4newbies-Learn "glyphs" astrol shorthand and how to read Ephemeris

LostNOzarks

Astrologer 50 had many good tutorial posts and replies that should not be lost in translation of bruising. I think I blocked her in past but I still enjoy reading the things she wrote before I blocked her. Come back, Astrologer 50, it is the day of reawakening and reckoning. Let the petty squabbles and in fighting and virtue signaling go to the wind. There is a huge absence of astrology teaching on this site these days - chart reading and also telling the value of what it meant to pick up a book, be confused, search further and then develop an understanding of how to read a chart. People today want astrology to tell them if they win the lottery before they even have the cash or transportation to buy the ticket. Something bad happened on this site about 10 years ago - not sure what it was, but the purgings began. Who cares if you don't like someones politics or religion or cultural or sexual leaning opinions either way - the human bod is the pie chart and all contents are distributed accordingly - according to what and whom? Lost a lot of good astrologers on this site because of personality disfunctions of those with the kill switch. Let's ask one another now - how much do we remember learning from them that helped us understand ourselves and others?

JUPITERASC

Astrologer 50 had many good tutorial posts and replies that should not be lost in translation of bruising. I think I blocked her in past but I still enjoy reading the things she wrote before I blocked her. Come back, Astrologer 50, it is the day of reawakening and reckoning. Let the petty squabbles and in fighting and virtue signaling go to the wind. There is a huge absence of astrology teaching on this site these days - chart reading and also telling the value of what it meant to pick up a book, be confused, search further and then develop an understanding of how to read a chart. People today want astrology to tell them if they win the lottery before they even have the cash or transportation to buy the ticket. Something bad happened on this site about 10 years ago - not sure what it was, but the purgings began. Who cares if you don't like someones politics or religion or cultural or sexual leaning opinions either way - the human bod is the pie chart and all contents are distributed accordingly - according to what and whom? Lost a lot of good astrologers on this site because of personality disfunctions of those with the kill switch. Let's ask one another now - how much do we remember learning from them that helped us understand ourselves and others?

JUPITERASC

Wow. Thanks for the input, A50. When you described the Ephemeris, you're aware there are two known kinds used the most in astrology.

The debate between "Swiss Ephemeris" vs. the 6000 year ephemeris, so I would be cautious using the 'right' kind of astronomical data as opposed to astrological projections.

I have been looking up the Swiss Heliocentric (Sun based) type for the year I was born (Sun in Aquarius Feb. 15):

http://www.astro.com/swisseph/ahel/1900/ahel1980.pdf

The description of Swiss Ephemeris and its alteration of star charts can mean somewhat different horoscopes:

http://www.astro.com/swisseph/swephchart_e.htm
FOR SIDEREAL ASTROLOGERS :)

JUPITERASC

simple-alchemy-symbols-set-isolated-alchemy-icons-and-glyphs-of-planets-also-known-as-seven-planetary-metals-and-four-elements-2EEE5RN.jpg

Humanitarian

a new member on here recently asked me this, so I thought I'd update this sticky....

junejune,

this shows how to use an ephemeris, where is states what degree every planet is at any given time. If you get a bi wheel from astro.com it gets very easy to see conjunctions, as they are in the same degree, so--- if you count 3x whole signs = 90' square, if you count 2x whole signs = sextile, 4 x whole signs along = 120' trine. then the orbs...

I use + or- 8' for conjunctions, square 90' and oppositions 180'
sun and moon have 10' being luminaries
sextiles 60' and trines 120' get + or - 6'
quincunxs 150' are + or - 3'
A version of the aspect orbs that includes Kepler's aspects is:
:conjunction: ±8° orb
:sun:,:moon:: ±10° orb
:sextile:,:trine:: ±6° orb
V, bQ, Q, S, S2, S3: ±2° orb
D, 3D: ±1° orb
U, U2, U3, U4, U5: ±1° orb
¼:sextile:: ±2° orb

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

How to read an Ephemeris! Easily look up what sign the Sun is in, The Moon is in,
and the Planets, every day of the year by learning how to read an ephemeris.
The ephemeris looks daunting at first, but its actually really easy :)

if you just take a moment, to learn!