8th house moon

HeyPlayGirl

i have an 8th house gemini moon, trine venus, trine pluto, opp mars, opp jupiter, opp neptune.

basically, i hate my mom!
there are different rxplanations about what an 8th house moon could be but for me, and i'm sure others, it just means the mother is always going to be a ball and chain to you.
ugh

Last edited:
i have an 8th house gemini moon, trine venus, trine pluto, opp mars, opp jupiter, opp neptune.

basically, i hate my mom!
there are different rxplanations about what an 8th house moon could be but for me, and i'm sure others, it just means the mother is always going to be a ball and chain to you.
ugh

Moon opp mars = bossy mother, moon opp neptune is emotional disillusionment connected with mother (I have this one) but it's in cadent houses. Feel you are speaking/acting out your aspects here. That was a rather harsh statement but am sure you have valid reasons--- do you want to post the chart for further comments?

Maira

Hi Astrologer50

With regards to having any medium ship/psychic abilities, I am highly intuitive as well as an emotional empath. My mind is very perceptive although I think that is more my Mercury/Uranus conjunct in Scorpio.

My mother wasn't bossy, she was an immature, neglective, unemotional woman. My grandmother had a lot to do with raising me and she was a very strong, hard, strict woman.
S

Same here, except my grandma was a strong, strict woman with everyone else except me :) (moon in Taurus, I think).

Mom was unemotional and had problems. (Aquarius with lots of Pisces nad Cap planets). She isn't that way now, and I love her to bits, but the situation was not like that when I was a child.

Also, my moon is unaspected (it rarely happens), and I do perceive her as isolated and lonely. The only aspect is a conjunction with Chiron (I felt so much compassion for my mom when I was a child, that it was impossible not to forgive her...).

Moon in the 8th ... I read, that this position makes people popular or famous...
s

Fingers crossed, I work in showbiz, and my moon is the ruler of my MC :lol:

I also read that this position predisposes to early death of the mother (fatalistic astrology, but someone stated that, so I thought I should mention it.) It did not happen to me, I think it rarely does. At least I hope so...

Sunny

I also read that this position predisposes to early death of the mother
Yes, I read this, too. This could also mean that she has been in death danger in her early years. But this depends from the sign where the 8th is in. That was true for my mom. But she reached an old age even when the last years were spent in hospital.

Maira

Yes, I read this, too. This could also mean that she has been in death danger in her early years. But this depends from the sign where the 8th is in. That was true for my mom. But she reached an old age even when the last years were spent in hospital.

My mom was too, when she was a baby! Maybe that explains it...

It's nice that you are all getting something from this very old thread, but since the OP I have discovered a 'new time' which gives a Leo moon in 9th :)

Claire19

I'm resurrecting this old thread cos a friend of mine has Gemini moon in 8th house square uranus,venus and pluto in 11th of scorpio. So he can range from emotionally controlling, obsessive, jealous -- to wanting freedom and independence. Although the venus square moon is usually characterised as stress from early childhood connected to mother, because of the square I also think that his virgo venus in detriment is also debilitated in expressing affection.

Any comments? three nasty squares here :crying: Anyone else with 8th house Moon?

The sign of the Moon will indicate which. People with the Moon in 8th House are commonly born to parents who cannot function at an emotional level. athis placement of the Moon can indicate the loss of a parent early in life in which the child is burdened by the bereaved parent’s emotional needs. Although acutely sensitive to the emotional states of others, they have had little practice in emotional expression early in their lives, tend to be emotionally insecure in adulthood

http://www.dkfoundation.co.uk/BookKarmaHouse8.htm
I know of someone with an 8th house moon who lost a parent whilst still in the womb. In Taurus it caused severe financial stress to the remaining parent. This person also has a square to Pluto and is sexually and emotionally manipulative and when a lover became pregnant drastic action was taken. Again those who manipulate are also open to manipulation.

Claire19

Early years belong to the 1st house really and there has to be a connection there as well as probably the fourth.

kazman32

I have a pisces moon in the 8th house, among other 'difficult' things, my life hasn't been easy, but I'm sure others have it worse. I too look for answers.

Attachments

• astro_w2gw_01_kevin_hp.40629.22970.gif
    astro_w2gw_01_kevin_hp.40629.22970.gif
    75.4 KB · Views: 32
:crying:You know, I am so glad that I noticed this thread.

I lost my dad last year, and had not ever paid much attention to his chart purely because as he was a leo and I am a scorpio, there was major clashes all my life.

As I grew, I became increasingly aware that there had been problems with his Mum. He told me in the last ten years or so that he had never been allowed to be too close to his Mum, and he in effect took on the role of parent at stages, paying for tv rentals, giving her a job in his firm, things such as that. While she clearly was proud of him, a part of her could not relate emotionally I dont think so. You know what it's like, you just accept them as they are when you are a kid and teenager, and she died when I was 26.

She was deeply flawed after her daughter died aged 11 of polio, and this began her descent, she had my uncle at highland dancing and taught him embroidery. She also taught my dad to embroider, she in effect transferred her loss of her daughter onto her two remaining sons.

One story I could never forgive her for and I was told it twice, was when my dad was a youngster in the 30'40's he was saving up for a bicycle and she took the money, he gave so much as and when he could, and I still feel enraged at her when he believed that he had enough, she told him that she did not have it, she had been spending it. I cannot even begin to sympathise with her, a dreadful dreadful thing to do to a child, he must have been utterly heartbroken and hated her..I hate her for it and I refused point blank to attend her funeral.
Why am I wasting my time writing about this *****?

Dad was psychic and could see spirit, he saw my late Mum several times as well as other people. I have always been able to see spirit in cloud form and outline, and in the last few years before his death, he and I spoke openly about what I could do and what he could do...we agreed together in his last illness that we would keep in touch as best we could and he has been as good as his word, I have had umpteen messages through mediums since last summer.

The other aspect of having the moon in the 8th is the aspect that he always kept in with people who had money, serious money, I never understood what gain he got from this, but he unfortunately passed this trait onto my brother who still to this day choses carefully who he mixes with.....much good it has done him.

Last edited:

Kukka

Have your mothers been seriously troubled from worrying/fearing for your death?

My mother has been worrying for me to an unhealthy extent.. It was not maybe much about me I feel, but more about something else in her head.

I fear for her death too.
Moon 8th h

tanamarios

also , if you have the moon in the 8th house , specially if you have Cancer in the 6th house cusp could die by a illnesses in the stomach or digestive tract.

hollercrombie

also , if you have the moon in the 8th house , specially if you have Cancer in the 6th house cusp could die by a illnesses in the stomach or digestive tract.

hmmm.. thats nice to know, good thing it doesnt count for me.

Anyways my 8th house moon, made me have an odd relationship with my mom, my 8th house is in pisces, so i tended to love my mom no matter what she did, even when she made all the wrong choices, which happened to be all the time. I was very dependent on her, and i really dont know why but i knew she didnt like it. I dont know what it was but i imagined her as my gatekeeper, i did not like to share her at a young age with her boyfriends. Obviously bieng a pisces moon i was often crushed when she always chose a man over her child but in the end i always forgive her...which is kind of dumb when you think about it.

Maira

Have your mothers been seriously troubled from worrying/fearing for your death?

My mother has been worrying for me to an unhealthy extent.. It was not maybe much about me I feel, but more about something else in her head.

I fear for her death too.
Moon 8th h

Yeap, both ways :)

robots

I have a stellium with the Moon, Venus, Saturn, and Ceres all in my 8th house in Aquarius, all squaring Pluto.

I don't have any crazy, sad, or intense stories to share about this. My life has been pretty...well, stable.
But I can definitely relate to the 8th house moon people that love their mom no matter what. I've always considered my mom perfect. No matter how hard I look, I can't find any flaws with her. I love my mommy.
She also has an 8th house moon, conjuct my Asc.

Hmm. Nothing terribly drastic has happened in my life at all. My family and I moved from Russia to America 10 years ago, so maybe that's the huge change. I mean, the moon has its rulership in Cancer, which is the sign of the home. So an 8th house moon could mean moving from one country to another with your family, right?
My family's never had any major issues though, which an 8th house moon seems to cause quite often. My Jupiter's in the 4th house and I have Ceres conjunct my moon, so I got pretty lucky with my family. My parents are still together and seem pretty happy, we have money, and all that fun stuff. I love my family. Even though my dad is probably bipolar (he is a Gemini, after all. Haha.) and my sister has a superiority complex.

I don't think my 8th house moon has added any instability to my life. It's made me get obsessive over things and people, but that's about it.
I think the fact that my moon's in Aquarius and in the 8th, though, has made me consistently want to hide my emotions from almost all people.
I like to have control over what people know about me and usually only tell people the superficial details of my life. That way, they think they know everything but really only a select few people know everything.
I've never really considered hiding my emotions to be a problem, though. The moon sextiles my Mercury, so if I have someone to tell my emotions to, everything is fine.

So yeah...I like my 8th house moon. It's been nice to me.