Are Virgo Risings unattractive?

greybeard

The Ascendant is not a node. "Ascending node" refers to the north node in any planet's orbital plane, usually the lunar north node.

A node is the juncture, or point of intersection, of two orbital planes, one of which is the plane of Earth's orbit around Sun.

Earth's horizon, one of the two planes whose intersection identifies the Ascendant, is not an orbital plane. Thus, no node.

greybeard

Virgo used to be a virgin.
And now she frolics in back rooms
Soaking up forgotten lore from quaint and curious volumes.

Seems so out of type, don't you know. I've always pictured Virgo as the Cleaning Lady, not the Vamp who gets what she goes after.

But what ever happened to LBJ? A very fruitful astrological study, and study of the use of power by a master.

MoonSun

Don't agree with your opinion. Virgo comes from virgin, yes, has that innocent kind of beauty and innocence attracts too. Why you only talk about lbj? If I take a look on his appearance (don't know the political side and what kind of person he was, so I only judge right now on appearance), he looks like a man. Not ugly. You said that he doesn't look small nor beautiful, yea, that's exactly how man are supposed not to look like

MoonSun

Sophia Loren is a Virgo sun, venus and neptune/ Capricorn rising. She has many qualities and recognisable virgo appearance too in some kind of way. She still is beautiful and attractive

Last edited:

conspiracy theorist

Of interest to the thread is this writer's contention that a hybrid signature of Leo-Virgo may contribute to an air of mystique in the chart owner with a couple of examples with actual Virgo risings used. The "untouchable" air might be a part of the Virgo appeal.

https://www.astro.com/astrology/iam_article190910_e.htm

Lyndon B. Johnson's chart has this same signature, but using the same methodology that the writer used, we do not see "secretive", "inscrutable" or "sphinx-like" being used to describe his personality. The most common descriptors of his personality fall along the lines of aggression, high ambition, extroversion and psychology researches even claim that he has the highest markers for grandiose narcissism, which they also contend contributed to his great success as a presidential leader. His looks and personality seem more in-line with his Leo ascendant with Jupiter in partile conjunction, than the sign in which is 1st house stellium resides.

Last edited:

Ness22

Or maybe totally unsexy?

I am just asking this because I am a Virgo Rising and men are rarely attracted to me, even though I am not ugly. Well, I am a bit chubby, but so are lots of women, and I think most of them do get asked out.
Truth be told, I am not exactly flirtatious, nor am I particularly extroverted, but still, NEVER being approached by a guy must mean something, right?
The only few times a man was being remotely flirty with me was when I was the one to initiate a conversation...without intending to get flirty.

I have been told I look like an old maid before..or like a librarian/nerd. lol. I guess I am not particularly romantic or fun and flirty, but that's because I am not interested in such relationships.
I am quite emotional(3 planets in Pisces:Sun, Mercury, Venus), but not romantic in the candle-light dinner, cherry trees in blossom sort of way.

I also have Venus conjunct Sun, both opposite AC, and Saturn conjunct Neptune, making a 7 degree orb trine to my AC, and Pluto making a 4 d sextile to my AC.

I also know this other girl who is a Scorpio Sun, Leo Moon with Virgo AC who is 2 years older and has never had a bf, as well.
I also knew this guy in high school with Virgo Rising who didn't have a gf.

These were not ugly people, either.

I also think of Virgo Rising celebrities, like Keanu Reeves, Uma Thurman, Sharon Stone, Virginie Ledoyen, Kurt Cobain, Woody Allen..all of these people, EVEN Sharon "flash-crotch" Stone looks like a bit of a fussy bachelorette.

I read in this book by Liz Greene once that your AC shows the things you have to go through this time around, and she spoke of an Aquarius guy, with a Scorpio Rising, who kept attracting jealous possessive individuals, and "intense" people, generally, although he hated them, but his gf spoke of how he was repressing his jealous side so he kept attracting it from outside circumstances.
So, if I got this right, it would mean that Virgo ACs put off people and romance, in general, because they need to learn to be "pure" and chast:innocent:
To be perfectly honest, I would not like a hoard of admirers, because I would still have the same introverted, non-flirtatious personality, anyway, so it would be a waste...BUT I would like to have them just so that I can rub it in the faces of all those girls who constantly brag about how many admirerers they have.:tongue:

Hi,
I don't think Virgo Risings are bland or unattractive. I'm a Virgo rising myself and I think I'm fairly attractive as I get approached by people quite often and receive compliments. (but I don't really care about it, I don't think most virgo risings would as we are intelligent enough to know that looks aren't everything, but the rising does make us humble and self conscious and introverted as you mentioned) We also usually have OCD like tendencies and put a lot of effort into taking care of our appearance which should pay off.
I think what might be off putting is the uptightness which we project at first look, which could like turn people off as someone mentioned. Again it depends on your sun sign. I have my sun in pisces and my free spirited side is constantly at war with my virgo rising.

Anyway I can list some celebrities that I know to have a virgo rising, from what I read online, and you can determine if they are unattractive lol.
Personally I think a lot of them are beautiful in a classical sense and have an aura of intelligence about them. (saying this objectively, not just because it's my ascendant)
So....Brooke Shields, Charlize Theron, Marion Cotillard, Renée Zellweger, Julie Delpy, Keri Russell, Audrey Tautou, Sarah Paulson, Emma Watson, Rachel Bilson, Miranda Otto, Elizabeth Banks, Julie Gayet, Elizabeth Olsen, Adèle Exarchopoulos, Sara Sampaio, Michele Keegan, Jamie Chung, Ariel winter.....And Chris Pine, Ryan Reynolds, Adrien Brody, Kurt Cobain, even Justin Trudeau lol.

Last edited:
Or maybe totally unsexy?

I am just asking this because I am a Virgo Rising and men are rarely attracted to me, even though I am not ugly. Well, I am a bit chubby, but so are lots of women, and I think most of them do get asked out.
Truth be told, I am not exactly flirtatious, nor am I particularly extroverted, but still, NEVER being approached by a guy must mean something, right?
The only few times a man was being remotely flirty with me was when I was the one to initiate a conversation...without intending to get flirty.

I have been told I look like an old maid before..or like a librarian/nerd. lol. I guess I am not particularly romantic or fun and flirty, but that's because I am not interested in such relationships.
I am quite emotional(3 planets in Pisces:Sun, Mercury, Venus), but not romantic in the candle-light dinner, cherry trees in blossom sort of way.

I also have Venus conjunct Sun, both opposite AC, and Saturn conjunct Neptune, making a 7 degree orb trine to my AC, and Pluto making a 4 d sextile to my AC.

I also know this other girl who is a Scorpio Sun, Leo Moon with Virgo AC who is 2 years older and has never had a bf, as well.
I also knew this guy in high school with Virgo Rising who didn't have a gf.

These were not ugly people, either.

I also think of Virgo Rising celebrities, like Keanu Reeves, Uma Thurman, Sharon Stone, Virginie Ledoyen, Kurt Cobain, Woody Allen..all of these people, EVEN Sharon "flash-crotch" Stone looks like a bit of a fussy bachelorette.

I read in this book by Liz Greene once that your AC shows the things you have to go through this time around, and she spoke of an Aquarius guy, with a Scorpio Rising, who kept attracting jealous possessive individuals, and "intense" people, generally, although he hated them, but his gf spoke of how he was repressing his jealous side so he kept attracting it from outside circumstances.
So, if I got this right, it would mean that Virgo ACs put off people and romance, in general, because they need to learn to be "pure" and chast:innocent:
To be perfectly honest, I would not like a hoard of admirers, because I would still have the same introverted, non-flirtatious personality, anyway, so it would be a waste...BUT I would like to have them just so that I can rub it in the faces of all those girls who constantly brag about how many admirerers they have.:tongue:

So because men find you unattractive cos you’re overweight you now generalize that Virgo risings are unattractive? Well every female Virgo rising I’ve met is sexy as hell like their bodies are just very hawt and they always get male attention, Virgo risings are either average size or slim fit so, don’t blame it on beautiful virgos , that’s the sign of the pretty maiden , they’re maidens for a reason
[deleted attacking comments - Moderator]

Last edited by a moderator:
Virgo rising is about as ugly as it gets. Just look at Lyndon Johnson: big ol' nose, floppy ears just like his Basset Hound.

That has nothing to do with Virgo rising , maybe he’s an Aquarius, Taurus or Pisces....Virgo looks after their health & wellness and they’re always beautiful, the UGLIEST RISINGS ARE AQUARIUS, TAURUS ( COW BODIED)& PISCES
[deleted attacking comments - Moderator]

Last edited by a moderator:

wan

I don't think Virgo risings are ugly at all. My ex-manager is a Virgo rising, and to me he is honestly among the top 3 most attractive guys that I have ever met. That said, he has his Sun in Libra, a sign that is well-known for its good looks and charm. So that might be the reason too. It's kind of hard to say.

I think the reason virgo risings don't tend to attract a lot of admirers is not because their physical looks aren't hot enough. I think it has more to do with their personality. Like, my ex-manager is very, very hot indeed but he is too passive. Well, for a guy, anyway. And all he does is play games all day. He also eats a lot of cookies too. I tried to flirt with him but he just didn't respond. Oh well. Maybe I am too ugly. But anyway, I think it really goes beyond just your looks. Your demeanor, your personality, the way you talk to and interact with people, they all contribute.

wan

No. I am a virgo rising, and I've never (well....okay I DID go through an ugly duckling phase in my teens) wanted in the sex appeal department. I do think that a lot of virgo risings come across as self consious, so that's off-putting for many. It's not an innately sexy rising sign, but it IS innately charming, I would say. I would add that many virgo rising females have had to contend with many early blows to the self-esteem. We often undervalue ourselves, so even if we are sexy, we kind of destroy it in various ways (ill-fitting clothes, over-eating, chasing bad partners in a desperate sorta way). But, yeah, the charm is a sweet, somewhat innocent personality....most probably with a far more sexual nature than one would ever guess. And when we virgo risings choose to value ourselves and let our beauty shine, we really are bewitching :wink:
This a thousand times over.

I think that Virgo rising women, much like Virgo sun women, are some of the nicest, most charming people around. I like their understated charm, how they are not pretentious, overbearing or arrogant. They are always trying to do good and be good, plus their minds are sharp as tacks but they don't become conceited because of it. I love how self-effacing and unassuming they are. My bestie is a pisces sun and I am constantly wishing she were a virgo sun, lol. Need some of that virgo energy in my life, that's for sure.

Scorpio888

Virgo Risings tend to have a strong sex appeal -- whether they're physically attractive or not. And they tend to be sexually driven, to some degree.

Amongst actors, think Warren Beatty and Kevin Costner.

It's pretty much the same for ladies.

There is often a "dopey" quality to Virgo Risings which can benign (Keanu Reeves) or even looming and creepy with some of them (Donald Sutherland, Richard Nixon, Ed Sullivan -- remember him?, Annie Lenox).

IleneK

Premium Member
I would expect that these differences in VI rising are attributable to other parts of their chart? Like aspects to Asc, rising sign’s ruler, to name just a few.

bluerosepetals

First of all, the more you expose yourself - the more potential admirers you will have. Virgo rising individuals are often shy, understated, do not like to stand out. They often sport natural beauty which can be overshadowed if others enhance themselves more.
My mother is a Virgo Ascendant, and I always thought she was very beautiful (and kept her looks well into her middle age). She was admired by men, but wouldn't even notice it as a young girl - she said it herself. Only when a man was extremely direct with her would she realize it. You are too self-critical probably - as many Virgos are. This is keeping you behind.