Search results

1. Arian Maverick

Potential Coffee Grinder Purchase - Will It Be Worth It?

You flatter me, StillOne. It's strange to think people still find and read my old posts, but I am glad you seem to have enjoyed them. I haven't consulted the chart again since I posted it, but during the intervening time I convinced myself not to buy the coffee grinder because I know that if...
  2. Arian Maverick

Potential Coffee Grinder Purchase - Will It Be Worth It?

Hello, everyone! :happy: I feel somewhat guilty for popping in here at random intervals to ask a horary question without participating more deeply in other forum discussions, but many areas of my life have been progressing full-speed ahead, so my astrological studies have become a lesser...
  3. Arian Maverick

How Long Will I Work at New Job?

Thank you rafaella and dr. farr for explaining how you arrived at your conclusions; your reasoning makes sense, and what's more, the chart seemed to open up when I applied a few of the principles you've described. I'm not familiar with John Frawley's work, which must sound sacrilegious to...
  4. Arian Maverick

I consider this job to be more service type work, but one in which I intend to learn as much as possible. It may not lead directly to the kind of career I had envisioned, but certainly, it is in a related field. I believe the sixth house is the correct house to consider because Virgo on the cusp...
  5. Arian Maverick

Hello everyone! It feels strange to be posting again after so many months of inactivity, but it's nice to return to my first online "home," however briefly. I haven't had much time to study astrology during these months, so my knowledge of horary, never expansive to begin with, is rusty. I'm...
  6. Arian Maverick

Career direction and going back to school

Bob, are you using Ptolemy's Table of Essential Dignities or another system? I can see that Venus has the most dignity at the Midheaven degree because this is a day chart (Sun above the horizon) so Venus is the triplicity ruler and term ruler. (I admit this confuses me slightly, since I learned...
  7. Arian Maverick

Sun Square Neptune

This is the best article I've encountered about the dynamics of Saturn in Neptune in any aspect. It really helped me better understand the seemingly conflicting impulses of these planets when forced into cohabitation, as it were: The Desert of the Real: The Saturn-Neptune Gestalt by Bill Streett...
  8. Arian Maverick

METHODS for past lives/reincarnation

I had studied your natal chart for about an hour after I had read your first set of instruction and attempted to retrace your steps and remake the connections you'd made, but I became frustrated because I could not make the same intuitive leaps. I also was not 100% percent certain I had done the...
  9. Arian Maverick

I apologize if I sound too contrary addressing all of these minor issues. I'm just trying to understand where you're coming from, and to do that, I need to make sure all the details are correct. I hope you understand with your Virgo Ascendant and Virgo South Node, as well. This chart shows...
  10. Arian Maverick

Can you post your natal chart, perhaps, so those of us who are interested may retrace your steps? Arian Maverick
  11. Arian Maverick

Does My Appearance Resemble Pisces or Aries Ascendant?

I felt I needed to remind people that I have an Aries stellium in this thread because most people detected an Aries influence in my appearance. Without the knowledge that I already have a heavy emphasis upon this sign, they may have assumed automatically that I have an Aries Ascendant. For me...
  12. Arian Maverick

Do you use Whole Sign House system? If so, then yes, my Aries stellium would be located in the second whole sign house. But in most house systems, my Aries stellium is located within the first house even if the Ascendant is not in Aries. Apology accepted. No hard feelings! :happy: My Sun is...
  13. Arian Maverick

What is my ascendant?

Have you read through the threads Ascendant Sign Descriptions and Aspects to Ascendant: Conjunctions and Parallels? Kannon specializes in rectifying natal charts based at least partially on physical appearance. Your Facebook profile picture is lovely, but you may wish to post a head shot for...
  14. Arian Maverick

Calm down Red Hood! I created this thread two years ago, and since then I've had two astrologers rectify my natal chart to Pisces Ascendant. Nevertheless, I still have a first house Aries stellium consisting entirely of personal planets--the Sun, Moon, Mercury, and Venus--so I am perplexed that...
  15. Arian Maverick

Alright, Alright, I'm Introducing Myself Now.

There are theories about how astrology "works" which suggest that each of us chooses the moment we incarnate--the moment in space and time that best will help us develop ourselves spiritually. Perhaps this explanation is a bit fanciful, but again, it is appealing for the reason you described...
  16. Arian Maverick

Alright, Alright, I'm Introducing Myself Now.

Great introduction! You sound like a fascinating person, and I'll bet your boyfriend's words are right! :smile: Arian Maverick
  17. Arian Maverick

Is he going to prison?

The author of The Martial Art of Horary Astrology looks at "the condition of the 12th House Ruler with respect to the 1st House Ruler, and also the condition of the Moon. Among the rules concerning release are: A fast Moon brings the imprisonment to conclusion faster. Examine the angles of the...
  18. Arian Maverick

Is he going to prison?

I was drawn to this question because it's a sample question in one of my horary astrology books, and I was hoping I could use it as a guideline to take a stab at this chart. However, when I opened the attachment, I noticed the chart was titled "Is he seeing someone else?" Is this the correct...
  19. Arian Maverick

Will I Benefit from this Mentor Relationship?

Last night I reestablished contact with a woman whom I had met through an informal environmental networking group. (She's the leader of this group, in fact.) We had a relatively short but good relationship; I "tagged along" with her to various environmental conferences and helped set up tables...
  20. Arian Maverick

Please read my chart I am at a loss!

Perhaps I am not the best person to explain this concept, since I don't use solar arcs often, but in the interest of providing you with a basic answer more quickly, I'll respond. Solar arcs is a prediction technique that also often is used to check the accuracy of a chart. You calculate the...