Moods, Hormones, and Astrology

Witchyone

Sometimes I feel like several personalities inhabit this body. I guess that's not too surprising for someone with sun in Gemini. Something I have noticed is that I get in loud, talkative, aggressive moods. Those moods seem to be related to my monthly cycle, so I'm thinking hormones.

I wonder if anyone has noticed that certain placements can make a person more susceptible to hormonal moodiness. Not just the down moods, which are frequently associated with water signs, but rapidly shifting moods, in general.

My chart is attached if anyone wants to examine it, but I'd really like to hear others' experiences and observations from their own charts or those of acquaintances.

Attachments

• birth chart.PNG
    birth chart.PNG
    203.1 KB · Views: 50

Blaze

Account Closed
Your ascendant is conjunct Algol. Interdesting.

Mood swings though... your Moon in the changeable Pisces, is disposed by a powerful, at home Jupiter in Pisces. Strengthening the moon. I'd say an "emotional chameleon" would be normal for ya.

As for other charts, I've noticed when Moon is square Mars in ones chart, they tend to be emotionally unstable. Now, that's not the case with all people with said aspect, but it's something I've picked up on from those around me with it.

theV

Have you tried to check for borderline personality? Borderline manifests from negative Pisces/Gemini energy.

I cee

Have you tried to check for borderline personality? Borderline manifests from negative Pisces/Gemini energy.
Borderline..what border...turkey/greece....what f...border.
Moon/mars, unstable....what the f are u talking about, nothing f unstable about me, no nothing, absolutley nothing 'reactive' about me....NO....nothing....
Go away
Stop making me reactive....
Boom....................Boom...........
.....Boom...........
You put anything with Mars and it gets........UNSTABLE...

Witchyone

Oh lordy, I have issues, but not as serious as a personality disorder. Thank the gods or deity of your choice!

I'm talking about moods that cause me trouble personally and internally. I don't actually act in ways that are damaging or get me in trouble. And I have normal, long-term, stable relationships with family members, friends, and my husband. I can hold down a job. Etc. etc.

BUT, there is about a week out of the month when I am way more sexual, louder, more talkative...just sort of Aries-like in general, and I'm not like that the rest of the month. I know it coincides with the week one of my hormones spikes, and I'm curious if that sort of issue happens more for some signs/placements than others.

Witchyone

Your ascendant is conjunct Algol. Interdesting.

Mood swings though... your Moon in the changeable Pisces, is disposed by a powerful, at home Jupiter in Pisces. Strengthening the moon. I'd say an "emotional chameleon" would be normal for ya.

As for other charts, I've noticed when Moon is square Mars in ones chart, they tend to be emotionally unstable. Now, that's not the case with all people with said aspect, but it's something I've picked up on from those around me with it.

It's beginning to feel like that Pisces Moon with Jupiter is responsible for almost everything. :bandit:

Someone else mentioned Algol to me in an earlier thread, and then someone else piped up and said the orb needed to be smaller for a fixed star, but that my Asc is conjunct Alcyone. What do you think about that...if you do?

Thanks for your comment!

sibylline

Sometimes I feel like several personalities inhabit this body. I guess that's not too surprising for someone with sun in Gemini. Something I have noticed is that I get in loud, talkative, aggressive moods. Those moods seem to be related to my monthly cycle, so I'm thinking hormones.

I wonder if anyone has noticed that certain placements can make a person more susceptible to hormonal moodiness. Not just the down moods, which are frequently associated with water signs, but rapidly shifting moods, in general.

Look for patterns in transits for when this occurs.

More broadly, the Moon prominent, especially in a water sign or the 12th house, any of the outer planets or Mars hard aspects to the Moon. Mutable predominance with hard aspects. Hard Uranus aspects to any personal planet can be the most difficult for sudden mood changes.

Gemini Sun/Pisces Moon is a combination full of contradictions, fraught with nerves and rarely has a calm or settled disposition. I've known some where "several personalities" would be putting it mildly.

Witchyone

Look for patterns in transits for when this occurs.

More broadly, the Moon prominent, especially in a water sign or the 12th house, any of the outer planets or Mars hard aspects to the Moon. Mutable predominance with hard aspects. Hard Uranus aspects to any personal planet can be the most difficult for sudden mood changes.

Gemini Sun/Pisces Moon is a combination full of contradictions, fraught with nerves and rarely has a calm or settled disposition. I've known some where "several personalities" would be putting it mildly.

Interestingly, I sometimes feel the nerves thing, but people don't seem to see it. I'm very good at hiding any distress. I'm Taurus rising, and I think people encounter a calm demeanor unless I'm angry. In which case they run. And I am smol. :tongue:

Blaze

Account Closed
It's beginning to feel like that Pisces Moon with Jupiter is responsible for almost everything. :bandit:

Someone else mentioned Algol to me in an earlier thread, and then someone else piped up and said the orb needed to be smaller for a fixed star, but that my Asc is conjunct Alcyone. What do you think about that...if you do?

Thanks for your comment!

Hmm. A second look at your chart brings up your chart ruler - Venus, being in the dreaded 12th house. To be blunt, this feeling of constantly changing moods could be seen as "insanity" to a point, yes? Well, with your ascendant ruler being in the house of the bad spirit, mental institutions, that which has trouble being fully "understood", like your ever changing moods, I'd say that having a hard time understanding yourself should be normal.

However, Venus is the lesser benefic, and I doubt it'll behave harmfully in dignity....doubt. She still squares that Leo Mars of yours....hmm. I would like Tsmall or odds opinion on this one.

Anyway, I've no idea what Alcyone does since I've yet to read up on it, but if Algol isn't within 3 degrees of your asc, count those lucky stars, haha.

Witchyone

Hmm. A second look at your chart brings up your chart ruler - Venus, being in the dreaded 12th house. To be blunt, this feeling of constantly changing moods could be seen as "insanity" to a point, yes? Well, with your ascendant ruler being in the house of the bad spirit, mental institutions, that which has trouble being fully "understood", like your ever changing moods, I'd say that having a hard time understanding yourself should be normal.

However, Venus is the lesser benefic, and I doubt it'll behave harmfully in dignity....doubt. She still squares that Leo Mars of yours....hmm. I would like Tsmall or odds opinion on this one.

Anyway, I've no idea what Alcyone does since I've yet to read up on it, but if Algol isn't within 3 degrees of your asc, count those lucky stars, haha.

Well, dang it, yes, I guess so, depending on your definition of insanity. I'm certainly legally sane and know right from wrong. I may in fact be a very high functioning crazy person. My emotional state is not in any way stable (inwardly) and my emotions color my intellect greatly. And my hormones color my emotions.

images

Algol is 28 degrees, and my Asc is 26. I'd hoped whomever said a fixed star orb needed to be dead-on or just 1 off was correct.

Blaze

Account Closed
Well, dang it, yes, I guess so, depending on your definition of insanity. I'm certainly legally sane and know right from wrong. I may in fact be a very high functioning crazy person. My emotional state is not in any way stable (inwardly) and my emotions color my intellect greatly. And my hormones color my emotions.

images

Algol is 28 degrees, and my Asc is 26. I'd hoped whomever said a fixed star orb needed to be dead-on or just 1 off was correct.

Hahaha. Well, we're only crazy if we've never thought ourselves crazy, I say. Which, for someone like myself with a domicile Mars in 12th, is a daily occurrence. We're probably all high functioning crazy people :ninja:

But honestly, I wouldn't worry too much about it. Your ever changing persona is apart of your character which probably makes you very fun to be around. ....Except when it's that most wonderful time of the month. Then it's one of those "Exit, stage left!" scenarios, lol.

Witchyone

Hahaha. Well, we're only crazy if we've never thought ourselves crazy, I say. Which, for someone like myself with a domicile Mars in 12th, is a daily occurrence. We're probably all high functioning crazy people :ninja:

But honestly, I wouldn't worry too much about it. Your ever changing persona is apart of your character which probably makes you very fun to be around. ....Except when it's that most wonderful time of the month. Then it's one of those "Exit, stage left!" scenarios, lol.

Mmhmm. Smiling and backing away slowly from the crazy lady, I see. :wink:

But seriously, thanks the for comments. I have a lot of Mars energy. In fact, I have strong Mars and Moon energies, and one could directly link those to other monthly cycling "energies." :whistling: