Abortion - Your Opinion

Your Take?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dirius

Its a bit ironic to see all of these progressive feminists who post on this thread, defend sex-selective abortions and the right for some ethnic groups to discard female fetuses.

chay

Banned
Well most abortions worldwide are of female fetuses. Its called sex-selective abortions.

Countries such as China, the aborted babies are almost exclusively women. Same thing in Cuba. Same thing in India.

Same in Canada. Same in the U.S.

A lot of "female empowerment" right? :wink:

If you're not a woman, nor pregnant, nor responsible for a female embryo why is your business? I don't know about U.S & Canada but baby girls born in poverty in India and China can live a life of hardship, suffering & misery. In India before they allowed late term abortions, mothers would feed their baby girls uncooked rice to choke and kill them, because the suffering they would bear if they survived was too much & their existence was a burden of suffering on the rest of the family. In a country where a widow was thrown alive on her husbands funeral pyre & where rape and gang rape is so prevalent and dangerous abortion is extremely empowering.

chay

Banned
Its a bit ironic to see all of these progressive feminists who post on this thread, defend sex-selective abortions and the right for some ethnic groups to discard female fetuses.

I find it predictable that a conservative male would criticise women from third world countries for abortion without actually considering the misery it would cause their mothers and the misery and suffering they would experience if they were born into that situation.

Dirius

If you're not a woman, nor pregnant, nor responsible for a female embryo why is your business? I don't know about U.S & Canada but baby girls born in poverty in India and China can live a life of hardship, suffering & misery. In India before they allowed late term abortions, mothers would feed their baby girls uncooked rice to choke and kill them, because the suffering they would bear if they survived was too much & their existence was a burden of suffering on the rest of the family. In a country where a widow was thrown alive on her husbands funeral pyre & where rape and gang rape is so prevalent and dangerous abortion is extremely empowering.

Yeah, but you also approve of the specific targeting of female fetuses for eradication, and you call that "empowering".:lol:

chay

Banned
Yeah, but you also approve of the specific targeting of female fetuses for eradication, and you call that "empowering".:lol:

Yes I do, I think women in those cultures would do better for their female descendants by pursuing education, financial independence & political power than giving birth to children they cannot provide for or keep safe.

Dirius

I find it predictable that a conservative male would criticise women from third world countries for abortion without actually considering the misery it would cause their mothers and the misery and suffering they would experience if they were born into that situation.
I find it predictable that progressives wouldn't care about the specific targeting of females because it goes against the narrative, without actually realising abortion in most its forms is a form of population control, particularly used in full force against women. :lol:

Last edited:

Dirius

Yes I do, I think women in those cultures would do better for their female descendants by pursuing education, financial independence & political power than giving birth to children they cannot provide for or keep safe.

Yeah but also... killing them right?

chay

Banned
Yeah but also... killing them right?

You know a woman could be shedding a fertilised egg most months right? I have chickens, I have no trouble eating eggs with a spot of blood- embryo-in them. Chickens will abandon eggs with chicks actually trying to peck their way out and leave them to go cold and die in order to take the hatched chicks to food. Once I would've been too nervous to argue with a male about abortion, in case he thought me unmotherly. Now that I'm older I've yet to meet a man who can make the same sacrifices a woman makes to raise a child. I had male friends who were solo dads and myself and other female friends helped them raise their kids. No surprise one male who's two oldest children I fed, changed, bathed, looked after for year for free didn't help me once when I became a single mother. You can sit here all day arguing about abortion with me, but you are coming from a place of opinion and theory, not experience so I don't see why you bother. Go get a vasectomy or preach to men to stop rape and abuse and get your head out of uteruses you don't belong in.

david starling

I find it predictable that progressives wouldn't care about the specific targeting of females because it goes against the narrative, without actually realising abortion in most its forms is a form of population control, particularly used in full force against women. :lol:

Women are CHOOSING to have abortions in the U.S.

Women in Mexico have been choosing it, even if it meant going to jail.

No one is forcing them here.

passiflora

You know a woman could be shedding a fertilised egg most months right? I have chickens, I have no trouble eating eggs with a spot of blood- embryo-in them. Chickens will abandon eggs with chicks actually trying to peck their way out and leave them to go cold and die in order to take the hatched chicks to food. Once I would've been too nervous to argue with a male about abortion, in case he thought me unmotherly. Now that I'm older I've yet to meet a man who can make the same sacrifices a woman makes to raise a child. I had male friends who were solo dads and myself and other female friends helped them raise their kids. No surprise one male who's two oldest children I fed, changed, bathed, looked after for year for free didn't help me once when I became a single mother. You can sit here all day arguing about abortion with me, but you are coming from a place of opinion and theory, not experience so I don't see why you bother. Go get a vasectomy or preach to men to stop rape and abuse and get your head out of uteruses you don't belong in.

This is where we die of embarrassment for whoever you were arguing with.

Orthodox Catholicism has a REAL problem when it comes to women's reproductive rights!

It's not "murder of a human being" until it has a functioning brain. Until then, it's a POTENTIAL human being, so no murder occurs in the early stages.

By Orthodox Catholics do you mean Orthodox Christians like the ones in Eastern Europe, Greece and the Chrisitans in the middle east or do you mean Catholics like the ones in the rest of the Western world? Abortion is legal in all Eastern European countries except Poland (which is a catholic country). And abortion has been legal for many many years. I know people that were born years before WW2 even started that got abortions legally. You keep mentioning Christianity I don't know if you have some spite against it or you are just that uneducated about other religions or cultures but most religions in the world are against abortion in some form. Many countries just allow it if the pregnancy is a great risk for the health/life of the mother.

Dirius

Your emotional response, just shows the lack of an argument behind it.

I honestly don't care about personal situation, because that does not entitle you to certain actions. You are a single mother, and have experienced issues rising your children ... and that gives you the right to kill another human being? It doesn't. Your personal situation is meaningless when dealing with another person's life.

You tend to bring up your personal life a lot, which kind of explains why you feel so wronged by men, but these examples don't really make a compelling case for abortion, they just imply you've spent most of your life involved with worthless loosers.

Last edited:

chay

Banned

I honestly don't care about personal situation, because that does not entitle you to certain actions. You are a single mother, and have experienced issues rising your children ... and that gives you the right to kill another human being? It doesn't. Your personal situation is meaningless when dealing with another person's life.

You tend to bring up your personal life a lot, which kind of explains why you feel so wronged by men, but these examples don't really make a compelling case for abortion, they just imply you've spent most of your life involved with worthless loosers.

I'm arguing with one now. You don't have a compelling case against abortion. & if your opinion is neither scientific nor emotional its a pretty worthless opinion. I find you to be someone who thinks in stereotypes & I will say again your misogyny sticks out like dogs bollocks. So from here, on the farm I rent myself, where I dwell with my daughter-who supports herself financially & is independent & her lovely man who has a good career and does the bulk of their housework because she is usually outside doing farm stuff I can assure you I'm no victim. I was when young, I fought my way out of it & can't off the top of my head think of one man who crossed me that I haven't reduced to tears. I don't feel bad about it either. I pity your limited perspective & I'm glad nobody in real life with your sad outlook dares argue with me on such subjects.

chay

Banned
I'm arguing with one now. You don't have a compelling case against abortion. & if your opinion is neither scientific nor emotional its a pretty worthless opinion. I find you to be someone who thinks in stereotypes & I will say again your misogyny sticks out like dogs bollocks. So from here, on the farm I rent myself, where I dwell with my daughter-who supports herself financially & is independent & her lovely man who has a good career and does the bulk of their housework because she is usually outside doing farm stuff I can assure you I'm no victim. I was when young, I fought my way out of it & can't off the top of my head think of one man who crossed me that I haven't reduced to tears. I don't feel bad about it either. I pity your limited perspective & I'm glad nobody in real life with your sad outlook dares argue with me on such subjects.

Aren't you pro-gun? People have the right to defend themselves and their property by killing someone? I wouldn't take the life of someone who took material things. I'm not so afraid that I need to cart a killing machine around with me.

chay

Banned

I just counted & in this thread I brought up my personal experiences once. I used one example of where I martyred myself to help raise the children of a single man. So if I martyr myself for my entire life for an unwanted pregnancy I'm virtuous but if I sacrifice hours of my life willingly to help a living child in front of me that needs my support I'm a victim, who hangs out with losers? You have no experience to share, just judgement.

chay

Banned
I just counted & in this thread I brought up my personal experiences once. I used one example of where I martyred myself to help raise the children of a single man. So if I martyr myself for my entire life for an unwanted pregnancy I'm virtuous but if I sacrifice hours of my life willingly to help a living child in front of me that needs my support I'm a victim, who hangs out with losers? You have no experience to share, just judgement.

Unless you count I mentioned having chickens twice.

Dirius

Attacking me personally just shows you don't have much of an argument, something you tend to do often in most discussions, and rambling about your personal life experiences, while pitiful, doesn't add much to the conversation. Your poor life choices don't really concern me.

Dirius

Aren't you pro-gun? People have the right to defend themselves and their property by killing someone? I wouldn't take the life of someone who took material things. I'm not so afraid that I need to cart a killing machine around with me.

In the example you have mentioned, another person has stepped over your rights - and you are entitled to defend yourself from such an attack. However this does not mean your are entitled to kill someone just because you feel like it, even if they are inside your property. For example, you can't invite a friend over to your home and then murder them because he is under your roof.

In the case of the fetus, its an entity produced by your body, not something alien which has invaded your person, and it is not stepping over your rights, quite the contrary - and is yet an independant being on its own that has the same inherent human rights as you and me.

If a fetus has human rights, like you and me, you can't just kill him because you feel like it. You have to respect those rights.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.