Random political thoughts

craft94

I consider myself a libertarian. By this, I do not mean 'libertarian party.' I did not vote for Gary Johnson. By 'libertarian,' I mean what the word actually says - liberty is something I highly value and this value has great influence on my political beliefs.

But somehow, some people also consider Donald Trump a libertarian!

What? How? I'm pretty sure he's actually the most authoritarian president we've had in my entire 22 years of living.

Because he's a Gemini Sun/Sag Moon who likes to say outrageous things, he's somehow looked at as an icon for freedom of speech.
But.. he's against a free press. He believes that any news outlet that criticizes him is "fake news."
It... doesn't...make... sense.

More, generally, though, I do not understand how someone can be racist and consider themselves 'libertarian.'
Racism is more than just saying offensive things. Racism is more than Nicki Minaj not getting a grammy or whatever people on Tumblr are talking about these days.
Racism is oppression. Racism is literally by it's very nature antithetical to liberty.
I don't understand how you can rant about being slaves to the Illuminati or whatever while ignoring the fact that black people were literally slaves (I'm referring to people who legit say that slavery should be legalized again.)
I don't understand how you can rant about America being a police state (which i agree with) while hating on the Black Lives Matter movement.
To truly be a libertarian, you have to be anti-racist.

Sexism too - once upon time, I was in this libertarian/voluntaryist/anarchist (they were all pretty much an-caps, anarcho capricornism lol jk) group on Facebook. I said something they didn't like. So they all started making sexist comments towards me, calling me an SJW and pretty much sexually harrassing me basically...

It's almost as if they see liberty as something reserved only for (usually straight, usually rich) white men.

I think a lot of people are disillusioned by extreme political correctness and I understand this, I agree with it, but that doesn't mean you have to swing to the opposite extreme either.

I feel like the term 'libertarian' has come to mean something much different than what it is supposed to mean and part of this has to do with liberals mischaracterizing it but also self-professed libertarians mischaracterizing it themselves.
First, it became the libertarian party - which to greatly simply it - is very similar to being 'socially liberal, fiscally conservative'.
But now, it's turned into something different. It isn't even socially liberal anymore.
It's since devolved into a term conservatives use to make themselves sound cooler. They think that by labelling themselves 'libertarian', they'll be able to appeal to a younger, hipper generation. I'm thinking Milo Yiannopolous, for example, who isn't your average conservative (he's gay for one and doesn't mind talking about sucking black dick on live television) and I'm thinking that's the only reason Breitbart was willing to keep him on for so long: because he helped bring conservativism to a younger, hipper generation.

Last edited:

conspiracy theorist

craft94

Don't be too quick in supporting the black lives matter movement, I don't care what race you are.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...ots-provide-unique-opportunity-reform-police/
(This one is more hard news)

https://www.thenewamerican.com/usne...ked-documents-soros-funded-black-lives-matter
(There is more opinion in this one but the writer makes some useful points)

BLM is a much more subversive group than there stated aim as simply standing up for blacks in America.

Hmm. OK, so I read both articles. What you're saying is that the Black Lives Matter movement is really just a front for a much bigger agenda and that you don't trust it. Am I correct? Do you think it's like a NWO thing, kinda? Hmm. But do you still agree that police brutality is a problem? Because I'm referring to people, including so-called 'libertarians', who will defend cops when they kill black people, people who will say that they're just 'thugs' who deserve to die basically. I've literally heard people say things like this.

conspiracy theorist

Throw out the NWO talk, and I'm saying that BLM and similar movements aren't nearly as cut and dried as everyone seems to think they are.

I'm not saying that police brutality doesn't exist or that it's not a problem. It is. The problem I have is when it is automatically assumed that it was a case of racial stereotyping that was behind a policeman's actions. It may very well be that the cop was racist, but it could also be a case of the supposed victim acting in such a way that they impelled the cop to take aggressive action.

All blacks aren't thugs, all women aren't whores and all gays aren't degenerates (although many of them are). Many people who have those things to say about a whole group of people have either have purely bad experiences with this group or has absolutely no experience interacting with this group. Like most things in this material world, things are a bit more nuanced than that.

BLM focus on police brutality is not doing the African Americans (and I literally mean blacks in America here) any favours. A problem that is much more pressing is black on black crime. Where is the outcry for that?

AppLeo

CPP2858.jpg

craft94

Throw out the NWO talk, and I'm saying that BLM and similar movements aren't nearly as cut and dried as everyone seems to think they are.

I'm not saying that police brutality doesn't exist or that it's not a problem. It is. The problem I have is when it is automatically assumed that it was a case of racial stereotyping that was behind a policeman's actions. It may very well be that the cop was racist, but it could also be a case of the supposed victim acting in such a way that they impelled the cop to take aggressive action.

All blacks aren't thugs, all women aren't whores and all gays aren't degenerates (although many of them are). Many people who have those things to say about a whole group of people have either have purely bad experiences with this group or has absolutely no experience interacting with this group. Like most things in this material world, things are a bit more nuanced than that.

BLM focus on police brutality is not doing the African Americans (and I literally mean blacks in America here) any favours. A problem that is much more pressing is black on black crime. Where is the outcry for that?

What do you mean "although many of them are"?

conspiracy theorist

Where is Waybread when you need her?

Is there an argument to be made against homosexuals having a lower life expectancy as a group, more sexual transmitted diseases and being more prone to mental illness? There were no opinions in anyone of those links I posted. Or if facts hurt feelings they must be disregarded?

In at least one sense of the word, it makes them degenerate.

craft94

Is there an argument to be made against homosexuals having a lower life expectancy as a group, more sexual transmitted diseases and being more prone to mental illness? There were no opinions in anyone of those links I posted. Or if facts hurt feelings they must be disregarded?

In at least one sense of the word, it makes them degenerate.

TBH, I haven't looked at them yet because believe it or not, I'm actuall trying to sleep (I have to be up in 4 hours) but I will in the morning and I'll formulate my argument then. Although I will say this: calling people "degenerates" is NOT the way to talk about mental illness, having STDs doesn't make one a "degenerate" either.

You and AppLeo are a lot more alike than you think.

conspiracy theorist

TBH, I haven't looked at them yet because believe it or not, I'm trying to sleep (I have to be up in 4 hours) but I will in the morning and I'll formulate my argument then. Although I will say this: calling people "degenerates" is NOT the way to talk about mental illness, having STDs doesn't make one a "degenerate" either.

You and AppLeo are a lot more alike than you think.

Nighty night. Look up the word degenerate before you go to bed. It's not just a word that people use to characterize groups they don't like.

P.S: None of those links are anti-gay afaik and that's why I chose them.

craft94

Nighty night. Look up the word degenerate before you go to bed. It's not just a word that people use to characterize groups they don't like.

I know what it means, but it isn't the appropriate way to talk about these things.
To me, it's sort of like using 'retard' as way to describe people with Down's syndrome.
The term has a certain connotation to it.
Also, there's a reason why gay people are more likely to be mentally ill (e.g. homophobia and the trauma that comes along with it). The statistics have a context.
In any case, good night