Am I in the wrong career??

CarrieLee

Hi All...

I am posting this here as I am still technically a newbie...

I have a question I read in today someones interpretation of a famous person's chart and they mention that since said person had Water in their career houses 2,6, 10 that there delving deep into the emotional world suits them.

So it has me wondering about my own chart and my vocation.
I started out as a Medic in the Air Force at 19, had a health crisis in my 20's (immune disorder pretty severe) that I healed myself holistically became a massage therapist worked in a Mental Health Hospital Detox ward (Loved That!!) and Even though I have been told I have great hands I don't have the confidence to go it on my own and in FL we really have SO many Massage Therapists.
I am currently a Stay at home mom since having my daughter in as I am extremely old fashioned and believe at least one parent needs to be with the child to properly raise them. If you look at my chart you will see the opposition I have between Moon and Midheaven and I am always torn..I am not suited for this at home Mom thing all the time and thrive with a job..She is three and I am ready to start looking..

Question is am I supposed to be doing something Fire related?? Or am I reading it wrong and is Earth on the cusps of the House? I do know I am supposed to by North Node placement supposed to be more Arian and a go getter and while I admire that quality I don't find it in myself.Unless really pushed.

What I would really like to do is finally lose the pounds Jupiter hangs on my belly, get my QiGong certification and other alternative training.Along with astrology..And actually use my Massage License I have had for nine years.

When I was a kid (4years old) I wanted to be a nurse and before the immune disaster of my 20's I was REALLY close to it..And the easy thing would be to go back to nursing school (because of the economy,Wise)

I must mention that some people are upset by my Sun/Pluto intensity and feel it and are bothered that I can see through them...And Because of my past life diplomacy I don't always tell the truth of what I see..I sugar coat like a pro..I can be so sweet I sicken myself..LOL

Thanks so much to any kind soul who drops by and gives a looksy and a comment..I appreciate it..

~Carrie

[Moderator edit - thread moved here from G-Lounge, as the poster has attempted reading the chart.]

Attachments

• Chart2.gif
    Chart2.gif
    31.8 KB · Views: 53
Last edited by a moderator:

Claire19

With the sun conjunct Pluto in the house of counselling, one to one with others etc I can see that you may be attracted to healing others. However strongly indicated is law work, perhaps immigration, corporate criminal work, confidential and secret work. In Virgo it is the placement more of the worker rather than the boss. Alternative remedies such as herbalism, can be combined with psychology. Getting to the bottom of things and transformation.:)

CarrieLee

Thanks so much for that input Claire 19. I would love to know why you would suggest corporate criminal work or immigration as I found that suggestion fascinating...

My Mars in Leo was quite the little Dictator though when I was in the Military..I was singled out by my Officer in Charge to be her right hand when I was only an Airman and that put me in charge of people who had higher rank but did not do their job..LOL I was like a little Napoleon on a Medical ward (Must laugh at younger self) So I do have leadership skills when pushed and My Mars loves to be stroked so I do a really good job just so I get the ego strokes(Laughing at self again)..
I have always wanted to go into Psychology I love it and If I were to go back to Nursing school I would work in Psych Nursing (even though I am not a fan of drugs)

Also I had read that with Jupiter in Virgo the Native can sometimes turn a hobby into a profession..I have won awards for my photography (old school) and would love to become an astrologer (yet I live in bible belt and I am over concerned with others opinions)

I do wonder if it is Earth on the cusps of my houses 2,6,10 or am I right with reading Fire?
Anyway Thanks
Carrie

Last edited:

R4VEN

CarrieLee said:
What I would really like to do is finally lose the pounds Jupiter hangs on my belly, get my QiGong certification and other alternative training.Along with astrology..And actually use my Massage License I have had for nine years.

When I was a kid (4years old) I wanted to be a nurse and before the immune disaster of my 20's I was REALLY close to it..And the easy thing would be to go back to nursing school (because of the economy,Wise)

~Carrie
Carrie, I've looked at your chart, and the resemblance to my niece's chart is incredible - she was born just under 3 weeks prior to you, born an hour earlier in the day, in another country, and with Aqu ascendant, but apart from that, very close. She began her working life as a lawyer, but became jaded by the lies, deception, and general corruption, and has since pursued many types of healing. She is currently building her own healing business based on her own mix of interests. This has taken her a decade to build up.

Your chart screams nurturer to me. All that Virgo is also an indication of a natural healer. You also have a yod formed between that sextile between Sun/Pluto and Neptune, with Saturn at the apex, so you will not be able to sustain for along any kind of `normal' work in a conventional workplace. It would drive you to insanity, believe me!
That intense Sun-Pluto conjunction gives you the ability to be able to know intuitively what is really going on with others, so I feel that some kind of counseling quaalification would benefit you. (I have sun-Pluto conjunct also, and counseling comes naturally to me. People tell me things, and I don't even have to ask!!! Spooky!)

And just another thing..............
That opposition between Chiron and the sun is an indication that finding your niche - your best form of expression in your life - may take a bit of trial and error. But you can do it. You just need a beginning point.

CarrieLee

R4VEN,

Thanks for your beautiful reply.It is nice and comforting to know that somewhere out there someone has a similar chart, I am glad its your niece:)
I thought law would be a really noble thing, but perhaps thats my Rose colored Pisces rising glasses...I have seen the ugly sides of court rooms myself.
I guess I just have to learn to believe in myself, I know I am a good mom a good wife a decent photographer and a good massage therapist..I just don't always believe it enough..Moon/Sun Square showing also that Moon Opposite Midheaven...
I have the battle scars of Chiron also..
And I have a need to be normal even though I have NEVER been nor will I ever be :)
The Sun/Pluto thing does give me the intuitive edge and I have also had people unload their stuff easily on me. Since you have it do you see that people know you can see through them and they get a little freaky with your presence??
Just curious..
Your words were so kind Thanks again..
Carrie

Last edited:

Claire19

Actually secret service work, reconnaissance work using photography, would be ideal as you were connected to the military which once again can be a Virgo influence for the ritual and routine, wearing uniform and being correct etc. Mars for the arms and warfare etc. When you say you dont like mainstream drugs, and neither do I, is the reason for the alternative treatments I see you perhaps involved with. Another avenue could be training police dogs.

5th house is the house for hobbies and Saturn there for instance can mean turning leisure activities into work. Capricorn on the 5th cusp also. Virgo deals with everyday needs. The practical needs of life. Food, clothing and shelter including smaller animals originally farm animals for sustenance such as milk and meat.

R4VEN

CarrieLee said:
And I have a need to be normal even though I have NEVER been nor will I ever be :)
Perhaps you have the need to feel you are normal - normal for you, that is. After all, what is `normal'? Sometimes `normal' is very difficult to sustaain, and many who appear normal on the outside are quite different underneath the social exterior.
CarrieLee said:
The Sun/Pluto thing does give me the intuitive edge and I have also had people unload their stuff easily on me. Since you have it do you see that people know you can see through them and they get a little freaky with your presence??
When I began accessing my Sun-Pluto conjunction (i.e. when I found out that I could `see' in others what they were struggling to find or access) yes, it did freak people out. In the present day I usually help others who are quite comfortable with this. Occasionally I come across people who get really, really angry when I state some truth about them which they are endeavouring to hide, but at the same time misusing. These are the people I watch out for, as they can be quite scary and even destructive - but also very wounded deep inside. It seems they are not ready to face themselves, or maybe never will be.

Perhaps you can build on that massage, but take it somewhere others have not gone. Yes, there's a massage therapist on almost every street. Your journey is in discovering how best you can combine and build on the skills you have + any skills you would like to bring in.

CarrieLee said:
I am currently a Stay at home mom since having my daughter in as I am extremely old fashioned and believe at least one parent needs to be with the child to properly raise them.
It's good to read that. I happen to agree with that, although I know for many the choice is frequently taken from them. Both you and your children will ultimately benefit from your decision. The other factor to take into account is that by the time your child/children are at school and you are freer, you will be a completely different person to the one you are now. This will have an impact upon your values, and how you see yourself and your abilities.

CarrieLee

I thank you for your help with this back when I was struggling..this Saturn going over my Sun and stellium has given me great perspective. I restarted the Course in Miracles and I have been seeing a counselor who has encouraged me to not give up my Nursing dream, as I can keep the massage with me.
I have always worked with the dying ~I am good at that so I am hoping to be a Hospice Nurse or go back to working in an Addictions Treatment Center.Perhaps I could use both nursing and Massage therapy there.
Now we just have to see if I get in to the program there are 40 spots and 150 applicants. I will know in mid Oct.LOL I think Saturn is due to give me a break then LOL.
As I go to school Meena will be ready for Prekindergarten and I see her wanting school so badly ( She is an Aquarius :))
Thanks Again
Peace Love and Lemonade
CarrieLee

R4VEN

I restarted the Course in Miracles and I have been seeing a counselor who has encouraged me to not give up my Nursing dream, as I can keep the massage with me.
I have always worked with the dying ~I am good at that so I am hoping to be a Hospice Nurse or go back to working in an Addictions Treatment Center.Perhaps I could use both nursing and Massage therapy there.
The pleasure was all mine.

Good to see that your 8th house Neptune & Ceres has been useful in your life. Your Yods will tend to redirect you, but it is good to see that the one formed by Saturn, Moon & Neptune has given you a shove. Also, recognise that the Triple Conjunction - particularly tr Neptune squaring your natal Neptune - was perhaps firstly confusing you, prior to letting the fog lift so that you could see a direction forming.

Neptune is also strong in my chart, as well as having a Pluto-Sun conjunction as you have, and counselling has been something which I fell into quite naturally. I got the tertiary qualification - to have the bit of paper - and now I have developed my counselling style to suit my own skills and personality. I have this gift/skill for life - as you do - and it will never ever be wasted.