Search results

1. L

Free old edition of Ptolemy's Tetrabiblos for the taking

Hi, Today's free book of the day on forgottenbooks website is the old edition of.. Ptolemy's Tetrabiblos, or Quadripartite - Being Four Books of the Influence of the Stars; Newly Translated From the Greek Paraphrase of Proclus, With Explanatory Notes, and an Appendix, Containing...
  2. L

Understanding Saturn

That is really an awful thing but it seems to be kind of common having nasty experiences with Saturn in first house. Not trying to put you down but I'm really tired of seeing things like Saturn rewards you later in life a lot, for all the work you did in first 30-35 years of life. I really want...
  3. L

Why does modern astrology portray Scorpio as the strongest sign?

Valid point, not going to argue on that, but how is that a tiny insignificant planet Pluto came to be known for transformation? Pluto as someone living in underworld overseeing the death and death as a transformation, Pluto came to be known for transformation? Staying in one sign for close to...
  4. L

They think by doing that Pluto will grant them wealth and power, if it were really the case all the modern astrologers and people who sing laurels of Pluto should have become so wealthy that they don't need to read charts for living. :lol: I don't want to take names but some Western Traditional...
  5. L

I'm a Scorpio Asc. with Pluto in Scorpio, there is nothing special about me, in fact if any I like to think I'm more dense than others because I don't concern myself with everything that is happening on the planet. It is very unfortunate thing for a bipedal with human intelligence to say that...
  6. L

You have to ask Linda Goodman and other modern astrologers who extolled this sign like gods from above favour this sign over other signs. Strength is a quality of a warrior which can be expressed in two ways - 1) taking action in case of Aries and 2) being patient and comfortable toiling...
  7. L

Saturn: A catalyst for change or a bringer of stagnation?

I'm curious how do you think planets affect the lives of humans on Earth?
  8. L

Whether you believe in Traditional or Modern, you can't say a planet is not a sentient being. All the planets are sentient beings, real and they like to play with humans.
  9. L

I wrote the above reply #20 as I got some free time after a guy made me wait as he was late for the meeting (Saturn makes you wait) and the guy is super pissed for whatever reason and told I did a really horrible job at a presentation just looking at one slide among the 90 odd slides I worked on...
  10. L

The reason I said I don’t follow is because I was not sure what were you trying to imply with this new generation of kids post the great conjunction. Were you saying it happened regardless of the perception modern astrology advocates or not? I’m still not sure what your position on this by...
  11. L

Hello Thirdteenth! :ninja: If I meet with a bad accident in a bad Saturn transit and break bones, worse disabled, my perception towards the event does not do any good to me. I cannot say my pain will go away or I can walk again if I change my perception towards the accident. All I can say to...
  12. L

I don't follow what you are trying to say.
  13. L

It is strange how modern astrology normalises everything and says it is all your perception, a planet can be good or bad depends on how you take it. Then Saturn is just like your granny who gives you cookies regardless you behave proper or rude. The conjunction of Saturn and Jupiter in...
  14. L

Celibacy in traditional astrology

True, a particular placement is seen across countless people but every chart is unique.
  15. L

I read somewhere he had only Moon in Cap, and he was a momma's boy.
  16. L

I have come to accept that life is more fatalistic in line with the traditional astrology's opinion with all the experiences I have had so far. May be it is so for Saturn dominated natives (Saturn has the next highest accidental dignity with peregrine after Venus, the Lady of Geniture in my...
  17. L

It is very difficult to explain this dichotomy of supposed Virgo virgins being playboy centerfolds, probably it alludes to the fact of meticulousness of Virgos to use information, in this case using their sexuality and youngish looks for living keeping it separate from their intimate private...
  18. L

Thanks waybread, no sexual abuse but very strict upbringing by a cold mother but I’m not unique, every second person you come across have such upbringing from a middle class conservative family. I don’t hold the upbringing responsible for my celibacy but like you said Saturn cripples my self...
  19. L

Thanks Osamenor, I already checked, Venus went retrograde in the year after I was born, so this is not valid in my case. @ AJ Astrology, not sure which house system and method you followed to analyse all the things you said? Thanks conspiracy theorist, I was not aware of this research but...
  20. L

I think we discussed this in another long heated discussion with others, I do not know who said it but clearly the person is wrong from my perspective as I strongly find stars compel all the time. :biggrin: I'm trying to understand the underlying reasons for celibacy from traditional...