Anyone with a 12th House Mars?

Selene

Congrats AquaMoon on the acting!

I think my brother's assertiveness is hidden, exacly as you described it.

I do believe that even the most difficult and hidden aspects of oneself can be released... In your case, it seems tha acting may definitely be a creative outlet.

R4VEN

I have only just found this thread, and I have enjoyed reading it. Both my adult sons have 12th house Mars placements - one has Libra Mars, which is also the apex of a Yod, while the other's Mars is Rx in Leo. Both have struggled with the following:

• feeling alienated from the mainstream of society
  • being bullied by other males, most frequently males in authority, such as teachers, as well as their own father, who has frequently shamed and judged them
  • drug and alcohol abuse, as well as various other kinds of self-harm; both have been suicidal at various times in their lives. They both tend to turn their anger inwards.
  • experiencing the `locked in a box' syndrome, where no matter what they do, they cannot make the connections they wish to
  • high levels of sensitivity - to foods, and one of them has extreme sensitivity to light, and has to wear shades when outside, even in winter
Since tr Mars spent so long in Leo from Oct 2009, the one with Mars in Leo has seemed to be able to put a few things together in his life, but the other one still struggles.

Caro

R4ven

I did go to a lecture some while back, an astrologer Ana Isobel who has done a lot of research on 4th house and 12th house. As I have both these placings it struck a cord, I couldnt attend them all but did get to 12th house one. Her theory is that those of us with 12th house placings inherit the subconscious thoughts of our parents. (she quoted someone who had a 'miracle baby via IVF after years of trying. The baby was born with pluto in 12th house.

My mother was very angry at the time of my birth(a sun sign libra) but this is was surpressed. My father was physically abusive to her. She had previously lost two pregnancies. She was also unfilled in her working life ie she wanted to be a nurse but was not allowed by her parents.

the astrologers desciption and research really made sense to me.

I dont know how this sits with you? ie how you were feeling at the time of the birth of your sons?

or indeed how that makes sense to others with this placing.

finally this astrologer also uses drama(interestingly) to help people release repressed feelings. She does a load of research in these houses.

I myself have been thinking of how I can actually pain my chart although for me its is less about the 12th house and more about all the water I have in it. (and the burden of that)

R4VEN

Her theory is that those of us with 12th house placings inherit the subconscious thoughts of our parents.

I dont know how this sits with you? ie how you were feeling at the time of the birth of your sons?
Caro, thanks for that. I had read that somewhere, but had promptly forgotten about it.

My youngest son has several planets in the 12th house, and is currently really struggling. I can see that his own struggles are pretty much parallel to my own, and they are issues which I have buried since my own birth. It's just that I am more accomplished at living my life despite how I feel. I would say that both of them have acted out features of both my own unconscious processes and blocks, as well as those of their father.

robots

I have Mars in Cancer in the 12th house retrograde, at the apex of a yod.

It's a pretty terrible placement, not gonna lie. I can't express my anger to anyone other than the people that are closest to me. I also used to have crazy self-esteem problems and would spend hours looking at my imperfections in the mirror. Luckily my Leo ASC and Sun squaring Jupiter balanced all that out and I now almost have too big of an ego.

Strangely, I can't relate to a lot of the things everyone's saying about a 12th house Mars. I don't have low energy or issues where I repress anything. Although I guess I do repress most negative emotions, but I've generally thought of that as being caused by my 8th house Aquarius moon. I also can't say that I have a very addictive personality and I don't consider myself to be shy around most people.
Maybe it's because Mars conjuncts my ASC so all that 12th house stuff ends up being brought out into the open?

Saturnian

I don't know how I am supposed to read mine...
It's placed in the 12th house near the Asc and it's conjunct the Asc.

So do I read mars in the 1st or in the 12th?Help will be appreciated.

wilsontc

Staff member
Ascendant, to Saturnian

Saturnian,

You asked:
It's placed in the 12th house near the Asc and it's conjunct the Asc. So do I read mars in the 1st or in the 12th?Help will be appreciated.

The Ascendant is one of the special "points" in astrology (the others are the Descendant, IC, Midheaven, North node, and South node). Since the planet is conjunct the Ascendant point, I read it as planet conjunct Ascendant and do not even consider the 1rst house or 12th house.

Ascending,

Tim

Momma's Kumquat

I've read that it has to be within 5 degrees of the ascendant to be considered in the first, so you can still have a conjunction with the ac and have it be in the 12th.. like me! :D misses it by 0.3 of a degree.

actually, I don't know what I'm smiling about. I don't think it's very nice.
and to top it off... it's in pisces. It squares my sun and opposes my moon, add to that the moon squaring my sun, you're looking at some kind of horrible triangle.

I also have no fire except for mc and 9th house in saggittarius.

all life I've felt trapped and deeply frustrated at my own inabillity to do anything, alot of self undoing aswell.

When I was younger, I would have terrible arguments with my parents (always about school) and I've punched through my bedroom door at least twice. My frustrations are always turned inward and I always look for answers inside.

But what it has given me is an over whelming desire to help people through the music I make.

Saturnian

I've read that it has to be within 5 degrees of the ascendant to be considered in the first, so you can still have a conjunction with the ac and have it be in the 12th.. like me! :D misses it by 0.3 of a degree.

actually, I don't know what I'm smiling about. I don't think it's very nice.
and to top it off... it's in pisces. It squares my sun and opposes my moon, add to that the moon squaring my sun, you're looking at some kind of horrible triangle.

I also have no fire except for mc and 9th house in saggittarius.

all life I've felt trapped and deeply frustrated at my own inabillity to do anything, alot of self undoing aswell.

When I was younger, I would have terrible arguments with my parents (always about school) and I've punched through my bedroom door at least twice. My frustrations are always turned inward and I always look for answers inside.

But what it has given me is an over whelming desire to help people through the music I make.
I am glad about my 1st house stellium.Makes me want to express myself outwardly.I cannot keep things hidden.I need freedom of expression,when I have that i am happy and healthy.

It's placed in the 12th house near the Asc and it's conjunct the Asc.

So do I read mars in the 1st or in the 12th?Help will be appreciated.

Planets conjunct a house cusp
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showpost.php?p=202304&postcount=7
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?p=205033#post205033
Planets conj House cusp
“Ascendant at 15’ Libra and Jupiter 13’ Libra. That would place Jupiter in the 12th house, right? But many thoughtful astrologers would read this as Jupiter being conjunction with Ascendant, and end up reading it as bringing its action to bear in the first house, rather than in the 12th.
This same idea would apply for each and every house cusp. If the planet is IN THE SAME SIGN as the sign on the next house cusp, and close enough to be CONJUNCT WITH that next house cusp, the action of the planet will be directed into oncoming house”
http://www.astrology-numerology.com/inhouses.html

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14887

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showpost.php?p=125412&postcount=4

Ptolemy says the influence of the house begins to be felt 5° before the actual cusp.
http://www.astrologycom.com/houses.html

“Astrologers have seen a body influencing the house it is about to enter, time and time again. All theorizing aside, the planet casting its shadow ahead works. I can speak from personal experience, as well as reading ancient texts. If you discover this as true, then the next question may be, "Just how close must a body be to a cusp before it begins to be felt in the neighboring house?"
I've seen some authors say 3 degrees. I've seen some that give 5 degrees. I have seen some that even give 8 degrees. And there may be other variations.”
http://astronuts.tribe.net/thread/90c9f417-5086-4ff0-b31f-c904fe99baca

m0ney*p0wer*re$pect

Also, 12th house is a mutabale house, it serves as a background for new beginnings, like the 1st house. Its the kaboose, the truth. Its about what you locked away until you were ready to confront it or died. More likely than not, those insecure about mars energy were rejected somewhere when we tried to use it. Maybe something went on outside while we were in the womb, out of our control. I read somewhere that the 12th house is what helped you succeed or fail the whole time. Thats why athletes nad surgeons etc. have this placement, they used it to its full potential. If not aware of our anger, drives and motivation then we suffer from the dark part of the house. Subconcsiously we want to be openly assertive, the first house is what we do and know we are doing it, 12th house is what we are doing and dont know we are. Yet, the 12th house is about karma, let mars serve you or suffer from it.

Its odd cuz the 12th house can decifer why you do things concsiouly in the first house, why you present yourself in such a manner. Like i have pluto in the first house, its intense and i presnet myself this way so others wont challenge me, im private cuz i hate my actions being critiqued. Yet on the flip side, when i know im angry, or when im energetic, and aware of it then that intensity is b/c im going all out and i present myself in that manner. I think if the 12th house is not recognised then the whole chart can fail. But once it is, this is your main strength, its what ppl saw and might have feared or been jealous of, your self expression. But when we relaize that we can do as we please then we turn the chart into something great. !2th house mars will never go away, the universe brings us into martian situations early so we can learn our lesson with it. Like the bullying thing, being challenged, the universe brought this into light so we can deal with it properly. Eventually we will become aware of it.

one thing i noticed i do is when i get angry i say that someone else is angry after an arguement, and that its not me. Yet i cant go around the person until i settle down b/c i think that that they are still mad. Yet when i look inside, im mad, disgusted, and on the verge of getting physical, its not them thats mad still, its me, and when i go around them i get tense until another argument ensues or the relationship destroys. I will argue about the past, not for relevancy, but for winning. Its complex, 12th house is more complex than any other house. We may get out someone's way, but in our head we our thinking, if they touch me and be rude i will be pissed, we deny all of our anger b/c of some past guilt, resentment or situation. I lost a fight and the whole school changed their view on me, so i thought ppl were against me, i was ashamed of taking riddling so i became paranoid and private.

Now, at 22, tho riddlin has stopped since i was 13, i think im coming back into myself and i know that i must stay ahead to get what i want, im aware of me. Ppl cant discourage or critize ppl with 12th house mars early on b/c we are tryna find ourself, but we use mars daily and dont know it, thats the ironic part

The reason i know we all use it, b/c mars is about self right? Its funny cuz all of us who have 12th house mars who have commented on here all used OUR own experience and say what we hate about it to describe it, like a sublime way of saying its this way cuz we experienced it this way.

Its just getting past the pity and guilt and anger from what astrology says about us, stay martian

m0ney*p0wer*re$pect

Just look inside, and when you fell sensitive, look at whats going on, and then see what you hate and it could be mars telling you you are angry and hate whats going on. I think subconsciously we want to figure it out so we keep putting ourself in that situation. its complex and im outta time

kennedyrosewhith

I have Mars in the 12th in Taurus. It's in a grand cross, square Saturn in Aquarius and Mercury in Leo, and opposite Pluto in Scorpio. It's also trine Uranus & Neptune in Capricorn and sextile Sun in Cancer. I used to really struggle with my anger, and sometimes i still do. It gets suppressed a lot, although lately it's been more that i have it under control. When i finally snap, though, i think i scare everyone around me half to death because it comes out of literally nowhere, which probably isn't helped by my calm, easygoing Taurus Ascending and Moon in Capricorn in the 8th.

I like hanging around in the background a lot, if it's possible for me to move around undetected i do. Not because i'm hiding anything, that's just where i prefer to be. I have abused substances in the past, and i currently use, but i'm very very careful to keep it under control and i guess the grand cross gives me a lot of willpower and determination to help me out with that.

I have seasonal depression which is definitely stress related, and some of the stress i think comes from not expressing things. I have the potential to be depressed year round, but during the lighter months it rarely lasts more than a couple of hours. During the darker months it just drags me down and i can't snap out of it. Or even when there's an extended period of cloudy days, that happened a year or two ago in the middle of the summer and i definitely felt a little down and i couldn't really shake out of it. But there are a few indicators towards depression in my chart (Mars in the 12th, Mars square Saturn, Mercury opposite Saturn, Moon in Capricorn, and maybe Moon in the 8th) so i don't think the issue can be associated with just my Mars in the 12th.

I've gotten better at handling it, though. Just becoming more aware of my chart and learning exactly what energy i have to work with and how has really helped me balance things out and turn everything for the better.

byjove

Account Closed
OK I'm taking another look at this. I'm dabbling with different house systems hoping to decide which one works. The most 'reasonable' system to me, seems to place Mars in the 12th house. So I'll consider it again now.

- I cannot relate in any way to past lives with placement, so I avoid that entirely. How we are supposed to connect with that personally, is beyond me. I don't mind the theory but it doesn't relate to personal character as I understand it.

- I don't think I repress anger. Actually, I think it comes out plenty.

- I don't think I suffer from low energy. My energy is far more mental (Gemini) than physical anyway.

Most modern interpretations of Mars in the twelfth seems to present the above features. I need to dig deeper in order to properly consider this placement. Some older interpretations suggest good ability to overcome enemies and that Mars' more aggressive or dangerous possibilities are contained well in that house. But again, that's theoretical and abstract. As long as a personal interpretation is missing, I can't really consider it.

Last edited: