Am I pregnant?

andrea2709

Its to early to take home pregnancy test so I asked this question.

Ascendant is cancer, fertile sign
5th house is also fertile sign
L1 is Moon
L5 is Mars

According to John Frawley, in such questions we dont need applying aspect between significators, but what spiked my interest is the separating aspect between L1 and L5 (conjunction). Conjunctions simbolicaly represent coming together, and two bodies becoming one. So this would mean that me and my baby are like one? I dont know if this is a positive testimony, it wasnt mentioned in John Frawley's book, but I have seen in such charts on this forum, which later showed pregnancy being present.

Jupiter which is, according to 5 degree rule, in 10 house (angular) aspects Mars and receives it by rulership. I think that is also a positive testimony. Moon and Mars are also trine to the Sun which is in angular house too.

I would appreciate your help on this. Thank you in advance! 😄
Screenshot_2023-01-31-16-22-36-504.jpg

IleneK

Premium Member
I'm not too experienced in this kind of horary and I don't follow Frawley, so I interpret reception in an opposite fashion to him.
What appears favorable are fertile signs on L1 an L5 cusps. L1 separating from L5 suggests to me that yes you did conceive around five degrees/units of time ago.

I am not sure about the rest you wrote and will be interested in other's comment about what I say here. The way I practice reception, Mars received Jupiter by dignity, which is nice. At the same time, Jupiter received Mars poorly by detriment. But to me, Jupiter is not a relevant actor in this story, so its dignity is kind of moot.
I am also not sure how a weak Sun in Aq separating from Mars, and Moon separating from Sun is necessarily favorable? But others may shed more light on that?
But in all of this, I do think this chart suggests very strongly that you are pregnant.

andrea2709

I'm not too experienced in this kind of horary and I don't follow Frawley, so I interpret reception in an opposite fashion to him.
What appears favorable are fertile signs on L1 an L5 cusps. L1 separating from L5 suggests to me that yes you did conceive around five degrees/units of time ago.

I am not sure about the rest you wrote and will be interested in other's comment about what I say here. The way I practice reception, Mars received Jupiter by dignity, which is nice. At the same time, Jupiter received Mars poorly by detriment. But to me, Jupiter is not a relevant actor in this story, so its dignity is kind of moot.
I am also not sure how a weak Sun in Aq separating from Mars, and Moon separating from Sun is necessarily favorable? But others may shed more light on that?
But in all of this, I do think this chart suggests very strongly that you are pregnant.
Thank you so much IleneK for taking time to look at the chart. I strongly hope your answer is right!😄

HailxxNight

No applying aspect between you and the fifth house is always the first thing I look for which I already was thinking no before looking at any of the other responses

IleneK

Premium Member
No applying aspect between you and the fifth house is always the first thing I look for which I already was thinking no before looking at any of the other responses
Really just curious, since I don't do pregnancy horaries often.
But if the question is "Am I already pregnant?" wouldn't we be looking for a separating aspect between LI and L5 since the conception has already happened?
Any thoughts on this?
With gratitude,

MarinaFFF

Really just curious, since I don't do pregnancy horaries often.
But if the question is "Am I already pregnant?" wouldn't we be looking for a separating aspect between LI and L5 since the conception has already happened?
Any thoughts on this?
With gratitude,
That’s an interesting question Ilene and apparently nobody knows exactly the answer. In past questions we are interested in separating aspects, aspects that have happened. But with “Am I pregnant“ questions we are looking at fertility and contact between mother L1 and pregnancy L5. As a querent, you are concerned with the here and now and not what has happened.
And maybe you are right. Maybe there was a “successful“ conception but it didn’t survive (separated aspect).

IleneK

Premium Member
That’s an interesting question Ilene and apparently nobody knows exactly the answer. In past questions we are interested in separating aspects, aspects that have happened. But with “Am I pregnant“ questions we are looking at fertility and contact between mother L1 and pregnancy L5. As a querent, you are concerned with the here and now and not what has happened.
And maybe you are right. Maybe there was a “successful“ conception but it didn’t survive (separated aspect).
Thank you for this thoughtful reply. If you don't mind my asking and if you do this kind of horary, which aspect, applying or separating, would you look for?
Or would it depend upon the overall context of the question for you?

MarinaFFF

I’m sorry I’am just learning about fertility and pregnancy and you’re absolutely right. We are looking for a separating aspect between L1 or Moon and Lord 5. The mother has come in contact with the baby. That’s a strong positive testimony for pregnancy. As you saw well in this chart. But keep prohibition in mind, if one of those planets made another aspect, since the aspect that showed conception than it’s prohibited, it didn’t happen. This chart show this prohibition, the Sun.

An applying aspect between mom and baby: she’s not pregnant now, but will be soon.
The strongest and clearest testimony is L5 in the first house, close to the ascendant (baby inside mom). For that we don’t need a linking aspect of mother and baby. But it can be overruled by an applying aspect between mother and baby.
L1 or the Moon in the 5th house: the querent is thinking about a pregnancy.

If there is an separating aspect without past prohibition between mom and baby it‘s a YES. No matter if the sign is barren or fertile.
Barren and fertile is important with questions as “we are trying for a while. Will we ever…” With those questions you look if L1 or Moon, L7, L5 and L11 (house of hope and wishes) are in barren or fertile (water) signs. If most of them are in fertile signs than they are able to get pregnant.

Don’t beat yourself up when you get it wrong. We try our best to answer questions, we don’t give and can’t give guarantees.

Arena

First sign is Snode in the 5th whole sign = no.
The Moon is in the 12th sign, barren = no.

There was a sense of "loss" to this question with those indictors as well as Pluto on DSC - and yet some hope/optimism with Jup on MC.