Ascendant in mutable signs

Therese

I would like to do a little research into ascendants in mutable signs. If you belong to this group and you're in the mood to answer a few questions, it will only take you a few seconds. If there are participants, I will share the results here.

survey

thanks,

Therese

Therese

hi Blaze,

Thanks, but this time I wanted to focus on people with their ascendant in mutable signs. I'm well aware that in astrology nothing is simple and everything in a chart is connected with everything else - I just wanted to try this - maybe something interesting will come out of it, maybe not. Cannot tell yet. I was planning to go into more details and have a look at this from different angles, with further mini-surveys - ask feedback from fixed and cardinal ascendants, from people with planets in the first house, with ascendant rulers here or there, etc. But we will see how much people are interested...

Therese

Dear all,

thanks everyone who participated in the survey. As the number of participants is only 36, I wouldn't call it representative, but here I am sharing the results as promised.

Question: As a person whose ascendant is in a mutable sign (Gemini, Virgo, Sagittarius or Pisces), were you born into a family

- that was unusual, different or in some way out of tune with their environment: 27.78%

– where the parents were very different from each other in some way: 50.00%

– that was going through some major change just before, around or just after your birth (moving to a new country or neighbourhood, one of the parents had a major career change, somebody moved out of home or moved in with you, etc): 58.33%

– none of the above 16.67%

Answered by 36 respondents

thanks again.

Therese

lol, yes it was. I wasn't sure how much time people would spare. I'm planning other surveys, any ideas/suggestions are welcome. How much time would you spend on it?

Arena

I am pretty sure that you need to do this with sidereal seperate from tropical.

I have mutable in sidereal (but not tropical) and I would answer those questions positively. I did take the survey and answered positive, but it is viewed from sidereal zodiac.

Since I also know of research that shows the sidereal as more accurate, I would always categorize into sidereal by having people state their ASC degree and ask for accurate birth times only.

Last edited:

katydid

Dear all,

thanks everyone who participated in the survey. As the number of participants is only 36, I wouldn't call it representative, but here I am sharing the results as promised.

Question: As a person whose ascendant is in a mutable sign (Gemini, Virgo, Sagittarius or Pisces), were you born into a family

- that was unusual, different or in some way out of tune with their environment: 27.78%

– that was going through some major change just before, around or just after your birth (moving to a new country or neighbourhood, one of the parents had a major career change, somebody moved out of home or moved in with you, etc): 58.33%

thanks again.

My daughter has Sag rising and Gemini on the MC. I am totally confident with her birth time. lol

She would say yes to all of the above questions.

1. Our family was 'different' in that we adopted our two kids at birth, were in the delivery room with them when they were born, and they came home with us at 2 days old. Our kids were both mixed race and we were white Irish Catholics in a white suburb. :unsure:

2. My husband and I were and still are very different from each other, but still married 33 years later.

3. We moved to a nearby town when she was 6 months old and husband got a new and better job a couple of months before that. Her teen aged birth mom lived with us while she was pregnant with our daughter but moved out after the birth but did come and visit several times.

david starling

I am pretty sure that you need to do this with sidereal seperate from tropical.

I have mutable in sidereal (but not tropical) and I would answer those questions positively. I did take the survey and answered positive, but it is viewed from sidereal zodiac.

Since I also know of research that shows the sidereal as more accurate, I would always categorize into sidereal by having people state their ASC degree and ask for accurate birth times only.

Gotta ask--Where, exactly are you locating your Sign-boundaries relative to Tropical? There is a lack of unanimity on the matter.

Flapjacks

Dear all,

thanks again.

For 2 and 3, it seems hard to believe a lot of people wouldn't answer 'yes' no matter what their Asc. Everyone's parents are different from each other ("very" is subjective) and having a baby can be a big disruption, so it's likely that a major change might happen around a birth. I say this as constructive criticism. :)

I felt I could answer those as an extreme considering the 20-year age difference between my parents. I was very disruptive to my parents' plans for life, being a total accident between two people that weren't even really dating. :devil: They were both in transition, living temporarily at the same boarding house and drinking too much; my dad just moved to the area from across the country and my mom was being her roaming, restless self. So yeah, 'yes' to all of those.

Arena

Gotta ask--Where, exactly are you locating your Sign-boundaries relative to Tropical? There is a lack of unanimity on the matter.

I use the Fagan-Bradley. Most of the sidereal ayanamsa are around the same degree, 24 degr earlier than tropical zodiac. That is counting for precession, so it is technically more accurate, precession of the earth (the wobble movement) places the vernal point in Pisces now, not Aries.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlVgEoZDjok

Anyway, it is very hard to make surveys in astrology, because so many things can affect the life and personality. F.ex. in this survey we could also have people that do not have mutable ascendants, since they are using tropical zodiac. We could also have people having Uranus on angle, so their lives are constantly changing.

Arena

And this may indeed have nothing to do with her ASC. :)
It may have to do with her IC sign and it may have to do with a planet on an angle. This is why I point out above that the ASC may have nothing to do with this. The ASC is traditionally thought to describe the appearance of a person.

Therese

hey, thanks, everyone. It's cool to have your thoughts on this.

Yes, it is very tricky to do astrological research, and I used to be quite sure that it's actually impossible, but then I decided I would give it an honest try anyway. Yes, each chart is unique and aspects to the ascendant and to its ruler etc change a lot, but I'd like to see whether mutable ascendants show some basic trends anyway.

Thanks, Flapjacks, noted, I will have to sit a bit more on how to formulate the questions to reflect better what exactly I want to know.

I should explain more. When I ask whether the parents were very different from each other, I mean whether the person was put in a position where the emphasis was on their adjustment to the parents and mediating between them, or mediating between the family (value system) and the world, etc. A situation of more-or-less constant "negotiation" for the child, where, from the very start, they perceive the world as a place where everything is "dual" and/or multiple and/or in flux. No fixed rules to follow, the child has to find out for themselves which rules apply at the moment and has to become fluent at "switching". something like that.

By major change I meant the kind of stuff I put in brackets, those that are quite independent from the birth of the baby, not the usual sleepless nights etc. There are lots of people I know who were quite set and ready by the time they had kids, they lived together for years, they were settled in their house, in their jobs, etc, so the baby was about the only change in their life. A big change for sure, but still, their life went on in quite a predictable way, mostly in sync with their friends, neighbours, etc.

For example, I have a fixed ascendant, and sure, my parents were different in personality (my mother is very authoritarian, while my father was a big kid), but for an outer observer, they were quite homogenous: the same age, the same social status, about the same background. No multiple sets of rules for me, we all did what my mother said, or else, lol. Sure, having a child brought changes, but on the outside, my parents' life went on along the same tracks as most families in the neighbourhood. We did what everybody else did, when everybody else was doing it. My parents even bought their casette player when everybody was buying one, and so on. Same town, same factory jobs, same circumstances.

craft94

I think if you want this research to be effective, you'll at least have to collect answers for Fixed and Cardinal ascendants as well. Rather than simply collect data on mutable ascendants, I would suggest comparing that data to other Ascendants. I'm not dictating to you. I'm just trying to help.

Anyway, I'm a Gemini Ascendant. I'd love to answer your questiona but I feel uncomfortable talking about my family on a public forum like this. Is there anyway I can PM you? Therese...?

Therese

hi craft,

yes, that was the plan. I was not sure how much time people would be willing to spend on answering questions, so I wanted three mini-surveys, the same question with the same options, one for mutable, one for cardinal and one for fixed ascendants.

but now I think I should make one longer survey instead, and ask all ascendant modes to participate. I just need some time to put it together.

Sure you can pm me anytime, and/or you can also fill in the survey here, it's totally anonymous.

thanks