Aspects to Ascendant: Conjunctions and Parallels

hebrewlaborer

Account Closed
What would you say about Mars in Libra conjunct a Libra Asc? Libra is the opposite of Aries.
I do enjoy competition, physical activity such as challenges and especially obstacle courses. My persona has been the warrior since I was young and as a kid I bounced off the walls.
As I got older though I feel the influence of Saturn stronger - Saturn directly opposite my Asc, within 1 degree. Mars also conjuncts my Asc within 1 degree and the Mars-Saturn opposition is on my Asc/Dsc axis. I feel Saturn's influence started to set in when I hit my late teens. Before that, I used to be so happy and energetic and operated mainly from Mars. I want to get that Mars confidence back. Progressions have not helped!

Kannon

hebrewlaborer, I think you've described it pretty well. Mars/Libra has an added potential of a graceful expression that can be lacking with Aries. Energy levels are great, but the challenge is how to productively channel them.

The potentials for such a Mars/Libra opposite Saturn/Aries situation are often found in the command/control arenas from athletics (command/control of body) to management positions of all kinds, at least those in which you have some executive latitude for decisive action and decision making.

Kannon

Venus trine Asc is a subtler aspect than the parallels and conjunctions that are the topic of this thread. It would indicate the native has a natural and genial way of reaching out to others with helpful and sociable gestures, gifts.
Mars in Taurus can be sextile/60° Asc in Pisces, but not trine it. This would be an enhancement of energy and ability to connect with others through activities, also a subtler aspect than the parallel or conjunction.

Be aware that many Ascendants are not correct enough to know what aspects are really there and which are not. Most Ascendants are not within 3° of their actual correct degree. There's more material on my site about that.

Luney

Only One aspect under 1 degree

Scorpio Ascendant conjunct Mercury Retrograde (0.6 deg)

I have 5 plants conjunct my ascendant but weaker ..:wink:

Attachments

• Luneys Natal Chart.gif
    Luneys Natal Chart.gif
    66.8 KB · Views: 57

Theluckylalita

Hello, I have been studying western Astrology for about 20 years now- I LOVE it . I (like most people) have questions about my own chart. My life has been hard and strange to say the least. I have Uranus Conjunct my ascendant, Venus in an exact conjunction with Saturn in Taurus in my 8th house , which is part of an 8th house stellium in Taurus which includes mercury and mars. I have my vertex there as well. Also Jupiter in scorpio , t
Retrograde in the first house. Any thought? Thank you for taking the time to even read this, Laura.

Andrea_

2° orb is too wide for parallels or contra-parallels, except possibly Luminaries in aspect to each other [...]

Interesting, thanks for all clarifications.

Ascendant is indeed in Capricorn at 14 deg 12 falling close to the fixed star Vega, and thus making my Descendant sit on Sirius. Do you have any personal interpretation for that? Parallels only to houses. It's funny from a geometrical point of view because straight up there's also NN, sitting on Spica, and a couple other things, but yeah. I wouldn't say the sun/mars/jup parallel manifest in a classical way for me, or maybe I should be glad I'm not channeling them wildly and all over the place :)).

Last edited:

Kannon

Ascendant is indeed in Capricorn at 14 deg 12 falling close to the fixed star Vega, and thus making my Descendant sit on Sirius. Do you have any personal interpretation for that?

No. I stick with planets, Lunar Nodes, and Chiron.

JUPITERASC

Ascendant is indeed in Capricorn at 14 deg 12 falling close to the fixed star Vega, and thus making my Descendant sit on Sirius. Do you have any personal interpretation for that? Parallels only to houses. It's funny from a geometrical point of view because straight up there's also NN, sitting on Spica, and a couple other things, but yeah. I wouldn't say the sun/mars/jup parallel manifest in a classical way for me, or maybe I should be glad I'm not channeling them wildly and all over the place :)).
conjunctions to fixed stars are noticeable when conjunct AKA PARALELL by LATITUDE and/or DECLINATION
and not solely by Longitude :smile:
"additional tables pdf" above top left of astro.com chart
provide latitude as well as declination and longitude

although longitudinal conjunction only is accepted by modernist astrologers
fixed star "conjunction" is in fact not entirely longitudinal
because
majority of fixed stars are BEYOND the ECLIPTIC aka apparent path of the Sun
and
to have any notable influence natally
fixed stars require "conjunction" by LATITUDE and/or DECLINATION as well as longitude

declination2.gif

Traditional astrologers use PARANS
PARANS IS LOCATION SPECIFIC :smile:

Some stars will have no effect at certain latitudes
because the star cannot be seen at that latitude.
There is also curtailed passage
in which stars transcribe a circle around the globe yet never touch the horizon.
They make their own circle but never rise and never set.
Bernadette Brady explains
that stars with a curtailed passage of motion
are more extreme in their meaning
than those stars that do touch the horizon line.
Orbs are kept tight, less than 00° 30′.
You can read a longer explanation about parans on Star Logos.
There is an animated map on The Way the Sky Appears to Move: Diurnal Motion and Parans.

Figure34.gif

Kannon

patati,

Sun-Jupiter-Neptune in parallel in the 1st house describes a person whose energies are essentially expansive, imaginative, visual, visionary, very conceptual.

AppLeo

I wonder what the effect the planets would create if they are conjunct the descendant (opposite the ascendant)

Kannon

I think you're asking about if they are parallel the DC (contra-parallel the Asc) since this thread is about declinations -- parallels and contra-parallels.

The dynamic is much the same as an opposition, but generally not quite as strong unless the aspect happens to be very tight (within just minutes of arc from exact). That being said, it is always important to first know that your Asc figure is accurate. That's more of an issue than most people think (even using recorded birth times).

Example:
Mars parallel the DC of the birth horoscope creates a stronger than usual Martial response to others generally since it puts it in tension with the self-expression; it shows a reactive person whose energies are usually quite willing, but who tends to over-reach or jump to conclusions about others; in some charts it strengthens the kinesthetic impulses to be physically active and/or to compete.