Search results

1. Witchyone

Saturn symbol of opposition

It's well understood that his work lay the foundation. https://www.history.com/topics/inventions/einstein-regret-video
  2. Witchyone

Saturn symbol of opposition

I've read before that Mercury conjunct Saturn leads to slowness of mind and learning disabilities. It's funny to me that Einstein had it, and at such a tight orb, given that his name is synonymous with intelligence. Perhaps you can explain it with the contraparallel declination, but I dislike...
  3. Witchyone

Virgo represents our femininity

I'm thinking of two Virgo suns I know very well. The younger one really struggles with decisions. The older one is better at them, but yes, they both worry about making the right move. They're very hard on themselves if they make a mistake.
  4. Witchyone

Virgo represents our femininity

Virgo is associated with one aspect of femininity by mythology, the virginal maiden part, but there are at least three female archetypes (maiden, mother, and crone). And that's if you're looking at things through an ancient, rather limited lens. The thing most Virgo suns I know have in common...
  5. Witchyone

2/23/2022 Putin's Russia invades Ukraine

Unfortunately, I think the chart I cast has the wrong time, so the houses are off. This one might be more accurate. https://i0.wp.com/bluemoonzodiac.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/RussianInvasionAnnouncement.jpg?resize=768%2C540&ssl=1
  6. Witchyone

I think you might find this "sea and land" powers discussion from the Russian POV interesting. The speaker doesn't connect this idea to the Ages directly, but I can see similarities to what you've described. The "land" power sounds very much like Earth, and specifically Capricorn descriptions...
  7. Witchyone

What does it change about my reality if I accept we're in Capricorn, Pisces, or Aquarius? It's an interesting idea, but I fail to see how it matters.
  8. Witchyone

But what is the _impetus_ of the cycle of samsara? No one knows. You just have to accept it or not accept it on faith. I didn't accept the religion I was born and raised in on faith, so I sure ain't doing it for another one that I have no family ties to or guilt about. :tongue: You've lost me...
  9. Witchyone

Do you know where the idea of the ages originated? Have you explored which age we were said to be in when humanity came to be?
  10. Witchyone

The rotation of the Earth "drives" the zodiac. Distant, unrelated stars appear to move across the sky from our point of view because we are on a spinning sphere. If you're asking once again about what force causes the apparent patterns we see, I don't know. I don't think anyone knows, and it's...
  11. Witchyone

I think it's one way of looking at everything happening on Earth. It's not my primary lens, though. It falls apart very easily, but it's one of the most fun ways of looking, so I still look. What about you? It strikes me that you haven't really said what you think about it. You guys have...
  12. Witchyone

Is there agreement on where the Age Indicator is currently located? I couldn't find any agreement reading about it.
  13. Witchyone

Ah yes, that's coming back to me now. That strikes me as not a very good reason, just convenience. Are you okay with things having played out this way? I know a lot of modern astrologers draw comparisons between houses and signs (Aries = house 1, for example). What do you make of that? Some say...
  14. Witchyone

As I said, I don't see a transition. I see change over time. It matters because if there was a school of thought, I could go read about it and try to understand. What value is there in determining the age when every chart we've ever seen will be under the same age?
  15. Witchyone

I don't really think it hurts anything for people to break the signs down in various ways, but I haven't seen a scheme that makes more sense to me than just seeing the zodiac as a circle with no beginning and no end. Cancer used to be the first sign, Gemini the last. Why was it switched to...
  16. Witchyone

I don't think there has been an obvious cross-over point from the ancient to the modern. I think it's been a gradual process in human societies with some fits and starts, largely due to wars destroying cultures and libraries (accumulated knowledge), and necessitating that some things start over...
  17. Witchyone

That is how I understand modern astrology to work, yes. The planets don't have a psyche, so they do not have psychological qualities of any kind, but whatever mechanism is in effect has an impact on humans that can be seen in the natal chart and transits and can be described psychologically. The...
  18. Witchyone

I hate to say this, because I know it's your thing, but I don't see much usefulness in examining the age idea. It's 22,000 years. That accounts for all of human civilization thus far. So, how does it help to differentiate one thing from another? It adds an extra layer of confusion that no one...
  19. Witchyone

I've been uncomfortable with every planet and object named in the modern period since I came to understand that issue. I go along with the names, descriptions, and rulerships given by modern astrologers for the sake of ease when I discuss them, but the problem remains in the back of my mind. If...
  20. Witchyone

I use a modernist approach, so no planet is good or bad. They have energies that we might interpret as good or bad in a given situation. I believe the planets were named as they were by the ancients because they saw similarities between the energies that they perceived to be associated with...