1st house Neptune:dissolving boundaries

Lissa

Well-known member
Does anyone else with Neptune in 1st find that they are pros at mirroring other people's overall personality and behaviour?Like you are able to give others exacly what they want,because you somehow instintively can mimic their attitudes and behaviour?

I have Neptune in Capricorn in my 1st and I find that instintively mimic people...it's not something I do on purpuose,it just happens...I can mimic the way some dresses,moves,talks or even writes.And I do that very naturally,without any intention of doing so-like I said,it just happens.And I somehow find it very comforting-I think it has to do with a lack of sel-esteem often brought by a first house Neptune.We just feel more comfortable and know we will be more easily accepted if we 'copy' the person we're with.

Any more experiences with this?
 
Lissa said:
Does anyone else with Neptune in 1st find that they are pros at mirroring other people's overall personality and behaviour?Like you are able to give others exacly what they want,because you somehow instintively can mimic their attitudes and behaviour?

I have Neptune in Capricorn in my 1st and I find that instintively mimic people...it's not something I do on purpuose,it just happens...I can mimic the way some dresses,moves,talks or even writes.And I do that very naturally,without any intention of doing so-like I said,it just happens.And I somehow find it very comforting-I think it has to do with a lack of sel-esteem often brought by a first house Neptune.We just feel more comfortable and know we will be more easily accepted if we 'copy' the person we're with.

Any more experiences with this?

If you look under the thread of 'deceptive people or liars' Neptune in first is extensively debated...
 

AquariusT

Well-known member
Astrologer50 I am not sure that I agree with that. There has to be a strong opposition or square to Mercury for that. Do you have that OP? Where is your Uranus?

Neptune on the 1st is mediumistic qualities and makes the person seem like a pisces and psychic. The neptune certainly makes the individual in tune with the person they are in contact with.
 

Lissa

Well-known member
Hi there Aquarius,I don't have any oppositions to my Mercury,only have Neptune square Mercury and Neptune opposite Chiron/Uranus.My Uranus is in Cap in the 1st but I'd like to keep this thread a little general,to hear everyone's experiences with 1st house Neptune:)
 
Lissa said:
Hi there Aquarius,I don't have any oppositions to my Mercury,only have Neptune square Mercury and Neptune opposite Chiron/Uranus.My Uranus is in Cap in the 1st but I'd like to keep this thread a little general,to hear everyone's experiences with 1st house Neptune:)

It does seem widely accepted that Neptune in 1st could be a little gullible, dreamy, drift off when talking to people espec if bored. Then square to Neptune can be confused communications, illusion, delusion of self or others...
 
AquariusT said:
Astrologer50 I am not sure that I agree with that. There has to be a strong opposition or square to Mercury for that. Do you have that OP? Where is your Uranus?

Neptune on the 1st is mediumistic qualities and makes the person seem like a pisces and psychic. The neptune certainly makes the individual in tune with the person they are in contact with.

Mediumshipistic abilities seem to originate in 8th and 12th houses, not really first house, although sensitive to environment and energies and people's aura's is obvious..
 

Lissa

Well-known member
astrologer50 said:
It does seem widely accepted that Neptune in 1st could be a little gullible, dreamy, drift off when talking to people espec if bored. Then square to Neptune can be confused communications, illusion, delusion of self or others...

Thank you for the small interpretation,the Mercury-Neptune square is actually an aspect of my chart I have yet to explore a little deeper,and I've been studying astrology for about 2 years and a half now...I think the aspects links to my wicked imagination too :rolleyes: :p

Cheers,
lissa
 

Chimerical

Active member
Lissa said:
Does anyone else with Neptune in 1st find that they are pros at mirroring other people's overall personality and behaviour?Like you are able to give others exacly what they want,because you somehow instintively can mimic their attitudes and behaviour?

I have Neptune in Capricorn in my 1st and I find that instintively mimic people...it's not something I do on purpuose,it just happens...I can mimic the way some dresses,moves,talks or even writes.And I do that very naturally,without any intention of doing so-like I said,it just happens.And I somehow find it very comforting-I think it has to do with a lack of sel-esteem often brought by a first house Neptune.We just feel more comfortable and know we will be more easily accepted if we 'copy' the person we're with.

Any more experiences with this?
Lissa,
I'm really glad you posted this! :) ..yes I have neptune in the first..and I have noticed the mimic thing that you mentioned ..it's funny that you feel comforted by this..as it's a trait that I intensely dislike in myself..and I don't trust it in others either..but of course I accept that some of us can't help it... I have worked pretty hard to disconnect that inclination in myself..but I have often wondered why I have this trait..so thanks for shedding light and also presenting it differently
 

Chimerical

Active member
Lissa said:
Thank you for the small interpretation,the Mercury-Neptune square is actually an aspect of my chart I have yet to explore a little deeper,and I've been studying astrology for about 2 years and a half now...I think the aspects links to my wicked imagination too :rolleyes: :p

Cheers,
lissa
Lissa,
I have to agree with you again on the imagination bit..mine is crazy wicked lol!! :)

peace,
Chimerical
 

elumen

Well-known member
I have Neptune conjunct my MC, sextile to my Asc in Aquairus. When transiting Neptune hit my my asc and later the first house, I went through some interesting but difficult metamorphosis. I have always been very sensitive, perceptive and psychic, but with that transit it just amplified 100%. One of the experiences that came with that was mimicking other people behaviors and psychological dynamics (but only of those people I'm close with), it drove me nuts. It is as if on some invisible but very real level I merge with another person and some transfusion occurs. Anyway, I do not like it, not having boundaries, not knowing where I end, and etc. BTW, my Sun is in Aries, so that does not appeal to it. :) I also attract partners who are very Piscean and act that way. I dislike it, it makes me feel like there is no structure, no something to bounce against, no reality, just one diffused ocean of the feelings and being. Hope I make sense. Anyway, now after almost 10 years of having Neptune transit in my first house (it is very large due to my birth in the Northern latitude), I manage the Neptunian energy better, and feel a better sense of my boundaries and less of mimicking. My perceptiveness is still there and I try to put it to a good cause.:) As far as being a liar and misleading, it has not been my experience, but I may have confused a few people but acting inconsistently when this transit took place.
 
Last edited:

smilingsteph

Well-known member
elumen said:
I have Neptune conjunct my MC, sextile to my Asc in Aquairus. When transiting Neptune hit my my asc and later the first house, I went through some interesting but difficult metamorphosis. I have always been very sensitive, perceptive and psychic, but with that transit it just amplified 100%. One of the experiences that came with that was mimicking other people behaviors and psychological dynamics (but only of those people I'm close with), it drove me nuts. It is as if on some invisible but very real level I merge with another person and some transfusion occurs. Anyway, I do not like it, not having boundaries, not knowing where I end, and etc. BTW, my Sun is in Aries, so that does not appeal to it. :) I also attract partners who are very Piscean and act that way. I dislike it, it makes me feel like there is no structure, no something to bounce against, no reality, just one diffused ocean of the feelings and being. Hope I make sense. Anyway, now after almost 10 years of having Neptune transit in my first house (it is very large due to my birth in the Northern latitude), I manage the Neptunian energy better, and feel a better sense of my boundaries and less of mimicking. My perceptiveness is still there and I try to put it to a good cause.:) As far as being a liar and misleading, it has not been my experience, but I may have confused a few people but acting inconsistently when this transit took place.

Oh no, my neptune is conjunct my MC, and my transiting neptune will be conjunct my ascendant in aquarius!
I am still trying to find myself, and with the blurring neptuninan lines it may make that more difficult-
I have been feeling very physically sensitive, with touch, energies ect.
Since I only have one planet in water maybe this will be good for me.
I just have to make sure I am not gullable, I stand on my own and I dont get taken for a ride....I am a giver and always helping someone in need...I just hope I dont forget that.

I hope to hear more about 1st house neptune...it may help those of us with first house transits too!
 

archergirl

Well-known member
I would second elumen here; my chart is almost the same: natal Neptune on MC and transiting Neptune (a loooong transit) through my Aquarius 1st house.

Neptune isn't all bad; the 'mimicry' is one aspect of changing, shifting Neptune 'illusion'. These can be 'optical' illusions: I have changed my hairstyle, my clothing style, and the way I've presented myself to people, very frequently during this transit. Having Neptune natally on the MC means that people project what they want onto my 'public image'; hence, I can very easily fit into most 'scenes', even though they may not be the ones I would naturally choose. It's a sort of survival mechanism in one sense. I work in a very corporate world, and somehow manage to do this and get accepted by it, even though I am absolutely NOT a corporate junkie! I think people see what they want to see in me, with this aspect.

But having Neptune in the 1st house can either show that you are confused about yourself (and so take on other people's 'colouring' to give yourself an identity), or that other people simply find you confusing. Like elumen, I have frequently confused people with my indecision and changeability during this transit. Just when they think they have you figured out, you go and change everything around again.

This is a positive, IMO, in the Big Picture. It keeps people on their toes!:D

AG:)
 

Lissa

Well-known member
archergirl said:
Just when they think they have you figured out, you go and change everything around again.

This is a positive, IMO, in the Big Picture. It keeps people on their toes!:D

AG:)

It scares people away!:eek:
 

elumen

Well-known member
Hi smilingsteph, I do not want you to think that what went on for me would be exactly the same for you. I believe that people respond differently to the energies of the same planets, although some common themes would likely be noticable. I want to add that "falling apart" under the Neptunian influence was and still is (the transit will continue for many more years) the most creative time for me, I had the greatest love of my life (although it never came to realization -- all was in my dreams and imagination), I lost my sense of identity, and went into a totally creative direction, kind of chaotic, from IT to music, dance, and ultimately to a psychology grad. school (although I was a psychology major in my undergrad, I had worked in IT for over 14 years, sigh :-( ...) so, yes, it felt difficult and illusory with Neptune going over my 1st, bringing the greatest disappointment in love, losing touch with the "old" reality, I believe it have helped to clear the space for a more authentic me, a creative one, and a helping others one.
 
Last edited:
I don't have this configuration in my Chart. However, a current interest of mine does. He has Neptune in Capricorn in the 1st house tightly conjunct his ascendant. From my observation of him, I believe this configuration makes one appear less noticeable to the public eye and more blended with his surroundings. If I were to randomly pinpoint a person within a crowd, it would be unlikely for someone with a Neptune in their 1st house to be that person. I suppose its a good configuration to have when one is into thieving :eek:. In my interest's case tho and I believe in most cases, I don't think many would appreciate a wallflower status.

Incidentally upon our first meeting, this Interest of mine claimed the exact opposite of his Neptune in his 1st house. He said that unlike others, he isn't someone who just happens to blend with the crowd (his exact words). At that time I thought, there was no need for him to make mention of that, out of the blue, just to prove himself. When I studied his chart, it was easy for me to figure out why. It also helped me determine his exact birth hour (not the rounded off time of birth on his Birth Certificate). Twenty more minutes and his Neptune would have been placed in his 12th house, far far away from his ascendant.

I believe this configuration could also mean that other people aren't exactly sure where they stand with you. I'm a newbie in Astrology and these are just my opinions based on my observations on what Neptune in the 1st house would signify. I just wanted to contribute to this thread and I hope more people would. I'd like to read more interpretations concerning this configuration.

How about someone with Venus Conjunct Neptune tightly Conjunct their Ascendant?
 
Id like to add, My ascendant is in Pisces (a sign ruled by Neptune) and I'm also very good at mimicking other people's behavior, attitude, posture, accent, appearance, including their pattern of thinking but I don't do this instinctively so...Perhaps it only becomes instinctive to me when I feel the need to hide the self for some reason.

I could also relate with the lack of self-esteem. I grew up copying actresses I see on movies and people I admire like a bestfriend or so. I wasn't entirely sure what me, alone, just as myself would be like. So do you think this configuration could also mean an Identity Crisis?

I'm not sure if having an Ascendant in Pisces would also make the native less noticeable as I've written above but I'm pretty sure that its my Interest's
Neptune alone tightly conjunct his ascendant that makes him invisible to most. I wouldn't be able to tell since my natal Pluto also squares my Ascendant in Pisces. An aspect which I believe adds much to one's visibility.
 

Lissa

Well-known member
ScorpionDecksTheEighth said:
I could also relate with the lack of self-esteem. I grew up copying actresses I see on movies and people I admire like a bestfriend or so. I wasn't entirely sure what me, alone, just as myself would be like. So do you think this configuration could also mean an Identity Crisis?

Same thing here Scorpio;)

Very interesting what you said about the 1st house Neptune guy-I guess a 1st house Neptune kinda dissolves the boundaries of the self.

Is your guy very atractive?Not just to you,to people in general.I've noticed people with Neptune rising(in particular women)tend to be very atractive.
 

elumen

Well-known member
Very insightful, Scorpion, but I'd say that people with strong Neptune can choose to be invisible or charming. Like Marylin Monroe, had I think Neptune rising (although I am not 100% sure), she was definitely very Neptunian, and in one of the memoirs, I read that she had said to her friend that she could become "her," i.e. the famous star at will, and be very visible. They were walking down the street and no one was paying attention to them, at which point Marylin asked her friend: "Do you want me to become 'her'?" She did something with her energy, and absolutely everyone started looking at her and recognizing her. I feel with the strong Neptune, I could make myself visible, but usually prefer to be invisible. As far as Neptune conjunct Venus, oh, my, i can only say from my personal experience from Neptune Square Venus in Pisces in the first, that I often lived in my illusions/dreams about the loved one, it all happened in my imagination, and I felt disappointed and disillusioned when reality kicked in. I hope I've learned that lesson, but I wonder what it would be like when Neptune by transit will cross my Venus in Pisces, although I'll be an old lady then. ;-)
 
Last edited:

smilingsteph

Well-known member
Thanks Elumen,
I have been spending a lot of time wondering "what am I good at, creative wise"
I am actually looking forward to finding a creative source within myself...
I feel like you are not good at anything if one is not creative...I seem to think creativity is dancing, singing, drama...the arts
I need to realize that what is creative for one is not for all...
I am actually interested in seeing where this will take me...

I was reading astro.com's thing on neptune conjunct the ascendant...is this what it is all like? Same for those with the natal placement??
http://www.astro.com/cgi/atxgen.cgi?btyp=atx&cid=8g2fileFOLRxY-u1178068257&nhor=2&go.x=19&go.y=9
This influence will alter your relationships with others and change the kind of impression you make on people. The greatest single danger is that you are susceptible to deception by others, because you are in an unusually idealistic frame of mind, and believe in the merit of proposals that you are invited to join, even when they are useless. In fact, with your excessive idealism, you are likely to get involved in many situations that you would usually avoid. Relationships, in particular, should be watched, for you are inclined to idealize people, especially a lover, and be blind to their real faults. These faults may not be all that bad, but in your present frame of mind you probably would not be able to accept the truth. And when you finally do accept it, you will be disappointed. Do not expect more of others now than you could reasonably expect at other times. People are people, although you may lose sight of that during this time.

There is also a danger that you might lose sight of who you are and what your limitations are. You may expect too much of yourself, or you may think that you impress others in certain ways that are not at all true. If you feel that others like you, it may be that you are utterly unaware of certain complaints they have about you. And they may not be bothered at all by habits you think they really dislike, which you try to repress.

In relationships with others you may be inclined to play a martyr role. Stand up to people for what you believe to be your personal rights and do not pretend that things don't bother you if they do. If you play the martyr, someone else will surely be willing to play the role of persecutor. This applies especially in love relationships.

You may also become more interested in psychic, spiritual and religious matters during this time, but since you are searching for direct experience of the divine, you are unwilling to put up with movements that are excessively formal, ritualized or intellectual. Consequently you will probably not be attracted to an orthodox church.
 
Top