Search results

1. A

The clockwork of Astrology

I wonder how astrology works for people - how they see it's background, it's clockwork. For me, when I started grasping into, it felt naturally to imagine a holistic metaphysic, every single thing around me would be appointed, described, ruled by the Astrological Map. Following the "as above...
  2. A

Progressions, Transits - in what they differ?

I would like to ask your opinions about differences between those concepts. The transit and the progression. In what they are different? Both in effects, as in "explanation" of "what they are". Also, if a Planet transits towards a Progressed Planet, or transits towards a Natal one, in what it...
  3. A

Traditional Sources - hidden in some arabic library?

When I first started studying Astrology one thing that fascinated me was the plethora of Arabic names all around it. This is due to my unhappiness towards the refusal of arabic language on European academics for the last centuries. For a long time we learned that the arabs "only translated the...
  4. A

How about the Lunar Nodes

I have some doubts about the Lunar Nodes, how were they seen in traditional astrology. Are the South and North Node considered? What are their means? I know some meanings used in other traditions that I would like to clarify if they are present in traditional: - South Node related with past...
  5. A

Ketu, Rahu, Candra, Surya

Jyotish seems to highlight Candra, but Ketu and Rahu have the emblem of Grahas, though are formed by a relation between Surya and Candra paths. This makes Surya also highlighted in a certain measure, but I never read though any mythological/symbolic relation between it. What would be the...
  6. A

Asteroid Quaoar (50000)

When Quaoar made an exact conjunction with the star Shaula (the sting of the Scorpio) there was I walking through spirals to get at the top of a hill, which is also to the center of an ancient city and get a 360 vision of the sea... Marvellous day. Anyone more have Quaoar stories? A little...
  7. A

Astrological Day of Knowledge - 24 August

This is the moment when the Sun visits in a short space of time two stars that refers to wisdom: the star Atri, the most famous of the seven sages of India, and the star "Alpha Sextans Uraniae", which represents the astrolabe used by the Muse that rules the sciences. Indeed, in the West, Atri...
  8. A

Aries symbolism - lost in modernity?

I had always find a little weird that the most "fierce" of the Signs, rivalizing only with Scorpio is represented by... a Sheep. When I heard, though, the description of Bharani nakshatra (which makes part of Aries) I found it quite comprehensible. Bharani means to bear, and the meaning is...
  9. A

Thailand rescue, Pluto sextile Ceto

Anyone noted that It happenned (with a moment to praise the rescue and have good wishes to everyone involved) along this sextile? By mythology Ceto could be the naked, bare, crude,raw,rustic matter, but also the simple, the necessary, the plenty and basic matter that sustains. Mountain, Clay...
  10. A

Help reading a chart

Hi, I kindly ask for a reading of this chart, it's of a person I've met who is passing through confusing things in recent times that she finds inexplicable. I attached the natal + transits and the natal + progressed. Any comment or analysis will be taken with much attention and answered with...
  11. A

Sirius Star

I'm opening this thread to discuss this star influence. Anyone had experiences with it? Robson, via Constellation of Words: "According to Ptolemy it is of the nature of Jupiter and Mars and, to Alvidas, of the Moon, Jupiter and Mars. It gives honor, renown, wealth, ardor, faithfulness...
  12. A

House ruled by the Sun

I've seen many astrological theories that put a lot of emphasis on the Sun. Also, many that emphasizes the Ascendant or MC. What I found weird is that I don't remember to have read a theory that emphasized the "house ruled by the Sun" by any means - what would at first seem a natural...
  13. A

Position, Dispositor and Synastries

It's often considered that if we have Mercury in Leo, we should look at the Sun's position to understand better Mercury's action - and we call the Sun the dispositor. However, in a synastry a Mercury in Leo can be conjunct with the Mercury in Leo of another person, even when both have Suns in...
  14. A

Houses in the exact "opposite" signs

How would you interprete a person which has a couple of houses ruled by their opposite signs? Let's say, house 5 in Aquarius and house 11 in Leo. So, this person would have house 5 ruled by Uranus/Saturn, and house 11 by the Sun... Although this is not rare, neither it is hard to find many...
  15. A

Behind the starry veil, or metaphysics

Aristotle said Gods can't see the particulars. Weird hope of being at least half an accident, and for exactly that, being free. While stoics defended the all-necessity, Horace wrote "scire nefas", Omar Khayam, that would change the insensitive dome of the heavens, with his own hands, if he...
  16. A

Solar Return against birth chart and profected chart

I wonder what would be the different meanings of applying a Solar Revolution in synastry with a Birth Chart and with a Profected Birth Chart. Perhaps the meanings of the transits(solar revolution) towards the Birth Chart would relate to the general life of the person as a whole? And the...
  17. A

12th part and it's interpretations

I'm studying about 12th parts and I found it very interesting. What would be possible interpretations for the 12th part of a planet or a point? I couldn't find more than generic explanations of having a "relation" with the planet or point. How the 12th parts relate with each other? And with...
  18. A

Moon Squaring Sun - right now

Anyone does feel it?
  19. A

Help understanding my Mars

I wanted to figure out better the energy of my Mars. It's in 29'47 Gemini, in conjunct with Chiron in 3' Cancer, square Pallas in Pisces orb 2', opposite Uranus in Capricorn orb 5', trine Ascendant(Scorpio) orb 1,5' I also have Jupiter in 9' Gemini. I feel acting much by movement and words...
  20. A

Personal and Outer Planets: aspects?

I've read often that personal planets would influence little Saturn and Jupiter. And that no planet would influence Uranus, Neptune and Pluto except themselves influencing each other. What do you think about it? It seems to be a very accepted theory, but I'm a little bit suspicious of it -...