Am I fit to work with people?

only1cake

Hello there. I'm new and seeking some guidance in my career path. My undergrad was in music, and I subsequently became a music teacher for kids; Currently I'm a counselor working with adolescents. I want to go into social work, but wonder if this is a good fit for me? I am also a rather sensitive and introverted person, so this makes me somewhat doubtful. Other paths that interest me include humanitarian work and college professor.

I have a stellium in the 7th house (in the sign of cancer), nothing in MC, and a sort of rectangular like formation in my chart. How could this all add up?

Any thoughts or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you :)

Attachments

• My_Chart.jpg
    My_Chart.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:

divine g

Banned
Well, your North Node aspecting Venus in Taurus shows social work in your future, and it also seems to be where your money and self-worth is at. It seems like working with kids is fun, and keeps you young yourself, so this is an area of constant self-renewal and creativity for you.

The rectangle you speak of involves Pluto in Scorpio, which shows you have great psychological insight, and this in your 11th shows that you would like to help society in this manner. There are several aspects to your Neptune in Capricorn in 1st, which shows your confusion in self-image and career and social standing. The retrograde means you could benefit from having your own in-depth therapy, especially dealing with your early formative childhood years.

The rectangle aspect is actually good, as it is a pair of sextiles and a pair of trines, stabilizing what ever career dreams you have of yourself. The bigger picture shows that deep psychological probing into your self(1st), others(7th), and society(11th) will not only be fun for you, but benefit financially in the long run, and even help in raising your own kids someday(5th).

I do see that your Moon conjuncts Mars in Cancer, and I'm guessing that's what you really mean about being fit to work with people? This shows a bit of a temper, or maybe some impatience, am I correct? Or maybe you attract agressive, assertive people who may take advantage of your compassionate outlook. That opposition with Cancer/Cap is your real challenge here, which is balancing your career ambitions with your sensitive nature.

You're still young, I think things will be a lot clearer as you approach your Saturn return in a couple of years, and hopefully, a long career in your field is certainly possible, and you may play a leading role.

Cheers

only1cake

Divine, thank you so much for your insightful - and frankly very accurate - rendering of the issues in my chart.

Well, your North Node aspecting Venus in Taurus .... It seems like working with kids is fun, and keeps you young yourself, so this is an area of constant self-renewal and creativity for you.
This is absolutely true. Even as a one-on-one counselor now, I still use painting, drawing, music performance as a way of entertaining and calming kids I work with. Before this I taught kids in a "School of Rock" kind of program, teaching drums, guitar, and bass.

There are several aspects to your Neptune in Capricorn in 1st, which shows your confusion in self-image and career and social standing. The retrograde means you could benefit from having your own in-depth therapy, especially dealing with your early formative childhood years.
I agree with you here as well; I see in my aspects that I have 4 planets (Sun, Moon, Mercury, and Mars) in opposition to Neptune. All the explanation of this that I've read all seem to say that I have a problem deluding others, deluding myself... I definitely would rather spend time in my fantasies and daydreams than face a problem in a straightforward fashion. It may sound dramatic but it gets very out of hand and keeps me from achieving anything. In my interactions with others (including coworkers) I have a real hard time seeing things objectively because I can take their comments/criticism very personally.

I do see that your Moon conjuncts Mars in Cancer, and I'm guessing that's what you really mean about being fit to work with people? This shows a bit of a temper, or maybe some impatience, am I correct?
This point in particular is so spot on, I am actually still shocked. You are ingenious,divine! :andy: I frequently wish I could bypass the complexity and annoyance of dealing with people sometimes. People have told me before that I have a rebellious and temperamental streak; at other times I've been told I can be very diplomatic and friendly. The temper definitely does come out and sometimes I do not even know where it is coming from.

Another point in the chart that I feel gets in the way (and feel free to correct me here because I'm still a newbie) is my Saturn in Scorpio in the 12 house. I am a very private person at work (albeit friendly) and while I do enjoy working with people I FREQUENTLY find myself just wanting to be alone. Could this have any bearing on my career too?

a long career in your field is certainly possible, and you may play a leading role.
When you say I may play a leading role, what exactly do you mean?

Thank you very much again.

Last edited:

R4VEN

divine did a really good job of pointing out all the main things on your chart, so I feel that I can only reinterate a few things of which you need to be aware.

Firstly, social work will suit you - notice I said `will'. As one who has observed social workers diving in at the deep end and wanting to help others, when the person they need to be `helping' in the first instance is themselves....... social work will be an ideal outlet for you once you have settled a few things in your own life. You seem to be quite aware of what these are, too. One of the things which leaps out from your chart is your Neptune's opposition to Sun, Moon, Mars - :sick: - that is one recipe for self-delusion!! It is also a sign that you will tend to absorb the energy of others, so in order to effectively counsel others, you have to do some pretty hard-core work at establishing personal boundaries. Neptune clouds the boundaries between you and others, and when working closely with others you have to be careful to both not `take on' their stuff, and also to not `hand over' your own stuff to the people you are counselling. The irony is that what makes you an ideal counsellor - the neptune relationship with your very personal planets - also renders you `open' and vulnerable.

Even as a one-on-one counselor now, I still use painting, drawing, music performance as a way of entertaining and calming kids I work with.

For now, that is a wonderful way of working with others.
The self-doubt is also a Neptune influence, as well as the Saturn - which you have already mentioned.
Mercury - your MC ruler - is trining Venus, so using art & music in your work is a wonderful way to work with others, even adults.

The retrograde means you could benefit from having your own in-depth therapy, especially dealing with your early formative childhood years.

divine g's mentioning of working through your formative years is borne out by your Sun being square to your IC-MC axis. This means that until you have `settled' and made peace with your early years, you will not be able to fully access your MC, and so until then your Gemini Sun will not truly and fully `shine'.

Other than your Uranus conj ASC - which can be responsible for a lot of your creative `magic' and uniqueness, your Chiron placement is also interesting to me. It is in Gemini conj your DC, so the counselling of others one-to-one will `call' you, and maybe you need to be doing this eventually as an outcome of the personal growth work you must do in order to feel more at home in your life. Chiron is trining Jupiter, and this grants a unique way of expressing yourself. I have a feeling that you are only at the cusp of what you are capable of. Your chart is quite a beautiful one, but it brings challenges - as it must if you are to become the person you are capable of being.

Money & you
http://www.astrotheme.com/files/money_and_you.php
http://www.cafeastrology.com/astrologytopics/astrology_of_money_wealth.html
career significators
http://www.librarising.com/astrology/misc/significators.html
Professional & Destiny
http://www.astrotheme.com/files/astrology_professional_destiny.php
http://www.librarising.com/astrology/misc/significators.html
sticky in vocational astrology forum
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32775
Astro’s vocation section
http://www.astro.com/astrology/in_vocation2_n.htm?lang=z

My thoughts and links on vocation
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showpost.php?p=264759&postcount=7

Waybread’s thoughts on Vocation
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showpost.php?p=264335&postcount=2

With all that earth in your chart, you should be doing something practical. The lack of air, suggests *sweeping statement syndrome* with little or no thought behind what comes out occasionally. Lack of fire is more problematic as this suggests lack of 'iniative and impetus' to start, move and grow. But having 3planets in 5th fire house should help

Career options are assessed by MC any planets conjunct, where the ruler of MC is placed, it’s aspects, then 2nd house ‘how you earn your money’ and planets there, ruler of cusp and where it’s placed, then 6th house of ‘type of work you do’ any planets there and how they are aspected.

Researching rulers of houses will help you understand more where I joining the dots so to speak
http://www.cafeastrology.com/natal/rulersofhousesinhouses.html
http://www.trans4mind.com/personal_development/astrology/LearningAstrology/housesDerived.htm
http://www.skyviewzone.com/astrology/houserulerships.htm

Hello there. I'm new and seeking some guidance in my career path. My undergrad was in music, and I subsequently became a music teacher for kids; Currently I'm a counselor working with adolescents. I want to go into social work, but wonder if this is a good fit for me? I am also a rather sensitive and introverted person, so this makes me somewhat doubtful. Other paths that interest me include humanitarian work and college professor. Gemini, pisces and libra are all restless, procrastinating and indecisive. In fact I have a saying for librans, "they used to be indecisive, now they can't make their minds up."

I have a stellium in the 7th house (in the sign of cancer), nothing in MC, and a sort of rectangular like formation in my chart. How could this all add up?

Any thoughts or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you :)
From jupiter onwards, all your planets are retrograde ie: going backwards.
Jupiter Retrograde
* has doubts about what they deserve and so ...
* finds it easy to settle for crumbs
* feels superior in some way inside
* abundance is felt on the inside
* looks inside for answers to religious questions

Saturn Retrograde
* feels inside that they're never good enough
* indulgent outward behavior may mask inner feelings of inadequacy
* hides fears

Uranus Retrograde
* reconsiders outward expressions of rebelliousness
* feels inside that they are different
* outward conformist behavior masks inner feelings of non-conformity or ...
* goes out of their way to upset others apple carts
* has a difficult time finding their niche in society

Neptune Retrograde
* feels guilty inside and so ....
* tends to blame themselves when things go wrong
* super sensitive inside and so .....
* puts on a tough skinned mask

http://www.skyviewzone.com/astrology/retrogradeplanets.htm#neprx

Neptune's oppositions can act as a see-saw in your charts and the sun opp neptune can create identity problems, espec in teenage years.

I really don't see this chart as *introverted* with Saggi Asc is extremely extrovert and with Uanus their suggests (at times) you can be a bit of a rebel. It is a singleton and only planet in fire element which the chart lacks. Researching Neptune and it's aspects will bring the answers you seek :joyful:

The majority of planets in water element does suggest the *caring professions* and rather psychic to

mars square Neptune
http://www.astrologyindepth.com/Mars_square_Neptune
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13104&page=2

Mars opposition Neptune
The opposition of Mars and Neptune can make it hard for you to relate to others emotionally. You are susceptible to deceit and becoming involved in misdeals. You may be perfectly honest and above board in your activities. Still your motives and actions will be questioned and suspected. Be careful not to become involved in any activity that is the least bit shady. Learn to reason with your intellect and not be led by your fascination for thrills and the unknown. Avoid drugs, alcohol, and the occult. These are dangerous for you because you are so susceptible to them. You are easily mesmerized by illusions and those who create them. Avoid setting unrealistic goals. http://www.skyscript.co.uk/marsaspects.html#maone

Moon conj mars suggest rather bossy mother. Neptune opp sun/moon (which I have) could suggest you never got enough structure, guidlines or input from parents in early childhood. This is also backed up by Saturn retrogarde in 12th house. This suggests a father either missing, lacking or simply ineffectual by settings standards/morals...

Mercury conj mars can be argumentative and too forceful (on occasions) then other times, mercury opp neptune simply loses the plot/thread and reads too much into communications - going out/in.

See-saw chart
http://www.myastrologybook.com/hourglass-see-saw-planetary-pattern-astrology.htm
http://moonvalleyastrologer.com/tutorial2.htm
http://www.skyscript.co.uk/aspects2.html
http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=PjU1ZNw93JsC&pg=PT28&lpg=PT28&dq=astrology+see+saw+pattern&source=bl&ots=eAynpIbJV2&sig=y4WltImKK07p9WsWtb52MEe7u74&hl=en&ei=nosHTI2uGouI0wTD7p1w&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=7&ved=0CDwQ6AEwBg#v=onepage&q&f=false

only1cake

One of the things which leaps out from your chart is your Neptune's opposition to Sun, Moon, Mars - :sick: - that is one recipe for self-delusion!!

Re: Raven
In response to the Neptune influence-- I don't think I delude myself quite as much as I get confused in my interactions with people. Sometimes I wonder if my reactions are justified, or whether theirs is; I lose sight of what is actually happening. I do find myself absorbing people's emotions or being affected by them; as you stated Raven, this is also the same reason people think I'm such a good counselor, because it shows that I genuinely care and am listening... however, I realize it is not always good for me.

As I get older, I realize Neptune's presence.. During college, I used to chain smoke (I finally quit last year), and whenever things got discouraging, I'd use marijuana and alcohol. I no longer do this because I realized it was keeping me from addressing real problems in my life.. but there is still a lot of work left to do, because I do not always know how to stand up for myself.

You said that after I do work on myself I could be a better social worker. Unfortunately, I don't have much time because I applied and got into a graduate program this year, and am set to start training in the fall. I did begin seeing a therapist to try and deal with my childhood experiences, but I hope it's not too soon to try working in this new field. Given all these negative influences Neptune, Saturn, and retrogrades seem to be having.. now I'm feeling a little discouraged. :( I guess we'll see how things pan out.

Last edited:

only1cake

Moon conj mars suggest rather bossy mother. Neptune opp sun/moon (which I have) could suggest you never got enough structure, guidlines or input from parents in early childhood. This is also backed up by Saturn retrogarde in 12th house. This suggests a father either missing, lacking or simply ineffectual by settings standards/morals...

Mercury conj mars can be argumentative and too forceful (on occasions) then other times, mercury opp neptune simply loses the plot/thread and reads too much into communications - going out/in.

Very interesting. Indeed, my mother was a very critical and dominant person in our household. My dad was too preoccupied because he was clinically depressed.. he wasn't very present psychologically. My parents were too busy and stressed out to really provide any direction or encouragement to me as a kid. I feel that a substantial chunk of me is ruined by my childhood experiences, because now I am ridden with low self-esteem/self-doubt as an adult.

It's weird, because at the same time, I am a very determined and tenacious person who does not give up easily. It's a strange mix, but reminds me that deep down inside of myself, there is a self-confident, independent person... I really hope I unearth this person soon.

Also, I took a look at the links you provided, and several of them stated that I should look at my midheaven and saturn for career implications... but there are no planets occupying my midheaven in my chart. Saturn is in Scorpio in 12th house... what kind of implication does that have?

I really don't see this chart as *introverted* with Saggi Asc is extremely extrovert and with Uanus their suggests (at times) you can be a bit of a rebel. It is a singleton and only planet in fire element which the chart lacks.
Pardon my ignorance (I'm new at chart analysis), but what is a singleton?

Last edited:

R4VEN

Also, I took a look at the links you provided, and several of them stated that I should look at my midheaven and saturn for career implications... but there are no planets occupying my midheaven in my chart. Saturn is in Scorpio in 12th house... what kind of implication does that have?
Midheaven is different from the 10th house, in that the Midheaven (MC) is the ruler of the 10th house. remember also that the 10th house is about how you wish to be seen in your public role - and this `public role' is often career, but is not always so.

It works like this:

1. Your MC is in Virgo, which is ruled by Mercury.
  2. Your Mercury is in Cancer in the 7th house - Merc in Cancer denotes a sympathetic approach to others, and the 7th house is the partnership house - the house where balance is sought.
  3. Mercury also conjuncts both Moon and Mars - perceptive mind; impulsive and powerful emotions (which,being in Cancer, may be pushed into the body); the possibility of being verbally aggressive.
  4. Mercury also sextiles Venus - artistic, musical, diplomatic, fair.
  5. Mercury trine Pluto (a bit wide, but I'll use it anyway) - the ability to go in-depth in any subject which intrigues you.
  6. And since Mercury also rules Gemini, the Chiron in Gemini on the DC indicates a need to address any issues to do with how it is you communicate. (Which means that whilst your MC is ruled by Gemini, and draws you to using communication in your public life, your soul also demands that you address any short-comings which you suspect you have in this area.)
Now, that's only a summary, but that's how the process goes. Obviously the Neptune-factor - since it opposes three of your personal planets - is just as significant as what I have written above. To assess career choices, it is normal to begin with the MC - or 10th house ruler - but that is usually only a part of the picture.

simplyinsight

Hands down, you're great with people.

Introverted or extroverted, Myers-Briggs has cr*p to do with how well you can perform your job. It's just a different style. It matters what YOU are happy with doing. Of course, you can't judge your happiness on the a-holes that tell you you're not fit for the job, who are just secretly jealous that you'll succeed.... YOU need to define your own happiness there at what you're doing.

I do feel a lot of counseling work is going through here in this lifetime for you based on this chart.... but that could be other things--- not necessarily a typical therapist-type job where you sit down and chit-chat about problems in life of others.... more like you're working with clients who are relating their problems in very BRIEF, minute periods of time, who are coming to you, looking for a smile and warmth and a little sympathy/empathy, to where you can provide them with some glimmer of hope that things don't suck as bad as they seem to..... I see a flower shop really, LOL... I see some sort of surrounding with a lot of flowers and gift-giving types of items that you'll work at for many many years, if not, you're going to follow along some sort of line like that, and be very successful because of your ability to relate on that sort of level, to sort of take care of others in that sense.