Search results

1. A

A Voyage of Discovery: Astrological Ages for the Tropical Zodiac

David, Now that I'm rereading the thread again today, I feel quite remiss I about a few things I wrote, and would like to amend them. First, I think the work you've done and are presenting here is brilliant and amazingly advanced and informed. I have every hope that Mountain Astrologer will...
  2. A

A Voyage of Discovery: Astrological Ages for the Tropical Zodiac

Excellent choice of timing, David! The misled optimism of the inaccurately informed, but the hopeful optimistic hippie generation. (E.g. the musical Hair). Much more accurate. Circa 1 AD is when the sidereal and tropical zodiacs aligned. YES, even more than cusps in the tropical astrology, the...
  3. A

The Ugly Side of the Age of Aquarius

Excuse me, but how do you arrive at such a dire conclusion?? To quote from Alan Oken [Alan Oken's Complete Astrology, Bantam Books, 1980. p. 275]: "Saturn is the Teacher who says: 'In order to expand your consciousness or material worth or social positions, you must first learn the...
  4. A

Dear Passiflora, I apologize for failing to respond to your question so long ago! Actually, all I can say is that I truly don't know what is going to happen. Looking at the state of the world right now, the outlook seems hopeless at this juncture in history. It seems we're in full Kali Yuga...
  5. A

David, before we ever debate again, please read both Ray Grasse (Signs of the Times - ALL of it) and (regarding spiritually motivated violence) Arthur Koestler (Ghost in the Machine, at least the 3rd section). I could quote and quote and quote from them, but such would be wasted effort when the...
  6. A

I appreciate your comment! He should have stopped even before that - I give no credence whatsoever to Cyril Fagan and his his "Neo-Siderealism". His interpretation of the Age of Pisces as an Age of Aries is messed-up nonsense in "my humble opinion". As I have suggested before, the Age of...
  7. A

Yeah, I got your pun! It's actually pronounced "AHN-kahr", but it's close enough to be pretty punny - especially if you have a foreign accent! :wink: I actually got off this train several stations back. (I'm phoning this in.) I realized that it was speeding into a byzantine region that I didn't...
  8. A

Nor am I any fan of Edison the person at all (he was actually quite an egotistical, self-promoting jerk [Brit. "wanker"?] with limited brilliance). I have far more admiration for Tesla's incredible genius (and he was much weirder and socially dysfunctional as any true genius should be...
  9. A

Eureka! Spot on, David! It does seem an unrewarding pursuit to try and establish exact dates or boundaries for something as vast in scope as an Astrological Age. Considering accepted axioms in quantum physics, the forefront of science, such as the Law of Uncertainty, Non-Locality, Quantum...
  10. A

Thank you, David. Excellent reasoning and information. There is really nothing about sidereal astrology that works for me and given your additional specifics, I find it even less appealing. You do make me aware of how thoughtlessly I use 1AD as a reference point and count by 2160-year units...
  11. A

Or it could just possibly be YOUR lack of understanding, not to mention your embarrassing dearth of courtesy. Who said anything about counting tornadoes? Would you care to comment about the intensity of hurricanes? A VERY REAL AND DEVASTATING INCREASE IN INTENSITY. But excuse me, you likely...
  12. A

I'm happy that you found this discussion interesting, David! I'm hoping that Opal and HKK will jump back in and continue adding more fascinating information. This is all very important to me as well. I have been fascinated with Astrological Ages ever since I first heard the song "This Is the...
  13. A

HKK, I still believe that we are experiencing a Kali Yuga, which is a new concept for me - the signs (the "attributes") that are included in your link are are too accurate to deny. I need to see how the Yugas can be fitted into the astrological system of the Great Year and the 12 Ages...
  14. A

Your link is to an excellent article and explanation of the Precession of the Equinoxes and the Astrological Ages. I have always believed that these four major transitions are Plutonian in nature - which means that devastating cataclysms are necessary to clear the way for renewal. Very...
  15. A

Brilliant reference, HKK. Thank you. We have definitely begun Kali Yuga! It appears to be a horrific phenomenon between every Age, no matter what sign it may be. The rampant technology is characteristically Aquarius in this Kali Yuga - but everything else is always the same, isn't it. This...
  16. A

This comment is too powerful to go unrecognized, so I am bringing it out of the depths of another thread where it was not recognized. I too, having lived through 6 decades, am overwhelmed by the increase of cancer and other diseases - and the frightening growth of autism and life-threatening...
  17. A

Neptune's a b*tch

Lots of insightful observations here about Neptune and the various ways that it affects us. Though I'm not a Pisces, I'm a very Neptunian person: natally, I have Venus, Mars, Jupiter, and the NN all tightly conjunct in Pisces. My Neptune is in Libra, making it in "mutual reception" with my...
  18. A

Does anyone else hate having Mars in Pisces?

I assume you mean the exact degree and house? My natal NN is at 20PIS32 Rx. My natal Mars is at 16PIS26. At my birthplace, they are both in my 2nd House. In my relocation chart, Mars and NN are in my 1st (I used to doubt the validity of relocation, but I've had WAY too much confirmation in the...
  19. A

Does anyone else hate having Mars in Pisces?

I hesitate to say this, but misery loves company - I really understand, deeply empathize with everything you're going through...it sounds SO familiar to me, so very much like my daily lethargy. But to reframe - a grief shared is half a grief...but somehow that doesn't seem to help much here...
  20. A

Here to discuss quintuple-hit transits!

I would be interested in the research you have to support this. Is this "newsflash" perhaps based on just current assumption? How much is it based empirically on actual experience? I know that several experienced career astrologers I've either consulted or read would strongly object to such a...