.

Lin

We both are our charts and the chart is us. The chart is the "schematic" of our psyches. If we decide to study ourselves and others, we need to know that the chart is the map of our psyche and not something "outside" us.
Just as we are "of the earth" and not something apart from it.
LIN

astro09

Star,

Have you heard that the chart could be expressed as either of the opposite poles when it comes to what involves? For instances, for some an afflicted 12th H makes the individual vulnerable to be confined; for others it means the native is a highly spiritual being.

We have to learn to approach the chart in a more relaxed way; for me I use it as a guide, even after all the years that I continue studying it (and will), nothing else.

star2858

Star,

Have you heard that the chart could be expressed as either of the opposite poles when it comes to what involves? For instances, for some an afflicted 12th H makes the individual vulnerable to be confined; for others it means the native is a highly spiritual being.

We have to learn to approach the chart in a more relaxed way; for me I use it as a guide, even after all the years that I continue studying it (and will), nothing else.

Yes I have heard that it could be interpreted as polar opposites almost! I know what you mean.

I think for me, that 12th house makes me feel uncomfortable in my own skin. It makes me guilty, nervous and fearful, from within - and this is never shown outwardly.

jkxx74

Premium Member
Hi star -

there's a few things you listed that got my attention so I'll comment. It sounds like you're going through an especially difficult time in your life, but astrology has taught me that things change with time. In your case I hope they change for the better.

I also have the moon (and mercury) in the 12th house in capricorn, and both conjunct neptune, so it's a very weak combination and one that's given me clinical depression in recent years. With that set up it's really hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel and I can at least relate to your 12th house placements. But despite that, good things do happen and I've tried teaching myself to pay more attention to them when they do.

I'm interested in seeing your chart but the link you provided doesn't work. Could you try posting it again?

star2858

Hi star -

there's a few things you listed that got my attention so I'll comment. It sounds like you're going through an especially difficult time in your life, but astrology has taught me that things change with time. In your case I hope they change for the better.

I also have the moon (and mercury) in the 12th house in capricorn, and both conjunct neptune, so it's a very weak combination and one that's given me clinical depression in recent years. With that set up it's really hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel and I can at least relate to your 12th house placements. But despite that, good things do happen and I've tried teaching myself to pay more attention to them when they do.

I'm interested in seeing your chart but the link you provided doesn't work. Could you try posting it again?

12th house placement can make you look down on yourself in a negative way. But i don't know whether this means that the planets take on a negative meaning in this position.

Your Moon in capricorn must give you a very serious, sombre take on life.

Right now, i've just lost my job and i am suffering from health problems.

Attached is my chart, you can shed light on it if you want.

Attachments

• astro_w2gw_01_kkkk_hp_47239_15071.gif
    astro_w2gw_01_kkkk_hp_47239_15071.gif
    28 KB · Views: 34

LaRi

Cheer up. Perspective is everything.

I don't believe in negative astrology. Even if an energy seems "bad" there's a way it can be redeeming and used for good.

I'm a Scorpio, if I gave into all the negative interpretations of Pluto and Scorpio I'd be in a padded cell. But to the contrary I naturally am quite optimistic about 8th house powers and benefits.

Remember that our charts naturally reflect us. They don't do the shaping. We shape ourselves and can naturally make good use of our planetary energy if we so desire.

jkxx74

Premium Member
Cheer up. Perspective is everything.

People often try to remind me that - if only it was that easy :sideways:

star, sorry to hear you're having a tough time, hopes things improve quickly -
unfortunately I still can't get the chart to open so I'll ask other forum folks to repost it in case someone has been able to open it.

As for the moon in Cap/12th, it just makes reality 'suck' although other people always tell me it's my fault which doesn't help. It's just one of those placements that is tough to make sense of by others but I don't fault them.