3rd house stellium-any thoughts?

5th house moon

Hey,

I'd really appreciate any thoughts on a 3rd house stellium. Virgo is on the cusp and the house contains Pluto(Vir), Ura(Lib) and Jup(Lib) all conjunct. Mars in Lib is also present however is almost conjunct the IC.

Virgo's ruler, Mercury is in Cap in the 6th house (conjunct Sag Sun).

Thanks in anticipation.

Cheers
5th

Howl

I have one too, and it looks a lot like yours ;)

Virgo on the 3H cusp
Mars in 3H Virgo
Saturn in 3H Libra
Pluto in 3H Libra

and then Scorpio on the IC, with 4H Jupiter (scorpio) conjuncting 3H planets

My virgoan ruler, Mercury, is in the 6H conjunct my sun, just like yours :)

We have the same signs on all cusps, we both have a 6H Saggie sun conjunct Mercury, and we both have Mars and outer planets in the 3H. Actually, I am hoping that you wouldn't mind sharing what you have gotten up to professionally throughout your life. It might just offer me some guidance as to how I can ply my skills ;)

Other than that, I can tell you that I have a hyperdrive mind. Overloaded 3H, mercury conjunt sun and square 3H planets....I can also tell you that, despite virgo on the 3H cusp, I am well and truly 'mental' by nature :p . Having to do physically practical things, like organise people or events, bores me. I find it difficult to concentrate on these, because I'm not that interested ;) or organised. I have come to accept that I am meant to concentrate on using my head. I simply can't do some practical things as well as other people do, and nor do I particularly want to. I want my IDEAS to be realistic, well founded, organised and workable, but I still work mostly with concepts and communications, not 'doing', as such. Do you find yourself the same? All that Libra/Saggie in the third and sixth?

Sun in the 6H is meant to make you somewhat practical and detail oriented. However, we both have a Saggitarian sun. For me, this seems to reinforce boundless energy for concepts, ideas, thoughts, reading, writing, speaking. Not so much for cleaning the house, organising the office, or whatever :)

I notice you have planets square your mercury - your Jupiter/Uranus conjunction. Do you find that this, also, gives you too much to think about, to chew on, integrate?

As for the 3H stellium itself, I would also note that transits seem to 'hit' me more internally than externally, I suspect because all of my outer planets are hanging around nadir (IC). What do you think?

Looking forward to hearing your theories :D

Last edited:

Howl

I BET you've got a Sagittarian type career. Saggie Sun in the 6H, Saturn in the 9H and fire on the MC (Aries). Both Jupiter and Mars, dispositors of your sun and MC, are in the 3H, suggesting work of a mental/communicative nature.

Darn it is so much easier to think of careers that go with other people's charts!! Now I am curious ;)

Last edited:

5th house moon

Hi Howl

Wow! I’ve never talked to anyone with such similar placements before!

I can completely relate to you ‘hyperdrive mind’ comment. I too suffer the same fate! Despite my remonstrations, it refuses to rest. I am probably what you’d class as a ‘deep thinker’. Analysing, dissecting, probing…you know what I’m saying!

On the organisational side, I can be quite lazy if my mind is not being stimulated. However, when enthused, I am quite a multitasker and am very well organised. I like to organise others and find I am quite OK with project management. I do have a problem with authority – if I don’t respect my superiors, I have to get out of Dodge quickly before my motormouth gets me into trouble. I tend to defend the underdog and was an unofficial mediator between the powers-that-be and the ‘working class’ in one of my roles. I also abhor injustice.

You said the following:

‘Sun in the 6H is meant to make you somewhat practical and detail oriented. However, we both have a Saggitarian sun. For me, this seems to reinforce boundless energy for concepts, ideas, thoughts, reading, writing, speaking. Not so much for cleaning the house, organising the office, or whatever’

I agree! Practical and detail oriented in a very mental sense, not in a day-to-day, physical task-oriented sense. My home life can be, at times, an organised chaos. Then, suddenly, I’ll furiously blitz the place so that it’s spotless. Extremes! If I resolve to do something, it’s done properly or not at all.

I’d like to know about your career progress too, if you don’t mind sharing? What are your aspirations? I'm sorry for not being too astrologically astute, but I'm learning (this forum is really helping). I understand the 6th house is your 'job' and the 10th house tends to be your 'vocation'. Can you shed further light on this? Are you drawn to Venusian or Taurean occupations?

A brief synopsis of my career thus far (and yes, you’re on the money – some very saggie things amongst them)

Travel agent -Sag !
Singer (not sure what placements would indicate this….Tau in 11, Ven aspects, Sco/Nep?Moon 5th, ven aspects, progressed Ven is in Pis with Tau moon)
Spa manager (Ven in Aq, Tau in 11th?)
Journalist - Vir, Plu in Vir, 3rd house stellium
Legal recruiter - Sag, Sag, Sag! And Mer in cap in 7th (business writing/proposals etc, one-on-one interviewing)

I have studied journalism/communications and contemplated Law but decided against it. I find that getting through a tertiary education is difficult because my mind is like a box of frogs. Having Saturn in the 9th may account for this and could indicate that I will be a perpetual student (as we all are, I suppose!). I am now thinking (thinking, thinking, thinking!) about studying Traditional Chinese Med (Chi in Pis in 9th?)

I look forward to hearing from you, Howl.

Cheers
5th

Howl

my mind is like a box of frogs
hahha! :D I loved this, what a wonderfully new graphic way to picture it :D I too have a box-of-frogs head, and I have at least one frog going for each of the following directions:

Social research
Policy officer for NGO's (Red Cross, Oxfam)
Research/policy writer for various UN branches
Or policy/research with the World Health Organisation
Particularly in the areas of gender (like trafficking of women)
Possibly a university lecturer, at some point
Getting my doctorate (PhD), at some point
also, becoming a writer (utopia/dystopia attracts me!)
and an illustrator/ artist (perhaps for fantasy / childrens books)

So, I have a lot on my plate/wish-list!! I've had rather large ambitions since youth (I think Neptune in the 6H contacting my 3H and 6H planets contributes to the heavy "idealism" you may see here ;)). I also have the "underdog" protection urge that you desribed. I am planning on focusing on all the international stuff while I am young/adult, and moving smoothly into an idiosyncratic life of a writing and artistry as I retire. I have it all planned :D

I went through a period of disbelief in who I was and what I could achieve (pluto traniting sun?) over the past few years. It has made me more realistic, and quite determined. Recently, I have had the chance to see that I am closer than I ever thought I was! For example, I have been interviewed by AusAID (the Australian government's overseas aid program) and I am awaiting final results. Even if I don't get the job on this round, I know that I made it to the top 25 out of 1000. That's enough to cheer me on!!

As far as study goes, I would move into uni and live there if I got paid ;) You have Saturn in the 9H, and I have it in the 3H, both life long students. I have an undergraduate in Sociology/Sustainable Development, and am studying for my Masters in International Development. Very libra 3H, Saggie 6H, I believe!! I also considered law, and yes journalism too, but you can't keep me away from social stuff/humanities for long enough (yet).

Now, where have I been so far? I am 24, so it's still very much in the formulation phase, but I have been:

A research writer / editor - (Virgo on 3H cusp, 3H stellium and merc conjunct sun!)
An English teacher - (the Saggie 6H stellium, the 3H stellium and merc conjunct sun!)
A social impact auditor - (as above! I get to assess companies on their human rights performance, etc)

I noticed you consider my MC as Taurus. It's at 29" Aries, and I've always thought iof it as Aries, though I do have an artisitc bent. Perhaps that's becuase of a strongly placed Venus, though.

10H and 6H - there's a really excellent thread on the natal astrology board that dicusses the deeper meanings of the 6H. It's called something like ("Sixth house - What have you got??). I know, coz I started it :D. 6H, I believe, describes how your 'self' wants to 'engage' on a daily level. It's where and how you want to apply your creative talents in a constructive, meaningful way, and also shows where you get that feeling of total involvement in your work (work being broadly defined), where time ceases to matter. It is the house of "your contribution" (what can you do, and for who?). 10H is more about your "role" in society. It's more connected to how others see you, and in which area you are "an authority". It's great if the two connect, because then you are respected for what you naturally love to do ;)

5th house moon - I think your singing career might reflect... moon in 5H!! Your namesake :) You also have Neptune in there, you could be very creative indeed! If you don't mind me asking...do you have children? Are they 'like' your fifth house, if you do? And do you or have you had partners 'like' your seventh house??

Ok, I have to go, because there is an essay that I'm not writing. I'm going to post both of our charts as thumbnails here, so that people can see what we're on about (I hope you don't mind - please let me know if you do!!)

Here we are, ladies and gentlemen:

Last edited:

Howl

The 9H seems to be a hugely significant house for you. What do you think about your North Node in the ninth? Seems to me like your self (sun) emotions (moon) and future/karma/lessons (N node) are all fed by things sagittarian/9H.

You also have Saturn and Chiron, two indicators of "earned" experience and leadership ability, in the 9H. To me, the this house is all about "integrating" diverse information towards forming a higher perspective. Does that connect with you? I can see how you'd be attracted to chinese medicine indeed :D Do you think you could end up TEACHING holisitc medicine/health?