Another weird dream... help?

suimui10

In my dream, someone was bringing me an animal/pet of sorts saying that it was a dog because I love dogs but when they approached with the animal, and the animal was close enough to lick my hand, I discover in horror that it is a rat! EWwwwwwwwww! I didn't wake up in horror but I did jerk my hand away with disgust. Anyone wanna guess an interpretation of this?

thanks,
Sui :)

Kuntuzangmo

Hi Sui,
I wonder, are you having some experience in your life with someone or something that you love and trust, who upon closer examination displays a facet that disgusts you? Or anything you've experienced recently with this sort of dynamic?
Things are often not as they seem sort of theme....
Cheers,
kz

suimui10

Hi KZ,

Interesting! Yes, I do know someone who fits the bill. LOL
Not exactly disgusting, but definitely not as attractive as I thought I find him due to a particular character trait I recently discovered.
Oh well. I think I need to heed the message of my subconscious and just forget about it.
Thanks a lot, KZ! :)

Sui

Hi Sui,
I wonder, are you having some experience in your life with someone or something that you love and trust, who upon closer examination displays a facet that disgusts you? Or anything you've experienced recently with this sort of dynamic?
Things are often not as they seem sort of theme....
Cheers,
kz

suimui10

Carrots be full of vitamine A or C. Eat lot of carrot yami yami hmm so good the carrot, and improve your health.

LOL, what has this to do with my dream?
I hope this was meant for another thread.
In any case, enjoy your carrots!!

suimui10

Check out the transits of Moon (dogs) and Venus (mice, rats) to your natal chart.

Interesting. I had no idea that dogs are ruled by the Moon and rats by Venus.
Well, T Moon is in my 7th and T Venus in my 9th. T Moon is opposite my Asc then and all about the other person. T Venus in my 9th actually conjuncts N Venus (my Venus return) and squares my Mars and Asc. So there's definitely a fight here between dogs and rats, lol, or my emotional needs vs what I need as a woman (natally, my Venus opposes my N Moon and they both square my Mars which site on my ASC). Hmm, great observation. I don't have much time or I would be looking at precise degrees of positions etc. but I think even in the highly imprecise account above, there is some relevance to my dream (as I'm sure it was about that guy I'm interested in). Thanks!

dr. farr

Symbolic associations with planets (and to a certain extent with signs) can be a useful source of "hints" about what to specially look at; not only in the images offrom our dreams, but also things around us which suddenly "strike" us as particularly meaninful(kind of like the omens of olden times) thee too can be regarded as symbols with possible astrological "connections".
There are several sources associating all kinds of things with planets and/or signs; my connection of dogs with the Moon comes from the Greeks, where dogs were associated with the goddess Dianna (goddess of the new Moon); rats/mice were often connected with Aphrodite (hence Venus)...For these purposes I prefer the older associations/allocations-especially in mythology (all characters in mythology denote planets, signs, or other astrological influences) to the more recent (last 100 years or so ) "rulerships", although I have gotten some good leads from the Rex Bills book on this subject ("The Rulership Book")

Last edited:

dr. farr

I've found books on Greek and Roman gods and goddesses, and books on correspondences in the Western magical tradition, to be superior sources for planetary and zodiacal affinities of animals and plants (trees, flowers, etc)
The "gods and goddesses" represented the planets, as well as being associated with the zodiacal signs.

Although these are well known, the god/goddess affinities with planets are:

Sun = Apollo
Mercury = Hermes
Venus = Aphrodite
Moon = Diana (New Moon) Artemis (Full Moon)
Mars = Ares
Jupiter = Zeus
Saturn = Kronos

E

eternalautumn

http://www.theoi.com/ - Greek mythology.

and the animal was close enough to lick my hand, I discover in horror that it is a rat!

That reminds me of the urban legend about the woman who lays her arm over her bed to let the dog lick her hand, when she notices the dog dead/asleep in the bathroom, and doesn't know what's licking her... I've heard it be a rat, but it's usually a crazy murderer...

dr. farr

Thanks for the mythology reference link.
Other than the mythological/magical correspondences (which I prefer) other planetary and zodiacal affinities (from the olden times) -and taken from more purely astrological sources-can be found in the 2nd century "Kyranides" (available through Renaissance astrology.com), in the 11th century "Elements of Astrology" by Al-Biruni, and in Ibn Ezra's 12th century work "Beginning of Wisdom" (however, many of these allocations vary according to the reference source, which is another reason why I prefer the more consistent mythological and magical-correspondence affinity-allocations) A very extensive listing of such correspondences can be found in Skinner's "Complete Magician's Tables".

Relative to zodiacal affinities, Manilius (14 AD) provides us with the association of the Roman Pantheon (12 gods and goddesses derived from the Greek Olympian Pantheon) as patrons of the 12 signs:

Sign/Divinity Pairs:

Aries: Minerva......Libra: Vulcan

Taurus: Venus (grk Aphrodite)......Scorpio: Mars (grk Ares)

Gemini: Apollo......Sagittarius: Diana

Cancer: Mercury (grk Hermes)......Capricorn: Vesta

Leo: Jove (grk Zeus)......Aquarius: Juno (grk Hera)

Virgo: Ceres......Pisces: Neptune (grk Poseidon)

Last edited:

aKuna

I view this as a lesson on the path of learning to be Accepting and Non Judgmental.
A dog a rat a cow a snake are all essence consciousness in energy ... all part of the oneness of the infinite Unified Field of ALL THINGS
Your subconscious is telling you it's time to be seriously removing judgment from your thought patterns because all is the same it simply manifests in different forms according to choice.