astrological advice needed concerning depression and suicidal tendencies

aquarianbd

hi,we r in a very critical situation and in dire need of help/advice.pls oblige us.

my brother(older than me by 2.5 yrs)has severe depression.and suicidal tendencies and hv attempted 5 tyms.he is of the view that world is an extremely cruel and unethical place to live on,which is the main cause of his depression.greatly interested in afterlife,(often hv strange depressing dreams)he resorts to so much ethics and self-sacrifice with so little practicality that the world is indeed unfair to him. though .extremely meritorious(extraordinarily),he has study breaks due to this.several; times he hv quitted studies and broke all contacts with the outside world for lengthy periods-again after much coaxing he has bounced back with extreme strength and seemed perfectly content-but once a trivial issue occurs he is again depressed and suicidal.he is generally concerned abt emotional issues and get depressed when hurt emotionally.our whole family had faced great probs bcs of him.after painful interruption,we had managed to continue his study again but only bcs a new frnd betrayed him(cap with moon in leo) he left all his studies!!!(i even wonder if he is gay!!).though he has promised my mom that he will not commit suicide until my parents are dead to spare dem the shock,one of frnd of him has reported dat he is collecting sleeping pills and planning to drown himself..he is extremely obstinate nd impossible to control!!!!only bcs of his behavior,our whole family is suffering!!!my mother is bed-ridden,i m getting depressed too!!

his psychologist says he really doesnt want to die,just use it as his defense mechanism and to blackmail others.but we r confused!is it true?is there chances he will seriously attempt suicide soon or he says so only to make ppl afraid and to make dem dance per his wish?what will b his future?(study haulted agn,no job,interested in acting,but too shy nd idealistic)?how can he b convinced??what can b done to save him?both psychologicall;y and astrologically??we live in a small country,with no real trustworthy astrological experts arnd!!

pls any help will b greatly appreciated.

his birth details as follows-

Name = dipyaman

Born Friday, January 22, 1988
06:30:00 (time zone = GMT +0 hours)
91e12, 23n27

Planet Longitude House
position
Sun 01 Aqu 26' 46" 9
Moon 14 Pis 17' 13" 11
Mercury 19 Aqu 01' 19" 10
Venus 08 Pis 02' 19" 11
Mars 09 Sag 05' 17" 7
Jupiter 22 Ari 07' 50" 12
Saturn 27 Sag 49' 54" 8
Uranus 28 Sag 52' 31" 8
Neptune 08 Cap 34' 26" 8
Pluto 12 Sco 25' 18" 6
Chiron 24 Gem 00' 03" R 2
Lilith 17 Leo 29' 56" 4
True Node 24 Pis 21' 53" R 11
P. of Fortune 02 Can 48' 08" 2
Vertex 21 Lib 23' 53" 6

House Longitude
Ascendant 19 Tau 57' 41"
House 2 17 Gem 38' 34"
House 3 12 Can 00' 56"
House 4 07 Leo 08' 26"
House 5 06 Vir 27' 07"
House 6 11 Lib 51' 17"
House 7 19 Sco 57' 41"
House 8 17 Sag 38' 34"
House 9 12 Cap 00' 56"
MC (Midheaven) 07 Aqu 08' 26"
House 11 06 Pis 27' 07"
House 12 11 Ari 51' 17"

Planet Aspect Planet Orb

Sun Sextile Mars 7.64
Sun Quincunx Chiron 7.45
Sun Quincunx P. of Fortune 1.36
Sun Conjunction Midheaven 5.69

Moon Conjunction Venus 6.25
Moon Square Mars 5.20
Moon Sextile Neptune 5.71
Moon Trine Pluto 1.87
Moon Sextile Ascendant 5.67

Mercury Sextile Jupiter 3.11
Mercury Trine Chiron 4.98
Mercury Opposition Lilith 1.52
Mercury Trine Vertex 2.38
Mercury Square Ascendant 0.94

Venus Conjunction Moon 6.25
Venus Square Mars 1.05
Venus Sextile Neptune 0.54
Venus Trine Pluto 4.38

Mars Sextile Sun 7.64
Mars Square Moon 5.20
Mars Square Venus 1.05
Mars Sextile Midheaven 1.95

Jupiter Sextile Mercury 3.11
Jupiter Trine Saturn 5.70
Jupiter Sextile Chiron 1.87
Jupiter Opposition Vertex 0.73

Saturn Trine Jupiter 5.70
Saturn Conjunction Uranus 1.04
Saturn Opposition Chiron 3.83

Uranus Conjunction Saturn 1.04
Uranus Opposition Chiron 4.87

Neptune Sextile Moon 5.71
Neptune Sextile Venus 0.54
Neptune Sextile Pluto 3.85

Pluto Trine Moon 1.87
Pluto Trine Venus 4.38
Pluto Sextile Neptune 3.85
Pluto Square Midheaven 5.28

Chiron Quincunx Sun 7.45
Chiron Trine Mercury 4.98
Chiron Sextile Jupiter 1.87
Chiron Opposition Saturn 3.83
Chiron Opposition Uranus 4.87
Chiron Square True Node 0.36
Chiron Trine Vertex 2.60

Lilith Opposition Mercury 1.52
Lilith Square Ascendant 2.46

True Node Square Chiron 0.36
True Node Quincunx Vertex 2.97

P. of Fortune Quincunx Sun 1.36

Vertex Trine Mercury 2.38
Vertex Opposition Jupiter 0.73
Vertex Trine Chiron 2.60
Vertex Quincunx True Node 2.97
Vertex Quincunx Ascendant 1.44

Ascendant Sextile Moon 5.67
Ascendant Square Mercury 0.94
Ascendant Square Lilith 2.46
Ascendant Quincunx Vertex 1.44

Midheaven Conjunction Sun 5.69
Midheaven Sextile Mars 1.95
Midheaven Square Pluto 5.28

apart frm him our mom is aries with virgo moon father scorp with gemini moon(my bro hates him) and me aquarius with cancer moon(in case family luck influencing him)

pls pls any help will b greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• dipyaman.png
    dipyaman.png
    47.8 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:

Yennefer

Hi,

may I ask for the place and country where your brother was born? I will then upload his chart so it is visual and much easier to read.

Also, how long has your brother been having those suicidal tendencies?

aquarianbd

thank u so much for kindly taking the effort to help us.

my brother was born on 22 january,1988,in comilla.bangladesh(lat 23°27 North,long 91°12 East),UT 6.30 A.M.

well he says he harbored suicidal tendencies frm childhood-but the first major attempt he took was in 2003,followed by another in 2004.though acc to him he was depressed for a l;ong time,we begin to see signs around 2003 first .his depression was on peak from 2005-2007.acc to him all his depression started with the death of our grandmother,with whom he was very close in 1999.

thanks agn.

Yennefer

Ok, below is attached your brother´s natal chart.

I am no expert on depression/suicidal tendencies but his Saturn-Uranus conjunction opposing Chiron seems to me to be a major player here. This opposition tighly squares the nodal axis.

I also notice that Pluto was transiting over his Mars in 1999 and followed by square with natal Moon and Venus. Mars rules his 12th house (unconsciousness) so indeed this transit could have had very powerful effect. At the same time, Neptune transited over natal Sun, making him very sensitive and probably undergoing identity crisis as Neptune is likely to dissolve boundaries of one´s ego. No fun at the age of 11.
Your brother´s Sun is in detriment in Aquarius and making no major aspects; this certainly doesn´t help much as he may have quite weak sense of his own identity.

I have to go now but I will try to elaborate on this later. And hopefully someone more knowledgeable about Chiron will also reply.

EDIT: I have now uploaded the correct chart and corrected my analysis.

Attachments

• aqua brother chart.gif
    aqua brother chart.gif
    52.9 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:

aquarianbd

no no there is a little misunderstanding-his ascendant is not capricorn,but Taurus-actually he was born 6.30 am UT,i mentioned the converted tym!!

Attachments

• dipyaman.png
    dipyaman.png
    47.8 KB · Views: 28

Mark

I caught the time error just before you posted it. The time provided, 6:30am, was already UTC. So, the houses in the chart are 6 hours off. Below is a link (including correct information) to a program on my site. The link will provide much more information, but only an astrologer can read it. Attached at the bottom is the chart by itself.

http://www.twelvestaralmanac.com/cg...=m&longitude=91.2&latitude=23.45&elevation=10

I don't know your brother, but it seems that the psychologist might be misinterpreting his pain. His behaviour isn't so much "blackmail," as it is a desperate cry for help. He doesn't just want attention and he doesn't want to manipulate others. He wants someone to know how the world looks to him. Things have gotten this bad because he doesn't feel that anyone knows or cares about "his world," the world that he sees through his own eyes. In reality, the human world is an horrific, cruel, and unrelenting place. This is a self-evident Truth. Talk to your brother and recognise his pain as legitimate suffering. Encourage him to seek the natural world, outside of humans. He should go out into nature and meditate. He should commune with all the Universe in its many ways of being. He should pray to the One God, the whole and origin of existence, for peace and protection.

There is a chance for him. He can get better. But, he must want to get better. Things can change for him, but it will take some work. Things built over years aren't removed overnight. I know that the Peace of God will strengthen him, but he must ask for it. He must empty himself to make room to receive it. Encourage him to find God in nature and in himself. In this way, he can be delivered from all suffering.

P.S. In case this may mean something to you, he should work to cultivate the good qualities of Pisces in his life. That is a good direction for him.

Attachments

• aqua_brother.jpg
    aqua_brother.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:

fushiafairy

your brother has a moon, pluto, neptune, triangle in his chart that I have also. The houses and signs are different though. His moon is in pisces and mine is in the 12th house though. Many of the things you describe about him I have been through, but my tendancies of depression have never led to suicide attempts.
I would encourage a strong spiritual practice. My psychic dreams have been the very basis of my spiritual beliefs for my entire life. I also Need nature. I live in the country and am surrounded by it. I also garden and take nature photography.
His psychologist may be right, but is hopefully treating it like it is a serious real threat. That is their job.
YOu can't control another. but you can say we love you.

sungrl

I hate to offer advice because I am no where near qualified. we have all had our ups and downs though. I would just suggest like someone else did that you sit down with him in the most caring way and offer to be there for him and ask about who he is and except him no matter what he tells you. even try and relate to him and accept him no matter what he talks about but truly try and understand him. Btw I am in no way suggesting you havent been either, sorry if I sound redundant. He needs to be comfortable and feel that someone cares...someone of his own blood. I did a prayer for your brother...hes the same age as my sister. I really wish the best for your brother and your family. I suggest maybe take him to a church pastor or what ever religion you feel comfortable with...they have ways of talking to people and really helping them out also. Hope this little bit helped even though it had nothing to do with your brothers chart. Im sure there are experts here that can give you alot more detail about who your brother is though so ill leave that to them. Bless you for trying to help your brother.

good vibes your way...

Yennefer

Sorry for the confusion, I didn´t notice that the time was already UT. When providing birth data, it is the best to give the local time as nearly all astrology programs and online calculators will convert it to UT automatically.

With Moon in Pisces, your brother is very sensitive and Libra on 6th house cusp shows that in order to feel well and healthy, he needs balance in his body and enviroment. I feel that he could respond positively to the subtle energies of Bach flower essences, particularly the Rescue remedy (used for crisis situations, anxiety and panic attacks). You can find some info here: http://www.bachflower.com/.
Another option may be energetic treatment using reiki. He can also try crystals or kinesiology.

Also, I would suggest visiting a good homeopath.

Last edited:

TaraChaffey

Greetings. The planets responsible for depression are:

Mars, Pluto, Neptune

The Signs responsible for depression are:

Pisces, Scorpio

----------------------

It Mars, Pluto, or Neptune is located in Pisces, Scorpio, house Eight or House Twelve, or if Mars and Pluto are connected, there is a tendancy for depression and suicidal thoughts. I experienced this when i was 15. I hope this helps

TaraChaffey

I have done a brief analysis on your brothers chart to find out some things about his childhood, conception and life.

Your brothers problems started when he was about 15 - 17, when the Scorpio Shift occurred (when Libra changed into Scorpio) this is a deadly time for everyone. Soon after, i see Pluto in Scorpio which is suicidal tendencies. This occurs at age 18 - 20. During this time he has no outlet on his thoughts, as all other planets are far away. His only positive outlet is the Moon, which signifies his own mother. He will need to talk to his mother, because she is the only key for him to get better. I can also see at this age, that there is an Opposition to Jupiter, the planet of wisdom. It seems to me that he researched death and obsessed over it, causing these tendancies to become worse. ask him. did you research death? explain to him that it is normal to research and to be interested in death. people just dont talk about it. allow him to understand that death is normal... and if he really wants to commit suicide just tell him to wait it out. When i had depression when i was 15, when my Scorpio appeared, i told myself to "wait it out" soon enough, those thoughts dissapeared. His Jupiter is also in Aries, the sign of spontaneous behaviour. He may have had impulsive urges and spur of the moment thoughts about suicide after he researched it. allow him to understand that death is serious, and should never be thought of abruptly and without a regard for the consequences.

Scorpio will change into Sagittarius around the age of 30 so things will get better. Mars appears half way through about the age of 35. this can be a good thing and a bad thing. he will need to vent his fighting spirit (mars) by teaching other people (Sagittarius). if he doesn't his suicidal tendencies can reoccur.

The one aspect i am worried about is further on in his life at around the age of fifty. This is shown by Saturn conjunct with Uranus and Neptune in Sagittarius. This often indicates an accident with drugs, narcotics, or overdose. an accident can also occur outside or while traveling. caution is needed. These planets are Opposition with Chiron, which is strange, because Chiron represents an idea of some kind. Did he plan to travel and an accident occurred? or did he plan to take drugs and accidentally overdose? or did his suicide tenancies return and he planned to finally commit suicide? i know that this is much further along, but he will need maximum support at this age.

--------------------------------------------

Another note regarding his conception and childhood. His father was a man who wanted to always spend time with his friends, while his mother was depressed and harbored a particular secret. it seems that the mother and father were more like friends when conception occurred and they may have not been dating for very long. just before conception occurred, i see Neptune the planet of drugs. Did the mother take any drugs or alcohol prior to his conception? if not, she probably took medication.

Unfortunately for your brothers chart Pluto and Jupiter are his only outlets on life. One is deep transition and tendencies (pluto) the other is deep research and knowledge (jupiter) it may seem as though it is either one or the other at this point. To lead a better life, he will need to change his attitudes and concentrate on Jupiter. he will need to learn to teach other people, to gain advice from those around him, and to how to focus his energies on turning his research into something he can share with other people.

---

on a non astrological note; has he tried antidepressants or therapy?

----

T. Chaffey

Yennefer

I am no expert on depression/suicidal tendencies but his Saturn-Uranus conjunction opposing Chiron seems to me to be a major player here. This opposition tighly squares the nodal axis.

I also notice that Pluto was transiting over his Mars in 1999 and followed by square with natal Moon and Venus. Mars rules his 12th house (unconsciousness) so indeed this transit could have had very powerful effect. At the same time, Neptune transited over natal Sun, making him very sensitive and probably undergoing identity crisis as Neptune is likely to dissolve boundaries of one´s ego. No fun at the age of 11.
Your brother´s Sun is in detriment in Aquarius and making no major aspects; this certainly doesn´t help much as he may have quite weak sense of his own identity.

He has Black Moon Lilith in Leo in 4th house, opposing Mercury in Aquarius /same sign as his Sun).
I wonder how your brother behaved when his grandmother died and also how the family responded to her death. When someone who you love dies, you need to acknowledge your feelings and let yourself grieve. Now for a child, he needs emotional support and also some serious talk about death as a natural part of life from the family to be able to do that. When this is treated in a purely intelectual manner, the strong feelings (that a child finds hard to deal with and with Pisces Moon, can loose himself in them) are supressed and will continue to have impact on him.

With Chiron in Gemini, he may feel like he is not able to communicate clearly. He longs to be heard and understood but it may seem to him that others always miss the point of what he is trying to communicate and this has impact on his sense of self-worth (Chiron in 2nd house). With Saturn-Uranus opposing Chiron, could it be that he was discouraged by some authority (parents, teachers etc.) to express what HE thinks and his thoughts were not acknowledged as valid?

dhundhun

Chart is too good for someone to have depression and suicidal tendencies.

While I have doubts about chart, very rarely Mars (from 7th) square Moon/Venus (to 11th) can bring deceptive (effect of Pisces) sufferings - taking friendship as love. This could create frustration.

In this chart, Sun is infant and is not integrated with other planets. One can act in pre-mature fashion with infant Sun.

Last edited:

dr. farr

In homeopathic medicine, perhaps the leading preventive remedy for this matter is made from gold-we call it Aurum metallicum; used effectively (in many cases) since the time it was introduced by Hahnemann (who published one of the first sympathetic articles about the issue of suicide looked at from the medical side, in the early 1800's; he was the first MD to emphasize that this is a health condition, not a moral one) The attenuation of Aurum often indicated for such conditions is the 30x (aka D30) Aurum metallicum is an easily obtainable homeopathic preparation, freely available (without prescription) in most nations...

(Astrologically Aurum is affinitive primarily with the Sun, and secondarily with Jupiter; zodiacally primarily with Leo, and energetically also with Pisces)

Yennefer

I just noticed that your brother has Chiron parallel ASC. This is a signature of someone who can be very skilled in healing and helping others, once he has acknowledged and healed his own wound, indicated by Chiron in Gemini/2nd house.

Nexus7

The word that came up is cruelty.

Has he in fact, encountered a lot in the way of emotional abuse or bullying? How good is he at asserting himself? How are hiss social skills?

Does he turn his anger against himself?

His Moon square Mars is wide, but
maybe these questipns are worth
exploring in the light of that square.

aquarianbd

@ MARK
thanks for your valuable insight.well my brother is shunning the society and living all by himself,but life can't go on like that!!!its true he is alone,but actually his viewpoint is so individualistic that it is extremely difficult to support him or protect him!!!we all have to make compromises here,he stubbornly refuses to do so!!

Last edited:

aquarianbd

@ SUNGRL

a special thanks to u for ur compassion and sympathy.i personally think prayer is what he needs most.he himself is a sucker for compassion and sympathy!!!may ur good karma be always with u.

aquarianbd

@ T.CHAFFEY

lol,transit will change when he is 30??we'll hv to bear his passionate depression till den??!!!!

well he didnt actually study death-but was obsessed with it.we have told him to wait on and he agreed!!!but smtimes he snap back lyk i m waiting for past 6 yrs the more i wait the more i will b in pain etc.

everything abt our parents are true!!my father,was,and is not very co-operative.my mother,was,and is ,depressed!!me nd my bro grew up in a dim doomed environment,which,mayb a major cause of his dislike for lyf!!!

yes,he is visiting therapist,but he and his councellor don't agree on particular matters.he has fixed ideas abt how he should live life(by helping others,loving with passion,shunning practicality etc) which he plainly refuses to change!!his viewpoint is if everyone submerges,the world will b much worse!!!well,the theraapist is trying though!!!

thanks for ur interpretation.do pray for my bro,and for us!!!we r living hell!!

aquarianbd

@ dhundhun

lol,what are the good parts of the chart then???we don't experience anything,except his merit of course!!!!!!

he has great passion for his friends(donno love or not-that will make him gay)(btw any chance of him being gay?).such passion is seldom returned which frustrate him more.well we dont care for frnds with such selfless passion actually,not even me!!!

in some cases he is too premature!!!he understands all problems and acts with extreme caution-consoles others-protect others-but when dealing with himself-he is too too too immatured!!!