Aspects vs House Placements

Snakechammah

I'm curious too. I'm still figuring it out. In my personal experience, it's been a bit confusing! Some guys with great house placements (5th, 7th and 8th) ghosted me, while some hum-drum ones (4th, 10th) remains!

Also, I believe for a man to be attracted, his Moon and Venus must be touched in a tight orb.

Would love to hear other's opinion on this!

waybread

I think aspects are more important. A house placement will often depend upon the house system you use, especially if there is a late degree rising.

You have to be very cautious about asteroids. The rule is to analyse the majors (the planets) before moving on to the minors (asteroids.)I do use asteroids, but they pretty much have to conjunct a planet before I find them meaningful. There are over 20,000 asteroids out there, and when used indiscriminantly, they can become so much space junk.

For example, I wouldn't deal with the "love" asteroids before fully understanding how Venus and the moon operate in a chart.

Virgoan12

I think aspects are more important. A house placement will often depend upon the house system you use, especially if there is a late degree rising.

You have to be very cautious about asteroids. The rule is to analyse the majors (the planets) before moving on to the minors (asteroids.)I do use asteroids, but they pretty much have to conjunct a planet before I find them meaningful. There are over 20,000 asteroids out there, and when used indiscriminantly, they can become so much space junk.

For example, I wouldn't deal with the "love" asteroids before fully understanding how Venus and the moon operate in a chart.

So, with this synastry, there are no Moon or Venus aspects (only his Venus conjunct my Uranus). So what is making me feel this way towards him? I thought maybe I could get info from asteroids, but since there are no moon or venus aspects, this is just infatuation or just "familiarity" because of our trines? Or maybe just the Uranus/Saturn/Neptune/Jupiter conjunctions I see? It's more of a friendly thing although I feel deeper connections to him and we definitely display sexual attraction towards one another. I am on the outside, he is on the inside.

Attachments

• astro_66gw_02_01_steve_winter.19135.22624.jpg
    astro_66gw_02_01_steve_winter.19135.22624.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 31

katydid

Which is holds more weight?

Do asteroids in the houses mean anything?

I don't think you can really separate or compare the two things. Essentially they are merged and delineated together, as they are dependent upon each other.

There is a big difference between an angular mars/moon square and a cadent mars/moon square.

http://astrology.about.com/od/Chart...cedent-and-Cadent-Houses-Astrology-Charts.htm

"And for another take, here's Dane Rudhyar from his The Astrological Houses: "Andular houses: to be. Succedent houses: to use. Cadent houses: to understand or transform. "

The Angular House
"The angles are the primary doors in our chart that open to the outside world," says Kevin Burk in his book Understanding the Birth Chart.
He goes on to say that the Ascendant (First House Cusp) is the front door to the world, and the Descendent is the back door to let in people you're already acquainted with. Burk says that the Midheaven (Tenth House Cusp) is the door to the roof, for public visibility, and finally, the Imum Coeli (or IC) (Fourth House Cusp) is the "most hidden, secret door, the private Entrance used only by close friends and family."

The Succedent Houses

These Houses show the mansions where there's stability, follow-through and focus. They are Houses 2, 5, 8 and 11.

The Cadent Houses

These Houses are in flux, and are to do with dissipating energy, like mutable signs.

That's why they're considered less coherent, and perhaps harder to push forth in a powerful way. The cadent Houses are 3, 6, 9 and 12.

sibylline

They're both important but houses are more variable and subjective. Not everyone is going to be majorly affected, for example, by someone's planets falling in their 8th house. Aspects are also variable but more reliable and straightforward.

P.S. The synastry you attached is a little hard to read. Most people here use the inner and outer wheel synastry form.

Virgoan12

They're both important but houses are more variable and subjective. Not everyone is going to be majorly affected, for example, by someone's planets falling in their 8th house. Aspects are also variable but more reliable and straightforward.

P.S. The synastry you attached is a little hard to read. Most people here use the inner and outer wheel synastry form.

Thank you! Is this better?

Attachments

• astro_61gw_02_01_steve_winter.56290.37598.jpg
    astro_61gw_02_01_steve_winter.56290.37598.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 28

waybread

So, with this synastry, there are no Moon or Venus aspects (only his Venus conjunct my Uranus). So what is making me feel this way towards him? I thought maybe I could get info from asteroids, but since there are no moon or venus aspects, this is just infatuation or just "familiarity" because of our trines? Or maybe just the Uranus/Saturn/Neptune/Jupiter conjunctions I see? It's more of a friendly thing although I feel deeper connections to him and we definitely display sexual attraction towards one another. I am on the outside, he is on the inside.

This isn't a synastry bi-wheel chart. Is it a midpoint composite?

waybread

Gotcha.

OK, If I'm reading the aspectarian correctly, and you're on the outside, your suns are trined. Your moon trines his sun. His Venus conjuncts your Mars. Your Jupiter conjuncts his sun. His Jupiter trines your Venus. Since you've deleted the birth times and dates I don't know how accurate your chart angles are, but there are some other inter-aspects going on with them.

I would say your synastry looks pretty good.

Virgoan12

Gotcha.

OK, If I'm reading the aspectarian correctly, and you're on the outside, your suns are trined. Your moon trines his sun. His Venus conjuncts your Mars. Your Jupiter conjuncts his sun. His Jupiter trines your Venus. Since you've deleted the birth times and dates I don't know how accurate your chart angles are, but there are some other inter-aspects going on with them.

I would say your synastry looks pretty good.

Well, thank you!! But his venus conjunct my mars by 6 degrees, isn't that too large an orb to feel the effects? That's what everyone says.