12th House-beginnings or endings?

Pisceanfool

23 said:
My understanding is that the 12th house relates to so many things.

*One is how you will live out the last years of your life (7 years if we take the 84 year Uranian cycle as life).

*The other thing is it is one of those physic houses that relate to water signs and there's a psychic element to them

*The other is that it relates to various things connected to pisces - such as personal secrets and skeletons in the closet, spirituality, secluded spots - prisons, hospitals etc.

With Jupiter in the 12th in your chart, it seems to me that you are going to have a lot good stuff happening towards the end of your life; you're going to have a jolly good time. It would also mean that maybe you take a philoshopical bent to spirituality and that maybe your secretly excessive or moralistic using these three catagories.

Oh and I agree with Lillybelle, it is a return to the start, the last stage before new life and ressurection so to speak (Aries).

Wow thats great so i will find love in the last 7 yrs of life? (venus there but receives and sends a few sextiles) lol really excited for that. I think that the 12 house is the most secretive and subcouncious house. It has to do with collective unconcious and imagination (neptune and pisces). The most prevailing trait of my venus in the twelth is secret love affairs and shyness, some say deep artistic inspiration arriving from the unconcious.

Last edited:

kimbermoon

I personally believe that the 12house relates to both beginnings and endings. It represents coming back full circle. I too have Saturn in the 12house and when I experienced my first Saturn return, my life totally came crashing down on me. I suffered a miscarriage, separated from my husband, lost my mother and then my father all within 4 years. Saturn is conjunct Neptune here for me. Simplistically this represents a karmic theme of betrayal, disillusionment and a sacrificing of identity. I sense this comes from both a karmic past as well as the past in this lifetime. It is where we chose to be closed off from others or are forced to by circumstance. It is where we keep things hidden, and often from ourselves.

Doubts and fears, self-undoing, alienation, confinement -- these are all examples of the types of circumstances we keep hidden, but it also shows where important healing of one form or another will be required.

Surely we do have to think deeply about the 12th and it's influence in our lives. It is where we are vulnerable to the pitfalls that present themselves in our life. As within, so without. We are very often the directors of our own circumstances and without hearing the cries of our inner essence, we are often ill-equipped to deal with consequence in this life.

The Saturn cycles in our lives are all about teaching us the Universal Laws of 'Right Living' and being accountable for our deeds and actions.The Law of Karma is more about understanding the Law of Cause and Effect than about punishment.

Learn you lessons well, dear, for the lessons you ignore and deny now will come back to haunt at the Next Saturn Return, 30 years from now.

groovygal

I have pluto and mars (conjunct) on the cusp of 12th in Libra, and it also conjuncts my Libra ascendant. Some astrologers say that it would be translated more in the 1st house since it is so close, but I'm not sure.
For me this placement has a strong effect on my psychologically, dealing with sexual taboos and fantasies. I think I also have a secret agression that's bubbling inside, sometimes, I feel very intense and even victimized too. I've been sexually abused and experienced some violence in my life. Maybe this relates to the 12th house, I don't know. On the otherhand, I'm very much into the powers of psychological and physical healing with my partners, transforming negativity to postivity, as I do have my chiron in the 7th house too.

Attachments

• chart.gif
    chart.gif
    24.6 KB · Views: 41

Belgianmoonguy

L.C. said:
What if your 12th house is empty?

Then one has to look at the ruler of his 12th house...
My 12th is empty also (except my Sun/ Moon midpoint in Leo)
Its ruler, the Sun, is in 10, and very aspected... opposed to Neptune (how much more 12th can one get), trined by Pluto, conjuncted by Mars, and 45° to Venus (very exact)

In the Solar Return of 2005... I had a Sun in 12, Venus/ Mercury/ Saturn also in 12 but they were all within 3° of the rising, and Neptune conjuncted my Moon in 8... Well, my intrest in spiritual stuff increased that year, but i was also a bit promiscuous and did some dope experiments

This Solar Return (06) doesn't seem so 12th focused... Although, ruler of the 12, Mercury, in 10, but intercepted... Neptune's here in the 5th in Aqua

SR of 07 is more 12th focused... Ruler 12th exactly in the 2nd house cusp, and Moon in 12 in Scorpio (Which is also my solar Rising)... Neptune's here in 3...

Every beginning is a new ending and vice versa...
I believe the 12th prepares for what the 1st expresses

Teddybull

Kimbermoon,
Sorry to hear of your four years. Yikees.... all that happening. You must be one strong woman! You have turned it around into growth by your attitude. Thank you for sharing.... you definitely will heal others through your experiences. It was pretty 'gut wrenching' to read of everything that happened.

This turned into an interesting thread..... the 12th will always be just beyond my intellect. The house does exactly what it wants me to do, keep searching.

Carole, thanks for that blessing of Jup in the 12th. Yes, I always felt I had souls beyond the physical working for my liberation... working in mysterious ways too. Somehow, detours and disasters in my life have worked out for me. I am now working on the philosophy of, don't resist..... and forgiveness.
Blessings, tb

kimbermoon

The 12h is about both beginnings and endings.....it is where we come full circle. I do believe it represents karmic implications on the psychological level, with the understanding that karma forces us to confront the Law of Cause and Effect. What we learn through this house will either help the individual to heal deep inner wounds and motivate them towards higher spiritual aspirations or send them spiralling down towards retreat and withdrawal from life.

It can be either the house of healing or the house of self-undoing: Where we will survive or be defeated.
I am personally well acquainted with this house, as I have Saturn/Neptune conjunct therein.

lilllybelle

I'm getting to where I down right like living in the 12th house. I could keep my saturn here forever. It's a safe place, but I already feal the 1st house approaching. A couple of days ago I was driving at 5 in the morning and I just wanted the earth to stay in that darkness forever. I didn't want to see the brightness of dawn. It's kind of similar to me being born almost 2 months late. I did a past life regression once and I remembered not wanting to come to this place and be born. I resented my mother and didn't want to come out of her body. I was glad to see my father though. I saw my exhusbands face telling me I had to go before I descended into darkness. I wasn't too happy about him making me come back. He made his descent through the vaginal canal 12 hours and 48 minutes after me. Saturn in the 12th I guess. L.

Teddybull

Lillybelle,
I am honestly thinking that everyone entering into the physical plane does not want to enter. Is there a hell? Certainly, where do I think I am now.

I've got Saturn in the first conj my cap asc. Didn't want to enter either.
Okay on a lighter note, it's interesting people like on this board that makes life bearable and fun. Time for some chocolate......

Last edited:

Sweet Stars

I have my Sun in Gemini in the 12th house (Cusp on Gemini/Cancer)

I also have my North Node in cancer in the 12th house.

My Pas Fortunae also in Gemini at the 29th degree in the 12th house.

MyAmor also in Gemini at the 29th degree in the 12th house.

What do you guys think this means?

SunMoon

I also have Gemini in the 12 House and since Gemini is so much about the intellect, the only link i can make is that i've never been very smart or intellectual, but Chiron falls in Gemini too in my chart, so maybe it's just that.
I have no planets in the 12th. And i have most planets in water signs/fire signs and some in earth. The only planet i have in an air sign is Chiron.

sara31tx

Here are some articles I found about the 12th house. Hope some of this helps. Also check out the book The Twelfth House(the hidden power's in the horoscope)by Karen Hamaker-Zondag. You can google it and read some pages from her book.

SOLITUDE. Planets in the 12th house refer to aspects of our experience that require serious withdrawal and alone time to access. Solitude, as opposed to lonliness, expresses the gratifying element of being alone. Alone, as in all one; all alone. Solitude is a universal condition that not every personality is comfortable with, unless they have 12th house planets. For example, a person with a 12th house Uranus may not know true freedom without solitude.

UNITY WITH SOURCE. The experience of cosmic unity, or oneness with all of existence, refers to a deep human need for gnosis, or direct knowledge of God. The cause of much human suffering stems from being cut off and divided from Source by the self-imposed borders, divisions, boundaries society (we) create in an attempt to organize and control the chaos of real life. People with 12th house planets need a little, or a lot more, of this natural chaos in their lives and tend to shy away from and/or avoid any externally imposed categorizations that theaten their experience of deep unity

We can perhaps say that the 12th house signifies the material price that one must pay in order to reap spiritual gains. Obviously, the two 'realities' or realms of awareness hardly enjoy any equivalence in values. What might sound like a terrible loss when awareness is focused in the materialistic plane might not automatically signify something of equal positive or negative value in the spiritual!

Planets that are associated with the 12th house in a horoscope, for instance those that are located in the 12th, are important indicators of the materialistic areas that need work so that one may reap spiritual benefits. The natural significance (role; karakattwa) of such a planet must be taken into account, as well as those things signified by its rulership over houses in the given horoscope.

The sun represents the individuality and ego (which can readily become EGO!) and by virtue of being placed in the 12th house would signify the lure of EGO, WHICH must be overcome by the nativity before any real spiritual advancement can commence. This would be even more so, should Leo be rising in the ascendant, thereby imparting the sun with a natural and temporal or chart-specific focus as during double duty as a significator of the self and ego, two keywords that are primarily studied from the first house! Should such a situation (sun in cancer in a Leo rising nativity) be present in a chart where Saturn the epitome of humbleness rises, the path towards self-effacement becomes harder and not easier! The task, signified by the sun in the 12th remains the same, but the expression and self-perception, thanks to the Saturn in ascendant, lulls one into minimizing the extent of the task! "After all, how much more humble can one appear", is what such a nativity feels? The mantra for someone with such a horoscopic signature obviously is to 'become' humble and not merely be contented with simply "appearing" to be humble!

For someone who is born with Venus in the 12th, the battle becomes one that is fought less at the mental level! Indeed, such may be the plethora of artifacts of pleasure, luxury and distractions that one finds the time and opportunities to think about the soul, much later in the game of earthly existence, perhaps through finding a parental role!

While this may not be cast in stone, more often than not, when one is born with a planet in the 12th house, one is almost assured of 'reminders' from the spirit! These reminders may appear in one of many different forms, but generally are unmistakable and quite often persistent. These could occur during significant transits, and during the periods of dasha (the Vedic system of timing using a special form of progression of the natal moon) of planets situated in the 12th house as well as during periods of planets in the stars ruled by planets that are associated with the 12th. One may choose to treat the 12th house as ones enemy and may try to reduce its impact but running and hiding in the game of spiritual evolution merely delays the inevitable, namely, that growth and maturity is the birthright of the soul and is best handled by facing rather than turning away from opportunities for growth that challenge us throughout life.

Sag Moon

I have noticed many people that need to work behind the scenes and form strategy like generals or scientist have Pluto in the 12th.

It can create breaksown when taken to extreme's. Many presidents have 12th planets as they need to work behind the scenes also and be promoted as being something more than they are.

It is not as bad as people think having 12th house planets. Many succeful people have 12th planets and work out the hard angles of their being first.

In my family my sister has hard 12th planets and is in the hospital now.That is one downside to the 12th as it has an affinity for poor health.

sara31tx

Sag Moon said:
I have noticed many people that need to work behind the scenes and form strategy like generals or scientist have Pluto in the 12th.

It can create breaksown when taken to extreme's. Many presidents have 12th planets as they need to work behind the scenes also and be promoted as being something more than they are.

It is not as bad as people think having 12th house planets. Many succeful people have 12th planets and work out the hard angles of their being first.

In my family my sister has hard 12th planets and is in the hospital now.That is one downside to the 12th as it has an affinity for poor health.
Do you think my Pluto in the 12th might explain why I have a fear of being the one in charge. I always try to pick jobs that keeps me behind the scene. I have this fear of failure for some reason, like I am going to ***** something up or not be able to do the job. I also have a really hard time expressing myself. It never comes out the way I want it too. So, this is one of the reason I do not have many friends. It is not because I have a hard time making them. I prefer my own company for some reason. I was not like this until about the age of 22 now I am 31. I was invited to go to a church camp with my daughter to help out. I said yes, but inside I am already having fears about having to be in a leadership position. Does this have anything to do with the 12th house.

Sag Moon

I have Gemini Intercepted and I feel it's the reason I have problems sleeping as mind races wehn trying to relax.

I have a strong mind and am always thinking as Me is my Oriental planet rising before my sun.

Do you have trouble falling asleep?

Sag Moon

You need to except the fact that you are as human like everyone else and that it pays to take chances.

In the world today it pays to be conservative and be alittle apprehensive and feel others out before getting to xlose to others.

As far accepting positions it might be fear of crriticism which you should disregard. Everyone needs to show some control.If not you then who?

I can't work with others as I find they want to be lord over me and I can't have that. I need to be me!

Look at my chart:
5\13\60 NYC 8:12a 2Can Asc

sara31tx

Sag Moon said:
I have Gemini Intercepted and I feel it's the reason I have problems sleeping as mind races wehn trying to relax.

I have a strong mind and am always thinking as Me is my Oriental planet rising before my sun.

Do you have trouble falling asleep?
I have trouble falling asleep. But once I do go to sleep I do not want to get up.