4th house Neptune

m0ney*p0wer*re$pect

I have this natally, and I want to kind of share y experience with it.

I know that this is the house of family and Neptune is mysteries, my childhood was full of those

I start of with my parental figures, as far as momma and poppa, they weren't there. I didn't meet my father until I was 17, and as a child my mother was home sparingly, devoting most of her time to her horrible relationships. My father, when I was young, was a drug addict and he was in and out of jail so because of that my mother kept him out of my life. My relationship with both of them is extremely strained b/c they are always emotionally distant. She was distant because her relationships seemed more important and he just never made himself to be emotionally available to me. Everytime my mother did come around when I was young, she always brought toys. I think this is why I'm not materlistic because even then I knew I wanted nurturing over toys

M father's identity was hidden from me until I was 17 but I figured it out when I was 12.

Alot of kids at young ages spent time out with other kids, not me not when I as young. I always ran home as it was the place I was the happiest. Even when we would go out of town for visits I would get homesick. When Dorothy says its no place like home, she wasn't lying b/c it's not. I also we that now I probably depend on my family way too much as they have gotten me out of situations numerous times. That's by I'm tryin to mature now because for one, it's time that I mature, and two thy are not always going to be there

It's alot of things I can relate to with this, I read somewhere about the guilt towards a parental figure. I feel alot of guilt for the bad arguments I had as a child with my maternal grandmother cuz she was always there for me and now she has Alzheimer's so no matter how many times I apologize and tell her I love her, it fades away cuz she doesn't remember but I tell her anyway hoping deep down she understands it. I spend a great deal of my time helping her. I've helped alot with this family sacrificing for those go are ungrateful anyway

I also have some Neptune anxieties that are deep and hard to grasp, but my awareness about them has heightened. Also home is where my imagination is the strongest, most likely cuz it's where I'm the unhappiest at the moment

poyi

Premium Member
I also have Neptune in 4th and also had an unusual childhood. My mother sent me away for my father's relative to look after me. My mum once thought about selling me when I was still in her womb. My childhood was full of mysteries...in a horrible way. When I was little under the age of 4; I used to wake up in the middle of the night and played with invisible person. In the toilet by myself and for several years during my early childhood, my family alway believed I was in fact playing with ghosts.

Because of my birth, my mother stayed married with my abusive father for another 11 years. Then we suddenly moved out and rent a small place, only my mum, sister and me, 2 years later by law living in seperate household my father was forced to sign the divorce paper. I used to feel worthless when my mother told me about not wanting me and because of me she was forced to stay in a no love relationship and three of us need to endure our father's abuses...

Lucky enough my Jupiter conjunct IC and is the 4th house cusp's ruler. I moved away from my family and reformed my identity overtime and now people often comment me as a person full of vitality and always behave so brightly like a child with no sorrow or shadow. Jupiter functions as a lamp in the darkest house/unconsious house.

Last edited:

m0ney*p0wer*re$pect

Sorry to hear about your difficult childhood but I'm glad to hear you survived and grew stronger from it. You said something that caught my eye, about the getting way from your family and coming you own identity, I've always felt like I had to get away from my family to better myself I felt like I was overly dependent on them and I also feel like most of my identity issues come from my family, and I had som deep rooted ones

poyi

Premium Member
Sorry to hear about your difficult childhood but I'm glad to hear you survived and grew stronger from it. You said something that caught my eye, about the getting way from your family and coming you own identity, I've always felt like I had to get away from my family to better myself I felt like I was overly dependent on them and I also feel like most of my identity issues come from my family, and I had som deep rooted ones

My situation is that my 4th house also has SN/Ketu. So I have the need to detach to move on to NN/Rahu according to some interpretation. And also because in Sagittarius sign, Jupiter automatically rules over this house and Jupiter is the natural ruler of the 9th. My 9th is Taurus, in my case Jupiter and Venus is in quintile. Jupiter rules Neptune and Neptune square my Mars is the trigger of the chart. Basically, how my life turned! Move to a foreign country to start/build everything again helped me to reform my identity. It was a tough but successful in my case. You can see the negative influence of my mother from Moon/Pluto square and by looking at the condition of Moon and as the natural ruler of 4th. But at the same time, my mother had given me a lot of finical support. Over time, I began to see her wishing for forgiveness....mentally, I understood her, but emotionally, I have little attachment with her since, she wasn't there when was I most needed her as an infant throughout teenage.

I attached my chart here for you to have a look, In both Placidus and whole sign system. In term of personality interpretation, whole sign system describes me much better. This site gives some very insightful interpretations as well, you can also use that as reference.

http://www.rosicrucian.com/mos/moseng11.htm#toc

View attachment 29513View attachment 29514

Last edited:

m0ney*p0wer*re$pect

Whole sign describes who I am better also. That's the chart I use. I'm still dissecting astrology, mainly for personal reasons

That moon Pluto aspect my sister has her moon conj. Pluto in scorpio and she has awful relationship with our mother because of similar reasons, for her not being there when it mattered most. I gave been trying to post my chart but it's difficult to do from the iPhone

m0ney*p0wer*re$pect

My 1st house mars is square that 4th house Neptune and home is where I've faced alot of problems with that aspect, it has me on the brink of an extremist attitude just off of my childhood and I'm fighting it before it sets in. Neptune rules my 6th house, and my family is concerned about my health and household chores seem to slip my mind from day to day. My 4th house ruler(Saturn)is in the third. Idk what that means exactly

poyi

Premium Member
My 1st house mars is square that 4th house Neptune and home is where I've faced alot of problems with that aspect, it has me on the brink of an extremist attitude just off of my childhood and I'm fighting it before it sets in. Neptune rules my 6th house, and my family is concerned about my health and household chores seem to slip my mind from day to day. My 4th house ruler(Saturn)is in the third. Idk what that means exactly

According to "The House Connections: How to read the houses in an astrological chart" by Karen Hamaker-Zondag

The ruler of the 4th in the 3rd
"...our need for emotional security, and our capability for giving warmth and care, are a means of determining out attitude towards facts...in a positive way, we can use our feelings to ascertain or appreciate certain facts, but we can use the same feelings to ignore valuable facts that do not suit our book."

"...generally speaking, the environment most closely involved in our emotional health, namely the family in which we grew up and the family we ourselves have stared, has a strong influence on our attitude toward the mental and contractual actives of the 3rd house."

There is a link of putting emotions into writing or any kind of communication.

I also have Saturn in the 3rd house. According to Mac Edmund Jones in "Astrology: How and Why it Works":

"...centers all personal motivation in immediate factors of efficiency and superficial functioning. ...creates a special sensitiveness to social and business contacts as convenient or necessary in self-fulfillment. The native at his best is able to bring depth to all human fellowship, and at his worst he is apt to rebel against every transient courtesy of ordinary living."

3rd is immediate environment including family life but mainly relationships with your relatives and siblings and 4th is the relationship/family environment with your parents.

poyi

Premium Member
I think is more than 100 words below. Click the links to get full descriptions.

Saturn in 3rd house

"Your mind is serious, exacting, patient and orderly plus you have the
ability to concentrate on deep subject matter. With this ability
comes a tendency to depression, pessimism, loneliness or despondency.
You have organizational ability and are probably conservative and
traditional in your thinking. Mathematics and strategy games may
appeal to you. Time consuming projects do not bother you. You may
feel a bit isolated from siblings and neighbors or they may give you
trouble....."

http://astroveda.wikidot.com/stars-in-third-house

Neptune in 4th house

"You may experience a sense of inner uncertainty, insecurity and
confusion. Unexplainable fears and anxieties may cause you to
withdraw from living. You idealize the home environment and it may
be, in reality, more in your imagination rather than in fact. A
spiritual tie with one or both parents is likely. A desire to live by
the sea is not uncommon with this position. You may have vague
recollections regarding your true roots and this uncertainty may cause
difficulties. Remember, with Neptune, things are not as they appear
...."

http://astroveda.wikidot.com/stars-in-fourth-house

m0ney*p0wer*re$pect

I have Uranus in the third also and I was diagnosed with ADHD as a child, labeled disruptive and had a speech impediment as a child. Would Saturn have anything to do with that

poyi

Premium Member
I have Uranus in the third also and I was diagnosed with ADHD as a child, labeled disruptive and had a speech impediment as a child. Would Saturn have anything to do with that

In Placidus system, I also have Uranus in the 3rd, when I was a baby, I also had speech impediment. I only learned to speak when I reached 3 years old but once I started talking I talked in full sentence. I remembered that was like I didn't need to communicate with anyone so I rather not to speak.

But my Uranus was very close to the 4th house cusp even in Placidus system it conjunct my IC, Jupiter and SN so it bought unusual household and childhood to me, eventually as I grew older I rebelled my roots and rebuilt my own individuality and became very independent. I self assemble all my furniture without any help from any man. I can also fix my own toilet, change light bulbs and simple problems for computer. I supposed that is also something to do with my dominant Mars and Mercury.

CapGoddess

I have Neptune in the 4th and have had paranormal/ weird experiences in almost every place I've lived.

My dad when I was younger would talk about ghosts and spirituality and all that.

poyi

Premium Member
I have Neptune in the 4th and have had paranormal/ weird experiences in almost every place I've lived.

My dad when I was younger would talk about ghosts and spirituality and all that.

I think once you have some sort spiritual believe/faith, it seems to become positive side of Neptune, instead of seeing ghosts or hearing them now and then...:bandit:

Thanks for the reply, again to prove that I was not Insane!!

ALSO ALSO, never Never never touch drugs and/or alcohol when you have Neptune in 4th house or 8th house (I think). I am lucky enough to work as a nurse so I have enough Contact with drugs (give medicines to patients) and alcohol (disinfectant) due to work. Personally, I can drink a lot and won't get drunk easily, but I only drink max one glass of wine or one bottle of beer at a time. I came to contact with alcohol when I was very little as family tradition we drink in Chinese New Year even as a 3, 4 years old!!

Before, I became a nurse, I used to obsess about Vitamins and I used to take HUGE amounts of them. I happened to work in a Health Food Stores, I sell them to customers and I myself also take them daily!! Always involve with drugs in some forms O_O!

Good thing about Astrology is you can understand about your strength and weakness so you can use or change that energy to something else instead of self-destruction. :tongue: Knowledge is the power to control so able to make rational decisions.

Last edited:

FarEastUranus

3rd house Uranus, highly ADHD, learning problems until about age 9, then became really good student. But I've had ADD all my life.

FarEastUranus

My situation is that my 4th house also has SN/Ketu. So I have the need to detach to move on to NN/Rahu according to some interpretation. And also because in Sagittarius sign, Jupiter automatically rules over this house and Jupiter is the natural ruler of the 9th. My 9th is Taurus, in my case Jupiter and Venus is in quintile. Jupiter rules Neptune and Neptune square my Mars is the trigger of the chart. Basically, how my life turned! Move to a foreign country to start/build everything again helped me to reform my identity. It was a tough but successful in my case. You can see the negative influence of my mother from Moon/Pluto square and by looking at the condition of Moon and as the natural ruler of 4th. But at the same time, my mother had given me a lot of finical support. Over time, I began to see her wishing for forgiveness....mentally, I understood her, but emotionally, I have little attachment with her since, she wasn't there when was I most needed her as an infant throughout teenage.

I attached my chart here for you to have a look, In both Placidus and whole sign system. In term of personality interpretation, whole sign system describes me much better. This site gives some very insightful interpretations as well, you can also use that as reference.

http://www.rosicrucian.com/mos/moseng11.htm#toc

View attachment 29513View attachment 29514

I also have 4th house Neptune in Sagittarius, with Jupiter partile conjunct MC in Gemini. Optimistic and lenient father, with whom I was very close and sense a spiritual tie. 5th house Moon square stellium with Venus, Mercury, Mars, and Pluto. I'm close to my mom. We look alike but have diametrically opposite mindsets about things.

I moved to three different continents, 5 different cities and more than a dozen different schools before I became an adult. My Neptune squares my Sun. Unfortunately, I have no idea how that's playing in my chart or my psyche.

FarEastUranus

Attachments

• NatalChart.jpg
    NatalChart.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 27

AllanBeau

Its weird reading how Neptune plays out differently in the 4th house. I had both my parents growing up, they been married for over 30 years. My dad never was a drug addict. He is a highly educated man that has been in College his whole lifetime. Man is a genius but he is crazy as hell. The guy did 3 tours in Vietnam and didn't come back right in the head. He is considered a 100% disabled Vet. If you know a name of a mental disorder he probability has it. Bi-Polar, Schizophrenia, Boarder-Line Personality Disorder, Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder...............

Though that's what they do to Vets, give them too many labels. The man does a lot of Volunteer work at the Veterans Hospital and was the President of his local VFW chapter for years. He fraught in Hamburger Hill. One time when I was about 8 years old my dad was campaigning for the hospital... We all sat down with the Governor and the presidential candidate at that time Bill Clinton. My dad looks directly in Bills eyes and says to him "Your a F*** A**hole and don't give a F*** about Veteran's rights". Bill looked him back directly in the eyes and they had a conversation. This really made my dad respect him. A few weeks later my dad got the money for the Hospital that he campaigned for.

My dad is so intelligent that its creepy. He has Sun Cazimi Mercury in Sagittarius. Guy is a walking talking Guru lol Too bad he is so nuts. I have visited him a few times in the mental ward during arts and crafts time. He also has quite a sexual apatite. When he divorced my mother he was a whore (they ended up getting remarried 3 times together...2 times before I was born) I walked on him having sex with a pair of twins. My mind could never really comprehend that one.

Growing up I was more like a parent to my father then he was towards me. He says he wishes he was more like him and I feel the same way about him. I'm talking about my dad because the 4th house relates to the father. My dad is my best friend, hes my War Hero lol

I do also have Uranus conjunct the IC. Lived in the same house for 21 years before I moved out. Went to the same school system from 1 - 12. Parents have had the same phone number since I was 4 years old. The only thing that's shocking is I got 2 Saggitarian parents, Leo sister and an Aries Brother....While I am a Cancer with Uranus in Sagittarius only fire. Also I only got one planet in Air for that matter.

I had a strange up-bringing its hard to explain. I feel as though I was the adopted Cancer being surrounded by all those fire signs. I believe that no sign confuses Sagittarius more then a Cancer. Funny thing is I live 3000 miles from home and I am a Cancer. Always been a gypsy moving from state to state. I feel a sense of home anywhere I go. You can be homeless or houseless or residentially challenged, ALL three different states of mind.

Neptune aspects = Sextile Pluto, Trine Moon, Opposed Sun, Mars.

I have done my fair share of street drugs. And I have done a lot of transformational drugs such as LSD, Shrooms, and DMT. Thanks for letting me share.

aquarius7000

Hi,

Its weird reading how Neptune plays out differently in the 4th house. ...
If you know a name of a mental disorder he probability has it. Bi-Polar, Schizophrenia, Boarder-Line Personality Disorder, Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder...............
The man does a lot of Volunteer work at the Veterans Hospital and was the President of his local VFW chapter for years. He fraught in Hamburger Hill. One time when I was about 8 years old my dad was campaigning for the hospital...
When he divorced my mother he was a whore (they ended up getting remarried 3 times together...2 times before I was born) I walked on him having sex with a pair of twins. My mind could never really comprehend that one......
I had a strange up-bringing its hard to explain....
So, whilst you might have lived in the same house for 21 years, and your parents have had the same phone no., a lot of your own statements in quotes show a lot of Nep and Ura in your natal 4th house.

:)AQ7

aglaya

Neptune in 4th house

"You may experience a sense of inner uncertainty, insecurity and
confusion. Unexplainable fears and anxieties may cause you to
withdraw from living. You idealize the home environment and it may
be, in reality, more in your imagination rather than in fact. A
spiritual tie with one or both parents is likely. A desire to live by
the sea is not uncommon with this position. You may have vague
recollections regarding your true roots and this uncertainty may cause
difficulties. Remember, with Neptune, things are not as they appear
...."

I have a retrograde Neptune inside my 4th in Sagittarius and I have enormously supportive parents and beautiful childhood memories.
A heavy planet inside this house will affect it this way or the other, of course, but when examined alone, it won't tell much. The retrogradation of my planet has made me move back home at the age of 27 to take care of a family member and to experience life with a family member who, at a certain point, became addicted to medicines. however, this is additionally supported by some other factors in my chart and it was exactly the family unity that helped us go through the whole phase.

Oddly enough, I was born by the sea and I have never felt very comfortable in my home town (which could be one of the traits of Neptune inside the 4th.).

My Ascendant ruler is Mercury partile conjunct Jupiter in Leo /12th (Mercury writing, Jupiter humour, Leo honours) and trining Neptune- at the age of 21 I have won my first award for a short humoresque. :) Neptune can be a very imaginative fellow! :)

Last edited:

FarEastUranus

I have a retrograde Neptune inside my 4th in Sagittarius and I have enormously supportive parents and beautiful childhood memories.
A heavy planet inside this house will affect it this way or the other, of course, but when examined alone, it won't tell much. The retrogradation of my planet has made me move back home at the age of 27 to take care of a family member and to experience life with a family member who, at a certain point, became addicted to medicines. however, this is additionally supported by some other factors in my chart and it was exactly the family unity that helped us go through the whole phase.

Oddly enough, I was born by the sea and I have never felt very comfortable in my home town (which could be one of the traits of Neptune inside the 4th.).

My Ascendant ruler is Mercury partile conjunct Jupiter in Leo /12th (Mercury writing, Jupiter humour, Leo honours) and trining Neptune- at the age of 21 I have won my first award for a short humoresque. :) Neptune can be a very imaginative fellow! :)

This caught my attention because at the age of 36, I am moving back to my grandmother's house with my boyfriend, after 20+ years abroad, and living away from family since the age of 18. There were many candidates because she has many children and grandchildren, so the fact that it falls on us is quite interesting.

I have Neptune in 4th house Sagittarius, without the retrograde. Loving parents (indulging father and strict and loving mother), frequent change of residence (4 different continents, many different cities), and birth in a town near the sea (Shanghai means "over the sea" literally), and some sort of unnamed disease with my birth town are all indicated in the 4th house.

aglaya

This caught my attention because at the age of 36, I am moving back to my grandmother's house with my boyfriend, after 20+ years abroad, and living away from family since the age of 18. .

Hi, there. Thanks for sharing this.
Obviously, there are other testimonies of our life activities that have supported the influence of an outer planet inside the 4th and, truthfully, I am more inclined to believe that it was something else that made me go back at a certain point- Neptune, being the only retrograde planet in my chart, must have had something to do with it but is surely not the only reason.

When compared with the negative influence mentioned by other members (unstable homes and families, imposed separations etc.), we could say that, in our case, the symbolism of Neptune has played out in a different, benevolent way, but is also has to be noted that we, ourselves, have left our homes early, don't you think? Obviously, young people leave their home at the age of 18 to go to a university (like I did) but, in our case, the cuts seems toi have been very deep and clean :) - we went abroad or simply to a distant place and cutting our ties with much resoluteness.

frequent change of residence (4 different continents, many different cities),

here, you win! :) I only have one continent to declare!

and birth in a town near the sea (Shanghai means "over the sea" literally),

My parents have changed three houses over the past 30 years and each one of those houses had a view over the bay! :)