24 year old virgin

gemNFP

Okay, this may be a ridiculous question but could my being a virgin at 24 be attributed to chiron (in gemini) being in the 8th house in my chart?

gemNFP

I've gotten some weird looks and even flack for being a virgin at 24. If it wasn't for that, I guess I wouldn't bring age into question. But it does make me wonder if chiron in my 8th house may have something to do with it.

waybread

Gem, it is hard to say without seeing the rest of your chart, and without knowing something about how you were raised. Oftentimes a lot of planets in Capricorn or with strong Saturn aspects (for instance, in the 5th or 7th houses) can indicate a late bloomer. Many people have been raised with strong religious codes about sexuality, for example, regardless of their horoscopes.

The 8th house is about sexuality, but it is also about "shared resources" like insurance and investments; and the cycle of sex-birth-life-death-and rebirth. A well-aspected Chiron in the 8th might confer some painful experiences, but also the ability to be a wise healer and counsellor to others.

marja

I do not think there is anything wrong with being a virgin at 24. However, there is something wrong with being with the wrong person. I made the mistake to be with someone I had no interest in just so I would not be a vrigin anymore. I wish I waited for someone I had interest in.

gemNFP

Here's my chart :)

rochartuk3.gif

cstarz

HI!
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!

....................and whats wrong with that? Whats wrong with being a virgin at your age? Id celebrate if I were you!....No possible threats of venereal d. or worrying if you are or your NOT pregnant and by someone you may or may not be in love with?

Take your time...enjoy the power that in itself brings!

Be happy with who YOU are...and when the right time comes along and you feel ready...then go for it!

Dont Worry! BE HAPPY!!!

cStarz:)

Deirdre

you know

i was a virgin until i met my bf - it was at 22years old of age.

i never wanted to lose sth so special to me with anyone ordinary,and never let others judge me.

i knew what i wanted and even if many moments i wanted to be loved,like the rest of Humanity,i think that when we offer someone sth as deep as our intimacy,we must be in love.Must exist trust and care.Shared thoughts and shared lifes,at least try to know more the other.

Dont worry if you are 24,30 or even 40.

and dont let others think you are odd....think and feel that you are special cause you know that you want true love in order to trust your virginity to the other person.

i never regreted to have waited.

:)

waybread

Gem, I agree with the others that you're fine just the way you are!

I assume that your rounded-off birth time is correct. If it is off, so will be your house cusps.

In looking at your chart, I wonder if you might have had any experiences about sexuality that might be considered disruptive, upsetting, or fearsome, such that you have tended to shy away from intimate encounters. I say this because your moon in the 5th house of love affairs squares Uranus, whose energies feel disruptive to many people. If we look to the 8th house of sexuality, we find Chiron there--the "wounded healer." So this does suggest some heart-ache in the intimacy department; but also experiences that can help you to grow in wisdom and compassion for other people.

Neptune opposing your sun can be a big destroyer of self-confidence. Sometimes it means that you feel confronted by other people who seemingly embody Neptunian qualities. These could be anything from addictions to deceit to escapism.

Pluto, Mars, and Saturn in your first house may mean that you come across to others as very intense, but these planets are fairly well-aspected and should work to your advantage overall. With your Mercury in its own sign of Gemini and Mars in its own sign of Scorpio, you have considerable personal strengths.

gaer

I also agree with the others: there is nothing wrong with waiting longer. :)

Neptune opposite Sun, Mercury, Venus I think sensitizes a great deal. Very idealistic. That could be one factor in "waiting". Waiting for everything to be "just right".

Saturn tends to smother anything it conjuncts. Saturn conjunct Mars is a very sobering, inhibiting aspect. The Moon is well aspected except for the sqaure to Uranus (already mentioned). Moon in Pisces is also a very idealistic placement. Looking quickly I would say Mars/Saturn is the most likely explanation for being "conservative" about "taking chances", but in this world (AIDS, etc.), being careful also means being safe.

Arian Maverick

In looking at your chart, I wonder if you might have had any experiences about sexuality that might be considered disruptive, upsetting, or fearsome, such that you have tended to shy away from intimate encounters. I say this because your moon in the 5th house of love affairs squares Uranus, whose energies feel disruptive to many people.

I don't have my natal Moon in the fifth house, but Cancer is the sign on my fifth house cusp, and its ruler, the Moon, is conjunct my Ascendant. Like you, the Moon is applying towards an extremely tight square aspect with Uranus. Like you, I have a triple Sun-Mercury-Venus conjunction, albeit in a different sign and house; this conjunction also forms a hard aspect to Neptune in Capricorn.

I must admit that I was initially guilty of the same mistaken perception I imagine many people have of my own natal chart; they see all of these planets in the first house in a Mars-ruled sign and immediately think the native was born with the inability to be celibate. Once I noticed that Saturn joined Pluto and Mars in the first house, and that Saturn was conjunct Mars, this misperception cleared.

I'm aware that I'm just grabbing at bits and pieces here, but I wanted to list the Sabian symbol for your natal Uranus:

Sagittarius 11:
In the left section of an archaic temple, a lamp burns in a container shaped like a human body.

This image struck me with two apparently opposite ideas. Temples are generally regarded as places devoid of sexuality, where celibate monks dwell. Yet within this temple, there is the "lamp burn[ing] in a containinger shaped like a human body," which seems to indicate the sexual kundalini energy. Kundalini energy can be expressed in different ways, many of which do not require sexual activity; indeed, many ancient traditions advised men to "withold their seed" during sexual intercourse to keep this energy within their bodies, which supposedly gave them super-human powers. The kundalini energy would rise through the seven chakras, or energy centers of the body, and when it reached the crown chakra, one reached enlightenment.

How does this description bear upon your natal chart and your life, you may ask? You are a sexual being, as all humans are sexual beings; virginity does not dispute this fact. Although the symbol I described applies specifically to Uranus, the ruler of your fifth house cusp, I believe many other parts of your natal chart reflect the theme of the expression--perhaps the repressed or controlled expression--of sexual energy. Your Saturn-Mars conjunction in Scorpio is a perfect embodiment; Saturn often describes that which is repressed or controlled, Mars indicates masculine sexual energy, and Scorpio is the sign that rules the areas of the body associated with sexual activity. Pluto, the dispositor of these Scorpio planets, occupies a critical degree and is conjunct your Ascendant. Pluto is associated with the atomic bomb; its size does not adequately convey its power, which is tightly controlled until released. I don't mean to suggest that you're going to snap and engage in an extended period of promiscuity, although you can, if you wish. I just believe your chart indicates that this part of yourself is tightly coiled. This impression is magnified by your late Libra Ascendant, which seems to indicate the presence of intense energy behind a pleasant Libran persona. This energy isn't hidden, per se, because the planets are located in your first house, but people may encounter the Libra Ascendant first--albeit a Libra Ascendant heavily modified by Pluto. I keep thinking of ex-President Clinton's chart, although he's not exactly the best example to illustrate my point. :eek:

Arian Maverick

Last edited:

gaer

Arian Maverick said:
I must admit that I was initially guilty of the same mistaken perception I imagine many people have of my own natal chart; they see all of these planets in the first house in a Mars-ruled sign and immediately think the native was born with the inability to be celibate. Once I noticed that Saturn joined Pluto and Mars in the first house, and that Saturn was conjunct Mars, this misperception cleared.
I view the whole topic of "celebacy" to be linked to an incredibly complex set of circumstances.

First, at the time I was growing up, the only worry in not being "careful" was pregnancy. That's a big issue, of course, but the idea of "sleeping with everyone that someone else has slept with" just wasn't a factor.

Celibacy is no longer about being "pure", or anything like that. Of course that could be part of it. But the bigger issue (for many people or most people, perhaps) is *safety*.

In addition, something that is avoided and that makes such a discussion perhaps a bit confusing is the that *total sexual abstinence* is not the same thing as celibacy.

Look at this, from Merrian Webster:

1: the state of not being married
2 a: abstention from sexual intercourse
b: abstention by vow from marriage

I'm taking being "celibate" here as meaning simply not having sexual relations of any kind with another person. I think that's important, because such a defintion is not the same thing as not having any kind of sex (because it does not preclude what one does alone).

So I would never look at a chart where Saturn is strongly aspected to several planets and conclude that celibacy, as I defined it above (at least), is not a possibility. Because Saturn is about limitations, responsibility, control, etc. Just how it plays out in a natal chart and in an individual is infinitely complicated. :)

Arian Maverick

In addition, something that is avoided and that makes such a discussion perhaps a bit confusing is the that *total sexual abstinence* is not the same thing as celibacy.

Look at this, from Merrian Webster:

1: the state of not being married
2 a: abstention from sexual intercourse
b: abstention by vow from marriage

I'm taking being "celibate" here as meaning simply not having sexual relations of any kind with another person. I think that's important, because such a defintion is not the same thing as not having any kind of sex (because it does not preclude what one does alone).

Goodness, I hadn't even considered the intricacies and possible definitions of the word celibacy! This is somewhat ironic, for I had difficult refraining from a long discussion of the various implications of the word "inhibit" on another thread. It appears the impetuousness of my Aries stellium has overwritten any linguistic sensitivity I may possess. :rolleyes:

So, before we continue this discussion, how exactly are we defining celibacy? Does everyone agree with the definition gaer has provided?

I would add some more astrological observations of the chart, but my head is spinning...

Arian Maverick