A Love Triangle

C0rnholio

I have an interesting question. I recently found myself in a the middle of a very peculiar situation. The classic love triangle where "A" loves "B" and "B" loves "C", and I happen to be the "B" in the middle.

A ---> B ---> C

or

A :love:---> B
B :love:---> C

Being the "B" person, I am able to experience both ends and also see both relationships. What weird is how amazingly similar these two parallel relationships are. A relates to B pretty much exactly the same way that B relates to C. A and B idealize B and C, respectively. They receive energy, motivation, clarity of thoughts and goals, new experiences, new ways of thinking, and even a more defined meaning of life from their respective B and C people. B and C are flattered by the attention but are not in love with the other person. In both cases In fact, they are feeling a little smothered and caged by A and B, respectively. They want to keep their freedom and think that this freedom would be taken away or somehow altered in a manner that they won't like if they let their guards down and let the other person in. B and C even tried to end the relationships several times. They are respectful, however, and have been trying to be gentle about it. But A and B have been trying really hard many times to maintain their relationships and almost went to extremes to keep B and C, respectfully. The similarities of the two relationships are striking. Even the minor details about the break-up and reunions repeated in both relations.

Just FYI, the relationships stretch over several years, and in one case there is even a significant geographical distance between the parties involved, so technically no cheating or any unfair play has occurred. Also, both relationships are sort of in a hibernation now. Brewing and heating up.

My questions are:

1) What does A love about B, that B loves about C?

2) Why doesn't B love A
and why doesn't C love B?

Here are the charts:

A+B synastry

B+C synastry

A+B composite

B+C composite

C0rnholio

I have been looking at all the charts for months. I did not see any strong patterns. Both A and B are Leo's, so love is important to their well-being. The composite charts have Suns in the 10th and the 1st houses, so the relationships are important. There are lots of stong aspects in the A-B synastry chart, but lots of stress in the composite chart. There are fewer strong aspects in the B-C synastry chart, and also less stress in the composite chart. Person A doesn't make any harmonious aspects with the B's Venus. All other personal planets make at least a few harmonious aspects.

I came close to answering the first question when I bought Liz Greene's horoscopes for these two relationships earlier this year. The way her horoscopes are written, it's not easy to figure out from what she makes her interpretations. The section called "What Brings You Together", which I assume is the basic synastry, has a section called "A Redeemer Cometh", which basically says that A loves B and B loves C. Here is what is says about A-B:

"Your partner "A" is likely to experience intensely idealised feelings
about what you symbolise for her - a magical and charismatic spirit
with great creative power. To her you embody all that she longs to
become, and this deep need and longing may cause her to play a
kind of chameleon-like role in an effort to become what you desire,
so that she will not lose you. You in turn probably have strong feelings
of loyalty, generosity and protectiveness toward "A", as
though you can sense that you provide her with a source of energy
and meaning. But there is an idealised and elusive element in your
attraction which may at times leave you feeling deeply disillusioned
and disappointed. You may be a little too enchanted by your
partner’s extremely romantic way of courting you, and perhaps not
understanding enough of the deep vulnerability and unconscious
envy which lie behind such a performance alongside the love she
feels for you.

If she tries too hard to act out some unreal fantasy of a perfect
lover in the hope of keeping your affection, she may eventually let
you down or betray you out of a sense of anger and failure; and if
you are too in love with the feelings of strength and confidence
which her idealised love inspires in you, you may find yourself
caught in playing the part of the redeemer at the expense of your
own very real needs. There is a kind of emotional fog or confusion
which sometimes settles on you both, a mass of superhuman expectations
which can be a recipe for considerable disappointment. Yet if
you can learn to be more realistic with each other, "A" can offer
you a deeply poignant and unselfish love, and you in turn can offer
her the strengths of your unique personality as support and inspiration."

To read about the B-C relationship you can replace "A" with "B" and "her" with "him". So this is why A loves B but B loves C. But for the life of me I cannot see where Liz found this Redeemer aspect in these charts. Can you see him/her?

Last edited:
If she tries too hard to act out some unreal fantasy of a perfect
lover in the hope of keeping your affection, she may eventually let
you down or betray you out of a sense of anger and failure; and if
you are too in love with the feelings of strength and confidence
which her idealised love inspires in you, you may find yourself
caught in playing the part of the redeemer at the expense of your
own very real needs. There is a kind of emotional fog or confusion
which sometimes settles on you both, a mass of superhuman expectations
which can be a recipe for considerable disappointment.

I can see exactly what she is referring to it's your venusB square his neptune C and your neptune conj his sun. In the composite B/C venus is conj uranus (the divorece aspect)

Composite tends to reflect more the projection that you two make as a couple, while the Davidson represents the purpose/character of the relationship, and also outside forces working on the relationship .
The Composite chart is a completely mathematical construct-the planetary positions will not be found in an ephemeris. The Davidson chart is based on an actual time and place that is halfway between the two natals-the planetary positions will be found in an ephemeris

C0rnholio

I can see exactly what she is referring to it's your venusB square her neptune C and your neptune conj her sun. In the composite B/C venus is conj uranus (the divorce aspect)
Oh! Thanks, astrologer50! I can now see this too in the B-C synastry chart.

But where are these same patterns in the A-B relationships, and why do they work in reverse there? Why does A love B but B doesn't love A? Why does Venus B get fascinated by Neptune C but not by Neptune A (even though Neptune A and Neptune C are very close)? Why it is it B who is being compelled to play the role of the Redeemer in the A-B relationship and not A?

Thank you for the divorce warning. Does that there is a marriage possibility too? LOL! I am not even sure whether to take it as a good or a bad sign, I feel like such a loser in the B-C relationship, LOL!

Thank you for the Davison chart explanation. I will play with then and report back.

Natasha

Your in both of the equations and therefore I would be looking at what is going on astrologically for you regarding
1 - how did your psyche somehow participate in this occuring ie your are loved by someone who does not love you and at the exact same time you love someone who does not love you
2 - Have you had this scenario before if so then its an experiantial pattern for you
3 - You are asking why this is so which is positive as Although though I feel that the synastry does not hold the key you are infact questioning this.
I shall have a look at your chart & give you some areas which you may like to explore but the exploraation by you is a part of the answer I feel