Ascendant Sign Descriptions

sibylline

Hi GG,

You could definitely be Taurus ASC...your lips look almost exactly like my SO's looks in some pictures. Venusian plump lips. He's tall but he's got a thick build, thick fingers. I saw your picture -- you do look young, and I mean that in a good way.

graay ghost

Graay ghost, given Kannon's well-informed, well-considered opinion, I would go with it. If you do, here's an important question for my information--what is your MH in that case? The MH is about how you present yourself to others, which should be abundantly clear in social media. If it's Sag., that would definitely suit you [IMO].

Er... why, may I ask? I don't think I do Sag things at all, really.

Hi GG,

You could definitely be Taurus ASC...your lips look almost exactly like my SO's looks in some pictures. Venusian plump lips. He's tall but he's got a thick build, thick fingers. I saw your picture -- you do look young, and I mean that in a good way.

Thanks, I think.

I'm pretty sure the lips are genetic :pinched:

david starling

"Self-located" is a new one for me, I'm afraid, so you're going to have to explain that one. I am also not sure how that does not describe a Capricorn as well.

You're concentrated on "I am Here and that's just the way it is", rather than on where you're going, and how things will be if your plans succeed (Cap.). Do you admire the qualities of Sagittarius as you perceive them? That would be another indication of MH in Sag.

Last edited:

graay ghost

You're concentrated on "I am Here and that's just the way it is", rather than on where you're going, and how things will be if your plans succeed (Cap.). Do you admire the qualities of Sagittarius as you perceive them? That would be another indication of MH in Sag.

I don't really think so.

craft94

Reading the Taurus/Gemini descriptions....my younger sisters a Taurus Rising and I'm a Gemini Rising and are Ascendanta fit is extremely well except for one thing: height! She's tall, I'm short! Everyone always thinks I'm like 12

graay ghost

Right. Your Moon in Capricorn would obviate against it. It wasn't a trick question--I just forgot to take that into account.

I would think "I am Here and that's just the way It Is" would be more fixed than mutable, wouldn't it?

I mean, I'm sorry, my life has just never really had cause and effect have much to do with each other. Man makes plans and God laughs. I may have plans and ideas of how to achieve those plans, but I don't talk about them because 1) they're already in motion and 2) I don't have hope.

anjelik

My husband has an Aries rising (7 degrees) and physically he has a large frame/presence, defined jawline and squarish head with soft kind eyes. I think his personality fits the description of a Leo rising as well as his Aries rising. Physically he definitely does not meet the Aries requirements and matches the Leo description quite well.

My rising is Capricorn and I don’t think I meet the physical description per say - though I can look kind of stoic at times. I think my personality resonates more with the Aquarius rising more than the Cap rising, as I seem to attract a lot of strange people and people just open up to me and tell me bizarre things all the time, even people I don’t know. I am tall with a medium build - not slender but not fat and I have large eyes (kind of doe-like). My energy is not very Saturnian - I think it is more erratic and I identify with the Gemini description you gave in terms of how I come across when meeting. Interestingly enough my relocation chart shows my rising as Gemini.

Kannon

Err, that seems extremely unlikely, because if I was a Pisces rising I'd have been born the previous day.

No, I'm not claiming that. Birth is a process. It does not occur all in one moment. The moment of delivery to which you are referring is not synonymous with the correct Ascendant. These are two different measuring systems that have been falsely made equivalent by an understandable assumption. My studies have shown that there is a 5-hour time window (4.5 hrs pre- to about 1/2 hour post-delivery) in which the correct Asc can be found.

You sure perhaps not 9-10 degrees earlier w/ Jupiter trine influences?

Yep. Absolutely. Such flowing aspects (trines, sextiles) do not alter facial outlines or other physical characteristics from the norm. Those alterations occur with planets of an energetic principle different from the rising sign making parallels, contra-parallels, conjunctions, squares, or oppositions to the genuine Asc.

Your picture shows me a face that does not fit Asc in Taurus conj Mars and opposite Pluto. You'd have a heavier jawline, a more 'cut' facial outline, and a more aggressive, serious look. Instead, you have a soft, gentle facial outline and soft eyes. If your chart were turned several degrees earlier it would have Asc square Saturn and Mercury. That is more likely than Mars-Pluto, but still not as likely as Pisces rising.

Can't know for sure without actually doing a rectification. It is totally your choice what chart you work with, but your personality as expressed here and your pictures do not match Taurus/Mars-Pluto.

graay ghost

No, I'm not claiming that. Birth is a process. It does not occur all in one moment. The moment of delivery to which you are referring is not synonymous with the correct Ascendant. These are two different measuring systems that have been falsely made equivalent by an understandable assumption. My studies have shown that there is a 5-hour time window (4.5 hrs pre- to about 1/2 hour post-delivery) in which the correct Asc can be found.

Yep. Absolutely. Such flowing aspects (trines, sextiles) do not alter facial outlines or other physical characteristics from the norm. Those alterations occur with planets of an energetic principle different from the rising sign making parallels, contra-parallels, conjunctions, squares, or oppositions to the genuine Asc.

Your picture shows me a face that does not fit Asc in Taurus conj Mars and opposite Pluto. You'd have a heavier jawline, a more 'cut' facial outline, and a more aggressive, serious look. Instead, you have a soft, gentle facial outline and soft eyes. If your chart were turned several degrees earlier it would have Asc square Saturn and Mercury. That is more likely than Mars-Pluto, but still not as likely as Pisces rising.

Can't know for sure without actually doing a rectification. It is totally your choice what chart you work with, but your personality as expressed here and your pictures do not match Taurus/Mars-Pluto.

The movement of houses just seems totally ridiculous putting my ASC in Pisces, tbh. No way I am a 5th house sun. 11th house moon is equally ridiculous.

What about square Merc/Saturn?

craft94

I would love to post pictures and have people guess my Ascendant but at this point, given how much I talk about my placements, I'd be surprised of anyone didn't know.

craft94

I would love to post pictures and have people guess my Ascendant but at this point, given how much I talk about my placements, I'd be surprised of anyone didn't know.

Kannon

The movement of houses just seems totally ridiculous putting my ASC in Pisces, tbh. No way I am a 5th house sun. 11th house moon is equally ridiculous.

What about square Merc/Saturn?

The strongest factors related to youthful appearance where the person appears younger than they actually are ... are: Mercury/Virgo/Gemini, Moon/Cancer, Neptune/Pisces. Strong Saturn factors tend to go the other way, regardless of appearance the person seems more mature, often more concerned (worried, occupied) with serious internal matters.

Part of what we see with your rounded features is indoubtedly Sun [21N46] Parallel Venus [21N27] in Cancer, but that was a slower moving factor that extended back into the month previous to your birth and including lots of folks born then. So not specific enough to determine appearance or physical characteristics by itself. Those specifics are gained from planetary alignment to Asc (sometimes Moon and/or MC).

Assuming you are right about houses, the most likely scenario for your Asc (given I don't have your exact birth data to work with) seems to me to be for your Ascendant's declination to align closely with Mercury [14.5 north], but not Saturn. So that would require an Asc in the range of 6-12° Taurus to be 13.5 - 15.5° north.

I still think Pisces is more likely. If you are considering that the 5th/11th axis doesn't match with your life or interests, notice that your chart as-is shows an interception (widening) of that house pair with Jupiter in the 5th. That is nearly as much an emphasis as having planets in that house pair.

Occasionally there is an Aries riser with smooth rounded features/facial outline who has such other factors as I've mentioned.

animatedoodle

Wow such an interesting thread! I have an AQU ASC but with a Moon in Pisces in the first house. So, I have a round face, people think I'm about a decade younger, all that jazz associated with the Moon. Ok ok maybe not a decade, a few years. :D

Aquarius are meant to have long torsos, and heavy bone structures. Yes, I have that, and wavy hair, that lends itself to frizz. But it's dark, not light, although lighter than the rest of my family, I also have a much paler complexion that them. People joke about the mailman, but that's the lunar influence I think. I was also born with grey eyes, that darkened with time or so they say. They are a hazel brownish hue now. Meh, I say brown but my family swears they are not.

I sometimes wonder if I am a Pisces ascendant. But nope, I just have that mix of Aqua and Pisces. I'm also too electric, one moment and then really chill the next.you would think if I were all fish I would be all calm and lovely all the time. But nope. Some days I crackle, and people get away from me. I also don't like strangers touching me, drives me crazy. I've known a Pisces ASC that would hug someone they just met because they were nice and listened to them break down in the stalls over a messed up spreadsheet. I would never do that.

I hate spreadsheets.

graay ghost

I still think Pisces is more likely. If you are considering that the 5th/11th axis doesn't match with your life or interests, notice that your chart as-is shows an interception (widening) of that house pair with Jupiter in the 5th. That is nearly as much an emphasis as having planets in that house pair.

There may be "emphasis" on 5-11 and 6-12 in my chart being so wide, but having sun/moon in 5-11 could never adequately describe the constant suffering of living in my own head as 3-8. I do not really think that your proposed 4-9 as well fits either... :/

Kitchy

Banned
1st house is how you enter a party.
7th house is how you interact.
12th house is how you leave the party.

Everybody is remembered for one of those traits.

Bunraku

I enter the party like a tank bursting through a wall and communicate in rapid-fire talks, similar to the sound of machine guns firing. Then I leave by riding a rocket ship, effectively annihilating everything in my path.