Search results

1. Osamenor

What's ailing my cat this time?

Same cat I posted about a year ago, different health issue now. The problem this time is bad nasal congestion, plus she's had big nosebleeds twice in the last week and a half. (She also had a nosebleed about 6-7 months ago, which the vet checked out and found nothing; they said she'd probably...
  2. Osamenor

Getting away with it

Out of sheer mischievous curiosity, I've been wondering what kind of electional chart would be helpful if you wanted to do something "bad" and not get caught. Anything from a lighthearted prank to getting away with being somewhere you're not supposed to be (like, say, in a bar when you're...
  3. Osamenor

Do first house planets affect every area of life? Personal experiences, please!

A remark I saw in another thread brought up this question for me: if there's a planet in the first house, does it have a say over all areas of life, even if it's not the chart ruler? Someone mentioned that Saturn in their first seemed to delay everything: their education, their career, entering...
  4. Osamenor

What's ailing my cat?

My cat has vomited several times in the last 36 hours. One round had hairballs in it, but most had no clear cause. She's thrown up in the early morning both today and yesterday, and night before last. When she threw up night before last, she refused to eat anything, which threw off her...
  5. Osamenor

Aunt on Facebook

I have lots of extended family who I'm not that close to but keep in touch with on Facebook. Mostly, it's just a post here and there about what people are up to, an occasional hi-how-are-you message, things like that. One of my aunts likes to post viral political-religious memes, of the right...
  6. Osamenor

Seen anyone like this in these parts?

The first question in this column sounds like an attitude we see from time to time... :lol: (Meaning the coworker's attitude, not the letter writer's!) https://slate.com/human-interest/2020/06/dear-prudence-work-disagreements-astrological-signs-advice.html
  7. Osamenor

If you have a t-square, try this....

Open three different browser windows. Go to You Tube in each one. In the first browser window, search out the movement of Holst's The Planets for one of the planets in your t-square (ie "holst's the planets jupiter"). In the second and third browser windows, search out the movements for your...
  8. Osamenor

The Deep Personal Crisis of 2020

Something posted in another thread caught my attention. So as not to hijack, I'm starting a new thread as a spinoff: Does your chart state a deep personal crisis? I'd be surprised if it doesn't. Everyone has the Pluto-Saturn-Jupiter-Mars transits somewhere. And now that COVID-19 has struck and...
  9. Osamenor

Let's go fly a kite!

Discuss kites. If you have one in your birth chart, how do you see it working in your life? If someone in your life has a kite, how do you see it in them? If you're a practicing astrologer and you've seen enough client charts with kites to have a sense of how kites work in general, what...
  10. Osamenor

Some solar return this is......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkO6ppcvFro Thought I'd share in honor of Halloween. Warning for those who scare easily: it's a horror short, similar in tone and scariness level to some of the creepier Twilight Zone episodes, and it has a Twilight Zone-esque twist. No blood and guts, nothing...
  11. Osamenor

Moon Sign For Surgery: Truth?

Answering someone's question about moon signs and phases for surgery got me wondering: what does it really mean if the moon is in the sign that rules the body part being operated on? The conventional astrological wisdom is that you want to avoid the moon being in that sign. So if you're having...
  12. Osamenor

Should I take the cash settlement?

Backstory: over a year ago, I received a letter from a company called Complyright saying they had a data breach that could've compromised my information. I've never had any dealings with them directly, and had never even heard of them until I received that letter, but according to the letter, my...
  13. Osamenor

Question for the pros: legal issues

This one is for all of you who practice astrology for pay, or previously have. Did you ever get sued, or threatened with a lawsuit, by a client? Do you (or did you) have clients sign a contract? I just had a friend tell me I absolutely must protect myself in every possible way if I'm in...
  14. Osamenor

Would this be a VOC moon?

Suppose the moon enters a sign where the only aspect it would make is with a planet that's currently very late in its sign, and that will change signs before the moon does. Is the moon void of course as soon as it enters the sign? For example, let's say the moon enters Virgo on a day when there...
  15. Osamenor

Moon Sign and Food

I was once in an astrology class where a discussion started about food and moon signs. Someone said (not seriously) that they were thinking of opening restaurants for each sign: comfort food for Cancer, foreign food for Sagittarius.... (They actually started with those two signs.) The Cancer...
  16. Osamenor

Astrological Symbols in Unicode?

Does anyone know of a site that lists astrological symbols in unicode? I want to add a guide to astrological glyphs to my website, which is on the Squarespace platform. According to Squarespace's instructions, special characters can be copy/pasted in using unicode, but the character has to be...
  17. Osamenor

Cancer Independence Days

It occurred to me that several countries have their independence days in July/Cancer month. Off the top of my head, the U.S., Canada, and France. The Cancer theme of homeland, our people, seems to fit very well with a patriotic holiday. That got me wondering if sun in Cancer month is a...
  18. Osamenor

How does Mercury retrograde affect you?

Or does it? With the next Mercury retrograde about to start, I thought I'd open a topic for real experiences with Mercury retrograde. Not just fears and superstitions. Personally, I never notice a significant difference between Mercury retrograde and Mercury direct. Mercury-type things, like...
  19. Osamenor

Astrology Misconceptions

What are some misconceptions you see people having about astrology? I want to do a series of posts on my blog about common astrological misconceptions, with debunk. So far, I've got one post up, about the idea that sun sign is the sole determinator of personality. The other one I can think of...
  20. Osamenor

Astrology of Breakups

I recently had a friend ask me, as an astrologer, whether her current trial separation from her partner will be permanent or they'll get back together. My response was that we don't know: the astrological factors might go in either direction, so both possibilities exist unless and until one or...