Are we impulsive and crazy or is this a good idea?

iwatchthesunrise

Moving to Texas for a career change and affordable cost of living

Fast forward 2 years later... I have a relocation question again lol. We are engaged, now, and did not relocate to Arizona or move in together!

I've been looking at Texas recently (mostly El Paso, but I'll take any major city in Texas as a start).
The purpose of our move is to live together (because we are living with our parents), warmer climate, affordable cost of living, and a career change into woodworking/home construction (from cooking) for him.

Any advice can help.

One problem is my car situation. We've been saving up to move, but my car is currently an issue because it is unreliable for a NYC to Texas drive. My mother's boyfriend proposed that he'd give me his car once he buys himself a new one, but it's taking him a while to "get a good deal." It would suck to throw the moving savings into a new car and prolong the move because we have to save up again. AND, since I am a new driver, I'd like to sign up under my dad's car insurance.

Another unknown is the career and housing opportunities in Texas.
We don't want to end up homeless and hungry :(

Another problem is my fiance's relationship with his father is a bit codependent and it's stressing him to move.

It's about time we get going already, but the unknown and some of the circumstances are weighing upon us. We've never lived on our own before, so it's also a bit scary.

Me and my boyfriend are having this impulsive urge to move to the Phoenix area in Arizona from New York City. We want to move ASAP!
This month or the next.
The longer we put it off, the more we worry.
We don't live together right now, but we've had many long stays together at each others' places.

Is this a good move for us individually and as a couple?
Will life be better for us there than in NYC?
And, without us having a credit score, will we strike good luck getting a place together AND new, fulfilling jobs easily?
Finances?
Lifestyle?
Romance?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated as I am stressing myself out. I'm really being called to that area so I can study astrology. What do you think?

Attachments

• Me - Austin, TX.jpg
    Me - Austin, TX.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 29
  • He - Austin, TX.jpg
    He - Austin, TX.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:

Kitchy

Banned
With relocation questions, it's important to know what the new place you have in mind means to you.

In a relocation chart, in general, you look to 4th house ruler and see where that ruler is in the chart. If the ruler is in a house that appeals to you for your reasons of moving, it's usually a good move. If it is in a house in your chart that you are not focusing your lives together on, take extra review.

An example would be if you and your guy want to move to arizona for the outdoors activities, you'd look for the 4th ruler in the 2nd 5th or 9th for pleasure, nature and recreation and 'new experiences' in nature.

If you want to start a family, buy a home, you'd look to ruler's 4th or 8th house for 'settling down' indications.

If the conservative social and political climate appeals to you - then you would look for the ruler to be in 10th or 11th or 7th house - indicating 'other people, groups or institutions' that share your views or practices.

If it's more of a wild "why not move to arizona!" thought - the ruler could be seen in 1st or 11th as well.

Maybe think for a bit on what it is about Arizona that appeals to you and your guy and then look at the houses of the relocation chart and see where the chart ruler falls.

tsmall

Premium Member
With relocation questions, it's important to know what the new place you have in mind means to you.

In a relocation chart, in general, you look to 4th house ruler and see where that ruler is in the chart. If the ruler is in a house that appeals to you for your reasons of moving, it's usually a good move. If it is in a house in your chart that you are not focusing your lives together on, take extra review.

This is new. Is there a source for using the 4th/4th ruler for the relocation place? Because in stay/go charts, the 7th represents where you are thinking of going, and the 4th represents where you are. As in, the literal ground under your feet...so the position/disposition of the 4th ruler would be the considerations for staying.

iwatchthesunrise

An example would be if you and your guy want to move to arizona for the outdoors activities, you'd look for the 4th ruler in the 2nd 5th or 9th for pleasure, nature and recreation and 'new experiences' in nature.

If you want to start a family, buy a home, you'd look to ruler's 4th or 8th house for 'settling down' indications.

If the conservative social and political climate appeals to you - then you would look for the ruler to be in 10th or 11th or 7th house - indicating 'other people, groups or institutions' that share your views or practices.

If it's more of a wild "why not move to arizona!" thought - the ruler could be seen in 1st or 11th as well.

Maybe think for a bit on what it is about Arizona that appeals to you and your guy and then look at the houses of the relocation chart and see where the chart ruler falls.

Well, we've had Arizona in our thoughts for a while for different reasons.

His reasons:
  • His grandmother lives there and isn't getting any younger
  • His dad often travels there to visit her so he could visit us, too
  • He has good memories of Arizona
  • He wants to move out officially
  • He wants to have a place with me
  • He wants to find peace in himself
  • To be more mature and serious
  • To take our relationship to the next level
  • Ultimately he wants to marry and start a family with me (I'm still thinking on the family part... I don't know)
  • The rent in AZ is a fraction from the rent here!

My reasons:
  • To feel better about myself
  • To feel more independent and free
  • To be more adventurous and active and healthier
  • To study astrology, preferably at the AFA
  • To move out
  • To take our relationship to the next level and move in together
  • To make new friends
  • To have more fun in our relationship
  • To be less insecure by taking more control of my life
  • Having a job I enjoy and being able to keep it
  • AZ is affordable

It's a little bit of everything, honestly. Almost to start a new life.
Where would I be looking on our charts to figure it out for myself?

iwatchthesunrise

relocation questions are all 1/7
if 1/4 is stronger, you are not moving ...

How would I determine if 1/4 is stronger? Could you give me an example?

I see how 1/7 makes sense since I just discovered that I'm living along the planets that show in my 1/7 houses.

I'm not sure, though, how 1/4 comes into play

iwatchthesunrise

This is new. Is there a source for using the 4th/4th ruler for the relocation place? Because in stay/go charts, the 7th represents where you are thinking of going, and the 4th represents where you are. As in, the literal ground under your feet...so the position/disposition of the 4th ruler would be the considerations for staying.

Could you elaborate please? Or point me in the right direction? I'm novice at this and I'm sooooo fascinated in the whole idea of astrocartography!

katydid

In my opinion, you two are the perfect age to do impulsive ‘crazy’ things to shake up one’s lives. This is the time to do it and it is usually a good thing.

There is one thing that I have learned by experience with relocation chart situations in the past few decades. Back in the 80’s they were quite the rage. I helped a lot of clients find their best ‘astrocartography’ places. I saw many relocate. Some sent happy postcards. Many returned, relieved to be back home. The main thing that I learned was that people cannot rely upon their new ‘relocation charts’ to do most of the work. Just because someone moves Jupiter to their 10th or Venus to their 7th, it does not mean their career or love life will fall magically into place. Most people knew that and did the necessary work to help make the relocation successful. But some came back home disappointed and thinking ‘the chart didn’t work.’,

So I just wanted to make the point that even if this is the best place for relocation, you BOTH will have a lot of hard work to do . I am sure that you already know that and expect that, with your strongly squared Saturn.

I love the placement of the Jupiter on your relocated IC. That could make you feel quite comfortable in your new home. And by putting Aries on the MC, with the ruler in the 3rd, you will probably find a job quickly.

But I am a little concerned about you having the Uranus right on the 7th, opposing the Mercury.

If you can be very dedicated to making that Uranus signify a new way of relating to your partner, and a new way of communicating, then it should be OK. But often an exact conjuncttion of Uranus on the descendant signifies the urge to break free from a partnership. So I hope the relocation does not make you want to be single.

iwatchthesunrise

In my opinion, you two are the perfect age to do impulsive ‘crazy’ things to shake up one’s lives. This is the time to do it and it is usually a good thing.

There is one thing that I have learned by experience with relocation chart situations in the past few decades. Back in the 80’s they were quite the rage. I helped a lot of clients find their best ‘astrocartography’ places. I saw many relocate. Some sent happy postcards. Many returned, relieved to be back home. The main thing that I learned was that people cannot rely upon their new ‘relocation charts’ to do most of the work. Just because someone moves Jupiter to their 10th or Venus to their 7th, it does not mean their career or love life will fall magically into place. Most people knew that and did the necessary work to help make the relocation successful. But some came back home disappointed and thinking ‘the chart didn’t work.’,

So I just wanted to make the point that even if this is the best place for relocation, you BOTH will have a lot of hard work to do . I am sure that you already know that and expect that, with your strongly squared Saturn.

I love the placement of the Jupiter on your relocated IC. That could make you feel quite comfortable in your new home. And by putting Aries on the MC, with the ruler in the 3rd, you will probably find a job quickly.

But I am a little concerned about you having the Uranus right on the 7th, opposing the Mercury.

If you can be very dedicated to making that Uranus signify a new way of relating to your partner, and a new way of communicating, then it should be OK. But often an exact conjuncttion of Uranus on the descendant signifies the urge to break free from a partnership. So I hope the relocation does not make you want to be single.

Thank you! I love this response.

We did not move. It's been so hard to get out of NYC and be motivated to really push ourselves out of here. I am pushing to move this year though. I'd love to finally see other places. Now, I've had my sights on Texas.

My Saturn definitely humbles me about how much things take work.

Uranus on the descendant sounds like a cheater's aspect.