Age of Aquarius May Not Be So Great

Cap

A fun read for you, and David.🙂
Thank you!
Makes perfect sense.

If we tie Great Year with the Yugas (but I don't think that's the case, Yugas are MUCH longer cycles, dependent on dynamics between our Sun and its binary star companion) then age of Aquarius as fixed winter sign should be really the lowest point, the center of Kali Yuga.

david starling

Thank you!
Makes perfect sense.

If we tie Great Year with the Yugas (but I don't think that's the case, Yugas are MUCH longer cycles, dependent on dynamics between our Sun and its binary star companion) then age of Aquarius as fixed winter sign should be really the lowest point, the center of Kali Yuga.

Fixed-sign Ages are both intense and fixated on establishing something that fits the sign and its rulership.

For the Age of Aquarius, it's about freedom from being trapped on the material plane. Nothing will be able to prevent it, not even a Kali Yuga. Some call it "Ascension".

Cap

Fixed-sign Ages are both intense and fixated on establishing something that fits the sign and its rulership.

For the Age of Aquarius, it's about freedom from being trapped on the material plane. Nothing will be able to prevent it, not even a Kali Yuga. Some call it "Ascension".

I can prove it to you that outer planets don't rule the signs with simple mental exercise.

IF outer planets really rule the signs, they didn't just take over the rulership in modern times. IF they rule the signs, then it was always like that regardless of humans not knowing about them. That means, for centuries. Greeks, Romans, Hindus, Islamic astrologers, later Europeans like Bonatti and Lilly etc., were all using wrong rulers. They were all using Mars, Saturn and Jupiter instead of Pluto, Uranus and Neptune for which they didn't know. Because they were using wrong rulers, their predictions should have been wrong constantly. With so many wrong predictions over centuries, astrology would have been abandoned as total nonsense that doesn't work.

But, that's not the case. The truth is completely opposite. For centuries, astrology has worked perfectly with Mars, Saturn and Jupiter as rulers of Scorpio, Aquarius and Pisces.

On the contrary, if you try to use outer planets as sign rulers in any kind of predictive astrology like horary or event astrology you will get your predictions wrong.

Opal

Premium Member
Thank you!
Makes perfect sense.

I see the problems with the article. I read something much more interesting a long while back that I can’t locate. Not sure if it was in a book or online. And yes the yugas are longer. The Aztec Venus Calendar is different too. Then we have David’s Tropical Ages. Each has its own value or merits. Do the yuga’s have exact dates?

I have read some on them. One writer completely turned me off. Patricia something. But, there was some interesting points in a book that I couldn’t finish. Her writing style really bugged me.🙂

Do they use winter solstice for their change of yugas, or spring equinox?

Opal

Premium Member
I can prove it to you that outer planets don't rule the signs with simple mental exercise.

IF outer planets really rule the signs, they didn't just take over the rulership in modern times. IF they rule the signs, then it was always like that regardless of humans not knowing about them. That means, for centuries. Greeks, Romans, Hindus, Islamic astrologers, later Europeans like Bonatti and Lilly etc., were all using wrong rulers. They were all using Mars, Saturn and Jupiter instead of Pluto, Uranus and Neptune for which they didn't know. Because they were using wrong rulers, their predictions should have been wrong constantly. With so many wrong predictions over centuries, astrology would have been abandoned as total nonsense that doesn't work.

But, that's not the case. The truth is completely opposite. For centuries, astrology has worked perfectly with Mars, Saturn and Jupiter as rulers of Scorpio, Aquarius and Pisces.

On the contrary, if you try to use outer planets as sign rulers in any kind of predictive astrology like horary or event astrology you will get your predictions wrong.
I have problems with Horary. Whether I use the outers or not.

I use the outers in natal and Mundane.

I also agree that whether or not they were known to us is irrelevant to whether or not their attributes are factual. An entity does what an entity does. Period. I don’t even care if Pluto is called a Planet, I can see it’s affects in my chart. It is personalized, conjunct MC. For natal and mundane I miss seeing them if the chart is traditional I will draw a chart with them. But I do feel that way with a lot of the fixed stars and asteroids. They are good for pinpointing.

david starling

Horary is the most personal of all predictive techniques. The outermost 3 are least personal in effect. That's why they're not needed for Horary.

david starling

Cap, there were no precessional Ages included in the ancient methods. That's because the Ages are extremely impersonal, and require the outermost 3 and the Age-marker to explain all of the Age-rulerships, and the timing. Same with generational placements of the outermosts to explain generational differences.

JUPITERASC

good catch

But, that's not the case. The truth is completely opposite.
For centuries, astrology has worked perfectly
with Mars, Saturn and Jupiter as rulers of Scorpio, Aquarius and Pisces

a Siriusly good point :)

david starling

Trads don't acknowledge precessional astrological Ages, which didn't become part of astrology until the late 19th Century. Therefore, they can't contribute anything useful on this thread, which presupposes that there are such Ages, and is questioning the optimism about the Age of Aquarius.

What did Valens have to say about the future Ages of sidereal Pisces and Aquarius? Anything enlightening? :wink:

Last edited:

Cap

Trads don't acknowledge precessional astrological Ages, which didn't become part of astrology until the late 19th Century. Therefore, they can't contribute anything useful on this thread, which presupposes that there are such Ages, and is questioning the optimism about the Age of Aquarius.
Ancients were aware of precession. Whoever built the Sphinx was perfectly aware of the current age of Leo. Hindus have special appreciation for star Vega which was polar star 12,000 years ago. Judeo-Christian texts have many references to astrological ages. Greeks wrote about it.

Last edited:

david starling

Ancients were aware of precession. However built the Sphinx was perfectly aware of the current age of Leo. Hindus have special appreciation for star Vega which was polar star 12,000 years ago. Judeo-Christian texts have many references to astrological ages. Greeks wrote about it.

Can you supply one or two specific examples of the many ancient references to astrological Ages, as such?

david starling

The Golden Calf story is evidence that the sidereal Age of Taurus was left behind by Moses, but nothing specific about Ages.

The Exodus story is evidence that the tropical Age of Water-sign Scorpio was left behind by the parting of the waters of the Red Sea by Moses with his wooden staff (which symbolizes a Fire-sign, like the tropical Age of Sagittarius), but doesn't specifically refer to Ages.

Cap

I see the problems with the article. I read something much more interesting a long while back that I can’t locate. Not sure if it was in a book or online. And yes the yugas are longer. The Aztec Venus Calendar is different too. Then we have David’s Tropical Ages. Each has its own value or merits. Do the yuga’s have exact dates?

I have read some on them. One writer completely turned me off. Patricia something. But, there was some interesting points in a book that I couldn’t finish. Her writing style really bugged me.🙂

Do they use winter solstice for their change of yugas, or spring equinox?
There are 2 Yuga theories.

Personally, I think long Yuga cycles are correct. Just look at the trends. Things are getting worse, not better, despite our technological advancement.
Some of Kali Yuga signs:
Spiritual and political leaders will be criminals - yep, we are there.
Person's status will be judged according to how much money he/she has - we are surely there already.
Men and women will be judged on their sexual expertise - yep, we live in highly sexualized society.
Men and women will live together based on verbal agreement and superficial attraction - that's how we marry today.

Kali Yuga has transitional period of 36,000 years in which there is still some influence form previous Yuga, so things are not completely miserable yet. But we are definitely moving deeper and deeper into materialism. Transhumanism is the latest example.

Last edited: