Search results

1. HoldOrFold

Why do we say Jupiter aspects the 7th when its 3rd and 10th aspects are stronger?

Therefore, as controversial as it sounds, saying "Mars aspects the 4th, 5th, 9th and 10th" would be more accurate than saying "Mars aspects the 4th, 7th and 10th". Isn't that strange?
  2. HoldOrFold

Why do we say Jupiter aspects the 7th when its 3rd and 10th aspects are stronger?

Thank you, this is very interesting. This seems to confirm that the common practice of using the 7th aspect as a full strength aspect for all planets is not the correct practice in the case with Mars, Saturn and Jupiter according to Parashara. Most astrologers will say Mars for example only...
  3. HoldOrFold

So where is the information coming from on this Wikipedia article: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Astrological_aspect_(Hindu_Astrology)#Planetary_aspects_according_to_the_Parashari_System_of_prognostication ? Quoting from there: " According to Parashara all planets cast their aspects on the 3rd...
  4. HoldOrFold

Why is Parashara saying that Jupiter's 7th aspect is only half strength then? And listing the 3rd and 10th aspect of Jupiter and its strength?
  5. HoldOrFold

We normally say all planets have the conjunction and the 7th aspect which operate at full strength and Mars, Jupiter and Saturn additionally have their extra aspects. What's seldom mentioned is that there are other aspects happening but we ignore them because they are considered too weak to pay...
  6. HoldOrFold

Conjunction by Nakshatra

I've noticed, with transits at least, that the effect of a transiting planet conjunct a natal planet is stronger when the transiting planet is in the same Nakshatra as the natal planet and tends to wane after it exits the Nakshatra. Has anyone else noticed this? Though I haven't had the...
  7. HoldOrFold

Effect of planet debilitated in Navamsa on planets in the Rashi

I've read in several places that a planet's true dignity is in the Navamsa, and if a planet is debilitated there it will negatively affect the planet even in the Rashi. So let's say someone has Saturn exalted in the Rashi chart, but debilitated in the Navamsa. And let's say this person has a...
  8. HoldOrFold

Julias Caesar inventing the sign of Libra

Well technically Caesar didn't invent it himself but it was created in his honour. After his assassination the Romans decided to section off a bit of Scorpio and create Libra in honour of Caesar. Am I missing something or is there much deeper history re: Libra?
  9. HoldOrFold

synodic cycle

Astroseek has an ephimeres search: https://horoscopes.astro-seek.com/ephemeris-search-engine-astrology-planet-positions Where it can give the dates when planets are in the selected aspects to each other. Not sure if that does what you want though.
  10. HoldOrFold

What divisional chart represents your social life?

Yes that's very true, good point. A lot could have been attributed to those Rasi aspects. Thing is with my Saturn, it's in pretty good condition in the Rasi chart. It's in the 3rd which is kind of neutral, aspecting the 9th, 5th and 12th. But it's exalted in Libra with a parivartan yoga with...
  11. HoldOrFold

Yeah, I figured he wouldn't of have, I suppose it's something we have to work out ourselves. Like dating (without marriage) for instance, isn't something I hear a lot about regarding the divisional charts because I suppose it wasn't really much of a thing back then. However, I've heard a few...
  12. HoldOrFold

I've read the D10 relates to career success, social mobility in terms of profession etc. But what divisional chart would relate to your social life with friends, popularity amongst peers, having fun and so on?
  13. HoldOrFold

Any ways around astrology?

... Ryan Kurczak on dealing with clients with a difficult 5th house Everyone still has free will though, perhaps this is a good starting point...
  14. HoldOrFold

Cadent houses being weak vs planetary joys

This summary is pretty much where I'm at in my head with all of this as well
  15. HoldOrFold

Chris Brennan mentions this in that paper linked above: Manilius is the only ancient author who described an alternate scheme for the joys, where Venus rejoices in the 10th rather than the 5th, and Saturn in the 4th rather than the 12th. Unfortunately, since Manilius’ text is the only one...
  16. HoldOrFold

I'd like to see that too if anyone manages to find anything.
  17. HoldOrFold

Though as was mentioned before, many of the meanings of the houses may have actually derived from the joys. Chris Brennan: Of course, that was never a concern of mine. What I really wanted to figure out is if/how the joys override the weakness of cadency. I think I'm starting to get a...
  18. HoldOrFold

Yeah, that's a good idea though I don't think she participates in the forum anymore. I ran across this thread where a user was sharing some of their insights. Though they're no expert either they have some interesting ideas... quote:
  19. HoldOrFold

Debrah Houlding is a respected traditional astrologer, was an editor of a traditional astrology magazine and is principle of some traditional astrology school. Would you say she's misguided in her description of planets in their joy being "especially strong"? I'm no expert myself.
  20. HoldOrFold

I 'assume' it means "believed to be" ... [especially strong]