12th house in composite

unteruber

I have planet laden 12th house in composite with a woman. We both had feelings for each other but we never took the decisive plunge. I understand that the composite is akin to a child and must be seen as a separate entity compared to the individuals. Composite is also not quite relevant unless the relationship is initiated.

From previous experience I can conjecture that 12th house Sun is a very difficult aspect to have in composite. Although unlike other relations in which I had 12th house composite Sun, this has several benefic aspects between composite Sun and other composite planets, including conjunctions between composite Sun and composite venus, moon and mercury, as well as trine with composite Jupiter.

What I am interested in is to understand how it will pan out, once we take the steps to move into each others' lives.

Here is some raw material for the learned friends here (please keep in mind that the planets are composite planets) -

Ascendant - Cancer 21 deg 32 min
Sun, Venus, Moon, Mercury - 12th house
POF, Juno - 1st house
Saturn -3rd house
Pluto - 4th house
Mars, Uranus - 5th house
Neptune, Vesta, Vertex - 6th house
Jupiter, NN - 8th house
Chiron - 11th house

Aspects -
Sun conj Moon
Sun conj Venus
Sun conj Mercury
Sun trine Jupiter
Venus trine Jupiter
Moon conj Mercury
Moon Conj Venus
Moon trine Jupiter
Saturn Sextile Uranus
Saturn Square Neptune
Saturn Sextile Ascendant
Jupiter Square Mars

thanks a lot.

Attachments

• sk_af_composite.PNG
    sk_af_composite.PNG
    99.8 KB · Views: 211

dr. farr

For me ("Dr Whole Sgn":wink:) there is only ONE planet in the composite 12th (whole sign) house-Mercury, which suggests (to me) the "self-undoing" oir "restrictive" element might be connected with interpersonal communications between the 2 of you. The whole sign first house is chocked with planets-personality is where the emphasis of this composite is (from my perspective)...Sun/Moon and Sun/Venus conjunctions in the 1st house-be careful about over enthusiasm, about being carried away-that applies to both of you!

unteruber

That's quite an interesting take Dr Farr, thanks.

If I do a composite chart of our charts in whole sign house system on www.astro.com, I still get Sun, Moon, Mercury, Venus in the 12th house. Not sure why.

If we follow your system, how would you interpret the composite chart. That is a composite chart with composite sun, venus, moon in the 1st house and with these aspects (venus/moon conjunct or venus )?

For me ("Dr Whole Sgn":wink:) there is only ONE planet in the composite 12th (whole sign) house-Mercury, which suggests (to me) the "self-undoing" oir "restrictive" element might be connected with interpersonal communications between the 2 of you. The whole sign first house is chocked with planets-personality is where the emphasis of this composite is (from my perspective)...Sun/Moon and Sun/Venus conjunctions in the 1st house-be careful about over enthusiasm, about being carried away-that applies to both of you!

dr. farr

If in the composite the ascendant is Cancer, and Sun, Moon, Venus are in Cancer, then by definition they must be in the 1st (whole sign) house; if in the composite Cancer is the ascendant, then Gemini must be on the 12th whole sign house; if Mercury is in Gemini then it must be in the 12th whole sign house.
Sun/Moon/Venus conjunct in Cancer in the 1st house: Moon in domicile (strong emotions), Venus (love/romance) conjoining with the Moon (emotions) = strong emotional bond; Moon/Venus absorbed by the Sun-(combust as it is called in Traditional astrology) = high enthusiasm (Sun), great intensity of the Moon/Venus conjunction caused by the Sun, affecting the personality of the 2 people "as a unit" (ie, composite) However, this solar intensification could be TOO much (hence me statement earlier about "over enthusiasm") and MIGHT lead to a quick burn out (of the + indications arising from the Moon/Venus conjunction) Moon and Venus are at home in the watery element of Cancer-but Fire (the Sun) is not: there is the source of a possible problem, and I think this might involve intense feelings and perhaps over-idealisation and excessive enthusiasm regarding the relationship, on the part of BOTH persons-that's what (I think) needs to be watched out for: plus Mercury in the 12th, communications, that has to be watched as well. Indeed, perhaps THE reason you 2 never took the plunge had to do with that Mercury/12th house situation-perhaps communication of the inner feelings of each to the other was never satisfactorily made-this certainly would fit with a 12th house (house of limitations and restrictions and blockages) Mercury...

unteruber

Thanks for explaining it Dr Farr. I quite agree that if we are using whole signs house system that is the way to go. Also your interpretation seems to be quite spot on. Our feelings were intense and communication quite patchy, although mercury in Gemini is domicile hence should offset some affects of 12th house? or do you agree with Robert Hand in that signs in composite do not matter as much as the houses planets are in?

If in the composite the ascendant is Cancer, and Sun, Moon, Venus are in Cancer, then by definition they must be in the 1st (whole sign) house; if in the composite Cancer is the ascendant, then Gemini must be on the 12th whole sign house; if Mercury is in Gemini then it must be in the 12th whole sign house.
Sun/Moon/Venus conjunct in Cancer in the 1st house: Moon in domicile (strong emotions), Venus (love/romance) conjoining with the Moon (emotions) = strong emotional bond; Moon/Venus absorbed by the Sun-(combust as it is called in Traditional astrology) = high enthusiasm (Sun), great intensity of the Moon/Venus conjunction caused by the Sun, affecting the personality of the 2 people "as a unit" (ie, composite) However, this solar intensification could be TOO much (hence me statement earlier about "over enthusiasm") and MIGHT lead to a quick burn out (of the + indications arising from the Moon/Venus conjunction) Moon and Venus are at home in the watery element of Cancer-but Fire (the Sun) is not: there is the source of a possible problem, and I think this might involve intense feelings and perhaps over-idealisation and excessive enthusiasm regarding the relationship, on the part of BOTH persons-that's what (I think) needs to be watched out for: plus Mercury in the 12th, communications, that has to be watched as well. Indeed, perhaps THE reason you 2 never took the plunge had to do with that Mercury/12th house situation-perhaps communication of the inner feelings of each to the other was never satisfactorily made-this certainly would fit with a 12th house (house of limitations and restrictions and blockages) Mercury...

dr. farr

I think the house position (12th) of Mercury in this case was more influential than Mercury being in its domicile. Also, Saturn in the 3rd house (house of communications) might have played a limiting/restricting role on the free flow of communication as well.

Last edited: