Aspects to Ascendant: Conjunctions and Parallels

byjove

Account Closed
I have a conjunction by parallel but no other aspect between that planet and the ASC, does that still count? The parallel conjunction is within one degree however.

dr. farr

Those of us who accept the importance of Parallels, would say, yes it does count, most definitely!

(Vedic astrology also gives importance to Parallels in declination; they call it "kranti" )

byjove

Account Closed
Hmm actually I double-checked the calculation and it might not make the grade after all:

Mars: 21.46.52N
ASC: 20.41.58N

That is a fraction past one degree. :whistling:

dr. farr

I follow such authors as Carter and M.P. Hall, and accept declination orbs up to 1.5 (even up to 2 degrees) as effective-so I would consider Mars to be in Parallel of declination with the ascending degree.

multiple

Account Closed
I have sun conjunction asc, venus conjunction asc, mars square asc, saturn square asc, neptune opposite asc.
for trines I have pluto trine asc.

the widest orb is 5 degrees (sun 25 degrees) but has venus bridging the conjunction to the asc (venus 23 degrees ,asc 20 degrees).
all the interpretations for being great looking having venus/asc aren't true for me I don't think, i'm not ugly but I don't think i'm great looking ,this might have something to do with the other planets aspecting the asc.

M

may28gemini

I have a loaded 1st house, Saturn 25D Leo conjunct ASC 27D Leo and Mars 28D Leo. At birth I was fighting NOT to come in this world. I was born 3 months pre mature, with a heart condition,collapse lung, Pneumonia and Asthma. I weighed 2 pounds, so I had to stay in the hospital for 3months. My mother said they told her to prepare for my funeral because I would not make it! The first five years of life, I was always sick in and out of the hospital. The year I turned 9 all my health problems started to fade away. but throughout my early childhood and teen years I always thought of death. I had a lot of adult responsibilities as a teen. I was always angry about having limited amounts of food and clothes. I was also picked on for looking older then most my age. My childhood was extremely overbearing and lonely. I read this is a karma aspect.

Yikes. I think the big difference between us with having Saturn on the AC is the sign. My Saturn is exalted in Libra so it's more of a blessing to me, whereas, unfortunately, yours is detriment in Leo which is hard luck. My AC also conjuncts 0 degree Libra Jupiter which is very lucky but your AC also conjuncts Mars which shows a violent and traumatic entrance to the world.

Even though I have strong Saturn influences, my chart is actually Jupiteran. I've always felt like I'm a lucky person compared to many people, despite, I actually grew up in a very harsh family environment for a good portion of my childhood (my brother died, my parents sent me away, I came back but found out my dad was hitting my mom and then started hitting me, etc.) but during the storms, I actually had fun. I had a lot of friends, I travelled a lot, met more people, met distant relatives in distant lands, learned to connect with others and just be open. My childhood wasn't completely harsh. Majority of the roughness during my childhood vanished around 11 years old... but not completely. It came back in the awful form of early adulthood when I was 17 which continued until I turn 20.

In general, I think Saturn on the AC shows a difficult childhood no matter how it gets sliced. I think as the native grows up and becomes an adult, that native is a bit more stronger underneath because they've learned to weather and survive big struggles early on in life, which can make the person more well-adjusted to coping with harsh realities of life that most can't even begin to fathom.

BTW, here my AC aspects:

conjuncts Jupiter
conjuncts Saturn (exact)
trines Sun
opposite Moon
square Mercury
trine Mars
sextile Uranus
square Neptune
parallel Pluto (if that counts)

Last edited:

Kelsie

My ascendant squares my sun.
Sextiles my moon.
Squares my mercury.
Trines my venus.
Squares my saturn.
Sextiles my uranus & neptune.
I hope that's good ! Lol.

music.pyro

I have Saturn conj my Ascendant too! Mine's in Cap though, squaring Mecury/Sun/Venus stellium in Libra, but trined by my Moon in Virgo, and Sextile Pluto in Scorpio on my MC. What would you say Saturn being in Cap would mean compared to Libra and Leo? Looks like we've got Saturn exalted, in detriment, and in rulership! :happy:

dr. farr

Many would consider this as equivalent to an ascendant opposition Moon delineation; however, I myself do not look at contra-parallels (since there are historical questions about exactly what contra-parallels are, which, for me, clouds the matter)

M

may28gemini

I have Saturn conj my Ascendant too! Mine's in Cap though, squaring Mecury/Sun/Venus stellium in Libra, but trined by my Moon in Virgo, and Sextile Pluto in Scorpio on my MC. What would you say Saturn being in Cap would mean compared to Libra and Leo? Looks like we've got Saturn exalted, in detriment, and in rulership! :happy:

Oh cool! I've been hoping to encounter another Saturn conj AC person and now there's one in rulership!

Given the info that you've included, I would surmise that although traditionally "cold" and rational Cap Saturn being that it trines your moon, you actually come off as being quite caring and patient towards others, even if they push your buttons (but within reason, not overly sugary or smothering). Saturn AC square the Sun/Mercury/Venus... I see that as problematic and having constant internal battles with yourself of deciding to do the right thing vs what you want/like. There's an underlying current of impatience and also guilt when you do things that may not seem all that kosher to you. There is a part of you that you wish to please others around you which may give you the feeling of having to lower your standards, so there's struggles of pleasing others but keeping your standards from getting thrown out the window.

Unlike you, my Saturn AC opposes my moon and so my "nice" exalted Saturn can be quite "cold" and "mean" when my Moon gets severely tested. I keep it civil, at least, most of the time. When I swing from the sensitive Moon to Saturn, I will be quite merciless and say pretty cutting things. You are not incapable of that, but you find that beneath you so you don't resort to that.

You have Libra stellium of Sun/Merc/Venus whereas, I have that same planetary stellium in Gemini. In general, you're not all that vocal with your Saturn squaring your stellium. Cap Saturn would rather keep quiet than take a risk saying something that could be misunderstood, whereas my Libra Saturn AC trines my Gemini stellium and I love to open mouth (and insert foot sometimes) LOL

Andrea_

Hm, these are my only ASC (14degrees in Capricorn) aspects:
ASC conj Mars
ASC conj Mercury
ASC sextile Saturn
and some sites also show the 10° orb conjunction with Neptune :smile:

Last edited:

SVP

The closest thing I have to my ascendant is Pallas, but that orb is 2.22 degrees and considering the fact that it's an asteroid idk how powerful its effect would be or whether or not it even has an effect on me :/

Other aspects though...
Sun sextile Asc. (1.54)
Moon sesquiquadrate Asc. (0.14)
Jupiter sextile Asc. (3.11)
Saturn quincunx Asc. (1.20)
Uranus square Asc. (3.22)

Every other aspect is super wide so...yea...

Dis Pater

Banned
I am not sure is this thread the right place for my question , but I will try:cool:. My ascendant begins on 14th degree, and Pluto is on 12th degree... would you calculated that my Pluto is also in the 1st house?

Also, something about applying and separating aspect to ascendant- astrologers look at the angular speed of the heavenly bodies and the angle between them to conclude whether the aspect is applying or separating... but, problem for me is that the ascendant is not heavenly body, only a point... has it no speed. Therefore, whether the rule about applying and separating aspects applies to aspects of the planets with the ascendant... if you understand what I mean?

Thank you in advance... this is important for my deeper understanding of astrology .

Last edited:

dr. farr

I am not sure is this thread the right place for my question , but I will try:cool:. My ascendant begins on 14th degree, and Pluto is on 12th degree... would you calculated that my Pluto is also in the 1st house?

Yes I would (but that's because I follow the whole sign house format)

Claudius Ptolemy also would have (if he had known of Pluto): his 5 degree above the ascendant rule (aka "dead degrees") says that any planet in the 5 degrees above the ascending degree is not to be considered in the 12th house but should be delineated as being in the 1st house.

Dis Pater

Banned
But if you're not using the whole sign house system, then it won't be in the 1st house :unsure:?

I have similar situation with Mercury at the end of 9th house... i have mercury at 23 degree of Leo, and my MC started at 25 degree. Personally, I recognize myself more in Mercury in 10th house.

Otherwise, I found answer on second question- aspects of planets to ascendent can also be view through the application and separation. Do you agree?

dr. farr

I certainly won't dispute the contra's value!! And, most DO regard them as = to oppositions (and, this is probably correct)-just that I myself have not applied them to the extent I have applied the Parallels.
A stunning example of contra's is found in the Arthur Bremer natal chart (attempted assassin of George Wallace during the presidential campaign of 1972) In Bremer's chart, Lilith and Pluto and Uranus are all in tight Parallel together, and this group is in almost exact contra-parallel with Bremer's ascending degree! This group (Lilith+Pluto+Uranus) in such a close relationship with the individualizing ascending degree, clearly shows the deep seated tendency toward sudden violence, in Bremer's nativity. Here is a good example of the contra-parallel influence!

poyi

Premium Member
With my Uranus, Jupiter, SN, anti-vertex, IC and Neptune, in contra parallel to my MC, North node, vertex, there is always a fight between me wanted to stay home and while constantly be forced to deal with the public or unavoidably I have to deal with public at work. :biggrin: And I always tend to show a lot of my deeper self to the public as well as at work.