Am I going to meet someone in next 6 months

unteruber

Just had this spontaneous question.

24th jan 2013, 2.52pm birmingham, uk.

My analysis follows -

1- Asc Cancer (not early or late) - Ruler Moon (in 12th house; detriment)
1a- moon in its own sign (some grace?)
2- 7th house ruler - Saturn ( in 5th house)
2a- Saturn in scorpio (in detriment)
3- Apply Trine between Saturn and Moon
4- no mutual reception between Saturn and moon
5- saturn and mars (if mars/sun is a co-sig of men) mutual reception by rulership/triplicity
6- not sure what's the significance of 7th house having venus and sun (sun might )
7- Moon moving towards Saturn

What do you say?

showgif.cgi

Attachments

• astro_2gw_01_event514_hr.53529.9084.jpg
    astro_2gw_01_event514_hr.53529.9084.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 40

aglaya

What do you say?

What do you say based on all this? :)

1- Ruler Moon (in 12th house; detriment)

The Moon is in her own rulership, not in the sign of her detriment. The position of this planet inside a cadent house is a sign of her accidental debility whilst the placement inside her greatest dignity signifies her essential strength (or grace as you say).

2a- Saturn in scorpio (in detriment)

Saturn isn't detrimental either. Scorpio is the sign of the detriment of Venus and the fall of Moon. Saturn is peregrine at 10°55' Scorpio, 'tho!

4- no mutual reception between Saturn and moon

Even more importantly, they're in each other's detriment.

Cheers,

aglaya

unteruber

What do you say based on all this? :)

not sure. i generally do not trust my own reading/conclusion due to conflict of interest.

The Moon is in her own rulership, not in the sign of her detriment. The position of this planet inside a cadent house is a sign of her accidental debility whilst the placement inside her greatest dignity signifies her essential strength (or grace as you say).

yes, but being in the 12 house represents difficulties or fears?

Saturn isn't detrimental either. Scorpio is the sign of the detriment of Venus and the fall of Moon. Saturn is peregrine at 10°55' Scorpio, 'tho!

yes, i meant saturn is peregrine.

Even more importantly, they're in each other's detriment.

i can see that saturn is in moon's detriment (or is it the other way around). vice-versa is not true. i think moon is in saturn's fall?

Applying aspect (as Lilly says) makes matter positive?

Cheers,

aglaya[/QUOTE]

aglaya

i generally do not trust my own reading/conclusion due to conflict of interest.

Well, according to traditional sources, it is only you who can delineate your chart- others can only share their opinions and advices.
Your approach to the Question is actually obvious from the placement of your Moon inside the 12th.

yes, but being in the 12 house represents difficulties or fears?

That too- the 12th house rules isolation, loneliness and hard feelings. The Moon, the main activator of the situation, is weakened by this placement as it lacks the necessary power to act in the desired manner. Good thing in this chart is that it is essentially strong.

i can see that saturn is in moon's detriment (or is it the other way around). vice-versa is not true. i think moon is in saturn's fall?

Saturn is in the fall of the Moon (Scorpio) whilst the Moon is in the detriment of Saturn (Cancer).

Applying aspect (as Lilly says) makes matter positive?

Applying aspects are a good indication of a matter being achieved or of any other relevant activity between the main significators especially if their nature is benevolent- trine. However, in order to make a sound conclusion, you have to add all the other ingredients too. The shape of the planets will tell you more about the people they signify. Their placement more about the circumstances (the 12th and the 5th house). The mixture of their energies will tell you something about the compatibility and, finally, the dignities and reception will explain as to how this aspect can be used.
The natures of the Moon and Saturn generally do not mix well as Saturn is cold and distant. moon, on the other hand, needs warmth and can often be rejected by the Saturn's nature. With this Saturn inside the 5th, we could be talking about a sexual affair which calls for severe caution given that your Moon is inside the 12th and doesn't look interested (only) in such matters. Him, ot the other hand, does not seem to be interested in gentle love as he is placed in the detriment and fall of the two feminine planets.
More over, Moon and Saturn cannot receive each other or communicate due to this fall/detriment placement - my main advice for you would be to make sure that you do not become a victim of a married or already occupied person during this period, especially since there is Venus on DC casting an position to your Asc as well as to your own ruler in 11 or 14 units of time. (This is a question regarding your general love potential in a 6 month time frame and so, i would simply use the whole passage of the Moon through the sign it is currently occupying as a promise of the activities during that period).
Venus is in your detriment and potentially your open enemy.

Cheers,

aglaya

Last edited:

unteruber

Aglaya,

Very clear interpretation. Thanks a ton.

As far as the duration of the chart's relevancy is concerned, would you take it as 6 months or the passage of L1 (moon) through the resident house? And why?

I am going through bit of a rough patch with my ex. Does Saturn or venus resemble any one of them ?

Thanks again.

aglaya

Aglaya,

Very clear interpretation. Thanks a ton.

Well, a bunch of suggestions more likely, hardly an interpretation but, I am glad you find it useful! ;)

As far as the duration of the chart's relevancy is concerned, would you take it as 6 months or the passage of L1 (moon) through the resident house? And why?

Well, a bit of both, really!

I should probably explain! I could say that I belong to those Horary astrologers who allow the chart to tell me as to how long we can expect its promises to last or how deep into the future it goes, if you like. So, technically, I wouldn't necessarily restrict it to a 6 month period regardless of the time frame into which the Question is set. You did a good thing when you focused onto the most proximate future however, if the chart tells us that the promise covers an even longer period of time, it only means that we are given an even larger picture.
If, for any reason, we need to focus on a very specific period (ex. a person needs to know if she will be able to finish a project due to a certain date) then we can simply take the passage of the Moon through the current sign as representative of that period. In this case, the next sign boundary is technically the representative of the deadline. I hope it makes sense.
The fact that your Moon has recently entered the sign in which we find it probably means that you have recently decided to turn your life in a new direction and that the course you have set for yourself is yet to develop.

However, when our question is open even for longer periods of time (like in your case), we take the 6 month period as a starting point but, at the same time, we check the orbs of the separating aspect as they are the best key for deciphering the timing and the value of a single time unit. Namely, we take the orbs of the Moon's separating aspects as well as those of the relevant planets, and compare them with the events from the past. We do have some general system when determining time units (cadent houses- slow, fixed signs- slow, angle- fast etc.) but, the best way to check that is to simply compare the orbs with reality. Even the number of degrees that the Moon has passed since entering Cancer, in your case, can be indicative of the time that has passed since the last major change in your life. Some times, the degrees will not match but, in such cases, we have to take the factors mentioned above into consideration as well; if the orb of separation of a planet in a slow house (cadent) is, say, 2 degrees and, if the orb of separation of another planet placed in a faster house is 15 degrees than we can say that we have a match because we are talking about 15 smaller times units (days, probably) and 2 bigger units (weeks).
When you determine the value of the time units regarding past events, you can easily use them for the approaching influences and see as to how deep into the future the chart can see. Maybe it will be close to 6 months, maybe much less or much longer than that!

The last aspect the Moon will perform before leaving the sign is often indicative of the general quality of the endeavour (of any kind). The fact that, in this chart, the Moon will end its passage through Cancer with Full Moon is yet another warning.

I am going through bit of a rough patch with my ex. Does Saturn or venus resemble any one of them ?

Try to compare the characteristics of this Saturn with your ex boyfriend/husband. Since Saturn has entered Scorpio, I have had at least 3 romance charts in which this planet was assigned to the male party and I have noticed a pattern that quite fits the symbolism of a Scorpio Saturn. Although not the ultimate example of a bully, a person ruled by this planet can be very rough and sometimes have a tendency to aggressive behaviour. Saturn in Scorpio is almost completely immune to female energy (detriment and fall of Moon and Venus) which doesn't affect only the quality of his communication with women but also his "feminine" side- gentleness, warmth etc. The problem is increased when the Moon is actually placed inside its own detriment or fall- it's a mutual disagreement then.

Venus conjunct the cusp of the 7th could be an indication of another party but, at this point it would be worth examining all the factors and determine as to how well it describes your current situation. If it doesn't then we could be talking about an approaching influence in which case, as I already said, you are potentially risking starting an affair in which you might end up being hurt.

I hope this helps,

cheers,

aglaya

Last edited:

unteruber

The last aspect the Moon will perform before leaving the sign is often indicative of the general quality of the endeavour (of any kind). The fact that, in this chart, the Moon will end its passage through Cancer with Full Moon is yet another warning.

The latter point regarding full moon is not clear to me.

Try to compare the characteristics of this Saturn with your ex boyfriend/husband.

It's my ex girlfriend. She was older than me, as you indicate, she was quite violent and abusive [the reason I broke up with her].

Again, thank you so much for your extensive reply, sharing your knowledge and time.

cheers.

ps- it feels horrible but well we will see which way the wind blows. thanks mate.

aglaya

Sorry, I instantly assumed that you were a woman! The Moon ruling the Ascendant made me think so although, obviously the distribution of rules is very precise. So, hoping that I am now correct when I think that you're a heterosexual male, we could say that your ruler nicely describes you as the more vulnerable party in this relationship. Saturn, on the other hand, rules dark haired, older people and, when placed inside Scorpio, we get a rough person - that part we have already analysed.
However, if you're sure that this ruler is the representative of your ex girlfriend, then you can expect that the story is most likely to go through another episode as your ruler is applying to hers. Although, the position of your rulers in each other's detriment/fall does not describe it as a healthy relationship no matter how benevolent the aspect is. As always, the shape of the rulers gives us one huge part of the answer- the energy is not positive because she is abusive (Saturn in Scorpio).

Full Moon and New Moon charts are somewhat specific and anything born under such an influence (including a question) will suffer from some sort of stress. The Full Moon often indicates a culmination of the matter and a form of ending (or the beginning of a new phase). According to some traditional such as Bonatti, this is a very stressful aspect that involves negative feelings (hatred in particular). Also, it could be an indication of arguments and difficulties. The good thing in this case is that the Moon is in its own sign which strengthens it.
However, keep in mind that the planets are currently outside the orb and that this is a promise regarding the end of the cycle or the end of the contact but, how the things will play out will highly depend on how you approach the situation.
Before the opposition of the luminaries, there's another opposition standing in your way- that with Venus across the Asc/DC axis.

Cheers,

aglaya

unteruber

Aglaya,

I my ex was a redhead, although a lot of Saturnian tendencies do indicate towards her I do not think that there is any possibility for me to fall for her machinations again. In this case venus in the 7th hosue represents her better. Yes, she has become quite adversarial in the last month.

Personally I don't know anyone who can be represented by the Saturn/Scorpio.

What's your opinion on turning the chart? And in this case since L7 is in the H5, shall we turn the chart on H7 or H5 to get the perspective for her (saturn) point of view? [I think it should be h7].

Cheers.

aglaya

Aglaya,

I my ex was a redhead, although a lot of Saturnian tendencies do indicate towards her I do not think that there is any possibility for me to fall for her machinations again. In this case venus in the 7th hosue represents her better. Yes, she has become quite adversarial in the last month.

Ok, let's take one step back! :)

Your ex girlfriend is not necessarily shown in this chart. If you see a planet that can easily describe her- that's good. However, if you don't- then she is not here!

Besides, past events are examined through separating aspects; the opposition of your ruler with Venus is yet to come - so, we are talking about an approaching influence. The orb of the application is 4,5 degrees.
After all, it is usually retrograde planets or planets that have recently switched to direct motion that suggest reconciliation.

Personally I don't know anyone who can be represented by the Saturn/Scorpio.

Again, it is an applying aspect which means that it could be suggesting that you would meet another person.

However, regardless of whether it was a specific person that you had in mind or a general question about emotional life during the next 6 months, the Quesited is ruled by the Lord of the 7th - in this case, Saturn. The planet sitting on the cusp of the 7th can give you some additional informations about that person. likewise, Saturn is receiving a few aspects which are also worth taking into consideration- Sun and Mercury inside the 8/th in Aquarius.

But, as long as we are talking about a person, the existence of another planet on her DC could also be indicative of another party.

With the ruler of the 7th inside the radical 5th, we could assume that, unless you meet someone closely attached to her friends, that other person is most likely after an affair, rather than a relationship. And, knowing the nature of the Saturn and the nature of the Moon, we have the first sign of caution because the Moon is easily cooled off by Saturn's nature. In addition, we have "mutual reception" by debilities which doesn't look like a good promise.
So, whomever or what ever this Saturn represents, the chart advises you to be careful.

dr. farr

(Following is not in accordance with standard horary practice and uses whole sign house format)

Usually the Ankara horary method gives simple and direct answers to yes/no type questions such as that posed by the OP: question was whether the OP will meet someone (obviously implying a meeting resulting in some kind of relationship potential) over the 6 months following the asking of the question:
-querent = 1st house = Cancer = Moon
-quesited (another person, with whom the implication is that a relationship of some sort might ensue after such a meeting) = 7th house = Capricorn = Saturn
-Moon flows toward Saturn = +
-Saturn is in the querent's 5th whole sign house (romantic interests), as is the lucky strike North Node = +
-Moon applies to a trine to Saturn (which will perfect) = +

...so, by the (perhaps simplistic) Ankara method, the answer to this yes/no question is "yes", (OP will meet someone with whom a potential for a relationship will arise, over the next approximately 6 months following the date of this question)

gen6k

hey i think you would meet someone

that Venus right on the DC and other aspects

the fall here is the others ruler saturn in the 5th.

now saturn could mean commitment or it can mean delays and complications.

it is important to have a traditional charge when dealing with negative situations.

okay so since saturn is connected by 2 squares out of the 5th.

it means complications

other than the t-square you already have with work/career.

this is fine if its connected to mercury. since mercury is not a malefic only a trickster.

now saturn is also connected by square from the Sun

in the 7th near the 8th..

Sun is combusting Mercury
it is combusting communications

since Sun represents livelyness this show of force would be somewhat lighting up and destroying even further connected to saturn.

in other words the outer ego of the romance including communications might have trouble forming.

the sun can be malefic or benefic

here the Sun is in Detriment in Aquarius

the dipositer of the sun is uranus the
apex of a t-square

it is also Going Towards with Saturn

and it almost entering this Occidental sector (8th)

with jupiter connected to the Sun from 11th you might meet a friend and form some type of partnership then something will go wrong with the outer ego/communications of the relationship/intimate experience and career/money, sun ruling 2nd and dipositer in 10th.

Last edited:

Aquarius358

Hi Unter - 1 ruler in the 12th shows you 'hiding' or being shy and secretive about this situation which means so much to you and fits with your life circumstances. It's a very 'Piscean' place isn't it. It can indicate fear but, generally speaking, it's a negative house (generally) - showing you in a negative 'place' - psychologically or emotionally perhaps - at the time of asking the question. Yes?

Nevertheless, I wouldn't dwell on that too much - Moon applies to Saturn by trine and Saturn is in the 5th - so, yes. You will meet someone in the next 6 months. The trine doesn't need reception to back it up to provide a positive answer.

The 7 ruler being in the 5th always says (to me, anyway) that the initial stages of the relationship will be a love affair - and this is reasonable, since that IS exactly how relationships begin!

It's Venus that interests me - general significator of women and also secondary significator for a woman in a relationship question, when looked at with the Sun as secondary signifier for you.
She's in the 7th (yes, in her own place, not coming over to you just yet, not in the 1st House, so not yet in your life.)

I would imagine Mars would be your ex, redhead - and Moon separates from Mars. That's behind you.

Sun as secondary signifier for you is in the 8th of loss and sorrow and this fits with some of your life circumstances, I would think, do you agree?

I haven't looked at the chart in great detail ... but it looks as if it's a 'yes' to your question. Which is great news!___

PS I like the way Aglaya thinks and - obviously - agree with Dr Farr's reading too.