Age of Aquarius May Not Be So Great

david starling

Honestly, if someone wants to put 2023/2024 (when Pluto goes into Aquarius) as their start of The Age of Aquarius, who could blame them? Technology has really went up, innovated, and became for the public, since 1990+, or so! Add in the social justice eras of the 1920's, 1960's, and 2010's, it does feel like the Aquarian era, has, at the least, showed parts of its face!

The Ages are in the chart. There's an Age-marker. But, the boundaries of the equal-signs of the sidereal zodiac are variably placed relative to the unequal-length zodiacal constellations. Why would a transiting planet, or a transiting stellium in Aquarius be used to set the sign-boundary for Aquarius? It's the other way around. First the boundaries are located, the Age-marker ingresses Aquarius, and that's when the sidereal Age changes from Pisces to Aquarius.

However, I can see Aquarian Age INFLUENCE affecting the Age before the Aquarian Age really begins. Harbingers of the Age of Aquarius do appear to be causing changes. Our values are changing for the better, even though we can't yet effectively put them into practice.

sentR89day

The Ages are in the chart. There's an Age-marker. But, the boundaries of the equal-signs of the sidereal zodiac are variably placed relative to the unequal-length zodiacal constellations. Why would a transiting planet, or a transiting stellium in Aquarius be used to set the sign-boundary for Aquarius? It's the other way around. First the boundaries are located, the Age-marker ingresses Aquarius, and that's when the sidereal Age changes from Pisces to Aquarius.

However, I can see Aquarian Age INFLUENCE affecting the Age before the Aquarian Age really begins. Harbingers of the Age of Aquarius do appear to be causing changes. Our values are changing for the better, even though we can't yet effectively put them into practice.
I like the way you put this!

Cap

Strange how so many astrologers emphatically dump on the possibility that the Aquarian Age will give rise to a much better World! Aquarius is known as the most humanitarian sign, and is ruled by the higher planes of existence.

The astrological, precessional Ages are in our natal charts, and strongly affect them. The ingress of the Age-marker into Aquarius in both tropical and sidereal natal charts will have a positive effect on everyone born into the Age at once, for century after century. That's what makes the Ages so powerful!
While I applaud your optimism, I just can't see on what your optimism is grounded.

Aquarius is really perfect match for Saturn. Saturn represents cold and dark as opposed to warmth and light represented by the Sun. So, we have Aquarius in the middle of winter (in northern hemisphere), ruled by Saturn (when nature appears to be dead = Saturn) as opposed to Leo in the middle of summer, ruled by Sun. Aquarius is detriment of the Sun, as point 180 deg. from the middle of summer when Sun is most powerful. Similarly, Leo is detriment of the Saturn.

Your trashing of Saturn in undeserving IMO. In my view, planets don't cause things to happen, they just signify things. Planets are just like letters in a book, conveying messages to those who know how to read the language of astrology. So yes, Saturn is the great malefic because it represents things undesirable by most people (old age, death, decay etc.) but you need to have all those things represented in order to have complete language (astrology). But like all planets, Saturn represents both negative and positive things, depending on its position, dignity and astrological context. You can have a prison wall and a wall around your house. Both walls are Saturn (boundary). One is bad and keeps you locked in, the other is good and keeps you safe from thieves.

Anyone who has done extensive work in horary and event astrology (where it is relatively easy to check your results) will tell you that outer planets don't rule signs. If you try to use them as sign rulers, you will get your predictions wrong over and over again. I've mostly done horary and event astrology and rarely there was a need to include an outer planet into interpretation. But when outers are important enough to include (say, conjunct to a planet or a house cusp) they almost exclusively act as malefics, they signify bad and undesirable things. It's possible that outer planets have deep transcendental spiritual meanings but on ordinary, worldly, every day level they act as malefics.

Even if I assume, for discussion sake, that Uranus somehow rules Aquarius, I don't see what is so special about Uranus to grant such optimism. Most of modern Uranus significations are "borrowed" from Mercury and Mars. Even ages ruled by the great benefic Jupiter, like your tropical age of Sagittarius or sidereal age of Pisces, were essentially slaughterhouse and bloodbath, full of violence, war, savagery, plunder, slavery and all kinds of misery.

Finally, as strange as it sounds, things getting more technological is not a sign of (spiritual) progress. Like most things, technology itself is neither good nor bad. It has potential to be used for both. According to Hindu Yuga cycles, in the Satya Yuga (or Golden Age) people have zero technology. That's because they are so spiritually advanced, they can manipulate reality with their minds, they have no need for technology. Following this logic, Kali Yuga (or Iron/Dark Age) will be the most technological age and simultaneously the worst one.

Opal

Premium Member
While I applaud your optimism, I just can't see on what your optimism is grounded.

Aquarius is really perfect match for Saturn. Saturn represents cold and dark as opposed to warmth and light represented by the Sun. So, we have Aquarius in the middle of winter (in northern hemisphere), ruled by Saturn (when nature appears to be dead = Saturn) as opposed to Leo in the middle of summer, ruled by Sun. Aquarius is detriment of the Sun, as point 180 deg. from the middle of summer when Sun is most powerful. Similarly, Leo is detriment of the Saturn.

Your trashing of Saturn in undeserving IMO. In my view, planets don't cause things to happen, they just signify things. Planets are just like letters in a book, conveying messages to those who know how to read the language of astrology. So yes, Saturn is the great malefic because it represents things undesirable by most people (old age, death, decay etc.) but you need to have all those things represented in order to have complete language (astrology). But like all planets, Saturn represents both negative and positive things, depending on its position, dignity and astrological context. You can have a prison wall and a wall around your house. Both walls are Saturn (boundary). One is bad and keeps you locked in, the other is good and keeps you safe from thieves.

Anyone who has done extensive work in horary and event astrology (where it is relatively easy to check your results) will tell you that outer planets don't rule signs. If you try to use them as sign rulers, you will get your predictions wrong over and over again. I've mostly done horary and event astrology and rarely there was a need to include an outer planet into interpretation. But when outers are important enough to include (say, conjunct to a planet or a house cusp) they almost exclusively act as malefics, they signify bad and undesirable things. It's possible that outer planets have deep transcendental spiritual meanings but on ordinary, worldly, every day level they act as malefics.

Even if I assume, for discussion sake, that Uranus somehow rules Aquarius, I don't see what is so special about Uranus to grant such optimism. Most of modern Uranus significations are "borrowed" from Mercury and Mars. Even ages ruled by the great benefic Jupiter, like your tropical age of Sagittarius or sidereal age of Pisces, were essentially slaughterhouse and bloodbath, full of violence, war, savagery, plunder, slavery and all kinds of misery.

Finally, as strange as it sounds, things getting more technological is not a sign of (spiritual) progress. Like most things, technology itself is neither good nor bad. It has potential to be used for both. According to Hindu Yuga cycles, in the Satya Yuga (or Golden Age) people have zero technology. That's because they are so spiritually advanced, they can manipulate reality with their minds, they have no need for technology. Following this logic, Kali Yuga (or Iron/Dark Age) will be the most technological age and simultaneously the worst one.
I didn’t know that you were a traditionalist.

What is your take on the four horsemen, the fixed signs, and the ages?

JUPITERASC

Finally, as strange as it sounds,
things getting more technological is not a sign of (spiritual) progress.
good catch :)

Like most things, technology itself is neither good nor bad. It has potential to be used for both.

well said

According to Hindu Yuga cycles, in the Satya Yuga (or Golden Age) people have zero technology.
That's because they are so spiritually advanced, they can manipulate reality with their minds,
they have no need for technology.

good point
Following this logic, Kali Yuga (or Iron/Dark Age) will be the most technological age
and simultaneously the worst one.
makes sense

david starling

Cap, the Yugas aren't astrological in so far as the planet Earth is concerned. There's no way to include them in the Earth-centered charts.

The precessional Ages concept isn't even remotely included in Trad astrology, since it's from the late 19th Century.

So, we're not on the same page when it comes to an Age of Aquarius at ALL, much less what we should expect from it.

IMO, Trad astrology was fine for its time, but times have changed. The Past is past, and the Future has yet to reveal itself.

Last edited:

david starling

The technology developed during this tropical precessional Age of Capricorn under Saturnian rulership, including explosives (which were an early development), will be available to those living in the tropical Age of Aquarius under Uranian rulership which is not yet in effect. It won't be used for destruction and domination. "Uran" means "of the Heavens".

It will be an expansive, Air-sign, spiritually oriented Age, unlike this restrictive, Earth-sign, materialistically oriented Age now culminating at its ending.

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

No age is all good things anyway, there's always a mix of good and bad in everything,
so I'm honestly surprised

that anyone would be surprised that the age of aquarius
Saturn-in-the-Twelfth-House-1024x536.jpg

won't be perfect. :lol:
Poverty-cycleNL.png

david starling

Saturn will be demoted to a secondary background Age influence during the tropical Aquarian Age. Uranian rulership will promoted to the forefront and primary role. It will be a very humanitarian Age, with an unrestricted use of mental abilities currently blocked. What's now considered impossible by the scientific industrial complex will become innately possible, and readily available for everyday life.

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

I'm a firm believer in the epoch theory: every 26,000 years of the 12 ages in astrology, it's actually an epoch of the history of humanity. Since the birth of Christ 2,000 years ago: the age of Pisces (or Virgo), we're in the transitional period in this age in the third epoch of humanity under the signs Cancer (or Capricorn). There were 6 manned lunar landings in 1969-72 on the Moon ruled by Cancer, and Capricorn indicates a scientific technological savvy epoch has began. Both the Saturn-Uranus ruled signs Capricorn and Aquarius are about research and discovery.

tumblr_lzbiewJvNT1qfsqzho1_1280.jpg

Then there are those astrologers who felt millennia has their signs: the first millennia AD was under Aries, the second under Pisces and now in the third we're under Aquarius. This is a 12,000 year cycle restarted 2,000 years ago and already 54,000 total years of modern humanity's history went by. The Age of Aquarius (or Leo) represents innovative, progressive and radical changes, while Leo represents the symbol of humanity became as "powerful as God" (scientific breakthroughs) or the Sun which rules the sign Leo and is the detriment for Aquarius.
Geologic%2BTime%2BScale%2BMajor%2BEons%252C%2BEras%252C%2BPeriods%2Band%2BEpochs%2B%25282%2529.png

david starling

The tropical precessional Ages are direct, and involve the seasonal quadrants.

The Fall seasonal Ages, beginning with the Age of Libra c.4900 B.C. and ending with the Age of Sagittarius in the year 406 A.D., had continuity that ended at the time the Roman Empire fell apart.

Two new Religions that completely rejected the polytheism of the Fall quadrant came to power, both claiming dominion over the entire world.

The Aquarian Age, although the 2nd Age of the Winter quadrant, is not a (+/-) polarity partner with the Age of Capricorn(-) like the Age of Sagittarius(+) was. So, there will be a break in continuity as the polarity shifts to the Aquarius(+)/Pisces(-) partnership.

sentR89day

I want the next Age of be The Age of Canada! The Age of Aquarius will be a threshold with this with their robots and machines.....sent to Canada by the year 5,000! Get ready folks! But at first we need to go through The Age of Aquarius!

david starling

I want the next Age of be The Age of Canada! The Age of Aquarius will be a threshold with this with their robots and machines.....sent to Canada by the year 5,000! Get ready folks! But at first we need to go through The Age of Aquarius!

Tropically, the robots and machines are a product of the Age of Capricorn.

The Tropical Ages have an oscillation-cycle, since they're about the precession of the center-line of Earth's orbit. There's both a "true" and a "mean" setting of the tropical Age-marker. The former is measured from one year to the next, and moves back and forth. The latter is the average position, which gives a continuously direct-motion median setting.

The first year with a true setting in over 20,000 years that ingresses tropical Aquarius, is 2047. Then, back into Capricorn until in 2060, when it re-enters Aquarius. This is a 12 to 14 year oscillation-cycle, with each ingress moving slightly farther in Aquarius. By the year 2149, the median setting itself will ingress Aquarius to stay. By 2033, the median setting will have reached 28 degrees tropical Capricorn, signalling a new Age-degree generation, and another boost in Capricorn Age technology, probably mostly about robots.

The last change in the Capricornian Age-degree generations occurred in 1975, with the 27th degree Age generation, and the Digital era. The 26th degree Capricornian Age generation began in 1917, along with the wave of analog technology that followed.

Last edited:

Cap

Cap, the Yugas aren't astrological in so far as the planet Earth is concerned. There's no way to include them in the Earth-centered charts.

The precessional Ages concept isn't even remotely included in Trad astrology, since it's from the late 19th Century.

So, we're not on the same page when it comes to an Age of Aquarius at ALL, much less what we should expect from it.

IMO, Trad astrology was fine for its time, but times have changed. The Past is past, and the Future has yet to reveal itself.

Yugas are certainly based on astronomical observations. There are some modern attempts to connect Yugas with precession but IMO the ancient theory of binary star companion is probably the correct one. Recently, it's been speculated that Sirius might be our Sun's binary star companion.

https://humanoriginproject.com/sirius-mythology-two-sun-solar-system/

IMO, the Yuga cycle is the greater wheel and precession of equinoxes is the smaller wheel. One Yuga cycle has many "Great Years" or precession cycles of 25,920 years. So, Yuga cycle sets the overall tone. If we are currently in Kali Yuga, coming age of Aquarius will still be part of Dark Age (Kali Yuga). It will be different and distinctive from other ages but still within frame of Kali Yuga.

Cap

I didn’t know that you were a traditionalist.
Well, I'm pragmatist really.
Since I think outer planets do have astrological meaning I am not allowed into traditional club. :)
And, since I think outers don't rule signs and that astrology is concerned with events rather than psychological outlook, I don't belong in modern club either.

What is your take on the four horsemen, the fixed signs, and the ages?

I am not aware of connection between all of those.

Opal

Premium Member
Since I think outer planets do have astrological meaning I am not allowed into traditional club. :)
And, since I think outers don't rule signs and that astrology is concerned with events rather than psychological outlook, I don't belong in modern club either.

I’ll be back tonight, thanks for the answer!

david starling

Yugas are certainly based on astronomical observations. There are some modern attempts to connect Yugas with precession but IMO the ancient theory of binary star companion is probably the correct one. Recently, it's been speculated that Sirius might be our Sun's binary star companion.

https://humanoriginproject.com/sirius-mythology-two-sun-solar-system/

IMO, the Yuga cycle is the greater wheel and precession of equinoxes is the smaller wheel. One Yuga cycle has many "Great Years" or precession cycles of 25,920 years. So, Yuga cycle sets the overall tone. If we are currently in Kali Yuga, coming age of Aquarius will still be part of Dark Age (Kali Yuga). It will be different and distinctive from other ages but still within frame of Kali Yuga.

Cap, have you chosen a start-year for the sidereal Aquarian Age?

Last edited:

david starling

Have you chosen a start-year for the sidereal Aquarian Age?

The direct-motion tropical Ages have start-years based on precession of the Earth's Perihelion through the tropical zodiac, which is set using astronomy. Although, with orbital oscillation of the true-setting, there's both first ingress in 2047, and the median "mean" ingress in 2149 for the upcoming tropical Aquarian Age

With the variable settings of a sidereal zodiac, with 12 equal-signs dividing 12 unequal-length constellations, the position of the sign-boundary for sidereal Aquarius is accordingly variable.. The designated Age-marker is almost always the First Point of Spring in the northern hemisphere, aka the Vernal Point (V.P.) which is also known as the First Point of Tropical Aries. When the precessional Age-marker ingresses the chosen setting for sidereal Aquarius, that's the start-year for the sidereal Aquarian Age.

Moving the sign-boundary changes the sidereal start-year by 71.6 years per degree, so it's important to decide just where one thinks it should be located, even though others will disagree.

Last edited:

david starling

I'm focusing on the tropical zodiac, but I have what I think is a reasonable way to set the sidereal signs from an alternative Modernist perspective, even though it disagrees with the Vedic and Modernistic Western sidereal ayanamsas.

For me, Regulus is the most obvious choice for setting the 12 equal-signs. With the First Point of Sidereal Leo located on Regulus, it's a 2012 start-year for the retrograde sidereal Age of Aquarius. 2012 also coincides with the ancient Mayan "long count" calculations.

Western Sidereal uses Aldebaran to center the sidereal sign Taurus, and the other signs fall into place from there. Spica is important for Vedic. These various ayanamsas have far-distant sidereal Aquarian Age start-years around about 2400 A.D.

Last edited:

Opal

Premium Member

A fun read for you, and David.🙂