Ascendant Sign Descriptions

Yann

Is there a site where I can check celebrities sidereal chart? Want to see if I am more like Libra ASC Venus in Libra(tropical) or Virgo ASC Mercury in Leo, Venus in 1st(sidereal).

I am quite confused! My birth chart says my asc is in virgo, but it also says my first house is libra? And my 12th house is virgo..in degrees it says I'm 29 degrees in virgo, apparently I look more like a libra though, could be my moon, but yeah first impressions of me were a libra. So how can first house is libra but others say it is virgo when my 12th house is virgo aswell..weirdness :L

Blackbird

I'm also wondering, could you pinpoint my rising sign? :)

427586_387961154548650_1605727470_n.jpg 561739_504712589540172_340242258_n.jpg

Last edited:

SleepyChloe

I am a Capricorn rising and I pretty much fit the description to a tee! I have an oval/slender shaped head, and I have sharp features. One could say I have elvish features! I have little to no earlobes as well, although my ears don't stick out too much. I am a Scorpio as well, so I have dark eyes/hair/features. Although, I have Uranus, Neptune, AND Saturn in my 1st house... so I don't know what that does to me as far as physical appearance goes, and what it does to my Cap rising

Claire19

This thread may be more appropriate in the Cusps/houses thread, so if a moderator wants to move it, I'd appreciate it.
In general these are accurate from my experience however the chart ruler and its aspects play a large part. Also the decan has a subtle influence.

I dont agree with marrying Libra with mechanical prowess, that belongs with Gemini and Aquarius with Mercury and Uranus rulers. Nor do I agree that Pisces has anything to do with computers etc as a stereotype.

WitchyWanda

Banned
With the fiery sign of Aries rising, the person should meet life in a straightforward and energetic manner: 'Here I am, notice me, now let's get things started'. There is a need to be decisive, take action, and 'own' the power to create and direct the life. The core of Aries rising is finding this creative potency within, not waiting around for things to happen. Life is best viewed as an adventure, quest and challenge. If other placements in the chart indicate a meek or withdrawn nature, there will be more struggle in developing the Aries qualities.

[edited quote over 100 words against Forum rules - Moderator - Note: from http://www.flareuk.com/doc/12houses.pdf ]

Last edited by a moderator:

Kannon

Very nice! Thank you.

The description of Aries ASC fits a friend of mine perfectly, but not the Leo ASC. She has Aries Sun/Moon and Leo ASC 1st decan (Sun ruled). Her Sun is conjunct MC.

While these descriptions are not perfect (and I'm sure none will ever be) there are a couple basic reasons why a solid Asc sign description would seem to not fit: (a) planetary aspects to the Asc of a very different nature; (b) clusters of planets, especially Sun & Moon in another sign; (c) inaccurate birth chart. The first reason can happen by planets aspecting the Asc in declination. The latter happens far more often than astrologers would like to recognize.

I addressed in today's blog post: http://kannonmcafee.wordpress.com/2014/06/18/astrologers-and-our-current-plateau-of-practice/

JUPITERASC

Even within the same race there are differences of skin tone and eye colour :smile:

It's not unusual for children of the same race to be fairer or darker complexioned than their siblings.

So within the race of white/whitish people

some siblings are darker/lighter complexioned than others

and likewise

within the race of black/blackish people

some siblings are darker/lighter complexioned than others

Focusing on
height
weight
bone structure
eye colour
gives overall good results

Black people with Blue eyes and other ethnicities Parts 1 and 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vhW7rR6VDg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCPBpCWm89Y

Four decades of research by astrologer RON BIPPUS

Physical appearance indications based on the Rising Decanate
of the Ascendant Sign
http://reocities.com/athens/delphi/1601/physical.html

Flapjacks

While these descriptions are not perfect (and I'm sure none will ever be) there are a couple basic reasons why a solid Asc sign description would seem to not fit: (a) planetary aspects to the Asc of a very different nature; (b) clusters of planets, especially Sun & Moon in another sign; (c) inaccurate birth chart. The first reason can happen by planets aspecting the Asc in declination. The latter happens far more often than astrologers would like to recognize.

I addressed in today's blog post: http://kannonmcafee.wordpress.com/2014/06/18/astrologers-and-our-current-plateau-of-practice/

Yes, I know. I do believe her stellium of Sun/Moon and Jupiter in Aries clustered around her MC makes the "Aries" show through very strongly, especially with Sun ruling the ASC and no major aspects to the ASC. However, the Leo is definitely there, too. She has a certain "flair" that is not directly Aries.

Bunraku

ALRIGHT Someone help me decipher this....

Person is very skinny, wiry, and etc.... but looks vain because his hair is always polished and combed, not a hair out of place. Not saying that it looks nice, it looks outdated in fact, but it still looks neat. Perhaps this is the Leo in him, the long hair and all. He doesn't seem very Virgo ASC to me.

Chart indicates he's a Leo rising. 11:00 PM is no where NEAR Virgo, but closer to Cancer. His face is far too sharp to be Cancer.

Maybe his lifestyle (very little calories) make him very skinny.
5 Planets in Water VS 3 fire placements (ASC, Mars Jupiter)... hmm...

His voice sounds hollow. Can get very loud easily, but I don't think he notices. Mercury in Libra with Ruler Venus in Scorp conj. Pluto.

No matter how much water there is, as long as Mercury is in a good spot, it will bless the person with a Mercury that I will be jealous of :annoyed:

The voice can be very appealing if soft or commanding if louder. Many are capable of great volumes that resonate from the chest, thus there are many actors and singers with this Ascendant sign.

Hmm...

Then I saw Jupiter Trines ASC 0º tightly. :andy: Yep that makes sense...

But the chart is so heavily modified by his introverted placements :bandit:

Why can't astrology be much easier!???

I delineated his chart for a bit...and he says it's accurate...but something feels "not right"/ something doesn't sit well with me...
hmm...

Off to reading more books I guess. :p

Last edited:

Kannon

Bunraku,

Its best to post a chart if you want any input. Anonymize it if you like, but leave the birth data if you want in-depth input.

Kannon

Most likely Asc for him, based on your descriptions are in early Leo 5*, or mid- to late-Gemini, 14 or 25*.

Bunraku

I think early Leo does it! He is a homebody and plays video games and loves the computers, so I stuck with the 4th house clusters.
Gemini placing the moon +sat in the 10th don't make sense to me, but I'll try to see if it fits!

Thank you!

theoddone

Scorpio rising generally shows a squarish/rectangular head.

Their energy is unrevealing but penetrating or searching, deep, hidden, intense, magnetic, powerful. The voice is generally restrained or obscured with many (especially males) speaking with clenched jaw or through their teeth (ala Clint Eastwood's characters). Many have strong resonant voices. Speech obscurities may show or the person may just not be very communicative. Men tend to appear as the 'strong but silent type.'

The eyes tend to be dark, but can be intensely bright. There is a tendency for many to partly obscure their face or eyes with hair, wearing tinted glasses or covering the eyes with a cap pulled low. The view into a Scorpio rising person is obscured on many levels. They can be short to tall, but will often be powerfully built or quietly imposing in some way. The overall look tends to be dark, but they can have very bright eyes, especially lined with a dark ring. The most common build is somewhat blocky, at least once they've reached adulthood, but the women can be especially curvy and desirable.These people don't let just anyone close and they can be hard to get to know. They can be very creative and have great capacity to excel, even rising quickly to the top. Their deep sensitivity can be either a great asset or cause for ongoing isolation. They can be very magnetic, often even erotic in their outer appeal. They are easily distinguished from Sagittarius or Libra by their private nature.

-My head is pretty square
-I have gray eyes but they are bright and they look dark to me
-I keep my hair long so that I can hide my face
-I'm about average with my height (5' 6")
-I wear a lot of dark clothing. Mostly dark band tees and jeans.
-I have an hourglass body shape. Don't know if that's considered curvy or desirable
-Very few people I trust with my deepest secrets
-My creativity lies with my words but blame my packed 3rd house for that. I have a Capricorn Neptune there
-I enjoy solitude. It's better than being around people
-Not erotic in my appearance at all. Lol!
-With the speech obscurities, I have had issues with my speech for as long as I can remember. I had to have two years of speech therapy because I couldn't speak up (still have issues with that) and I had issues with enunciation. I also experienced issues with talking so fast that words would ram together and no one could understand anything I said.