Afflicted Leo Sun in 5th - no self-esteem

Sebastien Cheritte

[FONT=&quot]"If the Sun is in sect (can only happen as lord of the 5th) but afflicted by Saturn and debilitated it can indicate having to overcome obstacles for love (as in Romeo and Juliet). If however, the Sun is out of sect and in a bad figure with Saturn, then the native lacks confidence in themselves or they suffer because of unrequited love. This is because the darkness of Saturn overcomes the light of the Sun at night, and the native does not see what their self expression produces."

- I found this description of Sun in 5th House...

The reason I've posted it here, is because I'd like an opinion of this afflicted Sun, where is sits in the House and whether it looks to you like it's out of sect (that is of course because I don't know what "out of sect" means)

I have problems with self-confidence though, I assumed it's because of changing countries and now being somewhere foreign to me entirely, but lack the understanding of the chart to know if that is because of this particular aspect.

Please infer.. I appreciate all comments[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]

Attachments

• Sebastien Cheritte - with Astroids.jpg
    Sebastien Cheritte - with Astroids.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 46
Could you possibly repost without all the asteriods as I can hardly see what's aspecting what here...

The description you posted comes from Traditonal Astrology not western modern astrology.
House systems Traditional v Modern
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8463

Your sun is square saturn and pluto which shows a problem relating to father, men and/or authority figures. Also it looks to be in a grand trine :)
Uranus conj MC and Square Asc could be a source of problem, perhaps this thread may enlighten you.
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22573

Arian Maverick

"If the Sun is in sect (can only happen as lord of the 5th) but afflicted by Saturn and debilitated it can indicate having to overcome obstacles for love (as in Romeo and Juliet). If however, the Sun is out of sect and in a bad figure with Saturn, then the native lacks confidence in themselves or they suffer because of unrequited love. This is because the darkness of Saturn overcomes the light of the Sun at night, and the native does not see what their self expression produces."

This is an interesting description. Thanks for sharing!

The reason I've posted it here, is because I'd like an opinion of this afflicted Sun, where is sits in the House and whether it looks to you like it's out of sect (that is of course because I don't know what "out of sect" means)

Here's a definition of sect, courtesy of Wikipedia: Astrology of sect.

Since your sun is below the horizon, and the sun is a diurnal planet, it would be out of sect.

(can only happen as lord of the 5th)

I also wish to clarify another astrological term, both for myself and for others reading this thread. This definition is courtesy of the Astrology Weekly website: Lord - Astrology Encyclopedia.

Often used synonymously with Ruler. More precise terminology would indicate the Ruler of a Sign and the Lord of a House. Thus a certain planet may be deemed Lord of a House, either because it is posited in the House, or, lacking any planet in the House, because it is the Ruler of the Sign appearing on the cusp thereof. The Lord of the Geniture would be more precisely termed the Ruler of the Figure, meaning that planet having the most Dignities, either Essential or Accidental. The Lord of the Hour is that planet which is presumed to govern the hour during which the Figure was cast. The Lord of the Year is that planet which has the most Dignities in a Solar Revolution Figure, or in an Ingress figure to be interpreted according to the rules of Mundane Astrology.

As you inferred, your Sun is the Lord of the Fifth House because it is posited in the House. However, an individual who does not have any planets in the fifth house and has the sign Leo on the cusp of the fifth house also has the Sun as the Lord of the Fifth House. This is true of my own natal chart.

but afflicted by Saturn and debilitated

Finally, here is the definition of debility, courtesy of Wikipedia: Debility (astrology).

In astrology, a debility is referred to when a planet or other celestial body is in the sign of its detriment or fall.

Here's the part that confuses me: must the Sun be afflicted by Saturn and debilitated (i.e. located in Aquarius or Libra) for this description to apply, or may one of these qualities suffice? I am curious because, although my natal Sun is indeed afflicted by Saturn, it is in the sign of its exaltation--Aries. However, the description of the native "lack[ing] confidence in themselves" certainly applies to me, although one may expect this with all afflicted first house planets.

Arian Maverick

Last edited:

Sebastien Cheritte

Thank You Astrologer50, it's not the first time you've pushed me in the right direction!

I wonder...

What system relies on decanates, is it also outdated? Because I have begun a search into that, looking very interesting.

If I have squares to THOSE particular two (Pluto & Saturn), don't you suppose It's because I have been choosing to ignore my duties in hopes that they will go away, thinking I will outlast them, though this is misconception and immediate defeat!? - Hah, Rhetorical question. I know the answer.

Thank you anyway, I love that my path has become ridden with thorns and sharp edges these days... it makes me want to try harder!!!

:)

- One more thing... Obviously I shouldn't ignore the dotted green lines lines... Are they just dotted and green for te sake of not confusing the eyes? I.OW.: are they important?

Attachments

• Sebastien Cheritte - No Asteroids.jpg
    Sebastien Cheritte - No Asteroids.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:

Lin

You're not 'good' with women. You don't know how to be romantic in a way that engages women. You aren't diplomatic with women/love. You may be very critical or judgemental and don't realize how negative that is for affection of all kinds. You Sun is a problem, but so is the Venus square Uranus and the other negative aspects affecting the fifth house and Venus and the Moon (feelings.)
The green lines are connecting the inconjunct aspects.
You need to dig deeply into your own actions and objective observe your own character. Take one or two good friends into your confidence (whom you trust) and ask them if they have observed behavior that might turn women off to you, or that pushes people away.
We learn bad habits as children when we pick up these traits from people around us and they negatively 'program us." Until you understand what actions you are taking that are negatively impacting your goals when it comes to love and romance, and having a long term loving relationship, or even friendships, you won't know what to do to change anything.
LIN

rahu

Banned
if find your lack of self esteem a function of various dymanics
the sun/mars midpoint is square to thje saturn/pluto conjunction.this conjunction by itself is low self esteem symbol.here through the midpoint square it affects you.but this indicates that constrictive and potentially abusive environments play a big part of your negative self image.
your Tsquare with venus square the jupiter/uransu oppositio to chiron gives quite a lift to your nature actually a very intense and active social presence.it may be that these two opposite impulses have given you a bipolar nature .you seem to go through mood swings as chiron is biquintile to saturn and pluto,tying your depressive aspects with your manic aspects.
when one expereinces extreme ups and down,a toll is taken on the psrts of your personality needed for the routine emotional responses of "normality".

then the moon square to neptune gives you a very fluid personality that is easily dumbfounded by the unexpects swing of moods and events.

this moon position can also give you "visions" as your astral connection is already strong with uranus's position and aspects.your psychic intuitions may tend to be on the morose side,acttenuating your feeling of low esteem.

rahu

Leo Sun in the 5th is actually not afflicted, but your saving grace, in my opinion. It's in its ruling house, and oh so happy! The temperamental issues are with the Pisces Asc. and Moon, and your Saturn/Pluto conjunction in the 8th. You have lots of the "markers" of someone is is very intuitive and psychically sensitive. I would encourage you to be aware of your surroundings and take time to be alone with your own feelings and thoughts. If you're sponging everyone else's, it can really weigh down even the most chipper Leo.

The Saturn/Pluto conjunction is very heavy energetically, and is opposite your house of self worth and self esteem. I think that with all the indications of creativity that you will do very well to pursue creative outlets. Anyone who tells you to stick to traditional is probably stuck in their own world view of work, which isn't relevant to your life. Your views are relevant to your own life. Your talents are part of your destiny and shouldn't be wasted because of someone else's narrow viewpoint.

Know thyself, love thyself:smile:

Wishing you all the best!

Sebastien Cheritte

You know... just saw this last post... I think, WOW, thanks.

It's not very often that I get words of encouragement that ACTUALLY encourage me. except for every time I visit this site.

I wrote a track called "know thyself" about 3 years ago.

It's still the best piece of music I believe I've ever made. I am an absolutist, so your advice comes in handy right about now when I'm about to do some things to shake the ground I'm standing on, things are becoming a little "too familiar" and so I plan to break this cycle/norm.

- To go find myself.
- I'm quite in the habit of making threats though, perhaps I will actually do it this time.

I've been doing thorough research in my chart, finding many reasons why I am uhhrrggmmm, Special - :D
Look, I actually believe I have to do something quite different for a change. See, I happen to do a 3 card spread 2 days ago.
The first card was to describe my circumstances, the second: my 1st option. the third card: an alternative option.

how that panned out?:

1st Card. 8 of Pentacles
2nd Card: 7 of Wands
3rd card: XX AEON

Now what makes me think my life is about to change... being comfortably in the habit of choosing the easy road and never achieving any form of satisfaction permanently from that, I've found that there is only one last box to open...

This is very precisely advocated by the aspects to Uranus:
F1RST: That it's the pinnacle of the kite in 9th/Jupiter/Sagittarius Square ASC & Trine Sol gives energy for EXPERIMENTATION through Mind, Body & 'Soul'. - how wasn't that an accident!? :D

5ECOND: You have to go against the grain sometimes!

Anyway guys, I'm done here - Reading charts is an excuse to stay seated.
:devil:

Big Thank you and lots of hugs :D

Astro Five Oh!
Arian Maverick
Dhundhun
Lin
Rahu
Stargazerk8

Farewell, and thank you all for keeping this thread alive. ;) kisses