Search results

1. Kenoshamaensa

Chart for publication of an Ebook

So I have a question on theory/technique in casting an electional chart (I know, not horary, but similar in how they're read, and I can't find a board for Electional astrology). I did a chart for a book's release, or I've tried, but a couple aspects left me puzzled. It's *primary* means of...
  2. Kenoshamaensa

Approaching and Separating transits

First, forgive me if this has been discussed. I did a somewhat cursory search. But I'm curious what folks' experiences are with approaching versus separating transits. Specifically: 1) I've frequently heard that transits are really effective only on approach. Once they're past exact, they...
  3. Kenoshamaensa

Urgent: charts for placed contest

I recently learned that not one, but TWO of my novel manuscripts finalled in a writing contest. There are 13 finalists, and I have two of those. In light of this, I'm considering going to the awards ceremony despite a 5-6 hour drive, in part to "network." It may be worth my ultimate career...
  4. Kenoshamaensa

New House Mortgage ... thoughts

I asked a while back about a potential chart for a house mortgage, didn't get a reply and probably just as well, as a number of things changed between proposed time and real time ... not least that the Moon ceased being VOC (thankfully), although the delay nearly gave me a nervous breakdown...
  5. Kenoshamaensa

Some questions about a house purchase/mortgage signing

I have some questions about figuring proper times to read charts regarding the purchase of my new house. As some of you probably know, there's more than one event involved in buying (or selling) a house, and (unfortunately) one doesn't always have much say in timing (or dates). The first...
  6. Kenoshamaensa

Theory: planets in fall & detriment vs. rulership & exhaltation

So we all know that, in event charts, it's good to avoid having a planet placed in its fall or detriment. But also, we often have limited windows FOR an event, due to real-life circumstances such as deadlines, insurmountably scheduling issues, etc. So we can't wait for the ideal, just "the...
  7. Kenoshamaensa

Submission chart, event

Curious as to opinions on this chart for a submission (for publication). I realize Venus, the chart ruler, is in fall in Ares, AND in the 7th house that Mars-Ares rules, but is a very tight approaching conjunction with Mars. It puts her at a disadvantage, but brings her TO Mars (as in a...
  8. Kenoshamaensa

Neptune on the Angles ... when it gets concrete

I've been experiencing Neptune crossing my ascendant for the last, roughly, year ... in total, I think it's supposed to make something like 5 passes. (That's a lot.) Anyway, for the first two, nothing much happened that was concrete, although, yes, there was the usual confusion. This time, I...
  9. Kenoshamaensa

submission election chart

Thoughts on this electional chart? I need to submit this by regular (snail) mail, and it's a difficult time (3:50 in the morning), so I'm disinclined to drive to the post office at that hour of the morning unless it's worth it. I'm using 1st/7th house, Jupiter ruling the first, Mercury ruling...
  10. Kenoshamaensa

Progressed Rx Jupiter ruling the Midheaven

A 3rd house Jupiter in Taurus was retrograde at my birth, and it rules my Sagittarius MC. Many of the careers I have held have been typical of such a midheaven: pastor, counselor, professor. But the career I have most wanted, published writer, has always eluded me despite being told for all of...
  11. Kenoshamaensa

Submission to history publishing house

On April 30th, I submitted a novel to the editor of a history publishing house. He'd sent an advert to the newsletter of a history association to which I belong, seeking new material that would appeal to a general audience. He mentioned both popular non-fiction and even fiction, and encouraged...
  12. Kenoshamaensa

Submission to history publishing house

Brief background: A semi-recent newsletter for a professional historians' society posted a brief blurb from an editor at a general press (Overlook) that deals in everything from fiction to serious history (et al.). He mentioned several recent publications in ancient history and a historical...
  13. Kenoshamaensa

T-Neptune to Natal Ascendant

I've posted elsewhere about this, then ran a search and didn't see a *thread*, so I started one. I'm currently just past the second hit of this I'm a *bit* unsure of days because my birthtime is reconstructed rather than precise (within a few minutes). It's close enough for most things, but...
  14. Kenoshamaensa

Transiting Jupiter conjunct Natal Jupiter (opportunity to see Rome)

Did a quick search and didn't see a previous thread. I'd like some insight from others regarding this transit, based on their experience. First, I have a 3rd house Jupiter in Taurus, which rules my (Sagi) MC. By trade, I am a college professor (history), and an author. I study religion...
  15. Kenoshamaensa

Composite & Asteroids ... some interesting aspect patterns

First, see the attached composite chart below. These are 5 degree orbs at the outside w/ lights (far less with asteroids/points/nodes). Now, the reason I'm posting this is because of the aspect *patterns*. I'm not sure whether to give them any weight, as they don't involve only...
  16. Kenoshamaensa

7th house in Composite

I just read something I had not heard before in Nance McCullough's Love Formulas: a lack of planets in the 7th house of a composite chart deny marriage, although she also talks about some exceptions. I don't have a lot of charts that are of married pairs, but the ones I did check, the only one...
  17. Kenoshamaensa

For fun: composite matching! :-)

Okay, usually we take a composite chart and try to determine how a relationship will pan out. But of course, we study charts in books, so below I'm posting three charts, for the relationships of three different men with the same woman. Looking at the composites, see if you can order them...
  18. Kenoshamaensa

Orbs in synastry

I'm sure this has been discussed before, but I thought I'd raise it again. What size orbs do you use in synastry? I tend to use smaller orbs myself than in natal charts. Below are my general "rules of thumb," but I'd love thoughts from others. 6* for lights and angles, esp. if they involve a...
  19. Kenoshamaensa

"housing" the literary agent :-)

Okay, this isn't about a specific chart, but about figuring out the proper house for something -- specifically, a literary agent. So when looking at horary charts for query letters to agents, I'm sometimes baffled as to WHICH house, precisely, would represent a literary *agent*. Now, as I see...
  20. Kenoshamaensa

(Synastry) Saturn hard aspects: karma and restriction

I wanted to start a more general thread about hard Saturn aspects in synastry in particular. I'm generally interested in Saturn for a few reasons, not least that Saturn is rising in my own natal chart, conj. the Asc from 12, ruling in Aquarius and leading a Locomotive pattern. Mostly, I...