Are Lunar Returns Even Important?

Zuri

I've been following my lunar returns for some months now, but I feel as though it's a waste of time. My last lunar return (which ended yesterday) was supposed to be this big deal, since my Lunar Return Ascendant was the same as my natal Ascendant. However, nothing out of the ordinary happened. In fact, in almost all of the months so far my lunar returns haven't gone as the reports have indicated.

JUPITERASC

I've been following my lunar returns for some months now, but I feel as though it's a waste of time. My last lunar return (which ended yesterday) was supposed to be this big deal, since my Lunar Return Ascendant was the same as my natal Ascendant. However, nothing out of the ordinary happened. In fact, in almost all of the months so far my lunar returns haven't gone as the reports have indicated.
Is your natal ascendant accurate?

As well as that apparently Sidereal lunar returns are the most accurate according to some schools of thought. Just my two cents worth :smile:

Culpeper

Premium Member
I once did a series of lunar return charts for my own and several other charts with accurate birth times. There was no correspondence with actual events at all. My conclusion is that they are of not useful and a waste of time.

IleneK

Premium Member

I believe they are important for what they are: the domain of the Moon. So they will not allude to earth-shaking matters, but rather a portrait of personal and ordinary day-to-day events.

Alice McDermott

I believe they are important for what they are: the domain of the Moon. So they will not allude to earth-shaking matters, but rather a portrait of personal and ordinary day-to-day events.

I agree with IleneK, these usually map ordinary events in life, though they can indicate matters like if a baby will be born that month and, if the angles trigger and outer planet transit, they can be quite good timers.

I really don't think most people get strong results from normal lunar returns, but parallax lunar returns are another matter - they can often clearly indicate the flow of events for the month. Parallax Lunar Returns are calculated from the visual position of the Moon at the place of birth, rather than the position of the Moon from the center of the Earth.

For example, attached is Obama's current parallax Lunar Return for Washington, DC. I have used Washington because I think that is where he will be for most of the month and, as he is the President, it is an important location.

Note the Vertex conjunct Saturn, the traditional ruler of the LR MC, and the Sun. This indicates a month of destiny and prominence. Mars on the Descendant indicates a very active month involving aggressive competition, Jupiter conjunct Ascendant and trine MC suggests good fortune in both the way he presents himself and in his career. Gemini rising gives a month of considerable communication.

Its interesting that the Vertex-Sun is trine his natal Sun/Moon and Asc/MC midpoints.

Also atttached is his lunar return for Chicago, where he waited for the results of the election. It is interesting that the Ascendant is conjunct his natal Part of Kings.

Alice

Attachments

• Obama LR washington.jpg
    Obama LR washington.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 16
  • Obama LR Chicago.jpg
    Obama LR Chicago.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 26

gen6k

well this month i had jupiter in 5th and my creativity did go up. now i have mars and pluto in the 5th.

im using natal lunar return.

SR, Solar Arc, Transits better for tracking events.

if your moon is erratic for example you may feel it in a different way.

plus the efficacy of it would be natal + lunar + SR or something of that sort where everything has to click.

im not sure it may just be bunk. maybe its one of those things where it shows bunk thoughts you know?

unique_astrology

A particular type of lunar return can be perhaps the greatest timing tool available to astrologers if done in a certain manner.

My observation comes from more than 40 years of working with them. The lunar return most effective in producing symbolism appropriate to an event for the time of the event by virtue of said symbolism being swept by the progressed angles (within 2° - a 4 hour window before or after the event as compared to transits which may be exact or within a 2° orb days before or after the event) is the progressed anlunar or demi-anlunar (lunar return from the nearest solar or demi-solar return preceding the event).

All returns need to be precession corrected.

The lunar return is progressed at the rate of movement of the Moon since the return's inception.

Almost always the returns should be done for the place of residence, not birth.

The work of learning techniques must be done. Pressing on a screen or clicking on an icon and expecting to be spoon fed an answer will not prove productive.

Examples may be viewed and downloaded from these links:

http://s46.photobucket.com/albums/f111/unique_astrology/

http://s46.photobucket.com/albums/f111/unique_astrology/1 Set up and Betancourt/

Bob

Last edited:

divisiontheory

I have been studying astrology for 35 years, and I'm here to tell you not only that lunar returns (LRs) do work, but that they are one of my key predictive tools. Pay close attention to aspects to the angles, and aspects between the lights, and compare the LRs to the current Solar Return (SR) , transits, and progressions. If you have a full moon in the current SR, any LR with a new or full moon will bring significant developments. But the best way to learn how LRs work is to watch them in action in your own chart and those of your loved ones, friends, and clients. Examine the last twenty years worth of LRs in your own life, and carefully examine the LRs in effect at key moments in your life, and soon you will see them talking to you in their own language.

If a set of LRs are consistently inaccurate, that is a huge red flag telling you to re-examine the accuracy of the birth time you are working with.

The first LRs of a person's life are hugely important. The first LR rules the person's life from age 27 - age 54. The second LR rules the person's life from age 54 - 82, and the third LR rules the life from age 82 - 110. If any of these LRs contain an afflicted full moon, quarter moon, or new moon, or if the chart contains multiple severe afflictions to the Sun, Moon, and/or Ascendant, the chart likely indicates mortality in that period.

LeoCassandra

I have been studying astrology for 35 years, and I'm here to tell you not only that lunar returns (LRs) do work, but that they are one of my key predictive tools. Pay close attention to aspects to the angles, and aspects between the lights, and compare the LRs to the current Solar Return (SR) , transits, and progressions. If you have a full moon in the current SR, any LR with a new or full moon will bring significant developments. But the best way to learn how LRs work is to watch them in action in your own chart and those of your loved ones, friends, and clients. Examine the last twenty years worth of LRs in your own life, and carefully examine the LRs in effect at key moments in your life, and soon you will see them talking to you in their own language.

If a set of LRs are consistently inaccurate, that is a huge red flag telling you to re-examine the accuracy of the birth time you are working with.

The first LRs of a person's life are hugely important. The first LR rules the person's life from age 27 - age 54. The second LR rules the person's life from age 54 - 82, and the third LR rules the life from age 82 - 110. If any of these LRs contain an afflicted full moon, quarter moon, or new moon, or if the chart contains multiple severe afflictions to the Sun, Moon, and/or Ascendant, the chart likely indicates mortality in that period.
Oo this is very intersting:kissing: Thanks for sharing

Zarathu

Account Closed
This is a perfect example of my viewpoint that you have to know before you start with any chart what is going to be high and low power and high and low friction, in the houses, the signs, and the aspects.

This is your first step in any chart.

The second step is to find the same for the natal chart or the 2ndary progressed chart if you are older than 20 years old.

And if there is no substantial aspect between the planets in the natal chart, then there there will be no actual event related to it. Maybe a lot of talk or emotional or mental thoughts, but no actual event in the real world.

People just jump right into these charts without doing the background preparation, and it no wonder that they find no events showing up.

And in regards to a lunar return, how many of us have earth shattering events every month? Its all relative.

IleneK

Premium Member

Thank you for sharing this information. I am interested to examine further for myself.

I see that the early life lunar returns rule periods of life that correspond to the secondary progressed lunar returns at around age 27, 54 and 82, and I was wondering if you might know anything about how these early LRs became connected with the progressed lunar return periods. Just curious....

Cheers,

astro11

Lunar returns when they are precessed do work, in my experience when transiting planets make important aspects to the inner planets in the lunar return, the events of that month occur, usually within a couple days or exact. Keep in mind that the theme must be running in other charts such as solar arc, solar return, progressions etc. I recently wrote a blog post about predictive charts in the Amanda Knox trial in Italy, the transiting planets to the lunar return chart inner planets were exact day timers:

http://www.astronumerologywisdom.com/blog.html