Search results

1. D

Virgo - Mutable - At Mercy of Environment

Hopefully, this post does a better job of clarifying things. It seems like I have a great tendency of confusing those who would answer my questions. With some luck and even more importantly perseverance we ought to overcome this challenge. Firstly, do your best to talk in terms of the signs...
  2. D

Virgo - Mutable - At Mercy of Environment

Of the 4 Mutable Signs, Virgo seems to be the least mutable. I am sure I am biased in this, because my Sun is in Pisces, and her lack of mutability frequently depresses me. Yet, I am hoping to accomplish three goals in this post. First, for us to actually share our opinions on this sign. Please...
  3. D

Aquarius casting illusions

One of my limitations, at least when I am doing research, is to sound one-dimensional. I find I understand better wehn I tackle one thing at a time. In the case of astrology, which is incredibly complicated, I prefer the approach of figuring out the signs. When I feel comfortable with one sign...
  4. D

I admit what i am saying in this post is rather one dimensional. The main reason for this is I want to make sure I understand each dimension before I finally move on. The part I am having trouble with is what it means to have a Rational Viewpoint. The best way I can define this statement is...
  5. D

You are right, odds are if you offered her terrible advice she would not keep coming back for more. At least part of your advice has been helpful. Most likely more than just part. What advice did you offer her?
  6. D

Here is a simpler way of asking the question. Suppose Aquarius has a body of flesh and bone. Let us call this being Aquarius Personified. If they had a daughter that on occassion is overcome by emotion, how would they respond to this daughter. Normally, the daughter keeps her emotions to...
  7. D

I am getting the impression I am doing a terrible job of explaining myself. The reason for the "casting illusions" has to do with my being Pisces. It probably is more than just that, but Neptune as you know is great at casting illusions. I am so used to being surrounded by illusions, that the...
  8. D

I hope I am not alienating anyone with my posts. Sorry if I am. There are several things I wish to add to what I have already said. My rising sign is Gemini, which means I have a vague understanding of what it means to take a rational point of view. I believe this to be true for two reasons...
  9. D

Can anyone tell me about these transits?

Sorry for responding to your question by asking a question. Just to let you and everyone else know I am a nooby. What exactly is a transit? Right now, I believe a transit is a house without a heavenly body inside of it. By heavenly body in this case, I mean to say: Sun, Moon, Mercury, Venus...
  10. D

I would like to mention that this post has two purposes: Gain a better understanding of Aquarius. Be able to capture the essence of this sign so that I can include a character based on this sign in a story. This story is from the point of view of the daughter whose sign is Gemini. My main...
  11. D

So if the Aquarian father sees his emotional daughter making claims that are based on emotions rather than rationale logic, the father would in a detached manner call the daughter on her lack of logic. Then he would come up a solution that deals with the underlying logic, right? Like you said...
  12. D

SteveGus, what you said makes more sense to me now that you have said it. Looking back on what I was saying, I think deep down I knew this scenario does not sound like Aquarius at all. So thank you for your perspective.
  13. D

I appreciate your explanation. It gives me something to think about in regards to the individual elements and how they behave when combined. Unfortunately, I am looking to grasp the concept of each sign. I am not trying to simply define one sun sign, I am trying to find out how Aquarius...
  14. D

Does the entire hypothesis confuse you, or just parts of it? Perhaps this explanation will make more sense. I am in the process of creating characters for a book. These characters are personifications of the signs. One character represents Aquarius. He has a daughter, whom represents the Roguish...
  15. D

Hello everyone. Sorry if this question has been posted elsewhere. I tried to do a search on it, and failed to find anything. This could merely mean I did not look hard enough. So if you know of a post that already answers this question, then please post a link to it on this thread. Thank you...
  16. D

Hello Everyone! I think i am Kevin

I think the mistake I made, when I first posted my question about prominence is thinking when an astrologer used prominence in the manner I stated earlier, I assumed prominence in this case is astrologer jargon. Perhaps there is truth to prominence being astrologer jargon, but after reading your...
  17. D

General Synastry and Aspect Questions

Hello Everyone, I consider myself a budding astrologist. I would love to know more about synastry and why any of you believe it works. Secondly, I have read that when two planets in the same chart are anywhere from -10 degrees (350 degrees) to +10 degrees (10 degrees), then the signs are...
  18. D

Gemini sun with capricorn rising and moon is compatible with what signs?

I find myself curious about the poster's question as well. Now, I know a person's chart is far more comprehensive than merely a person's Sun, Moon, and Rising sign, but seeing how these three attributes of a person's chart in many circumstances are the most powerful indicators of a person, just...
  19. D

Hello Everyone! I think i am Kevin

I was just recently reading a description of Neptune and Pluto Aspects. It said, "... they are considered important in an individual's horoscope only if Neptune or Pluto are on the ascendant or Midheaven, or Pisces or Scorpio is prominent." Now, I have seen the word prominent being used in other...
  20. D

I am a Ascendant Gemini

Hey there fellow Gemini Rising native. My Ascendant is Gemini, too. So we share a similar outlook on the world and people view us wearing a Gemini mask. What are your Sun and Moon signs? Welcome to the forums!