Chiron in 11th house - friendships

hermetic

I would really like to hear opinions on this subject or experiences of someone with this same position

Well, this has been bothering me for a long while now, almost my whole life, and only when i became familiar with astrology i begin to find explanations. I will try to make it short.

I never had luck with friendships. I have always had close bonds, even lasting ones that ended up bad and left me very hurt. After each of this parting occured I developed some 'illness' which to me only says to which extent i suffered. I had 4 best friends during my life and none of those i have any kind of contact now.

Age 8-9, previous best friend during entire childhood chose another group of girls to hang around. I remember even from that little age how hurt I felt. there was no faults from my side, no reason to this, she just left and it took some 15 years later we can chat normaly when me meet on street.

Second best friend around age of 16 was also really hurtful experience, also no particular reasons for parting, except the feeling of her not being loyal to me and not appreciating me enough. i stopped returning her calls. after this came complete disaster. I had no friends until age 21, during which time i suffered periods of heavy migraines, serious hormonal imbalances, even hospitalization several times.

Third best friend i met at college, we were really close for few years then i also felt abandoned by her and even manipulated, to the point i hated her, and this parting was also very paiful. another period followed of heavy depression and isolation.

last year i reconnected with one 'friend' from highschool and we became very close, this past year was really good for me, but in the last 1-2 months things are really falling apart. Again I feel like being taken for granted, not valued enough.

to me friendships may be highly idealized(Venus ruler of 11th house squared by Neptune) but I honestly do not see anything wrong expecting loyalty and being valued by someone who calls themself a friend. It is not like I misjudged these girls - they are all very quality persons with certain flaws, like every human being. But I think I am a very good friend - I am usually depreciating of myself, but here I can say I indeed am very loyal, and caring and there at every time. i really pay attention to other and give myself 100%. and then i feel used when other doesn't reciprocate.

astrologically speaking - I do not think this Venus Neptune square is much to blame, it makes me strive to better things, and once I feel my needs are not met I get out completely. Like to one point, all is ok. but if something happens that breaks the deal I simply do not feel bothering anymore, I suddenly know it is over, and this is where my Aqua Moon sets in - I detach myself. Plus, I do not feel I owe any explanations, if you've been my friend, then you know me, you surely know what hurt me, I do not wish to explain because I think there is no need to, and why should I tell anyone they dissapointed me. classic detachment except i get constant headaches to remind me not all is ok.

I see how Neptune Venus aspect brings dissilusionments, but I would like to focus more on Chiron.
It is in Taurus thus the reason this theme of being 'valued my other' is constantly showing up. And first 3 of those friends were Taurean! :andy:

But reading about Chiron and it's influence in charts made me ask - will this be a constant pain during my life? and is there only left to be philosophical about it?

I know people who have friends from very long time. I have no friends that stay for long. I do not consider 3 or 5 years long in terms of friendship.
What can I do? WHat can I change?

Chiron is out of sign opposition to Uranus, this might make sudden ends of friendships, and is also the end of yod formation between Neptune and Pluto, quincunx to each. I tried to put this together but I am really not good at understanding yods.

My chart is in the sig

I hope this was not too long :eek:

Last edited:

dreamtimez

Hello :smile:

I had Chiron in my 11th house in my Solar Return chart. And I can absolutely relate to what you have said. This year some of my friends have let me down more than once ! I have taken it all in my stride, have been deeply hurt but never expressed my feelings ... never let them know how deeply I have been affected. Sort of lost my faith.

But as I look back, I feel glad that atleast I know 'who is what' ... better to have no friends than having false ones !

Timshel

Hi, Hermetic :smile: I can relate to many things you have written. I also have chiron in the 11th and have never had long friendships. I had two best friends - one in my childhood years - 3 years. Later, 3 years after we stopped maintaining any connection, accidentally we met in highschool, where we reestablished our friendship, but 2 years later she went to another country and rarely called me. Now, she lives in my neighbourhood , but we don't see each other. My other best friend was in highschool, as well, but last year, after graduation, she rarely calls. The thing is, I don't regret about it, since I realised that they've been using me most of the time. The feeling was so bad that I came to decision never to have anything to do with them. For sometime I was infuriated, but then I stopped caring about it. To tell the truth, it has never been hard for me to end relationships, but still I understand you - everyone wants to have a few closer friends. So, I look for new opportunities, new people. Sometimes it is hard to find people you can rely on, but I doubt it it's because of chiron - that's a problem for many people I know. Maybe chiron in the 11th makes us suffer more than other people after losing friends, infuriates us or just leaves us with a dull pain. Just like you, I have aspect between venus and neptune but it's a trigon and my chiron opposes neptune and saturn.

Chiron has a quincunx from Neptune 6th and Pluto in 4th which you haven't drawn in, so to speak. So pluto rules the 5th and Neptune/pisces rules the 9th Equal house system.

Neptune is where we make sacrifices and have regrets and this suggests co-workers, mysterious illnesses and sacrficies either for co-workers or type of work you do. You did say that when friends left you were left with 'migraine' headaches and I feel this is the connection to Neptune. But also has drawn in 9th philosophies, in-laws, religion. So maybe they were from different backgrounds upbringings, cultures maybe?

Pluto is in 4th ruling 5th, which is also square moon in Aquarius, as you say the aquarian can detach but can also be controlling, obsessive and just too intense for your friendships prob due to insecurities in childhood and/family matters and this will spill over into romance, creativity, children, hobbies, self employment etc.

Remember quincunxs cause 'health strains' and when they are 'triggered' you suffer with your health
Now the antidote is your Aquarius moon, cos it's in the 7th house of libra an libra above all wants 'balance' and this is your challenge/mission. This has extra prominence being chart ruler and Cancerian are sensistive crabby people:kissing:

Chiron in Scorpio the issue here is power. Those with Chiron in Scorpio may fear their own power and try to suppress it. Conversely, they may feel powerless and try to cover this up by acting strong
This would be a perfect placement for a sex therapist who can help everyone else with their sexual problems but cannot help themselves. Inheritance matters may also be a sore point. Problems and upsets would tend to come with it.
http://www.cafeastrology.com/articles/chironinthesigns.html

The problem areas are friends, hopes, and wishes. On the one hand, there could be difficulty having or holding on to friends, or a fear of crowds or groups. On the other hand, one may compulsively seek out friends (or join groups, especially groups that want to change society) in order to compensate for inner fears of loneliness. You might get more than your share of "friends" who take advantage and drain you.
http://www.cafeastrology.com/articles/chironinhouses.html

Hope this helps. Obviously anything by transit, solar arcs, progression touching this chiron will 'set off' the Yod:sad:

Steeler

Your post brought up a lot of pent-up stuff that I hadn't been aware of for the longest time...

I have Chiron in the 11th and when I look back, all I can see is disapointments with friends, backstabbing and just...
Horrible stuff. I usually never pay attention to Chiron, because there are bigger asteroids out there and I think a lot of people try to give it more importance than needed, but in this case, the wound really is in the 11th house.

Im at a point in my life (and Im still young) that I don't even bother with friendship anymore.
That's how wounded I seem to be. (I can't believe Im only realising this now, but it's all thanks to your post!)

@Cafeastrology about Chiron in the 11th house is mentioned:
"fear of crowds or groups." Boy, oh boy. Very true.
& "In the eleventh house, it may indicate rejection from peers because of being 'different'." <- The story of MY life!

Some other interpretations that I found:

Chiron in Aquarius or the Eleventh House: These folks may seem utterly other-worldly. They may be drawn to technology in order to feel comfortable, safe and accepted. They may avoid social interaction and feel uncomfortable in large groups of people, mainly because of peer problems in their youth, or because they seem odd or different to their peers. Social rejection makes them withdraw into only those groups of people who share their interests and concerns, and they currently find great comfort in the opportunities provided by the Internet.

Source

Chiron in 11th:

In this house the crisis of Chironic awareness has to do with the possibility of playing a unique role in your culture. It is imperative to give your gift, and Chiron's influence is to push you to develop your creativity and idealism. You are probably very individualistic or eccentric and have a sense of a great personal destiny. The key to fulfilling it is to release it from the hold of ego and understand that the universal energy flows when you are willing to be a conduit and not try to own it.

Source

[deleted quote over 100 words - Moderator]
People with Chiron in the 11th:
Paul McCartney, Einstein, Nostradamus, Liz Greene, Judy Garland,
Patti Smith, Placido Domingo, Ricky Nelson, Judy Collins, Gopi Krishna,

A lot of astrologers, therapists and musicians seem to have this placement...

-edit-

I've added sources!:sideways:

Last edited by a moderator:

aquarius7000

Hi Steeler, can you please give us the link to the site, where you got the other interp of Chiron in 11th from. One of the two interps seems to come from Cafeastrology as you already mentioned.

To All, please make sure to at least name the site you are quoting from, and, if the quote constitutes over a 100 words, give the link (in keeping with the forum's copyright rules). Or else, convey the message in your own words.

Thanks.

As regards the subject being discussed here, I'd like to add that Chiron operates quite a bit like Saturn. Whilst Chiron shows the area (house) of your wounds (where it hurts), Saturn shows the area of your greatest fears (though even house placement of Pluto should be considered in this respect- of fear, ie) and sense of lack. Both Chi and Sat being hard-task masters, make you work very hard in order to accomplish fulfilment in the matters of their houses. My Sat sits in the 11th of friends (most are older than me; and my friends, though few in no., are longstanding ones; dreams and aspirations are also hard to attain, but once attained, are long-lasting).

:)AQ7

A7,
I'd like to add that Chiron operates quite a bit like Saturn. Whilst Chiron shows the area (house) of your wounds (where it hurts), Saturn shows the area of your greatest fears (though even house placement of Pluto should be considered in this respect- of fear, ie) and sense of lack. Both Chi and Sat being hard-task masters, make you work very hard in order to accomplish fulfilment in the matters of their houses. My Sat sits in the 11th of friends (most are older than me; and my friends, though few in no., are longstanding ones; dreams and aspirations are also hard to attain, but once attained, are long-lasting).

I also have saturn in 11th wide orb conj MC and agree with what you say, BUT chiron really really feels wounded by friends actions and I feel that is the difference. 'Greatest fears' in my mind are Neptune also greatest regrets and wherever we bear our cross, so to speak. Plus we have to take into account how chiron is aspected natally, it may have a nice trine to venus or moon or mars which would help negate things...

R4VEN

hermetic, you have opened an interesting discussion here.

Can I also add that for you, hermetic, the following details are relevant to how you are currently feeling and experiencing this Chiron placement:

• your Chiron is in Taurus, and so the nature of your Chiron wound is likely to affect your sense of your own worth
  • you are currently going through a square between transiting and natal Chiron, so this is the time when the original wounds are being reactivated for the purposes of examination.
On the surface - and in the first instance - Chiron in the 11th house presents the wound of rejection by one's peers, which may be experienced as a rejection by the whole of the human race!!!! Watch out for this kind of all-or-nothing view of your life, as Chiron can lead you to doing that. Working with Chiron is important, and if you do that, then you will not be burdened by its wounds for your whole life. (Also, I consider the opposition between Chiron and Uranus - which is present in the charts of many of those born from the early 50's to the late 80's - to be not terribly significant at a personal level, although many with this placement use drugs to `deal' with life.)

The thing I see about how you are experiencing this wound, hermetic, is that you have perhaps not yet grasped the purpose of you having such short-term friendships. The core of your Chiron task will be for you to find your own unique path in life - to discover your true purpose, if you like. You can tend towards avoiding that by wishing to attach yourself to friendship groups, or groups in general, perhaps as a means of finding a pathway through the maze which is life! In having only brief friendships, this frees you to create a unique path through your life. As someone who has always had long-term best friends, this is nice and safe, but can be a real hassle whenever I look to doing something different. Other people can be threatened by change, and you may need to change direction often in your life.

Anyway, I didn't mean to go on, but just to make a comment. :sick:

EJ53

Banned
R4VEN said:
....you have perhaps not yet grasped the purpose of you having such short-term friendships.

Hi R4VEN/Hermetic,

I have difficulty seeing the posted chart.....but, are the orbs acceptable for a "Kite Formation" with Chiron/Sun/Moon/mid-point Mars/Uranus?

If so, Chiron in Taurus/11th opposes the Mars/Uranus focal point......thus "wounds and Chiron issues will help to open up the expression of the focal planets" (Martin Lass)

But, what's Mars/Uranus in Sagittarius/5th aiming to express?.......Teaching others that creativity/individuality requires a self (sun) whose psychological harmony (4th/Libra) is not dependent upon emotional support from friends/partners (moon in Aquarius/7th)?

EJ:unsure:

virgo18

OMG

I have Neptune, Natal Saturn and Chiron occupying my 11th house this next SR that will start in September.

Im starting to feel the effects. Much of my friendships are stoping talking or inviting me.

I just hang out with ONE of my friends who is my best friend .

You will only realize who is real and who is superficial.

Saturnian

I hope the poster is still interested in this as I see it is a pretty old thread...
I apologize for not answering this with astrology.
I'll answer it the way I view friendship since I too believe in it strongly,although we don't share the same Chiron.

At times I too feel that perhaps my feelings are not being understood,because I am more a friendship person than a family and some of my friends being family oriented,may make things a bit difficult.
Anyways...the point is that the way you deal with it when things feel wrong between you and your friends isn't the wisest.They are not mind readers.Your attitude isn't right in my eyes cause it feels very bitter to just cut off like that because you're not getting "good vibes" at that moment.Your friendship don't last because you're so impatient to get away from them when a "crisis" appears,but that's when you have to work the hardest to keep them from falling apart.It's people who maintain the relationships,if you're not trying to make it work then don't expect it'll work itself out or that only your friend has to make all the effort.How don't you know you're not misunderstanding them when you don't even address the problem but leave like that?It is you who ends them before clearing out what really is going on.And the way I see it you're acting defensive perhaps out of fear that they could be the ones abandoning you.So you go ahead and do it before them.
The best thing you can do is when you're not feeling okay about something you should have a talk with them.In your case there is no direct communication,you feel it is going to "fall apart"(which in my opinion may be more your fear than reality itself) and you distance yourself from them.And oh yes,you do have to explain yourself to them for such an action because perhaps it wasn't their fault you may have misinterpreted a certain behavior of theirs.
I am not saying you should start feeling bad about yourself,but you do have to be less prone to making assumptions about something when lacking the facts.I tend to do this too at times that's why I am letting you know that it's bad to be impatient and not hear the other side of the story.

I know this may have been a harsh answer but I really do think that I had to offer my view of things,so you realize that it's not only that they are wrong,but that you too may have chosen to make some unwise decisions too early.

I think Chiron has to do more with a wound that cannot be healed which we're trying to protect.Not with the fact that you can't have long-lasting relationships.The wound may translate into an insecurity and that drives you to act a certain way which causes your friendships to fall apart for the sole reason that you abandon them.

AquaGem89

hermetic, you have opened an interesting discussion here.

Can I also add that for you, hermetic, the following details are relevant to how you are currently feeling and experiencing this Chiron placement:

• your Chiron is in Taurus, and so the nature of your Chiron wound is likely to affect your sense of your own worth
  • you are currently going through a square between transiting and natal Chiron, so this is the time when the original wounds are being reactivated for the purposes of examination.
On the surface - and in the first instance - Chiron in the 11th house presents the wound of rejection by one's peers, which may be experienced as a rejection by the whole of the human race!!!! Watch out for this kind of all-or-nothing view of your life, as Chiron can lead you to doing that. Working with Chiron is important, and if you do that, then you will not be burdened by its wounds for your whole life. (Also, I consider the opposition between Chiron and Uranus - which is present in the charts of many of those born from the early 50's to the late 80's - to be not terribly significant at a personal level, although many with this placement use drugs to `deal' with life.)

The thing I see about how you are experiencing this wound, hermetic, is that you have perhaps not yet grasped the purpose of you having such short-term friendships. The core of your Chiron task will be for you to find your own unique path in life - to discover your true purpose, if you like. You can tend towards avoiding that by wishing to attach yourself to friendship groups, or groups in general, perhaps as a means of finding a pathway through the maze which is life! In having only brief friendships, this frees you to create a unique path through your life. As someone who has always had long-term best friends, this is nice and safe, but can be a real hassle whenever I look to doing something different. Other people can be threatened by change, and you may need to change direction often in your life.

Anyway, I didn't mean to go on, but just to make a comment. :sick:

------------------------

Sorry, have to revive this one again. Just a new member and have found this thread. I just had my chart initially analyzed and someone told me that my Chiron was actually in the 11th house, when all these time I thought it was in the 10th, but then it must be because they might be close in degree or something. But the 11th seems to be more fitting than my 10th though, since I've never experienced painful issues in regards with the 10th house thing, in fact I am quite lucky in it, at least it's how I felt (but then my Jupiter and Venus is in the 10th, so this might have attributed to this luck and feel good factor).

Anyway, reading all your comments in here, it seems to be very fitting to me, but then I also have Mars in the 11th and having hard aspects to saturn, neptune and uranus then trines pluto in the 3rd. But then, as years go by, I came to realize that it was actually me who initiated all these friendship endings due to my ever changing nature.

As I have to quote R4ven's phrase, "As someone who has always had long-term best friends, this is nice and safe, but can be a real hassle whenever I look to doing something different. Other people can be threatened by change, and you may need to change direction often in your life." and yes, I felt that in a deep sense. I noticed, the people I attract are very fixated and other times borderline possessive and clingy. My former best friends are just as that and I also noticed that I am a lot more happier by just being myself and not to be too focused and attentive to friends, that's why acquaintances or perhaps just a bunch of group friends is better than a 1 on 1 bestie type of friendship because I will never be able to keep up my attention to a single person or situation.

Weird enough, I started gaining "real" friends when I turned 14 and those same people are still my friends. My high school friends have stayed longer in my life and they still are in my life up to now that I am 3 decades old. We rarely talk because of our super busy schedules, but we still talk and have communication up until now, and I have always loved that kind of setting. No matter what, we still have each other, regardless we talk often or not.

R4VEN

------------------------
.... I've never experienced painful issues in regards with the 10th house thing, in fact I am quite lucky in it, at least it's how I felt (but then my Jupiter and Venus is in the 10th, so this might have attributed to this luck and feel good factor).
Yes, Jupiter in particular in the 10th is a door opener to opportunities in the work/career sector. I have 2 nephews with this placement of Jupiter, and both have had `lucky breaks', with doors opening in places they'd not previously seen. Both now earn BIG bucks, and seem very happy in their careers.

But then, as years go by, I came to realize that it was actually me who initiated all these friendship endings due to my ever changing nature.
I noticed, the people I attract are very fixated and other times borderline possessive and clingy. My former best friends are just as that and I also noticed that I am a lot more happier by just being myself and not to be too focused and attentive to friends, that's why acquaintances or perhaps just a bunch of group friends is better than a 1 on 1 bestie type of friendship because I will never be able to keep up my attention to a single person or situation.

You've clearly had a busy and productive Saturn Return to have made these realisations.

The comment re the "borderline possessive and clingy" friends makes me wonder about your Pluto placement. Is it harshly aspected to a personal planet, maybe??

(And to comment fully on any feature of your chart it is easier if you post your chart. You can anonymise it if you use the astro.com site.)

CrankyCap

Owww! I recently had this "lack of deep and fulfilling friendships" issue arise again regarding to certain hobby-related communities. Usually people turn against me or get "bored" of me because I'm "a proper/good person" as how they often put it. Sometimes I'm just greyrocking or guarding against flaky and shallow people, who'd take advantage of me if I expressed those vulnerable emotions. And others reject me because I'm too "clingy" or "needy" when expressing how I actually feel instead of how I think I should be feeling. :p Aside from that I haven't gotten explanations why others act that way towards me.

And dundundun, I have natal Chiron conjunct Jupiter in Cancer. Opposite my Capricorn Stellium... having both Sun and Moon conjunct the generational planets.

In my younghood this constant excluding from groups, being isolated or bullied etc was devastating. Now I just feel apathy and disinterest towards most people.. although I do fake interest to get along and make the social situations go smoother. The least I want is to be pulled into some narcissists drama or social manipulation game... I have also been accused of being anti-social for having some "capricornian" interests or attitudes which hurts, even while I know I'm not that. Exploitative, excessively selfish and shallow flaky people with no honor and integrity are everything I look down to in a person, which is pretty much most narcissists and sociopaths.

Last edited:

R4VEN

Owww! I recently had this "lack of deep and fulfilling friendships" issue arise again regarding to certain hobby-related communities.

And dundundun, I have natal Chiron conjunct Jupiter in Cancer. Opposite my Capricorn Stellium... having both Sun and Moon conjunct the generational planets.

CrankyCap, given you are having this `re-visit' to your core wounding at this time, and your Chiron is in Cancer, with a Cap stellium, I am wondering whether the current very charged situation between Pluto-Moon's South Node-Saturn opposing the Moon's North Node in Cancer is activating that natal Chiron in Cancer of yours.

I checked my ephemeris for the planetary combinations you mentioned, and it appears you were probably/possibly born either in early 1989, or late `89-early 1990. If so, then it is possible that your natal Chiron is being activated/`triggered' by the planets conjunct the nodal axis, such as tr Saturn in Capricorn. I know a number of people (including myself, with natal Moon in Cancer) who are having natal Cancer planets being set alight by the current alignment. The approaching New Moon in Cancer plus eclipse at 11 deg 38' is powerful, to say the least. I have noticed that those with planets around the middle degrees of Cancer are being pushed to deal with what has been left hanging and unfinished.

CrankyCap

Yep, you're correct R4VEN. I'm having Saturn Return too btw.

Recently the issue with friends was much like "I can't rely on them being there for me regardless of me being there for them.. they're wasting my time/they don't respect me" and when I express anger about it, few people started "emotion police" me (about getting angry) and later I saw them trying to turn people against me behind my back. This in a group setting, admittably I did stalk some people to "get the unsaid truth", as I'm pretty obsessive about two-way loyalty and honesty with other people in my circle. Basicly it was a sign to leave these groups and so-called friends behind, but it hurts. I invested lots of energy in the group (being an introvert) and treated them well within those boundaries. I wish there was some public record on every single person on Earth whether they can be trusted (and on what matters) or not (this is where my virgo asc comes in, high standards on people and wanting everyone to have absolute pure motives).

At least I can a bit better detach (Aquarius NN in 6th house too) from feeling victimised or being taken advantage of, but it still feels like I'm being punished from being "responsible and proper person" instead of interpersonally exploitative or just downright jerk. But I feel I can't move on without being able to "teach them a lesson" about violating my boundaries...

Last edited:

ardentika

I have a friend with Chiron in 11th and she has told me the same. That she always had very bad experiences with friends. But here I am, we have been really close for the past 3 years steadily cos she really is an amazing friend and j appreciate that in her. However I would assign such close friendships to the 7th not 11th. 11th is more masses, large groups.

She is a musician which means she had to perform in front of large masses and sometimes that leaves her hurt.

I've been bruised by friendships many times too and my Chiron is in 7th. I have sun and Mercury in 11th. Ever since highschool I got my first relatively good friends . I also have however Neptune and uranus in 11th, so definitely I've been a bit delusional about some. Generally when you deal with people in a friendly way, the attachment is less, the freedom is more. Even all of my bad experiences with friends which happen to this DayZ I don't put much meaning to it cos people are people and they make mistakes and they aren't perfect. Maybe you shouldn't take it to heart .

I don't think this means you are doomed because as I gave the example with my friend, she found me! And she always tells me how much I healed her in the friendship department. Stand in your value and one day a person will show up that respects the qualities you have.

Maybe also you need to communicate more rather than perceive everything as do and gloom and cut people out. It's better to hear their side of the story of why they behaved a certain way.

And still I'd assign close friendship to 7th not 11th.

CrankyCap

Interesting story Ardentika. 11th house is indeed large groups, perhaps if your friendship with the musicial is one-on-one, her chiron doesn't play out with you that much.

My issues with friendships, well, those were all group settings there. Not society-large masses, but still groups.

ardentika

Interesting story Ardentika. 11th house is indeed large groups, perhaps if your friendship with the musicial is one-on-one, her chiron doesn't play out with you that much.

My issues with friendships, well, those were all group settings there. Not society-large masses, but still groups.
Indeed however Chiron aspects 7th from 11th.

And I suppose friendships often start from 11th and finish in 7th.

Also I noticed something else with 11th. It's also the house of gains. I don't know if you have this issue but my friend is afraid of success. She hasn't gained much from her musical career, nor financially from her projects. It's like there is some fear of gains and success with Chiron in 11th. Fears of actually achieving your dreams which often becomes self sabotage .

Hkk

Account Closed
I think the 11th house is a funny one Chiron or no Chiron. It shows enemies frenemies and hard work to make friends. I have leo moon Leo north node in 11th and it’s a challenge!! Gains? Not sure 🤔 lol