Astrology Book Recommendations

JUPITERASC

The complete translation :)
of Abu Ma’shar’s famous
Great Introduction
to the Science of the Judgments of the Stars.

cover-web-432x648-1.jpg

Although the Internet has been a wonderful source of free information, I believe that I have come to a point in my astrological studies in which I may benefit by investing in some good books. My birthday is fast approaching, and I cannot think of a better gift I would like to receive! Does anyone have any recommendations to start off my (non-existant) collection?

Aquarian Maverick :wink:
For those who are interested in learning more about astrology, the plethora of books and resources out there can be overwhelming — especially as astrology has greatly risen in popularity over the past few years. To find the best astrology books, I spoke to several astrologers who recommended everything from introductory guides to deep dives into transits and birth chart compatibility.

Osamenor

Staff member
For those who are interested in learning more about astrology, the plethora of books and resources out there can be overwhelming — especially as astrology has greatly risen in popularity over the past few years. To find the best astrology books, I spoke to several astrologers who recommended everything from introductory guides to deep dives into transits and birth chart compatibility.

What specific introductory guides or deep dive books do you recommend? This thread is for specific book recommendations, not vague ones.

Zaphod

I don't know who "Dave" is but I'm sure he did a great job gathering this list of "Most Recommended" astrology books...
And...
They may very well be "most recommended"...
Does that make them "Best"?
There isn't even one book there by Dane Rudhyar...

~ Alex
One "Dave" who would have had the depth of knowledge and experience to put this together was Dave Roell, owner of publishing house Astrology Classics. But he passed away a number of years ago and this list seems to be limited to only those books that were published prior to his death. I have a fair number of them and I agree they don't necessarily qualify as the "best." But I don't refer to very many of them these days since I've moved away from psychological astrology and into a traditional approach, particularly horary (seven planets, humours and temperaments, accidental dignities, etc).