Anyone else hate these?

espi3479

If u have a social media site u might have seen these pictures. I happen to find them inaccurate and misleading. Any thoughts ?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 46

conspiracy theorist

Emotionally, I'd want to kick the creator of that in the guts.
Rationally, I'm aware they're having "harmless" fun so I just disregard.

Into the trash.

Bunraku

Yeah there's also those "signs who do ____" and then make a list. The blank usually describes some garbage like fight, yell, being "fake" or stealing or doing drugs, etc. It's very annoying.

espi3479

I know right! I feel like it makes a person (ignorant person) judge u by ur sun sign according to what was said, which isnt fair !

Last edited:

StarryEyedDismay

I get them all the time on my feed. Also, Buzzfeed is pretty big on pop astrology right now. "Which magical creature from Harry Potter are you based on your Zodiac sign?" I have to restrain myself from addressing every silly misconception I see. :)

MaybeNow

I just saw one about how to wear makeup based on your sign. :andy:

There is exercise according to your sign.

What to wear based on your sign.

A marketing gimmick.

craft94

If u have a social media site u might have seen these pictures. I happen to find them inaccurate and misleading. Any thoughts ?

OH MY GOD! YES! That's why I got an account on this website. The people actually know what the're talking about! Tumblr (which I haven't had for a year) and Facebook are filled with wannabe "astrologers" who hardly know anything beyond sun signs or at least the very basics and often what they say about sun signs are based solely on subjective experience and aren't even accurate. "Oh I know someone who is a Virgo and they're very funny! that must mean Virgos are the funniest sign of the zodiac!" or "Most loyal: Gemini" Usually what I hear is more negative than that, unfortunately...at least these are positive! But they are the first real life examples that came to mind and it can go either way.

Astrology seems very trendy now and I hate to be an elitist but HONESTLY, popular astrology tends to be synonymous with dumb-ed down astrology and I've also noticed that people who are only half-heartedly into it tend to use it for more negative purposes. Like they're more likely to judge other people on sun signs and they're more likely to use it to justify shitty behavior. It's sort of ironic because you'd think someone whose seriously into astrology would "take it more seriously" but nope - I know a Leo who was attracted to a Cancer but wouldn't date them because they were a Cancer...IF YOURE ATTRACTED TO THEM WHY DOES IT MATTER?!?! I think it's because people who are really into astrology actually understand it and they know it doesn't work like that.

I can't ******* stand those "the signs as" post. I can never relate to my sun sign. Ugh! I also hate how people seem to equate astrology with things like crystal healing and new age-ism. No offense, I don't necessarily have anything against these things, but they're really not the same thing...

Last edited: