Are Virgo Risings unattractive?

GemwDepth

Account Closed
I think a general consensus is that she’s likely Aquarius rising.

Right on. That ASC guessing thread took me to examine a bunch of her photos - eyes, forehead, bone structure. And the theorized chart on astro.com. Behavior is just icing on the cake.

She's Aqua rising. Likely with Uranus in Leo oppose Ascendant, that would makes her chart ruler Saturn in the 10th.

Lin

In your second post on this thread you say you are 22. But your "profile" says you are 29. So....what is this about? Are you asking for another person?
LIN

Darkgirl

Banned
according to astrotheme, Alizee has Venus conjunct her AC..all the women I know with Venus conjunct AC are men-magnets.

Even the men with Venus-AC conjunctions are generally seen as attractive, although, in a man's case, it gives a touch of femininity to the physical features-think Jude Law, or Paul Newman.

Anyway, there should be a separate place in the zodiac for those with a Venus-AC conjunction, because they are unfairly gorgeous. I know two women who have this, and they're the types that men can fall for at first sight, because they're so gorgeous.
Just think Angelina Jolie, Cameron Diaz, or Lauren Bacall, who all have this aspect..Lauren Bacall is also a Virgo Rising, I think.

But it's funny to note that even among the Venus-AC types, Virgo Risings will come across as the fussiest..like Lauren Bacall, who had this aura of arrogance about her.
Angelina and Cameron are Cancer Risings.

is this also with a Venus trine AC (about 6 degrees)?

CapAquaPis

It all depends on not just rising alone: sun sign, moon sign and perhaps the ruler planet on the natal chart, to determine their beauty both outer and inner. Virgo rising with their Mercury in Pisces indicates a really nice, intelligent and compassionate person, same with Cancer rising and Moon in Aquarius (that's me). I also have a Mercury in Pisces with Sun in Aquarius, but a Virgo rising can be of any sun and moon sign, there's more to know in their natal charts.

chris10

It all depends on not just rising alone: sun sign, moon sign and perhaps the ruler planet on the natal chart, to determine their beauty both outer and inner. Virgo rising with their Mercury in Pisces indicates a really nice, intelligent and compassionate person, same with Cancer rising and Moon in Aquarius (that's me). I also have a Mercury in Pisces with Sun in Aquarius, but a Virgo rising can be of any sun and moon sign, there's more to know in their natal charts.

You are probably right :)

I take long breaks away from astrology so I def can't call myself an expert but the astrology I do know know is from personal experience.
Having said that,
one's appearance depends on genes firstly and if the stars do affect us those genes may be influenced by rising sign, the sign the ascendant ruler is in and moon sign (for women).
CapAquaPis you are a cancer rising with asc ruler = moon in aquarius. With your sun also in aqua I'm guessing you probably have Aquarian - cancerian traits.
I noticed that in your signature you have the symbol of the sun in aqua and also sun in capricorn. Is that a mistake or are you using both tropical and sidereal?

CapAquaPis

You are probably right :)

I take long breaks away from astrology so I def can't call myself an expert but the astrology I do know know is from personal experience.
Having said that,
one's appearance depends on genes firstly and if the stars do affect us those genes may be influenced by rising sign, the sign the ascendant ruler is in and moon sign (for women).
CapAquaPis you are a cancer rising with asc ruler = moon in aquarius. With your sun also in aqua I'm guessing you probably have Aquarian - cancerian traits.
I noticed that in your signature you have the symbol of the sun in aqua and also sun in capricorn. Is that a mistake or are you using both tropical and sidereal?

In sidereal, my Sun is in 1 degrees Aquarius, too close to Capricorn. And in tropical, the sun is 26 and a half degrees, getting relatively close to Pisces. There's a good deal of Capricornian and Piscean energies affecting my Aquarius sun and the conjunct moon in 20 degrees is ruled by my ascendant sign.

chris10

In sidereal, my Sun is in 1 degrees Aquarius, too close to Capricorn. And in tropical, the sun is 26 and a half degrees, getting relatively close to Pisces. There's a good deal of Capricornian and Piscean energies affecting my Aquarius sun and the conjunct moon in 20 degrees is ruled by my ascendant sign.
Aquarian energy is quite interesting. Makes people independent and not clingy.

Which house system have you found works better for you?

CapAquaPis

Aquarian energy is quite interesting. Makes people independent and not clingy.

Which house system have you found works better for you?

I take validity in tropical, but when astronomy is used, sidereal has more correct placements of planets in my natal chart. I've knew Virgo ascendants who don't fit the Virgo personality, they seem to come off a Leo. Or are they a cusp (29' Leo-1' Virgo), but they vary greatly based on their sun and moon signs.

Eanahsti

I only know two Virgo risings and both of them are very attractive. However, I do think 1st houses, Venusian placements, and ascendant aspects come into play.
The first person has Virgo ascendant, mercury in Virgo in the 1st, moon in Taurus, mercury (dominant planet) trine Venus, and Pluto square ascendant.
The second person has Virgo ascendant, Venus in 2nd house at 2 degrees (very close to 1st house), moon in Libra, mars in Libra, sun square ascendant, and Pluto square ascendant.

Ekonomist13

Obviously, your physical appearance can't be the deciding factor. People perceive attractiveness based on their own image of themselves; if a guy is overly confident, he'll fall in love and flirt with prettier and more popular girls. If opposite scenario occurs, that guy will seek for "damaged" girls, so he could handle his own insecurities.

I think in your situation (even though I'd like to know your Sun sign, your inner self), problem is you seem uninterested. You are insecure and afraid of rejections so you never make first moves and possibly create a false aura od defensive mechanisms around you which make men believe you're not interested or that you're hard to get.

Be there as it may, until you find a guy who knows you for some longer time (possibly a work colleague), you will have to flirt if you want to find anyone. Nobody is interested in chasing a cold turkey. Maybe some fire signs are but it's gonna end before it really starts.

Excuse my blatant generalizations, but I'm quite confident in my understanding of interpersonal dynamics and emotions. I've also dated a Virgo.

Last edited:
Love this topic because I have Venus (17 Leo) on my 17 Leo Ascendant. BUT . . . it squares Jupiter (18 Taurus) and Mars/Moon (12 and 14 Scorpio), so my intensity trumps pleasing looks, not that I have those ha ha ha. I am so opposite anything superficial. I do not do "superficial." Fun? What is that? I'm always boring to the core of things. I need to relax:)

MoonSun

If the ascendant or the ruler (it doesn't matter in which sign it is) has great aspects and is easy blending with each other, then you have no chance to be unattractive or to be ugly.

Every sign has a different character and general appearance (in virgo it makes everything kind of smaller for example). And everyone is attracted to a certain type. I'm a virgo ascendant and my sister is a leo ascendant, we both have it normal/quite well aspected and you can see that we're both average/well looking, but different in manners, character and style. The type I attract are different than the type she attracts.

I can say as a virgo for myself that if I want to, that I could get any attention from who I want (and who I like are kind of more saturn dominant or water dominant), just by walking by. For me it's like an on and off button. If I want it, I could get it easily. If I don't want it, all the negative aura will get all over the place and you could push a boat away with that energy. No one will come even near to you and will find it awkward to be in the same room as you. Quite intimidating actually. Energy is so important. I could also look like a librarian or just an serious, cold, ''intelligent looking'' person. You would think that nobody finds that attractive. Not true, you can make it attractive.

greybeard

Gosh...
Virgo the Seductress.

In a small back room at the County Library
O'er many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten lore....

LBJ had Sun in Virgo rising
And he neither small nor beautiful.

Mercury sole dispositor from Virgo stellium, First House and tightly conjunct Moon, affected by Mars combustion separative at 6-7°.

Uranus is highly focalized as a singleton and the opposition to Venus-Neptune. And Saturn in 8th, in fall, is singleton, quincunx the Virgo stellium [partile Mercury]. Saturn is lord of Uranus in worldly Capricorn.

Sun is emphasized because he holds the other 3 planets of the stellium in combustion. He consumes their powers.

Is "ego" notable in this chart? And "personal power"? What are the chart factors that portend this vast ego?

I have labelled both Saturn & Uranus as singletons. Although this is true in terms of the ecliptic, it is not so by chart hemisphere, which is the usual measure.

The chart (life) pattern is, to say the least, irregular or unconventional. It is out-of-the-ordinary.

I classify this pattern as "Splay". It contains 3 distinct groupings of planets: Saturn, Uranus, and all the rest.

But which of the two singletons, Saturn or Uranus, will carry the directive powers of "Reins" planet?

Saturn is at point focus in the Cardinal T-square. He stands above Uranus in the sky, and is lord of Uranus. He is in partile disjunction with final dispositor Mercury. I think it safe to say that Saturn assumes the mantle of Reins planet, and is the predominant power in this chart, influences all else very strongly. Saturn when in high focus, as when he is reins, brings shrewdness as a capital trait. And of course all of the other Saturnian traits hold prominence in the personality and life-course as well.

What of the "quality" of Saturn's influence. So far we have examined power, but what of quality? Not so good. He resides in a house of misfortune, the 8th. He is in the sign of his fall. He is partile quincunx the supreme ruler of the chart, and in consequence the stellium as a whole. And he is a diurnal planet in a nocturnal chart, in a diurnal sign. Sect deals primarily with the quality or character of planetary expression, and Saturn is out of sect. Both of his aspects are squares.

Last edited:

CapAquaPis

Virgo is Common Earth. When rising, ugly as a mud pie.

What if a planet is in the 12th house, just above the ASC node or rising sign? The 12th is a house of hospitals, prisons, secrets and deepest fears/problems. For anyone with a Virgo ASC node, there's something they are hiding or they will be trapped within a serious problem in life they couldn't escape from in their 12th...for a sign of beauty, they have shame or a sense of ugliness.

Edit: What if the Moon is in 12th house: *An individual with the Moon in the 12th house tends to be over-sensitive and often feels extraordinarily vulnerable. All of the emotional boundaries are extremely diffused, and the psychic and instinctive qualities are likely to be very powerful.*

And here's more about Virgo moons above the ASC: *An Earth Moon in the 12th stabilizes themselves from getting carried away, and even if they do, they still remain on top of their responsibilities*

Last edited: