8th house

B

Bingobango

Does anyone know how I can find out what planet is in my 8th house?
March 3rd 1986
Birmingham UK

Elianah

You are also going to need to know the time of your birth so the houses can be drawn accurately. The other thing you will need to do is decide on the house system you want to use.

For example, if I use Placidus or Koch house systems, my natal Uranus is in the 9th house. If I use Prophyry, my natal Uranus is in the 8th. This flavors my Uranus differently because of the stage (i.e. house) it is performing on.

Amazon1963

Oh, wow! I did not know this, Elianah, about the differing house positions when using different systems. Still very much a novice here. Thank you!
I might try that on my own chart, even though I am fairly satisfied with my chart using the Placidus system. Could be an interesting interpretation!

Amazon1963

Lapis

I agree that the House System used is important. I used Placidus for many years, not because I thought it was THE best but because I simply hadn't discovered the other ones! Then I discovered Koch and now that's all I use.

When I had my natal done using the Koch House System, 3 planets changed houses!!! :shock: Experiment with your natal and create a chart using the different House Systems, then sit and stare........discern, intuit which natal chart is YOUR natal chart. Don't think too much, your gut will tell you which one is correct for you.