Age of Aquarius May Not Be So Great

david starling

The Aquarius Age as fixed will see a resolution of the fluid socio-political systems in Pisces and over centuries, unification as a world system.

I'm saying it's been a forefront Pisces/background Aries combination for this Age. It was a forefront Aries/background Taurus combination for the previous Age. And, it will be forefront Aquarius/background Pisces for the next, upcoming Age.

There's an overlapping continuity to these extremely long time-span Ages. Each new Age develops against the backdrop of the previous Age. Mars is due to entirely lose its sidereal Age-rulership authority,, since Pisces will have completely replaced Aries in the Age Window at the start of the Age of Aquarius.

That should mean an end to war, and usher in a new socio-political paradigm based on cooperation and partnership, rather than being based on violence.

dr. farr

For me, I wonder if the planets are relevant to the quality of a given age? Or rather are the stars of the ruling constellation of the age those causes which give the quality and tone to how the age plays out? I do not know the answer to that question, but lean somewhat to the stars giving the quality of influence, rather than the planets.

Opal

Premium Member
For me, I wonder if the planets are relevant to the quality of a given age? Or rather are the stars of the ruling constellation of the age those causes which give the quality and tone to how the age plays out? I do not know the answer to that question, but lean somewhat to the stars giving the quality of influence, rather than the planets.

Thinking of the ages, let’s say 500,000,000 years divided by 25,000.

It says the planets will realign again. But, it is not quite like that is it? For the planets may be there, but everything is not exactly the same every 25,000.

If we use 360 degrees and rotate around, throughout ages, it would arrive back at the same degree eventually, and have a similar thing as we have now. But Pisces Age next, will not be exactly the same, but after rotating Through the 360, maybe. 🙂😁😁

david starling

Well, in the sidereal context, the Vernal Point transits and marks the forefront Age sign. The signs, which contain the constellations, don't transit, so whatever qualities a sign imparts accrue to the transiting VP, just they accrue to the Ascendant in the natal chart. Then the Asc ruler becomes vital to the entire chart, relative to the individual's total makeup.

The Age-sign ruler affects the entire world population, as seen in each individual's natal chart, with differing influence depending on how it's disposited in each chart. This goes on for millennia regarding that same Age-sign ruler. People make the Age what it is!

david starling

To know how the sidereal Age-sign rulers, forefront and background affect a natal or mundane chart, it's necessary to draw a sidereal chart, since the VP can't transit in tropical coordinates--it's too busy locating the first point of tropical Aries.

But, to do THAT, one has to choose an ayanamsa! Aye, there's the rub!

david starling

It says the planets will realign again. But, it is not quite like that is it? For the planets may be there, but everything is not exactly the same every 25,000.

If we use 360 degrees and rotate around, throughout ages, it would arrive back at the same degree eventually, and have a similar thing as we have now. But Pisces Age next, will not be exactly the same, but after rotating Through the 360, maybe. 🙂😁😁

How long before the Sun goes Nova? Now that would put a damper on things! :lol:

dr. farr

david starling;1166847 But said:
Indeed so! I am not satisfied with any of the dozen or so ayanamsa which have been proposed over the past 150 years, and certainly not with the 2 leading ayanamsas currently predominant in Vedic astrology; your idea of discrete 30 deg tropical signs constituting the precessional ages is interesting and seems to solve the problem, but for me-I still cannot say that I have any answer to this issue of precessional ages…

david starling

Indeed so! I am not satisfied with any of the dozen or so ayanamsa which have been proposed over the past 150 years, and certainly not with the 2 leading ayanamsas currently predominant in Vedic astrology; your idea of discrete 30 deg tropical signs constituting the precessional ages is interesting and seems to solve the problem, but for me-I still cannot say that I have any answer to this issue of precessional ages…

I'm putting a LOT of stock in the precessional Ages, and even came up with an alternative tropical version using the Age Window method.

I need empirical results that show tangible correlations. So, I tested the Western Sidereal ayanamsa developed by Fagan-Bradley, with sidereal Taurus exactly centered on Aldebaran, "The Eye of the Bull".

Good results for this Pisces/Aries Age. The Age using that ayanamsa begins in 228 AD, when the previously forefront Age of Aries became background to the new forefront Age of Pisces. Rome began crumbling, and by 5 degrees of the Age, it was like a whole new ballgame in the West and the Middle East, complete with the new Anno Domini dating system and the beginnings of two new dominant religions after the fall of ancient Rome.

The middle of the Age, at 1300 AD, marks the beginning of the Renaissance period and more new developments. Then by the 3rd Decant, it was the second half of the 17th Century, when Isaac Newton revolutionized Physics, marking the beginning of the Modern Era.

That's not a bad series of correllatons!

david starling

There's a theory that it's an upward spiral, rather than a flat circle. So, each new beginning of the Great Year will be more evolved than the last.

david starling

I can go back further for important correlations, but the dates get more and more obscure, and the correlations require a fairly accurate timeline. For example, the beginning of the sidereal Age of forefront Aries/background Taurus ushered in the first actual recordings of the Babylonian zodiac which led to our current zodiac as described by Ptolemy and Valens, who lived at the very end of that Age.

And, in the middle period of the Age before that, Taurus forefront/Gemini background, was when city state culture and a host of new inventions, including writing, became well developed in the Tigris Euphrates region. Notice the prominence of the planet Venus, named Inanna , "Queen of the Heavens" (who became known as Ishtar somewhat later), and Thoth of ancient Egypt, forerunner of Mercury, ruler of the background Age-sign, Gemini.

That began the theme of city state culture, which eventually ended the Neolithic way of life in the West. The massive pyramids of ancient Egypt suggest the Fixed-Earth sign Taurus, in my estimation, and Osrius was sometimes associated with Bull symbolism, as Isis was sometimes associated with the cow.

Last edited:

paul1

pyramids of ancient Egypt suggest the Fixed-Earth sign Taurus.

From the intuitive position the triangle represents Aries. Mechanical penetration is achieved with a triangle at the head, Taurus would be the shaft. This is also the relationship between the cardinal and fixed sign.

Last edited:

piercethevale

I think the emanation of the Signs is directed through our own Sun somehow, relative to the central Sun, r.e. the Yugas of Vedic lore. The planets are possibly the conductors of that energy, the Sun being the receiver.

david starling

I think the emanation of the Signs is directed through our own Sun somehow, relative to the central Sun, r.e. the Yugas of Vedic lore. The planets are possibly the conductors of that energy, the Sun being the receiver.

I believe the Ages are channeled directly through the Ecliptic itself, with the Earth/Sun relationships determining where the Age markers are located on the circle of the zodiac. I see them as "Earth's Astrological Ages".

I have a very "down to Earth" view of them!

dr. farr

Years ago I posted a quotation from Origen (dated 240 AD!) in which this early church father mentioned a progression of ages connected with “the visible signs and the invisible signs”, meaning by visible signs the zodiacal constellations and by invisible signs what we now call the tropical signs (of common western astrology); interestingly Origen went on to say that the invisible signs were likely the ones that were operative inn the changing of ages; Origen is the very earliest source I have found specifically mentioning a changing of astrological ages, his writing on this @240AD being just 50 years afterPtolemy, and coming from the same city as Ptolemy (Alexandria, Egypt). My post of Origen’s full quote was on skyscript back in 2010.

(Note; Origen was co-founder of the catechetical school of early Christianity in Alexandria and presented Christianity with a decided neo-platonic/hermetic flavor; he and his teachings were later condemned by various church authorities and most of his books were consigned to the flames as being heretical)

Last edited:

david starling

Years ago I posted a quotation from Origen (dated 240 AD!) in which this early church father mentioned a progression of ages connected with “the visible signs and the invisible signs”, meaning by visible signs the zodiacal constellations and by invisible signs what we now call the tropical signs (of common western astrology); interestingly Origen went on to say that the invisible signs were likely the ones that were operative inn the changing of ages; Origen is the very earliest source I have found specifically mentioning a changing of astrological ages, his writing on this @240AD being just 50 years afterPtolemy, and coming from the same city as Ptolemy (Alexandria, Egypt). My post of Origen’s full quote was on skyscript back in 2010.

The 12 equal signs are measured divisions of the Ecliptic. So, one sign's length of arc is "the part that represents the whole" of the Ecliptic. And due to precession, when it's located using a precessional point (like the VP), it transits the circle of sign divisions aligning with one at a time. When alignment with one sign division is complete, it begins aligning with the next. I was calling it the "Age Interval", but I think maybe "Age Window" is a better description.

This Age Window for the sidereal zodiac is one of those "invisible signs" of the tropical.

david starling

Why not the planets that rule the Age-signs? And, we receive that energy in our charts?

A chart itself is located on the Sun's path around the Earth.

Btw, is it possible that Moon Aquarians have difficulty expressing themselves through speaking and writing? I have the problem you mentioned.

SunConjunctUranus

Why not the planets that rule the Age-signs? And, we receive that energy in our charts?

A chart itself is located on the Sun's path around the Earth.

Btw, is it possible that Moon Aquarians have difficulty expressing themselves through speaking and writing? I have the problem you mentioned.

That doesn't make any sense. Eminem's aqua moon, a great orator you can possiblly imagine.